Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx Female Favorite Kind of Sin (Industrial fantasy, organized crime, 1920s aesthetics)

Morathor

Supernova

In a world full of magic and magical beings, where the industrial revolution centered around bringing mass produced arcane devices to the masses, we focus our attention on one city, a crumbling metropolis in the grasp of organized crime. Sitting in the heart of mostly rural area, Stellarosa got its start as a mining town. And when the mines' major product, quartz, became a valuable component of magical devices, the city expanded into a booming factory town. A glamorous entertainment district arose to cater to tired workers and a growing population of socialites.

Then, almost overnight, it all collapsed. The mines ran dry, and anyway quartz was falling out of favor in manufacturing. Investors fled, factories shut down, and work was scarce. But even that wasn't the worst of it for Stellarosa. The real nail in the coffin came with the war.

It was a large, international affair, about topics that few in Stellarosa could even follow, but it meant that their country was fighting a battle on multiple fronts. The military command decided that if they spread their forces too thin, they would lose everything. Stellarosa and its surrounding area were deemed an acceptable sacrifice. Troops made a half-hearted attempt to evacuate the area as they withdrew, but quite a few people were left behind when the enemy occupied the city.

Salvation came, unexpectedly, from a cadre of vampires who had apparently been living in the abandoned mines for years--maybe decades. And while their presence might have explained some unsolved disappearances over the years, as long as they were devouring those who would threaten Stellarosa, they were heroes. When the war ended, the vampires settled in as the city's new rulers. Thirteen families, living in opulence in the mines, taking tithes from the citizens--in money, blood, or service.

That's been the status quo for decades. There are certainly those who remember what things were like before, people who are still grateful to the vampires for saving them or resentful of the mafia taking over. But for a lot of young people, this is just the way things are.

In this city, a talented young singer ends up working at a mob-owned venue. Maybe she was in debt, or maybe she was just tired of having to give blood every other month. Regardless, she spends her nights singing in a money-laundering front, where she catches the attention of a mobster. He's a vampire, but one of the younger and less influential ones; he may not be much older than she is. Still, he's got enough connections to get what he wants.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While there's a lot of room to discuss the finer details and the dynamics of our characters, I'm leaning towards something a little dark. I would prefer to start with the singer entering into this relationship feeling like she doesn't have a choice. We can discuss whether there's some genuine interest on her part, but even if there is, I feel like the coercive element would cast a shadow over things.

As for how things progress, there's plenty of different directions this could go. It could be that the singer gradually resigns herself to the situation, maybe tries to be the best of it, or maybe she develops more enthusiasm. Things could get romantic, as they get to know each other more; I'm not opposed to some tenderness, I think there's a lot of potential in the mobster sharing some vulnerable moments. It might more sexual, with her becoming corrupted or addicted to lust. Those aren't necessarily mutually exclusive either.

One final note--I put this in the male section because I have to put it somewhere, but I'm reasonably comfortable playing other genders and I wouldn't mind taking either of the roles I described in the scenario.

Interested? Let me know?

((For those who want more setting details, I've compiled an extended version of the setting idea, though a lot of the details are negotiable.))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom