Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dual Souls - Dual Destinies [Haruki//Falco]

Falco n Delr

Super-Earth
The wind whistled through the snow-laden trees, a sharp, screeching chill that threatened to suck the entire heat. A wolf snuggled into the trench it had dug itself in the snow, while rabbits retreated to their burrows and what few birds remained quickly hid within the trees. Admist this, a single trail of smoke snuck up from a house settled against the side of a cliff. The door was closed firmly against the cold, and inside, a young man was busying himself.

Ryuu soaked the piece of cloth in the bowl, wringing it out before placing it lightly upon the slumbering man's head. The blue-haired youngling had found him outside in the cold, laying inertly, as if he had been attacked. Though Ryuu could find nothing more than a bump on his head, it was still too cold outside for anything to survive for long exposed, and so he had brought him here.

Adjusting the blankets, the young man returned to the fireplace, stirring the pan that was set atop it, the warm smell of broth beginning to fill the place.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Twang!

Thunk.

The arrow lodged itself firmly in the tree below the target she had set up, the hazel-eyed woman frowning and rubbing her head a bit. She was getting better, at least, but she still really seemed to suck.

"I blame the lack of formal classes," she murmured, the golden highlights in her hair reflecting a bit of the sunlight as she brushed the rest of the thick chestnut color in her eyes behind her ears. The quiver was strung across her back, almost depleted of the arrows that were scattered around the ground. She hadn't bothered trying to camoflauge herself, being dressed in jeans and a green t-shirt - she was in the middle of the forest, and hopeful that no one would stumble upon her here.

Slinging the bow across her back, she began gathering the arrows, sticking them back in the quiver.

Matt was the man that Ryuu had found and taken into his cozy little home. It took him a few hours of time, but soon he came around. Slowly, Matt blinked his brown eyes open, turning his head slightly and looking over to see who had saved him. "Ohhh....." he groans....."where am I?"

Unlike Ryuu, Matt was dressed in the clothes of his era yet....and since he wasn't going out anywhere that day, he was in sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Socks cover his feet. It all probably looked odd to the young blue-haired one. Slowly he sits up and tries to get an idea of his surroundings. "....Mm, have I seen you before?" he asked Ryuu.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Someone with a rather keen sense of smell, however, DID sniff out the young woman . Camoflauge wouldn't have worked anyways. From out of the blue, a blur of silverish-white and red comes flying out from behind a tree. "GOT'CHA, demon!" the dog-eared, long-haired human-like male yelled out as he tackled her to the ground.

Ryuu turned at the man's groan, tilting his head a bit. The other's clothes had confused him, but Ryuu had seen all different kinds from all around the world, and just assumed that he was from far away. He shook his head a bit, moving over to remove the towel from off Matt's lap where it had fallen with the man had sat up.

"Don't think so," the boy replied, his voice a bit melodous in tone, though not feminine. "I found you outside in the snow - it's not a good thing out there. You would've died."

Ryuu returned his attention to the pan, stirring a bit before turning back around. "You're from far away, right?

"I'm Ryuu, and you're in the Icelands right now."

-------------

"What the hell!"

Courtney blinked up at the white-haired man on top of her, obvioulsy unamused.

"I'm not a demon," she replied a bit irritably, reaching up to tug lightly at one of the man's ears. "I'd say you're more of that line than me."

Grunting, she shifted her weight undernearth him, trying to wriggle out. The quiver and bow were digging into her, and it was painful as hell.

"Now, if you would please get OFF me, I'd be appreciative."

Matt blinked and looked down, watching as Ryuu took the damp towel off his lap. "Thank you, Ryuu." Hmm, Ryuu....surely he had heard the name before, and recalls the young male's appearance. That blue hair, the well-worn cape, the boots, tunic and anything else that clothed the boy's body. He just couldn't pin down WHERE he last seen this male's likeness.

Slowly he stood up and looked around the room of the home he was in. It wasn't a big house...it looked to be like Ryuu was the only one who dwelled within. Moving up to Ryuu and stepping beside him, Matt decided to just hug him...which he does so, and quite tightly.

"I'm not sure how I could repay you for what you're doing Ryuu. I just remember one moment, I'm sleeping in my bed in my home, and the next....I'm on the cold snowy ground."

"Oh and ...my name's Matt. It's good to meet you, Ryuu."

-------------

The usually brash dog-eared demon boy grinned down at Courtney. "Suprised to see me?"

"Sorry...." He raises himself off of her when she requests it, and plops down on the ground crosslegged, keeping his sword, the infamous Tetsuaiga (sp?) close by. Not that he was going to attack her, but he needed to be ready in case any demons were to attack.

"I'm probably needing no introduction. Though I wonder, how 'did' you get here? Through the same well Kagome went through?

Ryuu nodded idly, jumping as the man hugged him, nearly grabbing at a sword on the wall before he realized the gesture friendly. He smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry," he replied, patting Matt on the shoulder, allowing him to stay clinging, though Ryuu was a bit uncomfortable.

"The soup is almost ready." The young man wriggled out of Matt's grip, slipping over to the fire and tending to the food a bit more.

"Are you hungry?"

----------

"Would be nice - no idea who you are.

"Or who this 'Kagome' is."

Courtney popped her shoulder a bit, pulling off the bow with a grunt. She slung the quiver off as well, laying both against the tree, though she noted that the man still held his sword closely. What was going to attack them out here?

Another random man tackling her, maybe.

"Call me Courtney. You are...?"

Ryuu nodded idly, jumping as the man hugged him, nearly grabbing at a sword on the wall before he realized the gesture friendly. He smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.
Shaking his head, Matt hugged Ryuu a bit longer, until the shorter, younger-looking blue-haired male pulled away and slipped over back to the food he was making.

"Hungry.....?" he said aloud, but then in his mind, he added a bit more. "For you, yes, Ryuu, I'm hungry." He hoped the other male wasn't good at mind-reading.

Slowly he walked over, and again, hugged Ryuu. His arms are tight around the male's waist.

----------

He was thankful that the beads he had around his neck probably wouldn't work with Courtney. "I'm Inuyasha, and Kagome....well......she just annoys me." he said, shrugging his shoulders. "She only follows me around because she broke the Shikon Jewel."

"You best stay with me. Never can tell who or what will pop up here. Especially if that perverted monk comes around. Don't let him get a hand on you."

Back
Top Bottom