Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Unsuspected Squad (Dream Reaver, _Z3r0_, and Anjeru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Yaku clone smirked as he saw the pups spray his sand he had flying in the air. He then sunk into the ground and came up just behind Kaosu, holding a kunai in his hand. "You should know, any and all sand around this area is at my disposal." Yaku informed as the pups were caught in a whirlwind of sand and held in the air now, and Aoiro was also grasped by the very sand he was digging in.

Yaku held the kunai to Kaosu's back and chuckled. "I would expect better from the Leaf." He added. The clone had figured he won seeing as all the dogs were grasped in sand and the clone was holding a kunai point directly in the Leaf nin's back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yaku looked at Aoi and chuckled, then looked to the other fight going on. "It would seem my clone has beaten our companion." Yaku said, his arms crossed over his chest as three sand orbs circled him once more.

Aoi nodded, looking over to the fight as well now. She really hadn't thought to pay attention to it until now. Any defeat, even if a training exercise, did not sit well with most Kunoichi; especially in her case. Aoi did not except defeat easily, but when she did end up in defeat, she took it to mean she needed to improve herself. Which, most of the time, it was true. There was always room for improvement, especially in her and her companion's chosen profession.

"It would appear that way." she mused thoughtfully.

Kaosu dug his sharp nails into the palms of his hands. He was seething. Goddamn and his arrogant ass! I hate Suna shinobi! They always think they're better. The Inuzuka bit his bottom lip. He hated losing with a passion, and he especially hated when the winner rubbed it in his face.

It wasn't a fair fight! Had that stupid sand pussy tried to fight him in a real fight, real hand to hand taijutsu, he woulda won. Hands down. He bet that the guy didn't even know how to fight, that's why he always had that Goddamn sand ready to do it for him. The light haired boy grounded his teeth. I promised them I wouldn't lose to any Suna shinobi. I've failed.

"Yeah,..." The boy cracked the knuckles of his hands with his thumbs, one at a time. Play it cool,... fuck him later, he's not worth it. It's okay...... "Well,... there's a first time for everything," He forced his mouth into a half smile, "And I won't be so easy next time. Hmph." He tried to sound amused. In the background the dog user heard the three poofs of his pups. They were gone, and it was time for him to leave as well. Leave that pit of pissed on sand, that is. It would take him a while to forgive himself for losing, and in even longer while to even think about liking the Suna shinobi. The bastard.

Kauso walked away from the clone, not wishing to be near it a millisecond longer, and headed towards his dog. As he reached him, he pet him affectionately, "I'm sorry boy,... If I had it our way,..." he stopped talking, he didn't want to look like a bigger fool then he already did. He pecked his dog on the side of his mouth and led him over to the rest of his team. "Come on, boy."

Yaku looked at the Leaf ninja. "Remember Kaosu, this was to see how each other fought. When we get into real combat, we will need to know each other's weaknesses and strengths." Yaku informed and then started to walk. "We will head to a cottage just a little ways from here and rest for the night. Come daylight, we start out hunt." Yaku informed.

He then made a dash out, the tree line to his right the whole way. Eventually they would make it to a small hut, and Yaku would open the door, laying down in the middle of the floor. There was a couch and a bed in the one room building, and it seemed Yaku didn't mind sleeping on the dirt floor. "Don't worry, I have a parameter set and ready. No intruders will get in." He informed, closing his eyes.

Aoi nodded and walked over to where she'd dropped her bag. She picked it up into her left hand and swung it around onto her back, but only on the one side. Then she walked over to Kaosu and knelt down to pat the young pup that, ironically, had her name. "A defeat is never easy," she mumbled as she pet the young puppy, "but you two do have a lot of talent." She managed a small smile. "Come, let's go. Yaku has a point. We need to rest and be ready for our task on the morrow." She then raised herself to her feet and was quick to follow the Suna shinobi to the cottage.

Walking inside, she tossed her bag onto the couch and was quick to look over the place with a keen eye. She wandered about for a few moments, wanting to get a good feel for the place. Despite Yaku's reassurances, she wanted to check the area herself. She wasn't paranoid, but being raised as she was and given her job, she always checked her resting place herself before ever allowing the thought of sleep.

Once she'd gotten a good look, Aoi made her way back to the couch and sat down. She pulled off her boots, setting them on the floor next to her as she stretched her feet. Then, she pulled the black half-mask from her face and allowed it to rest around her neck; This then revealed her shapely little nose and thin, pale lips. Even though she was 17 years of age, sometimes her thin, small frame and childish like face caused her to be mistaken for a younger age. Her hands reached up to pull the hair tie from her long blue lockes, letting the blue strands loose to flow down her back. She stretched, took a small, roll-shaped pillow from her bag and proceeded to lay down once she'd set the bag onto the floor.

She wasn't likely to sleep well or a long time, but a little rest never hurt anyone.

Kaosu tightly nodded, "Oh, I remember." What makes you think I would so easily forget? Hmm? I just don't like to lose, and especially not to you. The dog boy watched the sand user speak next and then begin to leave. Pshhh, who said he was the leader? And last time I checked, oh great Kazekage-sama, we all knew the plan. Kaosu sighed, and wrapped an arm around his dog's neck. Boy was he comforting, in times like these, he absolutely necessary. The large white dog, nuzzled his master's neck, and whined slightly. "Yeah,... I know." Suddenly the boy and dog both noticed that their female teammate was heading there way. Kaosu forced a small smile. "Hey." He said and then smiled a real smile when she pet his dog, and his dog started to wag his tail. Aoiro loved when other people gave him attention, just like his master. The thought made him smile wider, although, it was only with certain, other people. Aioro usually got along well with most but,... there was a certain few that he wouldn't mind biting. At the girl's words the Inuzuka's smile lessened, "Thanks," He nodded slightly. It felt a bit more like plain sympathy then a real compliment, to him. Pretty girl, or no pretty girl. Let it go, let it go....... The success of the mission is all that matters.

As his two partners began to head out, he followed, and as they arrived the boy and his dog looked around. Hearing Yaku's comment, Kaosu could do nothing, other then roll his eyes and mutter, "My hero." The boy looked to his dog and grinned, chuckling. He was pretty sure that the boy didn't hear him, not from where he stood, at least. He was also pretty sure that his female partner most likely didn't either, but wouldn't really mind all that much if either of them did.

Kaosu and Aoiro looked around the house, inside and out, just as Aoi did. They didn't bother being discreet about it, it was a free country, right? If they felt the need to check it out, then they would oblige to it.

Finding comfort, the boy and his dog finally joined their two companions inside. Kaosu looked from the female, to his favorite person, and back, and supposed that he should do as they were. Why was he standing around like an idiot anyways,... he knew what to do. The teen walked over to a corner in the room and set his back down. He smiled at his dog, who laid down next to it, and knelt down beside his bag. On the top of his bag, he had earlier tied his sleeping bag, and was now untying it to lay it out.

Aoi silently contemplated. Mused about the mission to come. Her companions didn't seem all that bad; what she'd said to Kaosu earlier had been the truth. He did have talent. As did Yaku. She frowned a little; was she actually getting to like them? She didn't need that. No more scars were needed in the slim back of her's. She cursed her train of thought and rolled over to face the couch, opening her eyes now that they couldn't see her. Laying on her side as she was, both eyes were visible for once; the right one, that was most always covered by her hair, was a much darker blue than the left one. So dark it was almost black.

Getting a bit frustrated with herself, she sat up and sighed. Looked over her companions for a moment and then decided she wasn't going to be able to rest. Aoi just didn't feel it coming; could've been a number of things really. She clearly sensed Kaosu's distaste for Yaku. Her stomach was curling with the faint echo of hunger. She wasn't at home, in her sanctuary where she knew she was safe. Pursing her lips, she raised her eyes to the ceiling for a moment.

"Hey...Kaosu, Yaku...either of you hungry?" she asked it softly. "If you are, I could cook up something while you rest a little." She glanced over to the small pup and smiled a little. "I'm sure Aioro wouldn't mind something to snack on."

The large dog lifted his head at the sound of his name, he looked over to the girl and then to his master. Kaosu also stared at the girl then to his dog. "Go ahead," he nodded. The dog didn't move, but simply licked at the boy's hand. "Okay,...I'll go too." He mumbled, and then looked back to his partner. "Thanks,... he's always hungry." The trainer grinned at the thought of his statement. It was true, he would ask him for food even if he had just finished eating. The Konoha shinobi, dug through his bag for some meat that his mother made him bring and once found it, stood. "I'm not really," suddenly the boy's stomached growled, almost as if it knew what he was about to say, "....Well,..." The boy with red triangles suddenly laughed, "I suppose I am a bit hungry." He placed a hand on his flat stomach and made his way over to the girl.

"Here, you can cook this too if you want," he held out the wrapped meat in his hand, "...but you don't have to, and you don't have to do it all alone. I can help you start a fire." The boy looked beside him and, of course his giant fur ball was of course trying to reach what was in his hand. "No." He looked down at him, chuckling slightly, and with his other hand pet his head.

Aoi chuckled in her head, listening as the boy's stomach disagreed with his words. As they padded over, she swung her legs over the edge of the sofa and patted the young pup on the head. She really did love animals more then people and would take any opportunity to please an animal; long as it didn't attack her. "Thank-you," she murmured, "help is always appreciated. Though, I am used to doing everything on my own." She nodded firmly. Then grinned a little as she took the offered meat from Kaosu. Then, she looked over to Yaku again. "What about you, Yaku? Would you like something to eat?" She wanted to offer, even if the boy turned her down. She sensed he was like her and just wanted to get the job done, not mingle with her, or with Kaosu. There was no need to get emotionally or additionally involved, she understood that. It was really how she looked at the whole thing. Though, admittedly, she did like her companions; not entirely a good thing, she surmised. Whether he took her up on her offer or not, she wanted to at least ask.

Yaku listened to them, staring up at the ceiling. He was about to answer her until he felt a shift in the sands outside. When he heard her as him again, he raised his hand up, "Shh..." He said silently, still lying on his back.

He slowly sat up, looking out the window as a shadow passed by. He knew these kinds of movement. "Assassins." He said, slowly standing up now. Assassins were partially like ninjas, except they couldn't learn actual jutsus. Instead, they trained in Taijutsu and learned how to either cancel jutsus, or reverse them. They learned the same way a shinobi did, except they learned it to kill shinobis, not protect those who couldn't do it.

"They are moving around, fast. Not sure how many now. They disrupted too much of my sand." He said silently to the others. "Kaosu, can you sense how many there are out there?" He asked, crouched by the couch near his companions. Yaku was slowly building sand around him, getting ready, and also preparing some sand out side to transfer his jutsu on the other side of the walls.

Kaosu's eyes shifted from the Oto nin, to the Suna and then to the side, as he listened. "Four." He whispered in response. "There's four, ...three male, one female, most likely." He knew these things because his clan specialized in tracking, and he was no exception. He had been taught about tracking, it's fundamentals and secrets, since before academy days. He had been learning his whole life, and still was. By the way they landed, he could tell their gender, or at least come up with a decent guess, due to his knowledge of body language. The way they ran, or rolled or simply jumped, could sometimes give it away.

They had been running for quite some time. The Inuzuka could easily smell it, their sweat and their fatigue, although they still had plenty of energy. He turned back to the Suna shinobi. He sensed them first, which was odd. Aoiro didn't even bark when they were in range of his nose, and by the looks of their proximity now, that was a while ago. Why would assassins be here? Why would they follow them, did someone know of their mission? How could they, they weren't even that far from where they had first met?

Aoi's eyes narrowed and she was quick to follow the Suna nin's words of silence; she set the meat she'd held in her hand on top of her bag, slipped something from the bag into her pouches, and pulled the small black half-mask up from around her throat to cover the lower half of her face. Assassins, indeed. Probably sent by their target, she mused, after all, they weren't after just another nin, they were after a S-rank Rouge. If their villages had managed to gather enough information to send them after the Rouge, then there was reasonable room to assume that the Rouge had enough information. Possibly to send his/her own assassins.

It did surprise her as well that Yaku had been the first to sense the intruders, not Kaosu; however, she assumed this was due to the fact that the Suna nin had been the one to set up the perimeter in the first place. Aoi lowered her voice to a faint, faint whisper as she tied her hair back to keep it from hindering her view; "They must have been sent by our target. What course of action shall we implement?"​

Yaku looked around and could sense his sand was no longer being shifted. "They stopped." He stated and then looked to his comrades. "Kaosu, they move about as fast as you can. You might move faster. I want you to distract them while me and Aoi get ready flush them down." He said, then looked to Aoi. "Aoi, I need you to use your water style after I create a level of sand over them. It should hold them longer then my sand." He said.

"After we cover them, we will make our get away. I can't be sure our jutsus will be completely effective against them." He informed, looking out the window once more. He could feel a sudden movement and then a burst of speed from all the assassins, causing his sand to fly into the air. "I lost sensory on them." He added, still very silent.

((Sorry, had troubles trying to get on lately))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom