Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fx Any Creative Worldbuilder Wanted to Build Cyberpunk City With

CasualVelociraptor

Ravenclaw
Supporter
Full disclosure: I am a bicurious cis man man who generally plays as cis women across from any kind of partner (including nonbinary). I don't have an F-list or anything like that ready to go to put in this RP, apart from not wanting obvious shit like…well, shit, gore, piss, underage, etc. I'm flexible on most things; just ask if you’re unsure! And if you want to know more about my writing style, past RPs, worldbuilding style and etc., then my journal thread, the Book of Dreams awaits you.

The kind of city I would like to build is a futuristic city settled on an Arctic iceberg in the North Atlantic called an IceBurgh that has been settled by the teeming masses of stateless refugees sometime in the 2050s in an attempt to keep it from melting and destroying what little of the world's existing coastlines haven't been flooded or are cowering behind sea walls at this point in time. This will be ripe for cyberpunk style storytelling: evil corporations, brutal police, vicious gangs, parted up (upgraded) cyberpsychos, and so much are all on the menu.

Combines my interest in the following stories (mainly video games, as that's been my exposure to a large part of dystopian/post apocalyptic/cyberpunk fiction lately; I've bolded the ones I like the most, and the list is overall mainly there to pique interest if someone likes these too, but not a requirement to borrow from at all. I did attempt an RP like this earlier on that unfortunately ended for various reasons, but we don't have to hew to that too closely either).
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Blade Runner
  • Brink
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Ghost in the Shell (been a while, though)
  • Metro (books and video games)
  • Mirror's Edge/Catalyst
  • Ready Player One
  • Snowpiercer (mainly the TV show, though obviously I love the movie too)
The main thing I'll be keeping around from the past attempt, the person you will be playing against whether you're male, female, or nonbinary, is a poor, homeless Irish refugee who spent her last savings on a cybernetic left arm after getting it hacked off and sold against her will. Her name is Shiloh Mayer, and she will become the greatest underground illegal information courier in the whole criminal underworld of the Bummock (below the surface area of the IceBurgh), and perhaps the glamorous rooftops as well.

Despite what the title might mean, you don’t have to actually have designed a world to be my partner. All I need is someone literate, who can write coherently the best they can in third-person English (first language does not matter, and I’m not going to nitpick every little grammatical error), and who can contribute ideas of their own to this world instead of just characters (like I normally have for Emada steampunk stories; see the Book of Dreams for examples). I also don’t ascribe to minimum post lengths in paragraphs, as I will leave that up to you.

dbe6728715ed9159758f098cc8e41fd7.jpg

If any of this intrigues you, PM me and we can talk more!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom