Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Elipia, a work in progress (Beware of extreme gore/violence, high fantasy)

Horror, gore, High Fantasy, Adventure, psychological
  • Lagertha

Devilishly Wicked
    I'm deciding to post my story in here I'm working on. I'll do my best to make posts by chapter to lessen the spam. I'm always open to any questions, ideas, or suggestions anyone might have. Please be constructive and kind. Or just drop me a message letting me know you enjoy the story! It helps me keep going, seriously I appreciate it. Please PM or message me on discord for any discussions.

As I'm a gore/fighting scene lover... This will have gore, horror, and fighting scenes in it. Everything else, I am unsure of.

I hope you enjoy! Thanks!

Prologue

The land of Elipia was a peaceful place. A place of trade and prosperity. Mainly, the land was composed of farmers, and those that used the resources around them. Now and then traders and travelers would venture through, but the place was known for its bounty in food, wildlife, diversity and bright beautiful colors. Here it was said that the sun never set, for even in the dark the sky and land of Elipia was alit with beautiful creatures and bioluminescent plants.

No one remembered when the dark Gods had cast their shadow over Elipia. All that is known is the world was shattered by a pulsating magick. Chunks of Elipia splintered, people were turned into monsters, and the once peaceful lands had become dangerous. The original rulers of the world, the ones once worshiped as Gods, had become the leaders of the armies. Mindless things bent on controlling their lands and destroying anyone willing to get in their way.

Over the centuries, only legends remained about the leaders in their respective lands. Or how the world had changed. Ports had opened over the world, small things built to keep the terrors outside of their halls. The remaining beings had collected inside for protection, while others had equipped themselves with sword, shield, armor, magick, and sought to lighten up the lands of Elipia once more. Some thought the quest foolish. Others thought the cause noble. Those that died were marked as saviors. While others still danced on the fools graves.

As most things changed over the years, so did the leaders of Elipia. Some had become sentient. Some had been conquered and overthrown only to be ruled by worse beings. A rumor had spread for one of the newest Lords, the Lord of Zu'Dedd, had once been a known adventurer seeking to purge the world of darkness, only to then themselves become corrupted in a seat of power.

All anyone knew anymore (for those not controlled by one of the current Lords) was that, no where was safe and everyone could be a foe.

Chapter 1

Waking up was the worst part. Not remembering where you had been. Where you had come from. Who you had loved or lost. Or who had loved or lost you. There was always the headache. Lights flashing in front of the eyes. Blue. Black. White. Green. Yellow. When the warm orange glow of the hearth returned it was a breath of fresh air. Not stuck in enemy territory. Not surrounded by the madness of what might have been. Yet, there was always the questions that poured out of the mouth into the air.

"Where am I?...Who...am I?" It was the burden of Elipia since the great maddening of the world. Another adventurer joins the ranks.

"Welcome to the Hearth of Toq!" A being stepped forward planting a hand on a new comer that had appeared. Much like the rest, the newcomer was confused, locked into their armor that covered them from head to toe. The being, draped in various patterns of gold cloth that hung loosely over its large frame, ran their long gray fingers over the shackles that bound the new one. "I will be your guide! You may call me Uy the Almighty!" Uy the Almighty waved their gray hand begging the newcomer to follow. While the warm orange glow of the hearth coated the eyes, there was nothing that could be seen in the room besides Uy the Almighty.

"U-Uy?" The newcomer stuttered looking at their hands before running them over their own body. Metal gloves had been locked in place, the locks hung from each wrist. A helmet was on their head, holes to breath out of their nose, a small slit for the mouth for speaking, some holes in the side for hearing, and only one eyes slot had been carved over in a circle. The helmet, much like the newcomer's gloves, were locked shut. Their feet were bare, but looking down was impossible with the helmet they wore. All parts of their identity were stolen, robbed, masked by the clothing they were locked into. There was no way to tell exactly what clothing they wore when they ran their hands over their own body. Only Uy the Almighty could see the tattered remains of a gray shirt and black torn pants that clung to the stranger's frame.

"No no! Uy the Almighty!" Uy the Almighty knocked their long fingernail over the newcomer's helmet forcing a ringing in their ear. He watched, amused as they stepped backwards, knocking their gloves into the helmet and only making the noise worse. Uy the Almighty tightened their grip on a long staff they leaned onto. As the newcomer stilled they could make out more of the creature in front of them, for that is what it was, a creature.

"M-Monster!" The newcomer rushed forward with only their bare hands (save for the gloves they wore). As if unamused, Uy the Almighty lifted a hand before stepping to the side to avoid their attack. Helplessly the newcomer toppled to the ground, water splashing from their fall.

"I am your guide! You will do best to remember my presence!" Uy the Almighty raised their staff, a long golden thing that twisted and stood at 7' where Uy the Almighty only stood a meek 5'8, and knocked it into the side of the newcomer. The newcomer grunted in pain. The staff glowed illuminating Uy the Almighty's face, there it showed the gray face, a bottom lip that pulled away from the bottom row of teeth, holes where a nose should be, and bandages that covered the creatures eyes. Uy the Almighty had a hump on their back, the hump made them several inches taller than they actually were. Even with the glow of the staff, it was hard to make out anything but the water under them, dark walls, and the fading of a fire. "Come now or die once more."

Die once more...The thought made the newcomer's head scream, pain and whispers floating through their brain. Uy the Almighty grunted, impatient, with one hand he pulled the back of the clothing of the newcomer and placed them on their feet. The madness had gotten them...and it was a wonder they had survived at all.

"A joke my friend!" Uy the Almighty placed their hand on the small shoulder of the newcomer. Slowly their breathing calmed, but their gloved hands shook frantically and they gasped for air. Right then. It was best not to tempt the waters with this one.

Last edited:
    Back
    Top Bottom