Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who Do You Write Like?

ohh! I've never seen this kind of thing before.

Anne Rice x 4
Stephen King x 3
Cory Doctorow x 3
Ursula K. Le Guin
David Foster Wallace
Dan Brown

James Joyce, Margaret Atwood, H.P Lovecraft.

Not sure these are the authors I'd use to market myself but that's life.

Cory Doctorow 3/5, Stephen King 1/5, H.P. Lovecraft 1/5
I don't even know who Doctorow IS?
Wild!

Flattered but I definitely don't think I write like Charles Dickens. His writing is way better than anything I have done in my opinion.

Anne Rice, off of one sample.

David Foster Wallace, off another.

Chuck Palahniuk, off another still.

... honestly, this is about what I expected, and I'm pleased with the results.

Dan Brown on a starter I just did

Edgar Allen Poe, sample off a Sci-Fi story I'm writing.

L. Frank Baum off the last sample.

Honestly, I never like my own writing so personally don't know how to feel about any of it.

Just threw in a starter I compiled in the last couple of days - this time I write like Gertrude Stein.

Put a few posts from one of my older roleplays that I really enjoyed and got William Gibson, with surprising consistency at that. On one hand, I like what he writes about. On the other, I don't particularly like how he writes it. I guess I'll settle on taking it as a compliment, but also reaffirmation to keep improving. Neat tool though!

I write like myself... Not that I am any good at it, but I enjoy the written word... With so many words, there are so many ways an artist can paint the picture with them...

Not read any of Harry Harrison's work, but it makes sense based on what the site says. My biggest inspiration for writing when I started was (unsurprisingly) Michael Crichton, but I also read other authors like HG Wells, CS Lewis, and JRR Tolkien.

Just seen this thread and gave it a go on three different plays I have

1) Neil Gaiman
2) Anne Rice
3) Kurt Vonnegut

Huh, it seems as if my style's similar to Anne Rice or Stephenie Meyer.

I am not sure whether that's a good thing at all. It probably isn't.

James Joyce, David Foster Wallace and Chuck Palahniuk.

I can't say I've read Wallace, but I'm definitely good with the other two!

im-curious-i-wonder.gif

When you paste a snippet of your writing onto "I Write Like", who do you find you write as? Are the results surprising or flattering?​

A middle aged white woman from the Victorian period that had a disdain for the mundane and for the main anti-hero male character in the novel that likes to describe every detail their senses have come into contact with for an entire chapter. 💅🏻

I've supplied 11 posts. Seven are rated as Ann Rice, three as George Orwell, and one as Isaac Asimov. No comment :)

anne rice (a darker, non-smut post), kurt vonnegut (a lighthearted starter), and dan brown (a thriller/action-filled scene). that's pretty cool with me i think?

Back
Top Bottom