Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mischief Makers [Degu x EroticDystopia]

Degusaurusrex

Supernova
d9xnivl-a7154ddf-2ec0-45df-b3da-ba5bd8aa22e5.jpg
May 20th

"Astrid, come on! Stop being such a wuss!" A head full of dark hair whipped around, blue eyes blazing as her shoes scraped along the concrete. Brown eyes stared back at her unflinchingly, and she held up a middle finger at the man several feet away. "At least you were smart enough to dress in all black this time." He scoffed, and she waved the finger at him before continuing to walk.

"It's a good thing the weather isn't too warm yet, or I'd be dying in this thing." Waving a hand over her black jeans and zipped up hoodie, she shifted the small backpack on her shoulders. "So where exactly are we going? Just a random old house you want to check out? Are you sure it's abandoned, David?" The brunette paused, turning around to give her an exasperated look.

"Astrid, chill the hell out. I went and scoped it out the other day, no one's seen anyone for weeks, or at least that they know of. Worst case scenario, we book it before anyone gets suspicious. For God's sake, how old are you?" She huffed angrily from behind him, hands clenching the straps of her bag tightly. Why she still put up with David's attitude was beyond her, but truth be told, he was the closest to a real friend that she had. "It's not that much farther, let's hurry up!"

They'd chosen to wait until after the sun went down to explore the place, a supposedly abandoned house closer to the edge of the city. There had been plenty of close calls in the past, but neither of them had been caught yet. Despite being a bit blunt at times, David had yet to steer her wrong. Yet.

"Fine, let's hurry up, though! It's already, what, past ten? It's getting late." David said nothing and continued walking, leading her a few blocks away from where he'd parked his car. "You know if we have to run it's going to be a hell of a risk being able to get all the way back to the car." He shrugged and kept going, finally raising an arm to point down a mostly dark street. The few streetlights that still worked were dim, and there were abandoned garbage bins spread down sidewalks and in parts of the street. The area was run down to say the least, and she made a face before bounding after him.

"Alright, alright, which one is it?" He finally grunted, slowing down and pointing towards a large, dark house at the end of the dead end road. "Really-What is this, a horror movie? The last house on the street, all the lights off? Come on, dude. Whatever, let's just get this over with. There can't be much to see, with this area. You think it'll have anything valuable inside?" David's head turned, the look clearly telling her he was tired of hearing her talk. With a quick wave of her middle finger, Astrid came to a stop as they reached the house.

Three rickety steps led up to a worn porch, stable, but unattractive. A lone rocking chair remained there, as well as miscellaneous items obviously left by the previous owners. She approached it hesitantly even as David bounded up the steps, and he was yanking at the door before she could stop him.

"David! David, what the fuck are you—Stop!" Hissing the words at him, she groaned quietly as the door opened easily. Her partner in crime disappeared inside as she reached the top of the stairs, staying back until he swiftly came back out. "What was that all about?!" He gave her an amused look, phone out and fingers flying over the screen.

"Hey, yeah," She gave him a confused look as he tucked the phone against his ear, moving slowly around the porch. An old stool thudded against the porch as he bumped into it, barely sparing it a glance as he talked. "Yeah, it's empty just like I thought it was. You guys got the stuff?" Astrid was glaring furiously at him at that point, something he blatantly ignored. "Yeah man, bring everyone over and we'll light up here, alright?" With a click of his tongue as he hung up the phone, he took a step back as Astrid shoved at him.

"What, am I your guard dog for you to set up drug shit?!" He gave her another exasperated look as he pushed her back, causing several more items to tumble over with loud sounds. "David, we are going to get caught. I didn't sign up for this! I came to explore, not this. You cannot bring drugs here just because you say it's empty! I thought you quit that, anyway!" Shoving at him again, she let out a growl at the hand wrapping around her wrist. "Get off!" Her foot came out, swiftly connecting with his shin until he yelped.

"Good, you deserve it." Grinning smugly as he hopped around in pain, her head snapped to the side at the sight of bright lights. "What the—We just got here, how are there cops?! David, I told you! You were knocking all that stuff over and—DAVID!" Watching him hop over the side of the porch and disappear around back, she looked wildly around before going to follow suit.

"Stop! Hands where we can see them!" Freezing in her spot on the porch, Astrid slowly raised her hands high in the air with an internal curse. If she got her hands on David, she was going to put him in a world of hurt. Footsteps thudded on the street and up the steps, rough hands pushing her back into the front of the house. "Show me the hands."

"I have them well above me, you can see that!" Snapping at the officer that was turning her to face him, she flattened herself against the house with a scowl. "I didn't do anything, I was just visiting someone!" Bold lie, but it was the best she could create on such short notice.

"Ma'am, no one lives here. No one's lived here for some time."

"How do you know? They're just not home right now. I've been trying to call them, but there's no answer. I didn't mean to make noise, sorry I scared whoever called." Resisting the urge to roll her eyes, she kept her hands firmly above her head as the flashlight shined towards her face. The sound of the radio crackled from the cruiser, and she internally cursed her luck.

I'm going to jail, and it's all David's fault.

He had been in the attic when he heard noise coming from the first floor, he didn't even need to check it out. It was just some rando's venturing in and disturbing his home. Curiousness got the better of him and he went to investigate, and from the second-floor balcony he could see a male fumble around the house and then check in with his friend that was with him. He picked up on the name David for sure, he was not to sure about the other person with him. He would keep David in mind for later. Payback would come for that man soon enough.

While the two were on the porch he called the cops and told them someone had broken into his place, probably armed since there were still some things of value left in the house. He didn't smell gunpowder but he knew they were up to no good, though the girl seemed to be less enthused by the mans bullshit, for now he would track her and see what she was like. He took in their scents and memorized them for later, the apprehension from the girl was thick unlike the carefree male.

Once the police arrived he let them do their thing and it seemed the girl was abandoned by her cohort, the dark hair man made is way down the steps and came out to the porch where the police and the girl were. "Officer thank you for coming so quickly." he said and then looked to the girl, and then back to the officer. "I do not wish to press charges, now that I know who has come into my home. You'll find her friend running north from here and is hiding in a garage about two blocks away." he mentioned to the officer, claiming he could see the man and his position from the attic where he had been.

"No one lives here, huh?" Astrid gave the officers an annoyed look over her shoulder as someone came to the door, announcing that they'd been the one to call the police. David clearly hadn't done proper research if he'd just broken into a home that actually had someone living there, which meant that she was up to her neck in legal trouble if the man decided to press charges.

"Oh." He wasn't going to press charges? That was strange, but her posture relaxed noticeably even as she kept her hands in the air for the moment. "Wait, what?" David had gotten that far in such a short span of time? She knew the bastard could run fast when he was making sure to not get caught causing trouble, but damn. How did the homeowner even know that he was that far, let alone where he was hiding? Was his attic really so high up that he could see that far away? Even if it was, why was he hovering around in his attic at this time of night?

Astrid dropped her hands and turned slowly as one of the officers talked over his radio to give David's general location, and her eyes went between the officers and the man standing on the porch. If he wasn't pressing charges, why weren't they letting her leave yet? The old scare tactic, huh?

"I didn't even go inside, anyway. I know better than to go into anyone's house without their permission. Not my fault David is a jackass who doesn't like to listen." She was more than happy to toss him under the bus if he was going to treat her as expandable. She'd only shown up to what she thought was an abandoned home, she hadn't actually gone inside, let alone been making plans to do drugs there.

"You gonna tell the cops to let me leave now, or is this the part where I get a stern talking to?" She directed her attention to the apparent owner of the house, giving him a slow once over with a minute amount of interest. That was the last kind of aesthetic she had expected from someone calling the cops on them, she'd have expected a middle aged woman or an old man with a shotgun!

Back
Top Bottom