Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hey, are my threads alright?

Canonfan

Star
Personally, I've always found it much more efficient to arrange by fandom rather than have multiple line breaks for different ideas. I think this might look a bit better:
  • Idea 1
  • Idea 2
  • Idea 3

• Idea 1
  • Idea 2
  • Idea 3

This lets people browse the fandoms they're familiar with and want to hear more about while passing over those that don't interest them, rather than having to look through every single idea to see if they recognize something.

I'm also personally more interested in clicking on links for images and choosing whether or not to view them, rather than having NSFW images embedded. Sometimes I search at work or in public, then get to the NSFW stuff when I'm home, so it's a bit hard to click on NSFW threads in the first place.

I think it would also be helpful to add in a bit about how you write and your preferences on things like post length, RP location, post frequency, OOC style, etc. I always like to know that partners might be compatible with what I want OOC, and your first thread especially but both honestly don't give much information about this which would make me hesitate to message someone. If I know I can only post once a week but there's no indication that they're okay with that, or if I'm only looking to RP via PM but I can't tell how they like to RP, or what-have-you, I'd likely just pass it over.

Also, perhaps consider resizing your images so they don't fill the whole page, but that might just be a personal preference.

Again, this is more just my opinion than a "do this or you'll fail", but I figured I'd leave some input!

That, is honestly pretty fair advice. I'm not sure why I did not think of doing that sooner after.. What, a year on BMR?

Organization is a bigger factor than a lot realize, I think. I've had quite a few searches in the years I've been here, and my most successful have been ones that organize information efficiently. If you ever want any tips and tricks, I'm happy to workshop!

Thank you for the offer. To be perfectly honest the one that confuses me more, is the NB thread.. I'm not sure what to do with it since it's so short in general.

Thank you for the offer. To be perfectly honest the one that confuses me more, is the NB thread.. I'm not sure what to do with it since it's so short in general.
Personally, I think my original advice still stands: mention a bit about how you write and what you're looking for in a partner and organize it a bit more efficiently (make use of headers and lists, perhaps).

It doesn't tell me much about what you're looking for outside of your specific fandom ideas, but since I can't tell how you write in general or if we'd be compatible as writing partners, I find myself wanting to click out of it before I even read the ideas. I don't want to get enticed by an idea I might like only to find that we have massive incompatibilities in what we're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom