Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Uplink Galaxy

Fandomizer

Control My Mind
So I was thinking of doing a group rp where a bunch of college kids get into a new VR game similar to sword art online . But the difference here is that rather than being based on swords, magic, fantasy, it will be based on aliens, space ships, planets, moons, and futuristic space civilization. In the character select screen you can choose an alien or human and join a faction and build your character.

Right now I am just thinking out loud. There will definitely be Gaianesians. ;)

Of course! Are the characters intended to be trapped in the game? Or is it just them playing?

Yeah most of them will be trapped. There are admins who are board members of the company. Those people can sign in and out.

I just had to ask. What level of lewd are you thinking here? An adult game, but without planned adult content? Or a game open to all ages? Or maybe adult elements incorporated?

I mean it’s gonna be on this site so sexual things are gonna happen. They won’t be the focus of the roleplay and probably 18ish would be the youngest players. It’s marketed to colleges.

What would you like to see?

@ChrisGabriel

What would you like to see?

I am interested in some more about the VR game and the processof character creation, while it is freeform, but how free is creating a character?
Also would be interested in some almost purely sexual encounters, and also the option to take the encounters in a more sensual, if not outright sexual solution.

In other words, while obviously not a sex based world, but with some skills and items geared towards sexuality, and it somehow being an option to get/give sexual reactions and make it count...

For humans they could look like just about anything. For some alien types who are more racially homogeneous there would be less options, just to keep everything lore-friendly. There won’t be any cosmetics or micro transactions for sale. Instead it will just be a subscription service or some poorer students can use their body as a battery while they are in the virtual world to pay.

Your ideas sound interesting.

Hm. What if there are more real world - VR interactions possible? I mean, finding, getting things in game canbe exchanged for real life gifts, or knowledge? They are in college, so I am thinking like some testquestions or at least clues for them could be found here and there, maybe reaching an agreement with a group or becoming friends with them makes you get a box of goods (snacks, maybe cider, or even clothes).

Also, if we make it about the college life too, then there could be some real life dares that give in game stuff. Or at least the characters and their users could exchange things for other things...

Or even having patrons offering in game gifts for wearing or doing something out of the game, or getting subscription in exchange of the patron advertisement appearing in game too..

What I am interested in doing is some in game effects having real life consequences? Either by the game affecting the user's body and mind somehow, or an outside force - from law to bullies including medical - making sure thatsome changesoccur?

I am not honestly looking to do too much stuff in the real world. For some the goal will just be to escape and return to the real world but it will be near impossible and more of an end game thing if it happens. These college students do technically have real lives but they are being virtually kidnapped from those lives.

What could be interesting though is having a girl in a wheel chair with a spinal injury unable to walk in the real world but able to run like a world class athlete in the game world.

Ah... So, I can understand the kidnapped thing. But then there are no communication with the outside world, and they can't know whathappens with their bodies outside either. But it is possible that they get the - true or not - information that ingame death or changes are being transferred to their real selfes somehow... Mostly just to stop them fleeing by character death?

Or maybe the real world consequences is setting in incrementally just when they die and get resurrected in-game? Otherwise they could be real reckless about it.

There is one way communication in that the admins in the real world can talk to the players. But correct, no way for them to talk to the outside world without a special item or hack.

I am thinking players will resplendent after they die but only once unless they retrieve their own death loot. Kinda like dark souls? If they can get to their own death site and retrieve it or hunt it down then they can go back to having two lives.

Death twice without retrieval of loot results in total memory loss in the real world and the corporation will do what they want with you.

Most of the lore so to speak is aesthetic for the aliens and the themes of their planets. Player characters can be aliens just with less customization. Other than that it’s an MMO so the lore doesn’t matter as much as if it was single player game because the players themselves have such a dynamic on the world. We do have the feminist Gaianesians along with their homeworld, colonies, and empire. The patriarchal Harkens (technically the same species as Gaianesians but with much bigger males) who have a Ringworld and their own empire and rivalry with their fairer rivals. And the slaver empire and republic (mostly run by humans and the “good guys”. The Republic has a similar role in the Milky Way that America has on Earth.

Anyway, I think that my character (I) would be trying out one of these purple skinned aliens, - possibly without fully reading through their peculiar anatomy and culture. Also would be interested in some kind of Mecha pilot or Power Armor user, so skinsuit is a given... :)

Sounds good to me. You probably want a Harken then if you are playing a guy. Patriarchal typically but he doesn’t have to be. Gaianesian men aren’t permitted in the military.

Back
Top Bottom