Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

◤βlackΘut◢ ║Lagertha x Skald Father║

Lagertha

Devilishly Wicked
◤Chapter 1◢
Darkness. Lights. The contrast was nauseating. A sharp pain digging into the brain.

"This way!" The voice cut into the thick fog, but all she could see was darkness. "Hurry up!" What time was it? Where was she? Who…who was that voice leading her? "Ach! You are so slow!" The hands were cold as they lifted her, pulling her off the ground. She hadn't even realized she had fallen into the mud, or that it was storming overhead. Had she been crawling in the ground looking at the mud this whole time?

The thing that lifted her was double her size, his breath smelled of rot and decay. A tooth poked out of his right cheek below the hooded robe he wore. His skin was gray, eyes covered with bloodied rags and when he smiled at her…she wanted to puke.

There was no fighting the creature. Her hands were unusable with the rain pouring down, and she could only see out of one eye. Gasping, panicking as she saw the glow ahead of them. It wasn't far, she realized. Had she been trying to find her way here? "Who-…" Her voice cracked when she spoke, throat dry. It felt as though mud had coated her lungs. 'Was I eating mud?' The thought ran through her head. A thought. When was the last time she had one of those?

"So heavy for such a skinny thing!" He dragged her inside. Feet sliding on the ground before she slowly started to walk beside him, propped up with one of his arms. "Here! This one! Help this one! Hey, I'm talking to you, Uy!" The thing hissed annoyed and she winced at the light inside. It was so bright it was blinding. She closed her eyes, her head consumed by an awful throb.

"Uy the Almighty! Call me by my full name you twat!" Uy the Almighty had scampered out of some dark corner, and knocked his staff against the other creature's head. "Always forgetting my magnificence!"

"Someone's magnificence was too great to brave the storm to save another one!" The creature that held her spat at Uy the Almighty. He straightened himself. Uy the Almighty was only slightly taller than the one that held her. His hump made Uy the Almighty a great seven feet. Uy the Almighty had a slump forward that caused his true height to only be six feet. His staff was nearly eight feet tall with a swirl on the end and it glowed gold. His garments were loose, tethered and bloody on the ends, but what color remained was beautiful shades of yellow. His eyes were also bandaged up, but red glowed beneath them as he looked at the newcomer.

"This one?" Uy the Almighty stretched out a long finger, bones showed on every knuckle. His nails had grown out and they curled at the ends.

"Don't ignore me you imbecile!" The creature stomped its foot, and she opened her eyes. Fear surged into her as she saw what should have been a foot was a fisted hand. She struggled, trying to break away. "What the-" The thing let go of her, and she fell on the ground.

"M-Monster!" She cried hoarsely. There was an echo, she realized. The creature that had been holding her wore a dark blue robe, which covered their fist-feet when they stood still.

"There you go again, scaring another one Cu! This is why Uy the Almighty is here to guide the newcomers!" Uy the Almighty rose their hands above their head as if giving some sort of performance. The newcomer's hands banged against the metal of the helmet on their head. It only made her panic more, tears filling her eyes.

"Alright then brother, then calm this one down and I'll be on my way." Cu crossed their arms over their chest, they seemed annoyed with the situation.

"Watch my Glory!" Uy the Almighty pushed Cu out of the way. Cu shook their head spitting onto the dust covered floor. Uy the Almighty leaned down, hand on her helmet to still her, but it only made her scream. Her hands, she couldn't move them or the fingers as she tried to swat at him.

"Get off of me!" It was raspy, barely hearable over the crackling of flames and the thunder outside the door.

"Do not tell me, Uy the Almighty, what to do!" Uy the Almighty brought their staff down, knocking it on her helmet. He laughed, and Cu chuckled as she groaned, shaking from the vibrations.

"That's not…very nice…you two." A soft voice cut over the commotion and there was a silence that followed as though it trumped any other sound. The newcomer looked up to see the female walking slowly towards them holding a bowl of water. "Hello there.." There was a smile on her resting features, her skin was a deep navy blue, near the same shade as Cu's robes. Long sky blue hair flowed over her shoulders and covered her bare chest. Where her privates should have been, white fabric had been sewn into her flesh with white thread. Her eyes were also closed, but by some sort of white rings that kept them forever slightly shut. What was the obsession with these creatures and their eyes? This one stood above the overs as she approached the newcomer, at nine feet. Here in this space, she didn't need to bend forward, as the ceiling was as tall as two of her. "Here…this…should help." She bent down, her hands locked on the bowl she carried as she offered it to the newcomer. "Drink…please." Without further adieu, the newcomer lapped at the bowl of water. There was only a slit in the helmet causing water to flow outside of it and spill down the front to her shirt. "My name..is Merilesqe." Announced the tall blue skinned woman. "I will help you…when you get lost."

"Bah! Am I done fetching his royal asshole more subjects?" Cu growled annoyed he was still here.

"Be quiet!" Merilesqe raised their voice, a sharp tone that sent chills through the room. "Do you…remember?" Merilesqe looked down at the newcomer who lapped at the water, when they got their fill she pulled the bowl away as if it was precious. Despite the newcomer lapping away, the bowl had not lessened in fullness.

"Remember?..." The newcomer blinked the one eye they could see out from with the helmet. "Remember what?"

"I see…so you don't remember then…how…very sad.." Merilesqe sighed, but the smile that was forever on her lips was unpleasant. "What will…you call this one?" She raised her head as if to look at something, but Uy the Almighty cleared their throat as Cu bickered.

"Hmm…" Uy the Almighty thought a bit. "Well…"

"If it helps…I found this one dragging their helmet through the mud trying to get here." Cu sighed. It seemed he was trying to help in whatever process was happening.

"Oh my!.." Merilesqe giggled, but the newcomer felt ashamed. 'So I was eating mud then. But…why?'

"Mik'tu! I'll name this one Mik'tu!" Uy the Almighty explained laughing proudly.

"Been a while since you've named one that…" Cu sighed.

"What does…it mean…again?" Merilesqe brought the bowl up to her chest as she stood slowly, before moving to a chair in the center of the room. She sat down, holding the bowl on her lap and running her fingers over the edge. To the left of her was a stone fireplace. Flames consumed the inside of the firepit, but there was something sparking that helped keep the Madness at bay. An old Magick.

"One with Madness." Uy the Almighty and Cu explained together.

"I see…how..very fitting…" Merilesqe giggled.

"Mik'tu?" The three nodded at the newcomer who moved to stand. For a moment, it seemed they weren't frightened by the creatures, having been calmed by Merilesqe and her water. There was something about Merilesqe that made her feel something and…Mik'tu cried, her head filling with daggers at the thought.

"Don't try…to remember…it's better to accept…your new life." Merilesqe sighed. She didn't wait for Mik'tu to calm down, her hands lifted the bowl, swirling it around before dropping it on her lap. "Then…shall we see where…to send this one?" Merilesqe dropped the bowl again. It made a soft hum, the threads on her skin glowing. With a third drop, the water glowed, and water particles in the air lit up showing a line from the bowl through the vast empty room towards a dark hallway. "I see…then…this is their path.."

"Follow me and my greatness!" Uy the Almighty scooped down, grabbing Mik'tu's scrawny arm and hoisted her to her bare muddy feet. Mik'tu gulped, but was quiet. She stumbled along with him following him towards the door but the closer they got, the more she panicked. Mik'tu struggled as she was pulled into the darkness.

"No!" She shrieked, the word echoing off the dark walls. Falling forward, hands clashing against the helmet once more. Knees struck the ground. The locks rattled from the helmet and gauntlets locked in place on her. Trapped. Inside of the helmet and gauntlets. Rusted and old. Nothing more than a shirt and torn pants clinging to her.

A hand fell on her shoulder, it was Uy the Almighty's. He knocked the tip of his staff against the bottom of her helmet forcing her to look up. The staff rose in front of her one uncovered eye. There, the hue lit up, revealing the yellow coloring. Without a word, Uy the Almighty blew on the staff. Gold Dust flied off it hitting her opened eye. "AH!" She shrieked. Mik'tu smacked the opening where her eye was, to cover it. The powder absorbed all the moisture. Tears rolled down her cheeks finding her mouth. Salty. Mik'tu blinked as Uy the Almighty grumbled.

"Open your eyes! Oh…Eye." Uy the Almighty cleared his throat. She looked up, panting within her helmet. As her eye adjusted to the swirling dust, the whispers subsided a bit more. They had been such a common thing until now. Her vision cleared, as though a film was being removed. Lights lined the inside of the hallway, illuminating the path. Small, unnoticeable before the dust. The lights were a dull orange, but there was something appealing about them. "Good, now get up! Do as I say!" Uy the Almighty huffed, but Mik'tu blinked in wonder at the sight. 'How did I miss that?' It didn't matter how she had, the dust had cleared her mind enough to see it now.

Reluctantly, she had gotten back on her feet. There was a silence between the two, his staff echoing through the halls as they moved. Quickly Mik'tu had learned not to think too hard about the situation, about where she had come from. Unless she wished for more headaches to ensue. There was only the way forward, following the blue glowing light.

Uy the Almighty had led Mik'tu through the tunnel before there had been an opening. Several other hallways had opened up before them, but he had tugged her along towards the glowing light. After they had walked in almost complete silence. Save for the sound of her breath inside of her helm, the slap of her muddy feet on the stone floor, and the hum on his lips.

An opening appeared down another dark hallway. Light poured in from the outside. Yellows and oranges. Birds chirped in the distance. Fresh air filled the nose. Mik'tu took a deep breath, relaxing. A stone appeared the closer they got, a boulder truthfully. It was there against the right wall before the exit, and Uy the Almighty moved towards it, sitting down with a grunt. He knocked his staff against the ground, nostrils flaring. Mik'tu stopped in front of him. Uy the Almighty pulled his left hand over the edge of his frayed hood, pulling it over his face.

"What is it now? Longing for more of the wonder that is Uy the Almighty?" Uy the Almighty grinned. He placed his left hand over his right on the staff. Mik'tu shook her head. "Then, what do you want? Have I not done enough by showing you the way?" Her yellow eye studied him. She still was unable to move her individual fingers within the thin gauntlets due to the rust. No weapons. No armor.

"Hmm…" Mik'tu nodded. He had done a lot, hadn't he? She moved forward going to the exit, but Uy the Almighty grasped her wrist. Mik'tu turned her head as best she could to look at him. A glowing red eye under the bandages as he bared his teeth. His lips pulled away from the teeth showing the gums. Each tooth was as long as her index finger.

"Mik'tu…" Mik'tu grunted, the whispers tugging at her brain. He inclined his head. "I, Uy the Almighty will wait here for when the Madness becomes too much to handle. The gold dust will keep it at bay." Mik'tu nodded. Once more she moved to leave, but he held tight on her wrist. "You'll find other places, not with my magnificence of course!, but places like this one. Another Hearth. My brothers will be there if you find them, tell them I sent you."

"Another Hearth…" Mik'tu ran the words over her tongue. Uy the Almighty nodded.

"Yes, like this one, the Hearth of Toq." There were voices outside the door, people talking. "Ahhh more adventurers." Mik'tu turned to look at the opening as Uy the Almighty released her wrist. She watched as a small group of people came forward from the forest. Battered, bruised. One carried the corpse of a companion, metal sticking out of their neck. She watched, adventurers clad in armor from head to toe of varying degrees, weapons broken, and their eyes were hollow.

"You're back." An adventure pushed past her, the one who held the lifeless corpse of his companion in his arms. A younger man. "Fix him." He was tall, his left arm torn open with a gaping wound, bearded, armor from the neck down. A modge podge of armor, with a shattered sword strapped to his waist. He kneeled before Uy the Almighty, placing the younger male's corpse at his feet. Uy the Almighty moved the end of his staff, knocking it against the head of the fallen. Blond hair caught on the end, the lifeless blue eyes pushing to look at the stranger. "I said fix him!" He reached forward, dark skinned, and grabbed the end of Uy the Almighty's staff. Uy the Almighty growled. The friendly creature leapt from his perch on the stone, swinging his staff wildly around at the man. Raising it and bringing it down and battering him. The adventurer spat up blood, clinging to his chest.

"Do not tell me, Uy the Almighty, what to do!" Mik'tu stumbled back out of the tunnel, her back knocking against the bark of the tree. Blood coated on the staff, dripping. Uy the Almighty spat, annoyed at the man before sitting on his perch once more. He had reframed from killing the man outright, but the adventurer was beaten to a pulp. She stumbled forward, grabbing the adventurer to cover his wounds, but Uy the Almighty shoved his staff in front of her. "Don't bother with the filth." He pushed against her, forcing her away from the adventurer he had just beaten. "Let him die with the man he loved." Mik'tu looked at the lifeless corpse of the younger male only inches away from his battered lover.

"Loved…" Pain surged. She shut her eyes and screamed. Whispers. There were so many whispers filling up her head.

"Hmmm…" Uy the Almighty sighed, he struck his staff against the cold stone floor grasping her gaze. "Breathe." Delayed, she nodded and took a big breath in before exhaling. "Better." Uy the Almighty sighed, looking outside. Mik'tu turned. There were trees as thin as her forearm, hundreds of the white stalks that stood in front. So high, they disappeared in the sky. To the left was a grassy hill they moved down to a stone circle. Adventurers seemed to gather there, some were in the trees too. "They'll come now, you should go before they do." Mik'tu followed his gaze, he stared at the adventurers around the stone circles. Stumbling onto her feet, she looked back at the two men on the ground: one dead with metal sticking out of his neck, long blond hair, lifeless blue eyes and his lover, dark skinned, hollowed eyes, clinging to life. Mik'tu breathed in deeply when the whispers started in again, exhaling as she looked forward to the trees. With another breath, she set out unsure of what to expect next.

Back
Top Bottom