Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Got any stories to share about your pets?

Adventurer Amy

Meteorite
Pets are one of the most valuable parts of a family, so I'd like to dedicate this thread to talking about them.

I'm a huge cat lover and considering how strange they tend to be, it is always fun to hear crazy stories people have to tell about their cats. Dogs or any other pets for that matter also also welcome!

Sure. I have a cat. She's cute. That's the story.

Haha, but nah. Until I adopted this cat, I never realized how many weird sounds cats made. Always thought they just meowed. But she's got this weird adorable two-toned meow. Where it's like a meee--owwww but not even those sounds? And of course, the chittering. And all the strange, strange noises cats make.

She also likes to perch on the armrest of my gaming chair while I type. Like a parrot. I have a parrot-cat. I'm a pirate.

My cat sent me to the hospital for two whole days for biting my hand. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Iโ€™m sure many would like to know exactly what happened. Iโ€™ll try and make it short. Cโ€™mere, take a seat.

Little bitch broke through a window screen and got outside. I wasnโ€™t aware of a nearby stray lingering around, so when I picked up my precious little angel he went ape shit on my right hand. Heโ€™s declawed in the front and fully vaccinated, but obviously that means nothing.

Pulled him off, noticed a blackened hole atop my wrist. (it was deep, I have a scar and it even indents when I rotate my wrist in different positions) Went to the ER and they soaked my hand in iodine solution and wrapped me up. Told me to come back if it happened to get worse.

Yup. It got worse.

It looked like someone took a surgical glove and blew too much air into that bad boy. It was so swollen, red, and hot to the touch. I went back to the ER and they immediately admitted me. I stayed there for two days, mostly being kept under observation and being filled with them juicy IV fluids. I never had to pee so much in my life.

I still have the shit head, heโ€™ll be turning 11 this year. If this gets popular I will post images of said swollen hand and the cool souvenir I got afterwards, aka my scar.

My cat sent me to the hospital for two whole days for biting my hand. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

Iโ€™m sure many would like to know exactly what happened. Iโ€™ll try and make it short. Cโ€™mere, take a seat.

Little bitch broke through a window screen and got outside. I wasnโ€™t aware of a nearby stray lingering around, so when I picked up my precious little angel he went ape shit on my right hand. Heโ€™s declawed in the front and fully vaccinated, but obviously that means nothing.

Pulled him off, noticed a blackened hole atop my wrist. (it was deep, I have a scar and it even indents when I rotate my wrist in different positions) Went to the ER and they soaked my hand in iodine solution and wrapped me up. Told me to come back if it happened to get worse.

Yup. It got worse.

It looked like someone took a surgical glove and blew too much air into that bad boy. It was so swollen, red, and hot to the touch. I went back to the ER and they immediately admitted me. I stayed there for two days, mostly being kept under observation and being filled with them juicy IV fluids. I never had to pee so much in my life.

I still have the shit head, heโ€™ll be turning 11 this year. If this gets popular I will post images of said swollen hand and the cool souvenir I got afterwards, aka my scar.
You're gonna have to show us the little devil!

My cat was attached by a wild cat. Cut a massive hole inside her. She was all scratcher up and but she made it and is 3 years old

My cat jumped on an unopened litter bag. We locked eyes as she clawed it open in the middle of the living room. I pleaded her to stop. She stared intently. I kept desperately asking her to not do it. She peed while menacingly staring me down.

She's the alpha in our relationship.

My pet rabbit is an indoors bunny. We started keeping him in a hutch outside, but eventually decided to bring him in. I'm sure he's healthier that way, as he can really stretch his legs when he exercises.

Funniest thing about him is how "excited" he gets when he sees People first thing in the morning. Scurries back and forth on his towel with what I can only presume is the rabbit-equivalent of happiness at seeing People.

Plus when he jumps up on the couch to get pats from People when we're nearby. He jumps on the couch and looks at us inquisitively, his head tilted to one side, as if he's saying "well, here I am - pat me, damn it!"

I've got a few about my cat Kirby.

So her favorite toy is this little mouse that you hang from your door frame. The cat jumps up, grabs it, pulls it down and it bounces back up. Legit best 5 bucks I ever spent on her.
One day after a shower I lay down on my couch to just chill and I hear this pathetic meowing and crying. And I look over my shoulder and Kirby got her claw stuck on the mouse.

For christmas, my folks got her one of those self scooping litter boxes. It's pretty neat honestly. She does her business, and after some time the scoop starts. Well thing is, it has a counter for how many cycles it's gone through. And one day I noticed it was really high. So I got worried like "Oh shit she's going to the bathroom alot. That's usually a bad sign. I'll bring this up when we go to the vet on Friday for her shots."
Well I happen to one day catch this moron infront of the box just pawing at the litter crystals and triggering the sensors. Turns out Kirby just likes to watch the scooper do its thing.

You're gonna have to show us the little devil!
Behold, the little asshole that I love more than life itself!
BY5HqHd.jpg

Behold, the little asshole that I love more than life itself!
BY5HqHd.jpg
Omg, your cat could literally be mine's brother. Have you ever seen the subreddit Standard Issue Cats? I swear they were both produced from the same MeowswerNationFactoryโ„ข

Tabbycats are pretty common. Goblin (My mackerel tabby) could be Kitten's (heh) cat's sister too.

So funny story about how Goblin came into the house hold. It was about 2 and a half years ago on a blisteringly cold november night. It was absolutely freezing, and I was going out to take some trash. When I returned back inside, I noticed a small little thing just whizz past my legs and up the stairs which startled the fuck out of me. When I was able to focus on the object, I saw it was a kitten. Cute as can be though it looked absolutely miserable and cold. We bundled it up in a blanket and asked around to see if anyone around our house was missing a kitten. No one was, so we washed her up, flea bathed her a few times (She was covered in fleas), and were debating on when we should take her to a shelter. Instead I guess we just sorta adopted her. Fun times, though she's absolutely deserving of her name (Goblin) by now.

Goblin....Rev you are mean!! :ROFLMAO:
Look if you spent ten minutes with her you'd go 'Damn stop being such a fuckin goblin'. Besides I spoil her appropriately, gotta balance the meanness with the sweetness!

Anyway, some other fun pet stories from past pets.

I had only recently gotten a ferret (Dancer) when I was a teen. One day, I noticed she was missing. Like just gone from the house. We usually let her out of her cage during the day since she loved to run around (And try to steal shit), and everyone was home so we were able to supervise her. But one day it was just me, since my mom was at work and my sister was off with some friends. So anyway, I notice Dancer isn't anywhere around and even shaking her treat box (Which usually got her scrambling towards you) was to no avail. I thought she had maybe gotten out of the house and immediately started panicking/crying. So I continued looking for her for hours pretty much, even scouring around the neighborhood. Most of the day passed and I just flumped on the couch exhausted when I felt a little scratching and poking from the couch. A few minutes of hurried investigation later, and she had somehow clawed her way in to the couch innards and must have been in there for most of the day. She got out eventually, but damn if that wasn't a hellaciously stressful day.

A long time ago I used to tease/torment my cat with a yellow water pistol. Not on a regular basis, just occasionally. She got to recognising it in my hand after a while.

One day I was innocently emerging from the pantry with a banana in my hand...the cat saw it and bolted.

So my cat learned a new thing. From where? I have no idea.

When I don't let her into my lap, usually because I'm getting ready for work or something, she used to just kind of go do her own thing?

This week, however, she has been very insistent about tryna cuddle regardless... Me, literally just tryna drink my coffee in peace. Her, burrowing her head between my back and my chair, literally flattening herself against the chair and trying to tunnel (a chair which she has already clawed to smithereens, so at least no harm no foul there).

If I lean back more she just...keeps going. I thought cats didn't like to be squished.

Hella weird, this cat of mine.

Cats love being squeezed! (Within reason)

Sooo... Squish that cat.

I've also seen videos of cats enjoying straight up being slapped like a drum.

This stuff probably varies from cat to cat though, lol.

My less cuddly cat doesn't want to be touched unless it's just right, so you know, not exactly squishable. I think. I haven't dared to try, in all honesty. My more cuddly cat adores being squished. Like, I'll kneel down before it, and then just rub my face against its belly and it is so fluffy. And, sometimes, I'll just press my hands against its belly or shoulders and it'll purr like crazy. Super cute!

Hey, do ya guys know that feeling, where your belly is gurgling SO LOUD because you're very hungry but you don't go eat your dog food because dad has a banana?

20220417_073608.jpg

I almost didn't adopt my cat. I planned to adopt a cat, but I hadn't decided which one when I went to the shelter. First time I went there, they showed me around, and each cat had a sign on their door with a little information about them. I noticed how, on one sign, it said "Likes music", so I asked about it. They explained that he liked it when they sang to him, and that he slow-blinked at them whenever they did.

In the back of my head, I thought he'd fit well at home with someone like me who has music on 24/7 then, but I didn't really want a male cat again, and he hissed when they tried to approach him, so he didn't seem too friendly. I picked another female cat that time, went home, and waited for them to respond. I had to contact them again a few days later, since I didn't hear back, and they explained that the female cat I'd picked had already been claimed when I'd been there. Some mix-up.

I went back to the shelter a second time, still unsure what cat I wanted. I did remember the male cat from the first visit, but I kind of wanted a female. (I'd already owned a male cat long ago.) Anyway, I checked out another female, the sister of my first pick, and the male who liked music.

He was more relaxed on my second visit, hissed a bit, but immediately calmed down when they stroked his head with a brush they used to familiarize cats with petting. (Can't use your hands in the beginning.) While I was in his cage, I remembered how I'd read somewhere that if you slow-blink at a cat, they do it back sometimes, so I tried it, and he did it back to me instantly. The woman who worked there tried to explain to me how it's a good sign if the cat does that, until she realized that I'd initiated it. Then she went silent.

I named him Sturmgeist, and took him home April 1st, a year ago. He is the smartest cat I've ever met. He always meets me at the door when I come home, while purring, and he loves being picked up and cuddled now that he's gotten used to it.

See, so many stupid jokes you can do. General Hux is in your bed. General Hux spends more time with me than you do. rofl
IMG_20230726_121518_edit_879175283618526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom