Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dream Occupation???

Dawnsinger

Doormat
Just curious to see what everyone's dream occupation is and if they have achieved said occupation yet?

I've personally always wanted to be an actor both theatrical and film buuuuuuuttttttt after college, life hits hard and I landed the next best thing, a dog groomer. Lol. I love it and live for it. Has it's ups and downs, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Writer. Artist. Actor.

I’ve always been quite attracted to the “arts” in general. I can’t carry a tune if it had a handle, so singer was never really an option but I have done something from each of these categories……in some capacity. Though none of them have really taken off as it were, not in a way that would make me steady money from it.

I turned out to be a florist and floral designer. I'm surrounded by plants and basically make arts and crafts all day. Its not a bad gig.

I wanted to be an epidemiologist for USAMRIID, specializing in hot agents and bioterrorism agents.

Obviously, that did not come to pass.

Librarian. If I could work around books all my life I'd be soooo happy.

I've pretty well always known I wanted to do nonprofit work, and work that would pay me to travel (cause I grew up poor - benefited from nonprofits, and couldn't afford travelling/vacations)

Accomplished both goals. Pre-Covid I was everywhere all the time time.

It was dope, and it will be dope again. <3

History professor. Half because it's something I legitimately love, and half just to spite my dad. Won't get into the latter part.

Lottery jackpot winner.

Invest the majority of it in a high volume of low risk blue chip securities, then just pay the taxes and live off the profit.

This way I'm free to do research, write novels, and enjoy my life without having to work for someone else.

To be a professional football (soccer) player. Was quite good when I was younger, never would have made it at any of the top clubs but could have had a decent career.

Damn cruciate ligament injury soon put an end to those dreams 😩

History professor. Half because it's something I legitimately love, and half just to spite my dad. Won't get into the latter part.
Hell yeah lemme teach History of the Hellenistic Period: From the Wars of the Diadochi to the Fall of Cleopatra or Byzantium post-480 (cause Julius Nepos was the true last Roman Emperor of the West).

Dream job when I was little was to be a teacher. I now work in tech, lol, which is way better (from a monetary aspect). My new dream is to get my PhD, which I'm taking steps toward.

Working on Walt Disney movies, lol. My dream was to see my name in the end credits some day. Never happened. XD

I grew up wanting to be a Veterinarian. Almost got my Bachelor’s in science to apply to medical school but real life hit me with large hurdles and Vet school is the most competitive type of schools out there and it just wasn’t realistic. I’m grateful I’m no longer in the field. I don’t really have a dream job anymore sadly. Anything that’ll make me money and the stress level to be average where I can forget about it when I get home will suffice.

I work in the film industry. My dream job would to be a movie producer so I could make my own films. That's not going to happen until I win the lottery. :(

i'm too invested in my chosen profession to consider a swap - but in a hypothetical do-over i would seriously consider software engineer. most of 'em i know are hybrid if not fully remote, interact with teammates mostly by slack with only a few zoom meetings here & there, and spend most of their time problem-solving via coding. i could interact with people less XD

As a kid I always wanted to be a paleontologist, but nowadays, I don't know what I want to be. However, if I could drop my job tomorrow and work taking care of animals, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Wanted to become a teacher, to give my students the kind of support, counseling and validation I never received frol the system growing up.

Unfortunately the pay is shit, and there seem to be more and more parents who can't admit their little angels are the Antichrist in disguise.

Back
Top Bottom