Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What’s you’re favorite word??

Aka Kitsune

Super-Earth
One of the first things I like to ask new role playing partners is “hey! What’s your favorite word?!”

Sooooo, let’s hear all of your favorites.

I really like tomfoolery. Thank you for asking~

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia - the fear of long words. It's on the same level of dickish word naming as putting an "s" in "lisp," and I can't help but fear and respect that level of malice.

Ooo, I have a lot of words that I really like, both real and made up ones.

There’s too many to declare a single favorite, so I’m going to go with copious.

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I've recently grown to love the word 'verily'. It verily sounds super formal yet funny at the same time. Especially when it's used on its own. Verily!

Perchance is a good contender for a favorite word, too. Strangely, though, I never use either. :p

If we have to go with a word I actually use from time to time, it's probably 'sear'. It's just quite versatile when used to describing various emotions and feelings, like A searing anxiety plunged into his gut like was his flesh stabbed by a red hot blade freshly pulled from the coals of a smith's furnace. The jagged edge of his worries twisted and turned, pulled and pushed, ripping and tearing his insides slowly, surely and seemingly without end. Waves upon waves of pain would radiate through his veins, yet he had nothing to show of it but his sweaty palms, fidgeting eyes and ragged breathing. No proof but his thoughts and feelings, things his anxiety wouldn't let him put into words. Nom!

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I've recently grown to love the word 'verily'. It verily sounds super formal yet funny at the same time. Especially when it's used on its own. Verily!

Perchance is a good contender for a favorite word, too. Strangely, though, I never use either. :p

If we have to go with a word I actually use from time to time, it's probably 'sear'. It's just quite versatile when used to describing various emotions and feelings, like A searing anxiety plunged into his gut like was his flesh stabbed by a red hot blade freshly pulled from the coals of a smith's furnace. The jagged edge of his worries twisted and turned, pulled and pushed, ripping and tearing his insides slowly, surely and seemingly without end. Waves upon waves of pain would radiate through his veins, yet he had nothing to show of it but his sweaty palms, fidgeting eyes and ragged breathing. No proof but his thoughts and feelings, things his anxiety wouldn't let him put into words. Nom!
Verily is a really nice word! And I rarely use my favorite either. There are only so many ways you can use tomfoolery

arguendo

That's up there on my list of favorite words if I had to choose.

Says a lot about me, I would think. x3

Verily is a really nice word! And I rarely use my favorite either. There are only so many ways you can use tomfoolery
Yeah, true. But there are some uses of the word! "He calls this tomfoolery a 'kink'!". Heh. :)

arguendo

That's up there on my list of favorite words if I had to choose.

Says a lot about me, I would think. x3
It does! Didn't know you were Roman. Send my regards to Cesar, would you? :p

Refulgent - a radiant or resplendent quality or state

Sardonic : "Grimly mocking or cynical."

The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.

- Frank Herbert (Dune) -

I like to think anyone can be a little sardonic sometimes, under the right circumstances.

Other words I really like: belligerent, melancholy, disgruntled

I think I have a thing for strong descriptors of a person’s mood. Also, I just enjoy that disgruntled is built around grunt. Like when you’re disgruntled you are literally being a human grunt.

Other words I really like: belligerent, melancholy, disgruntled

I think I have a thing for strong descriptors of a person’s mood. Also, I just enjoy that disgruntled is built around grunt. Like when you’re disgruntled you are literally being a human grunt.
Would you say...

Diss - grunt - towed?

Stay tuned for my awful puns. ;)

whilst
def. during which; while

I just love using this word instead of while. It is common in British Literature, and so fun to say.

It changes, like pants, but "Obsequious" has been on my radar for a hot minute.

I've recently rediscovered congeries, much to my delight, as well as thaumaturge, and I have many perennial favorites like wherewithal or perfunctory.

Lilt? I don't know. It's on my mind but I am loathe to imply that it's a favorite, yet I can't quite dislodge it.

Flavor of the month: havoc

Besides being my favorite class in WoW, it's just a badass word in general.

Back
Top Bottom