Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

From one world to another, Her Dark Knight (Raven & Shadow)

A soft sigh, echoed out among the empty store, books cluttered around. Dust seemed to gather upon this place, as no one every visited this place. The Dark Hollows a books store for all manner of books not normally kept on the shelves. The store was hidden away in a ally behind a large super store. Only a sign outside showed that it was even still existent. This didn't matter to the owner though. It gave him the ability to read his collections.

The owner of the store was a young man by the name Edward D. Collen. He was a extremely odd fellow, his eyes held a soft calm about them, that many people called mesmerizing. Yet his voice was rather cold and hollow, that completely off set his eyes. Even when he was trying to seem happy, he failed to change his voice much. It usually scared his customers off, to his displeasure. Yet, over time he found many interesting things that he didn't realize. A single book that he found special, the Tome, was it's name.

It was written in many long forgotten languages, that he could not find. The only thing he could ever read though was of interest. A incantations of sorts, it turned his mirror into a two way communication to somewhere. Yet where was rather interesting, on one end he saw himself, yet different. His hair style, his eyes, yet he felt deeply connected with the him on the other side, and yet when the other side spoke he was not surprised. The two began to speak often with one another, and they devised a plan of sorts. Yet this plan needed something of legends.

'One who exists yet never was, One who is here but not there, A child of one world, yet not in the other.' The legend of a person who exists in the world of mirror, that doesn't exist in the other side. A person who gives the feeling when they come within range of the Tome, who can read it's content without problem, in a world the language never was. There was one slight problem they found, nether of them knew who it was. The Mirror of Edward could only answer this with, 'the book will attract the one who does not exist in my world, and when the time comes I expect you to give them the book.' This sparked a slight argument between them, for to them it was a insulting the other. Yet as it stood nether of them knew so all that could be done was wait.

There connection to one another grew less and less, until they stopped speaking, agreeing only to contact the other if something was found. For that reason the young Edward spent his days reading the books of his shop learning all he could of the strange and odd, waiting for the one who didn't belong.

â??Come back here!!!!â? A gang of girls was chasing one small, loner girl. The girls yelled insults, and threats, while the one running just kept doing just thatâ?¦running. The girl was no body special in her own mind; in fact she seemed rather unlucky at the moment. She was perhaps smarter then most of the girls chasing after her, and maybe she was better looking then a few, but more importantly at the moment, she was faster.

What go her in into this perhaps bad situation, you might ask. The poor girl was not good at keeping secrets. Especially when she is best friends with the boy friend to the leader of the pack of girls who were after her. Shame on her for letting her friend know that he was being two timed. What was done, was done, now all she needed to do was evade the girls some how. Luck would perhaps change as she ducked down the alley with the odd bookstore. â??Donâ??t let her get away!!â? The lead girl yelled stopping at the entrance of the alley, she pointed onward and the few that were loyal followers indeed followed after their target.

As the girl followed the alley, her hand found a rusted door knob, and without even having to push or struggle with it the door opened, causing her to go off balanced and fall inside the strange little book store. No sooner had it opened it had closed behind her, and thankfully the angry mob of girls went on in their search.

There she lay on her back with her eyes closed, trying hard to catch her breath from the long chase. Her chest heaving with each breath. Slowly after a few minutes she propped herself up on her elbows, looking around at all the books that layâ?¦everywhere. â??Strange book storeâ?¦.â? She guessed by the set up. â??Donâ??t books belong on shelves?â? She did not see anyone around; the question was really for herself. Once on her feet she took a better look at a few of the books, her hands running over the different titles. â??Strange books, in a stare book storeâ?¦fittingâ? she chuckled. She tossed back her blonde braids and went on to more findings.

"That is entirely up to your definition of strange, m'dear." The cold voice of Edward called out into the empty book store. It was true the books were scattered about, but there was always a path. He was indeed surprised that someone was within the shop. But as it sounded from how she came in, it was not her intent. Not as it mattered to him, if she bought something or not. It wasn't till he could hear a rustle from behind him did this meeting become interesting. Behind him was a lone bookshelf that contained the most priceless books in his collection.

It was shaking ever so slightly, as if something was trying to break out. Edward glared at it with a calm impassive stare, in which one could not tell what he was thinking. Edward began to wonder if this was what his mirror self meant about a feeling. The book seemed to respond to the girl entrance in the shop. "The tome calls to it's mistress or so it seems." Edward thought aloud without really realizing it. A sigh echoed from his counter. "It doesn't seem you will be leaving any time soon, so why not sit down and read a book. I think I have a book whom would like to meet you." Edward spoke, in his usual tone, yet what he said did seem odd. He moved to the bookshelf behind him and stanched the tome.

In his hands it shook like mad, it seemed it only stayed rather still because it was trapped between books. Annoyed with the book he tossed it over the tower of books, in the direction of the door. The tome landed on the ground shaking and bouncing like mad, as it was closer to her. "It's your book, my dear girl, The Tome by name. Don't be afraid of it, it's merely calling for it's mistress." Edward said in a rather musing tone, he no longer needed the tome. He mesmerized the only incantation he could read. Clasping a small hand mirror he spoke the words, in a language that was not of this world. The mirror blinked black then the face of a masked figure appeared.

"Shes here, and soon to be there." He spoke with a grin, and his mirror self did the same. All that was needed was for her to read it.

Vanity jumped slightly the cold voice startling her. â??Itâ??s not nice to scare someone like thatâ?¦â? Her hand came down from her chest, looking back in his direction. â??And I guess I would not have called this place strange if I did not find it soâ? her voice had a rich sarcastic tone. He turned his attention away from her, and she continued to glance around at more titles. â??Not one book do I recognizeâ?¦.and thatâ??s odd. I read quite a lot in my spear time.â? She ignored his babbling about, whatever it was that he was babbling about, except for the part about having a seat. Vanity sat and opened up a book that was parked in front of her.

Sadly she did not understand any of the words written within it, just another strange book, with a half interesting title. She sighed and the turned to the owner just in time to see a book fly over at her, or more towards the doorâ?¦either way she made a yip sound and ducked, until she heard it hit the floor. Her eyes shifted till she found the book, which was now bouncing around like mad. â??My book?...itâ??s in your store, I think that makes it your book.â? She pulled her feet up as it came closer. â??Whatâ??s wrong with it?â? Of course she had never seen a book do any tricks like this one was doing. It really did seem like it wanted her.

She sat there on the chair for a few more moments. â??Its mistressâ?¦â? she reached down and tried to grab for it, but it was useless. â??Well if you would just Stay stillâ?¦.â? Before she could finish her sentence the book froze. â??Ohhhâ?¦well, ok thenâ? Vanity wrapped her slender fingers around the edge of the book and pulled it up into her lap. â??The Tomeâ?¦huh?â? Her fingers traced over the design on the cover slowly. Finally she opened to the first page, and though the words seemed foreign, she somehow understood it all. Out loud she began to read the strange wordsâ?¦ones the store owner never understood.

He could not help but laugh at her comments. It was amusing to him, she didn't know her fate was in this book store. "You don't recognize them because there is only one copy of each book. This is The Dark Hollows book store, the only place you can find books that no one has seem before. You see each one of these books is destined for someone, each with there own master or mistress, and that book in it's own is yours. What each book does for it's owner is entirely depending on the book it's self." Edward spoke in his usual cold tone, yet he was indeed rather informational and insightful of these things. This was entirely because he had already found his own book, by the name of 'Fate'. He was only five when he found it, it was within his grandparents attic. He found it strange yet as he read on he began to understand it all. His book was the thread of fate for many people who's book was never found.

Edward climbed up onto the desk and peered over the the tower of books, resting his head on the books. He couldn't help but grin wide, as he looked at the girl reading. "Farewell, She who exists in one but not the other. Tell him Fate has sent you, and he shall know you." Edward spoke in a rather condescending tone, as a symbol formed beneath the girl. Edward waved as a green light surrounded her, flowing in a spiral all around her. It was shortly after the ground opened up beneath her. Falling, falling, falling, that was all that she could feel, yet how long she would fall was unknown. Sitting upon a tree stump as a masked man, the same from the mirror.

The Mirror person of Edward, Inaru D. Dallfrin. In appearance he was built much the same as his mirror self. Yet as for dress, he wore a over sized wizards cloak. Yet it was a cloak in this day and age that said one of two things. Either he was a wizard of some kind who was not well liked, or he was a dark wizard. By the mask on his face it lead many more to believe that he was just that, a dark wizard. For a dark wizards eyes were changed from there original color to a deep black, pupil less eyes.

Yet as the Mirror of Inaru knew, this was not the case for this man. Yet that is something for another time. Inaru sat quietly awaiting his key to the puzzle he sought to complete.

Weather or not she realized it the world around her was shifting to one that was very different from her own. Vanity sat on the chair reading the words on the page, her fingers following along. Not much was changing about her during the shifting, the only real difference, was that her eyes were no longer the icy blue they once were, they were now golden, bright , and slightly glowing. As she materialized in front of the dark wizard she would start to slow in her reading, her eyes glancing up and finding that she was no longer in the strange book store.

When she stopped reading, she closed the book, and pulled it up against her chest. Vanity could not make out much through the darkness, her eyes had yet to adjust, or really they never would adjust. What was in the dark would stay in the dark, until light would shine. â??Helloâ?¦.â? Had the strange man turned off the lights in the bookstore? A cruel joke to play on a customer she thought.

Standing up, she put her free hand out in front of her to help her from tripping over anything or perhaps bumping into anything. â??I canâ??t seeâ?¦turn on a light or something?â? the floor felt like stone now, rather then the wooden floor she remembered before. Then her foot hit the chair the dark wizard was sitting in, and instead of falling back, she fell forward into his lap. The book of course fell onto the ground, and Vanity stumbled with her clothes as she was trying to pull her skirt back down. â??Excuse meâ?¦â? She touched her hands against his chest, showing just how clumsy she really was.

All was silent within the darken woods, not a single thing stirred. Yet out of no where a foul sound could be heard. The sound of slithering with out the crushing of brush, or anything upon the ground. Eight golden eyes appeared in the distance. A foul creature appeared in the direct area of the wizard, yet he paid it no heed. In the creatures foul jaws, was the neck of a deer fawn, clearly by far more then the creature could eat. Yet that was if this creature was a normal thing.

Yet it was nothing of the sort, it slithered upon the air, with no heed of the ground. It's body as black as midnight, save for two glowing orange stripes going along the sides of it's body, which ended at a light at the end of it's tail. The creature's mouth widened and it swallowed the fawn completely with little effort. "Do you really believe in this, 'Fate' of yours? I mean if this person existed he would of already found it. I don't agree with waiting on some person who might be useless to us." The creature spoke in a deep, and ominous tone. Yet even this did not faze the wizard or stir him for his seat, for quite some time. "Albaru if you are done hunting then do take a more pleasing form, we don't want to scare away are guest, when they arrive.... Do not forget Fate is me in the other world, so if you trust me, then trust him." Inaru spoke in the very same cold tone as Edward, there were absolutely no differences in there voices.

Yet that was of little surprise, being they were mirror beings. Yet that didn't stop Albaru's distrust for the man, after all he didn't have a mirror being. Albaru, bit it's tail, and began devouring it's self, before becoming a black glop. For a short time it remained motionless. Before taking form as a rabbit, with razor sharp teeth, just as it's original body had. The major part of the fur was midnight black, where as it's eyes and under fur was bright orange. The little rabbit seemed clearly displeased yet it didn't comment upon it, rather he just climbed up onto his shoulder.

This form took way less energy to maintain so he couldn't complain to much, though he hated it. Only a few moments later, the green mist that encircled the young Vanity, in Edwards world began to form in there world. Before becoming a spiral in front of the two's faces. Albaru was clearly astonished, yet Inaru didn't even blink a eyes. The two remained silent through out the entire events after, the mist vanished. Inaru did find he actions immensely amusing, not to mention her attire. Was this what the women of Fates world wore?

If so he would he all the reason to be angry with him, yet here in this day and age. She would be a harlot, among other things, it wouldn't be hard to cover for it. Especially in this country, though it might cause the young girl distress. Before he spoke he raised his hand in the direction of the book. A dark ball formed around it and then dissipated, why he did this was unknown. Perhaps because of the power of the book it's self. "I see, Fate must of sent you to me. Well then welcome, to the world of Elmera." Inaru spoke in what he tried as a more cheerful voice.

He raised his hand and a ball of fire formed lighting the area around the. He felt the urge he could not resist, at her falling by this point. "Odd for the one who exists yet in Fates world but not here, to plop down as if she is about to receive a spanking...." Inaru spoke in a rather sarcastic tone, mixed into his usual cold voice. He wondered what her response to it all might be, only time would tell.

Vanity was rather out of it at the moment; everything seemed to be a big blur. Yet she did hear his sarcastic comment, and realized how bad the scene looked. Quickly she rolled off hiss lap, stumbling to the ground with a thud. Her school uniform skirt hiked up against her upper thighs. In any other case she would have noticed and made herself presentable, but her attention was on the ball of fire that lit up the surrounding area, and the wizard himself. â??A spankingâ?¦thatâ??s a rather odd thing to say. I fell, end of story.â? She glanced over at the strange rabbit on his shoulder, then back at the wizard.

Her hands moved around her, but she could not find the book. Thats right he had taken it away, but why...it was hers or at least she thought it was. â??Look I was in a bookstore, and now Iâ??m hereâ?¦Please tell me how to get backâ?¦.â? She had not been in Elmera but a few moments, and she was already wanting to go home, was it surprising? â??Part of Vanity thought that she had bumped her head too hard when she fell into the book store, yet the smells of the forest were strong and seeming very real. She might have seemed calm, but she was starting to freak out.

Slowly, she picked herself up of the ground. Thanks to the light of his fire ball she was able to see, but any farther was nothing but pitch black to her. â??Please explain whatâ??s going onâ?¦who are you, and what is this place Elmera?" Vanity put her hands down at her sides,she kept them in balled up fists in case she had to swing in deffense. "And .....I would like my book back, now. Taking things that are not yours is a good way of starting trouble" after the words came flying out, she was pretty she she was going to regret them.

Inaru remained silent though out it all. He wanted to see her reaction to it all. She was rather calm, that was good. Albaru shuffled on Inaru's shoulder he didn't like this at all. If he didn't trust Fate, he trusted this girl. He was in disbelief, there was someone who could use that book, the Gods book, The Tome. It was difficult for one such as him to believe. Inaru, seemed to be unaffected by it all.

Letting out a sigh, he shook his head slightly. "It isn't a odd thing to say when a girl 'falls' into your lap in a rather covenant position." Inaru spoke, making it seem as though it was all her fault he made the comment but that wouldn't matter. He did think about the book store she spoke of, only to come to the conclusion of it being Fates Library. "You speak of Fates Library, the man you met there was, Edward D. Collen, also known as Fate, he is keeper of the books of souls. Each book represents a person from the mirror world, and connects us to one another. As for going home, that I cannot do." Inaru spoke, he was lying to the girl, but that was no surprise. He needed her, and if she was in this world she would need him. Albaru began to grow annoyed with the entire situation. Why were they bothering to talk with this girl.

They should just grab her and go, and make her do what they wanted. But that never was Inaru's way of doing things was it? He manipulated people, Albaru knew he was being manipulated himself, yet he respected Inaru. Oddly enough he was loyal to him, one thing that was not common for him. "I will explain, but I cannot return that book to you, else you will attract much unwanted attention, and that is not something we can afford. That book, is the Tome, in your world. In our world it is called The Gods Book, it is the only book, who belongs to someone who doesn't exist in this world. That must be confusing, each person here is in essence a book in your world. Yet some time ago, the Gods here killed a person, but there mirror self, you, remained alive. This was done by the gods of both worlds, in order to seal protectors away. The gods of this day are shells of the gods of the old days. They tricked and weakened each of the former god, and sealed them away taking there place. You are the key to these seals, save one. Albaru here was one of the gods, I have already released him, but since then they sealed off the others that now requires the person to be in front of the seal to release them." Inaru said, he made no notion weather he spoke the truth or not. Only time would tell he he was lying to her or not. Albaru knew the answer full well, but he remained quiet.

He was amused at how quickly Inaru came up with a lie. He always was good at that, and one of his better quality's. "Any other questions? Also if you intend to strike me, be fair warned your physical strength may improved some coming to this world, but I still have the power of magic, and my own physical strength so do relax.

He had said a mouth full, and Vanity tried to keep up, but failed to really understand. She was not use to talk about multiple gods, in her heart there had only been one, there would only ever be one. Christian faith was strong with her, so it was going to take him breaking that down for her to do much good.

Vanity shook her head. â??Wellâ?¦umm you should really try taking a breath, do you always talk so fast?â? Her hands losses up from there fists â??I will defend myself if I have to, I donâ??t trust youâ?¦.you are lying to my face I know it.â? How could she trust such a strange man to give her any truth? â??As for not letting me leave, I will find a wayâ?¦with or without your help. It seems, from what I got from your storyâ?¦you need me. If you need me, be prepared to offer me something in return.â? She owed this man no favor, at the moment he not much then a perverted lunatic in her eyes.

She turned around trying to see through the pitch black that surrounded her, by now her eyes should have adjusted to the dark. â??Why canâ??t I see farther then the lighted area?â? it was more of a question to herself, but if he was willing to give her an answer, then great.
Turning around to face Inaru again, her eyes shifted between him and the rabbit on his shoulder. Strange form for a god to take, even in stories gods picked forms that were much more respectable then a rabbit, it was just odd. Yeah it was not to be trusted either.

All this had happened because of that stupid girl, had they not chased her, she would have never fell into that strange book store. That Fate guy, as they called him was going to get an earful once she got back home. She thought about reporting his business to the better business bureau, surely that would be a way of getting back at him for this whole mess.

"Speak with more respect to him, for insulting him is also insulting me." Albaru spoke bearing, the nearly countless black razor sharp teeth. He was not pleased with the girl, and he knew that anyone would be annoyed by this point. Yet to no surprise Inaru showed no difference, he only sighed. "What can I offer you..? I can offer two things, one being a way home-" Inaru said before cutting himself off, flicking his wrist in her direction. The fire ball shot off and crashed into something, that was lit ablaze. It was a huge plant with many tentacles, and razor sharp teeth in the flower. The place was now well lit, creatures of all sorts ran to avoid the light.

They seemed to hate it more then anything. The trees them selves were of black wood, and were quiet alive. "I can also offer your life. This is the forest of Izlman, The Forest of Ever Darkness, a place you wouldn't want me to leave you. As for how I fast I talk, I think, it is quite clear why I do so in such a place." Inaru spoke standing up and creating another fire ball that floated above his head. He watched the girl for a moment, before turning. "If you want to live, and learn more about this world, as well as find a way home. Do follow me, if not well, stay in the dark, I high doubt you will last three seconds." He was sure she was following him, no one was willing to die in the dark. Inaru, and other wizards of darker traits were the only ones who walked in this forest. The wizards who prized good things often found themselves meals.

Vanity watched the fireball fly past her, and when he turned she was shocked to see so many creatures scatter. The plant that burned, reminded her of something out of a horror movie. Vanity backed up. â??I choose lifeâ?¦â? She knew however that even if she did dare the darkness he would do somethingâ?¦he needed her, he had said that much already. However she was not that brave and followed close behind him. â??Of all places to bring meâ?¦â? The comment was mumbled under her breath.

â??So where are we going? I assume out of this placeâ? She could beat him to the next sarcastic answer. â??What I mean isâ?¦.Oh, never mindâ? she rolled her eyes and just cut the twenty questions. In time the answers would come to her on their own, she could avoid his lies, with the obvious truth as it was shown to her.

Vanity walked, and watched the ground. She did not want to trip over anything, falling into his lap had been bad enough. Vanity was not into making more of a fool out of herself right now.

"The book didn't bring you here, you brought yourself so you have no one to blame but yourself. Where we are now is the former home of the Temple of time. The place all people from your world comes to when they enter the world. You came after the the gods destroyed the temple to ensure you would not be able to come. They lacked the foresight, that someone would learn of your presence in that world and wait for you...." Inaru spoke in the cold voice she would soon grow used to, as for Albaru he was seemingly on the look out. There were things that dared enter light with a long arm or something as such. Inaru was on edge as well, they weren't even that far from the forests edge and he was not about to take it easy, that was how they got most wizards. "Yes we are, I am not about to stay another minute in this forest, and you cannot survive in this forest. Speaking of which..." Inaru spoke, slowing his pace a bit, and reaching back. He clasped Vanitys hand and pulled her close to his side. At the very next moment he placed his hand on her shoulder. He was clearly not about to allow anything to happen to her.

He was the key to the seals after all. "I have spent far to long in this wretched forest, the sun will be a pleasant sight, after the last five years." Inaru spoke truthfully, he had spent the last five years in the forest. He was waiting for her after all, and he kept his sanity merely through his talks with Albaru... Well what ever sanity that he ever had. The girl seemed rather embarrassed, no doubt because of her falling into his lap. " Alright there is a few things that I need to explain. In this world there are four major orders, The Holy Knights of Salvrin, The Dark Riders of Malvrin, The Mercenary guild of Talvin, and the Order of Seven suns. Each one is sanctioned in the four major kingdoms. The Holy knights will be the ones we will need to worry about the most at the moment. They are in direct connection to the gods of sorts. The Mercenary Guild might be a problem if someone puts a hit, or the holy knights offer a bounty on us. Though they don't like to get involved with the Guild since they are knights of the light, bah. The Order of Seven suns may want the book, though they can never read it they will want you to read it, or just kill you, but they have no idea. The Dark riders won't bother us, they don't really care what I do, or you. If your a thorn in the Holy knights side, there allies to us. So be on you toes, we can't let any of them get ahold of you, else your life shall surely end or you will be imprisoned by the gods. We will need to think of a reason were together to keep peoples attention away from us." Inaru said, he was quite calm. The edge was not in sight yet, but never the less he knew his way.

Vanity found herself pulled close, not that she minded right now. The forest was all too creepy, and he was a lot friendlier then any of the monsters surrounds the area. He spoke of the orders and it really just confused her more. It would take seeing these different groups for her to grasp her situation. In the end she knew that she was in danger, perhaps differently depending on the group, but danger all the same.

â??A reason that we are together? There is no reason, other then me reading the book, and then ending up here because of it.â? If he had something in mind, he had better say it, but he should be prepared to have her decline his idea. â??You know you are hurting my wristâ?¦â? she pulled at his grip, not fighting but trying to get him to loosen up a bit. She really did not pay attention to where they were walking; it would not have done any good. â??So what happens when we get out of this forest? You have a place in mind I hope?â? Her stomach growled, it had been hours since she had last eaten.

Back
Top Bottom