Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Kingdom of Arkaria {Nixie}

Elvenoff

Super-Earth
The Kingdom of Arkaria was very prosperous and generous kingdom. Being under the rulership of King Karidian many pheasants of other kingdoms migrated to his beloved lands in search for a loving King and and easier life. With the growing population, the king decided to expand his kingdom into the lawless lands so that he can accommodate for the increase. This action required him to select top warriors from his army and appoint them as Barons to help keep law and order and to protect the new lands from any danger. Once these men were selected they were sent out with scorns of troops and material to begin to build their baronies. After a few years, the lands were forming well and the population overcrowding was smoothing out and all was going well. Deciding to celebrate the good times, the King ordered that there will be a festival called and everyone was invited. The barons of the outer lands and there people were all invited for this was a kingdom festival.

The messenger stood before me waiting to see if I hand any messages to send back to the King. “Tell the King that I shall be there and I will inform the people of this grand festival.” The messenger nodded and saluted me before turning away and departing to his next destination. I slowly walked over to the balcony and looked out over my barony. My mind drifted to the images of the King's daughter whom has reached the age of rights. She was a fair maiden and one he would want to get to know better. He has heard many rumors of men seeing her training with the Knights and becoming quite skillful and he would want to see this. With a smile he returned to the study and began to write the message that he wanted to be posted in the town square.

A few days later the festival was on and it was a grand one indeed. I moved around the many booths and firepits of cooking meat, taking in all that there was to see, there was dancing, singing, bard telling stories and many fair maiden walking around adding atmosphere. Then I saw her, the Princess. She was very beautiful and well developed for her age. My mouth watered as I watched her move about the grounds greeting all with a smile. I slowly made my way toward her, for I wanted to say my due's to her.

“Greetings Mi'lady,” My voice soft and gentle. My ocean blue eyes looking down towards the ground, a few black strands of my hair falling into the sockets of my eyes. “I am Baron Eric Bosmere from Silvercrest.” I extend my hand to her...

The corners of full lips slid softly upwards into a gentle smile. My smiles I know are always warming and genuine, yet at the same time I give them distance. This is because I know that as the Princess I cannot be seen giving favour to anyone in particular. If I did, it could stain my family's name as well as my own. Even simple things such as smiles had to be well thought out and well-placed when so much depended on one's actions. Neither can I be seen not giving smiles to anyone in particular- it is an equal crime and probably worse. Besides this, I need everyone I can have on my side and a smile from royalty goes quite a distance with some people. I am grooming myself to be ready to take on the Kingdom in the event of my father's premature death. I have only my father left and I know that I could not allow the Kingdom to fall into a civil battleground where politicians would squabble for years about next in line to take the thrown while the country fell into chaos. Yet, I find it strange that they would rather do this than put the Kingdom in the hands of a woman. It is for this reason that I decided I must prove myself worthy of ruling Arkaria, even at this young age. I am training myself to be fair and just, to be somebody the soldiers respected, to love all my people and yet manage to be stern and make necessary priorities. So it is with difficulty that I accomplish this around my other, more mundane duties.

However, it was without reluctance that I attended the festivities. I enjoy the seeing other people smile, and I enjoy the dancing and the talking. I walk past another young couple, my dress dragging across the ground as I pull it with my graceful steps. I know that the material is designed to match and bring out the colour of my bright green eyes, but I asked for no lace or trimmings that I think would make me appear too girly to the soldiers and guards I am trying to befriend. Yet as I come across the next stranger, I wonder whether the cut of my dress is too boring and whether the shade really does make my eyes sparkle. He has a kind face I notice, and his hair is dark, but mine is darker. I know that mine is blacker than night like my motherâ??s was and it falls in waves and tousles, sometimes curly but not when I have been out in the wind like earlier today. My hair is long and falls to the small of my back. I have been wanting to cut it off but people would not like it I know, so for now I make do with leather circlet tied about my head to keep it from falling in my face. My smile widens a little as I remember the circlet Iâ??m wearing is studded with small emeralds, a finery that should make up for the lack of decoration on my other garments.

I take the strangerâ??s, Baron Bosmereâ??s hand with a light touch, my calloused fingers speaking of my sword training much like my toned arms. I curtsy gracefully and incline my head, favouring him with another smile as I stand straight and say, in my husky by firm voice. â??Good Evening, Baron Bosmere. I am Princess Krysta of Arkariaâ?¦â? I say, although I am sure he knows. â??Are you enjoying this evenings festivities?â? I ask politely.

Her hands were not as I expected, they were calloused, hard, strength was there more like a man's than any woman that I have encountered. Most working women of the fields had this callousness, but not the full set of strength that was obviously housed within the Princess. My brow slightly arched in response to this face. My gaze slowly rose from the ground to the form of the Princess, the code of dress that she bore was not that of high nobility but to the ranks of a Dutches, this also made me take a mental step back as I began to wonder if she was becoming rebellious to the King. Not allowing my gaze to transfix on one spot for any length of time, for fear of what might be considered as gawking at the Princess, although it was hard to bring it past the mounds of her breasts, I managed to bring it up to the stunning Green spheres of her eyes that sparkled like the stars upon a clear summers night. The smile that formed over my face felt as if the corners of my lips were ripping due to the largeness of the smile. My gaze left her mesmerizing effects of her gorgeous facial features to look about the festivities as she asked if I was enjoying myself, her tone was that of a husky warrior whom just returned from the hills, one not of a sheltered Princess, this tom boyish features was a major turn on to me. The words that I wanted to respond with would not have been an appropriate response so looking back to her beauty, “Why yes Mi'lady, The King's festival is one that will be remembered.” I respond with the best dignified words that one could come up with while trying to fight down the images of lusting over this woman.

Realizing that I still held her hand, I released my grip and took a step back from her grace. “I hope that you are enjoying yourself as well, Mi' lady.” My gaze once again taking the view of her sparkling orbs. “I hear that there is a ball as well once the sun falls and the moon comes to the highpoint of the night.” I offer to continue our exchange of small talk. I fight desperately not to allow my eyes to fall down the form of the Princess, but the will is not there as they slowly sink and take in the features. “I was hoping that I may have one of your acceptances out of many requests.” My gaze moves up to match hers. My heart pounds as I fail to fight the desire that builds deep within my loins. I picture this young, beautiful lady standing before me unclothed and filled with a burning desire to have me in her bed. I shake my head slightly trying to remove the image before an unwanted response of myself would come about.

I saw the way he looked at me and the way he wanted to look at me and broadened my smile a little more, but the afterthought of the fact that I knew I should not encourage his romantic notions required that I removed the smile from my face. I did so and glanced at his hand, the one that still held my own. I frowned a little and the man seemed to remember himself. I couldn't help but smile at the worried expression the breifly flickered across his features and pity him.

"His festival are always remembered..." I remarked truthfully, trying to reassure him with the warmth in my voice. I inclined my head and smiled at another passing Noble whilst repressing the urge to sigh heavily. "I enjoy the festivities verily." I answered after a pause, as I glanced sideways at the Baron. My curiosity got the better of my and when I judged that he wasn't looking, I allowed my gaze to run from his feet to his eyes, taking him in entirely. I felt myself bite down on my bottom lip but I quickly caught myself, unsure of what was running through my head. I needed a moment to myself and glanced distractedly around the grand and busy hall as I regained my composure.

"You heard right, Sir. The dances are sure to begin once the feast has finished." My heart felt like it was trying to hammer out of my chest. I averted my eyes to the ceiling before returning them to him once more. I rose an eyebrow when he asked to dance with me later. It was true that I had many offers- and there was only so much dancing one woman could do in a night - so I was usually careful to pick those who would be best to build strong bonds with. But at that moment in time, something strange happened to me and it was something that did not happen often: I acted on a total whim and accepted his dance. I would dance with him because I wanted to, I was curious about this bold man and I had already told myself that after that dance, after that evening, I would not talk with him again unless necessary. I could not allow something to happen that would endanger my plans.

"I look forward to it." I admitted. As I met his blue eyes, I hated myself for not being able to do what I wanted. One would think that you could have anything and everything you desired when you were a Princess. But sadly this is not the case at all. I feel my chest heave as an involuntary sigh passes my lips and I cast my gaze to the floor. I glanced up quickly again, afraid that he might have heard or seen and replaced that model expression on my face before I said with apparent interest. "I have not seen you attending one of my father's balls before. Is this the first time you have graced our halls with your presence?" I wish he's grace MY halls with his- shut up brain.

Back
Top Bottom