Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx F or NB Syntax & Seduction ~ 1x1 Long-term Romance

Selden

Moon

With the holiday rush safely behind us, I've gotten the itch to dive back into a good long-term RP or two. Feel free to shoot me a PM if any of this interests you, or if you have any questions. I'm always open to suggestions / modifications of my plots and ideas, or to wholly original ones, if you've got an idea that you think I'd be a good fit for.

I am...
  • A reasonably experienced and literate roleplayer of around ten years.​
  • Verbose. Especially at the start, or when properly inspired. My paragraphs tend to multiply when left unattended.​
  • Most comfortable RPing over PMs or Discord, but fairly willing to make exceptions.​
  • Not afraid of ghosts. Life happens, I get it, and sometimes the magic just isn't there in an RP. I try to give people a heads up when that's the case for me, and generally appreciate when others do the same, but I won't count it against you if not.​
  • Fond of third person perspective for roleplays, but have been known to dabble in first-person as well.​
  • A certified bibliophile. I've worked in bookstores and libraries for the majority of my professional life, and it's certainly not because of the paycheck.​
  • A teensy bit jealous of all the beautifully formatted and designed request threads y'all post to here.​

Looking for...
  • Romance! No matter what kind of character I'm playing, I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, and any story I'm involved in will largely focus around the romance between our characters. However, the form it takes can be incredibly varied. Two strong-willed, I-hate-you-but-want-you types verbally sparring and flirting? Yes please! A sweet and slow-burn slice-of-life story of two kindred spirits slowly growing closer? Absolutely.​
  • Story over sex. I used to try and put some kind of ratio of plot to smut here, but in my experience, it can really vary. If the writing is good, and our characters have chemistry, things tend not to stay chaste for long, but I prefer when it happens organically, and in service of the story, rather than the other way around.​
  • Original characters and settings. I'm happy to make the occasional exception to this rule, and there's nothing wrong with taking inspiration from another source, but I definitely get more invested in plots with original characters. HOWEVER, I'm a big believer in taking inspiration from things, and a lot of my plots and cravings tend to be based on what I've been reading lately.​
  • Long-term, semi-regular. I tend to check roleplays I'm involved in at least once a day, with more frequent / continuous posts when my partner and I have compatible schedules, or happen to be on at the same time.​
  • Character driven stories. Don't get me wrong, I love a good plot as much as the next guy, but good character writing and arcs are the quickest way to my heart.​
  • Your feedback! The nature of some of this stuff can be pretty personal, and the last thing I want is to make someone uncomfortable. If you ever have any questions or concerns, I try to keep an open ear, so just let me know.​

Plots, pairings, and prompts
A few loose ideas I've had in mind lately. Feel free to make suggestions / alternations. I have a few more idea I may post later, but this gives a general idea of the kinds of stories I'm looking for right now.
  • Glimpses of the Moon: Inspired by the Edith Wharton novel of the same name, with a Victorian or light fantasy setting, though I'd be open to alternate suggestions. Our characters are two of the poorer members of a rather wealthy ground of friends, and together, they hatch a plan to get married, and live off of the wedding gifts their wealthy friends provide, taking an extended and extravagant 'honeymoon,' staying at the various villas and houses offered to them, and playing up their romance to prompt further offers. They agree to stay together only until they find better, and more wealthy, matches, but of course, things don't go as planned, as their feelings for each other begin to turn genuine, but neither wants to break the irreverent spirit in which they made the agreement. Lots of room for fun dynamics here, including a love triangle or two should either of them happen to find a more 'ideal' partner before they can admit their own feelings. Bonus points if you've read the book that inspired this plot, the set-up is the same, but I'd like to use that as a jumping off point.​
  • Stranded and Syntax: There's a couple ways this could start, but the general idea is that our characters are the only two survivors after some sort of crash or shipwreck, and end up stranded on a deserted island, with no way home, and no way to call for help. Things go from bad to worse, when they realize that neither speaks the other's language, and they'll have to learn how to communicate on top of working together to survive, and hopefully find a way home. Lots of alternate ideas for this one, including a more sci-fi setting, same premise, but with our characters crash landing on a deserted planet rather than an island.​
  • Venus in Furs: Another one based off a recent reread of one of my favorite plays. My character, an up-and-coming director, is having trouble finding a lead actress for his play, an intense two-person script on the nature of dominance and power dynamics. Just when he's given up hope after a long day of less-than-promising auditions, your character walks in unannounced, after everyone else has left, and refuses to leave until he's given her a shot at the role. It's uncanny how much she reminds him of the actual character, both on and off the stage, and he's thrilled to be working with someone who embodies his vision so completely. But how does she know the character so well, when no one has even read the script yet? And even more unsettling, the character herself seems to be changing, and seems to have have some strong feelings about how she is portrayed. Lots of different ways this could go, but the constantly shifting power dynamic is a big draw of this one for me.​
  • We've Got Mail: Our characters have been married / together for a long time, but a lack of communication has slowly driven them apart. both of them have been hiding a secret, kinkier side of themselves from the other, convinced that the other is as tame as they each pretend to be. Desperate for an outlet, they each begin an anonymous, online affair, each finding an instant, and intense connection. What they don't realize, is that in a freak stroke of luck, they've found each other. As things grow more and more intense, each of them struggle with being torn between different version of the same lover.
    Definitely one that can end up on the steamier side, but if it strikes your fancy, it seems like it could be a fun way to explore different kinks.​
  • More to come!​
NS.jpg
+10 points to the house of your choice if you get this reference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom