Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you collect?

CloudNine2980

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
Does anyone on here collect anything? I myself collect a lot of antiques. Particularly good old film cameras, typewriters. I have been thinking about buying ancient coins and military memorabilia from WW2/Cold War.

Video games, especially those for handhelds or older consoles (the PS2 being my more extensive one even though I own several PSX games, mostly major releases). You could say I am a bit of a retro gamer even though some of the titles I played are older than me by a long shot...that said I often worry about how I should preserve my collection in the future.

Still, gaming is a passion that runs in the family, I have very early memories of sitting on my dad's lap and watching him play WOW, CS or even Half-Life and Starcraft 1 & 2. We do co-op together sometimes.

Keychains. I have a big ol’ ring of them, all the way back from when I was in my early preteens and teens. Some with my name on them, some from varying states. Any time my ma goes out of state she brings me home at least one new one. Oft times it’s more like three. Cute little characters. Different materials. Some that have more than one use. IE: The horse head shaped one from Kentucky that also serves as a bottle opener. Some that have moving parts. IE: The little turtle she brought me that the head, arms and legs all move a little. Some bubble keychains that have the name of the location she’s brought it from. IE: The cute turtle shaped, water filled one from Antiqua that she brought me home. Then there are simpler ones she’s brought me even from in state. IE: The Hydra keychain she brought me from up north, simply because she knows I love Marvel. I also have a couple very beautiful ones from when she went on a trip to Italy.

Many of them I do not put on my keychain, especially ones with moving parts or ones such as the ones from Italy, because they are so unique or they move which ultimately will lead to them getting scuffed up and broken if they are on my key ring. Some of them though, I do put on my key ring to show them off.

Weeb stuff - The main things I collect are manga and figures, but I also have fairly big collection of physical anime as well + other miscellaneous stuff.

Physical music - CDs, LPs, C-casettes, live VHS/DVDs, documentaries etc. My collection mainly consists of metal, rock, punk and electronic genres of music, but I do have little bit of everything. For LPs I'm mainly collecting progressive rock and old electronic music at the moment (Vangelis, Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno, Depeche Mode etc.) and for CDs I currently try to expand my black metal and progressive metal variety.

Video games and consoles - I have really specific games that I want in my collection as physical copies. I also have loads of old consoles, but there are few ones I still haven't bought.

I don't actively collect things, but I tend to accumulate them. I have a lot of books, a lot of video games, and all the old consoles I've owned. They're kind of like collections, but I only buy things with the intent to read/play/enjoy them. It's more that I don't want to get rid of them. Lately I've been making use of the library a lot more, so what collections I have aren't especially growing.

tldr; No, I guess I don't collect anything 😋

Retro videogame systems (and games), Magic the gathering cards (though I haven't played in over a year), D&D... everything (Terrain, minis, books, etc.), A small amount of Funko Pops, Art from conversions.

I am amassing a library. So I collect books which seem interesting to me. Has led to some niche subject matters.

I've been collecting Magic the Gathering cards for years now. But that got real sodding expensive, so i'm starting to build a little army of Gunpla models n_n

I've been collecting Magic the Gathering cards for years now. But that got real sodding expensive, so i'm starting to build a little army of Gunpla models n_n
I've been meaning to get back into gunpla - I built them back in college (Before RG even existed) but had such limited space, now I have my own place, and an airbrush/modeling area for miniatures- it would be so easy to get back in- but I need to figure out what model I want to build.

Corsets! And I mean functional ones, steel boned ones, though a couple times I have been misunderstood and ended up with the plastic boned kind that don't function like the steel boned type. So far I have three steel boned corsets, including one conical rib period piece from the fifties that I will... probably never fit into again, but have trouble parting with because it was so expensive. I also have the matching seamed stockings and garter belt with that one.

Also books, of course, and I've probably amassed such a collection that I'll never get to read with how rarely I actually sit down with a book and read.

Oh, I'm an absolute classic nerd.

Figures, comic books, games, movies... all that fun stuff.
The most specific thing I enjoy collecting is old VHS tapes of Danish dubs of cartoons - partly because of nostalgia, partly because a lot of these, especially the olde rand lesser known ones, are likely never going to see any kind of release with the dub intact, so I like to salvage them when I find them. I did recently get some proper equipment to actually watch them on my flat screen TV too (at decent quality, to boot), so that feels great!

Does anyone on here collect anything? I myself collect a lot of antiques. Particularly good old film cameras, typewriters. I have been thinking about buying ancient coins and military memorabilia from WW2/Cold War.
I love collecting CDs. Collecting music in its physical format it's something that , due spotify and platforms like that, is getting lost.

Notebooks/journals/planners/stickers... I have way too many to the point I don't even know what to fill them with, and I always keep my eye out for more.

Last edited:
Figures and models and statues, that sorta thing. Got back into gunpla, now I have my own plastic model ramen cup. Particularly proud of my Nintendo Power Zelda Contest Statue and my D&D Colossal Red Dragon.

Pokemons from various countries, perfume, postcards, mugs, snowballs, earrings, frogs, lipsticks... gosh

in true degenerate fashion (lol) i collect plushies. mainly squishmallows and cinnamaroll plushes--but who am i to discriminate against cuties of all sorts?

At this point I am a data hoarder. Mainly digital movies and art. I try to avoid anything physical--I move too often. :p Already the books I've amassed are a pain.
in true degenerate fashion (lol) i collect plushies. mainly squishmallows and cinnamaroll plushes--but who am i to discriminate against cuties of all sorts?
Wait, squishmallow is an actual word? I thought a friend invented that as a nickname for her plushies.

Novels, poetry, cookbooks. Houseplants. Perfumes. The last 10% of different skincare products I can't bring myself to just finish off. The first 10% (give or take 8%) of different languages. Whiskeys, mostly by accident. Cool Jackets™.

Those little twisty ties that come on bags of bread. I might need to twisty tie some shit together sometime. Or use them for an interesting art project.

20220402_121420.jpg

....ironically, I don't eat bread. I steal these from the bags of bread that the other people in this house buy and consume.

At this point I am a data hoarder. Mainly digital movies and art. I try to avoid anything physical--I move too often. :p Already the books I've amassed are a pain.

Wait, squishmallow is an actual word? I thought a friend invented that as a nickname for her plushies.
lol, nope. it's a particular brand of plushie.
they have this cute lil bean shape.

s-l400.jpg

Semi unintentionally I've steadily started to accumulate Cinnamaroll pieces. XD Primarily started as getting matching sets for me and a close friend -- Cinnamaroll being his favorite Sanrio character. :v

Besides that -- my collections tend to change depending on my latest hyperfixations pft;

- Cute plushies in general I love to collect. I have so many at this point I actually had to make my own like... plushie nest of sorts to store them. Which only ended up fitting about 70-80% of my current haul;;;;

- I have a pretty decent collection of Sasuke Uchiha merch specifically.

- Fair amount of wigs for cosplay I suppose could be considered a collection??? 🤣

- Gradually building up on collecting a specific line of plush dolls.

- Trying to collect more Sumikko Gurashi items, specifically of Tokage. 💙 💙 💙

- Have a fair amount of Sanrio items. I'll forever be salty my childhood favorite character, Chibimaru, was discontinued. He was my favorite. 😩 💔 😭 Merch for him are pretty rare to find these days, and by extension are pretty fucking expensive.

- I'm starting to collect/make my own miniature stuff.

- Have a collection of various types of pins and acrylic keychains sort of merch.

- Trying to collect more Yu Yu Hakusho based items.

- My primary collection right now is BTS based. 💜 💜 💜 In various format, and mostly fan made -- prints, pins, keychains, figurines, plushies, fan designed clothes, bags, lightsticks, photocards and soooo much more hahaha.

Hair ties, notebooks/stationary/other pretty paper things, leggings & joggers, stylish (hopefully) baggy t-shirts, skincare & makeup, organizational storage containers.

Back
Top Bottom