Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

One final job... [Jakiline & Kaziel]

Kaziel

Supporter
Supporter
She was riding through the countryside, the same way she did every Monday for the last few months. She had a general route she followed, including going through the forest of trees that he was hiding in right now. She went a slightly different way each time, so he was never sure if he'd get the chance that week. He had been planning this for months now, and it looked like he'd get lucky this weekend. Hiding in the same tree each week, he had planned to drop behind her, onto her horse, but she hadn't ridden under his chosen tree... until this week. She seemed to be heading directly beneath the branch he was balanced on. Turning around so he could jump down behind her, he looked between his legs and estimated the timing... and jumped!

Falling, adrenaline pumping through his veins, everything in slow motion, he watched as her mount appeared beneath him, then she did. Maybe she noticed him, maybe she was too focused on her riding, but either way his timing was perfect as he landed on the horse's rump. It gave a whinny as a sudden jolt of additional weight hit it, but it's strong legs supported it and it continued to gallop on.

Quickly pressing against her back, he snaked one hand over her shoulder, clamping over her mouth, gripping her jaw tightly. Another around her waist and she could feel the tip of a dagger pressed against abdomen. "So much as a peep out of you, Princess, and I'll gut you." He said in a raspy voice. Glancing back at him, she couldn't see much of him. A long swath of green cloth was wrapped around his head, masking his face and hiding his hair, only his eyes and the skin around them were really visible. He was of a honeyed skintone, obviously from years spent in the sun, and his eyes were a deep brown, almost black, showing no hint of emotion or remorse. Little else could be seen since a long cloak was draped his shoulders and flapped behind him as the horse continued to charge further and further along. "Do you understand?" he asked quickly.

The Princess was one who enjoyed a system. A schedule. Every morning she would wake up, eat her breakfast and then usually do her duties for an entire day before sleeping. Saturday was the day she would focus on her Dark Arts, and Monday was her only day she could ride. She usually chose the same route, so she didn't get lost in the forest. The horse had slowed to a trot as she walked along the trail, only the bird's cries accompanying her.

Silence was indeed golden. The Witch ran a hand through her black hair, letting it dance in the breeze. She wouldn't be what someone called beautiful, but she would be. The young damsel was only around seventeen, her petite body only showing the hint of curves. Yet her eyes were bright green, a dazzling color that attracted almost every Prince nearby. But she had gotten tired of it, which is why she traveled alone lately. But when she heard the branch above her stir she looked up, seeing the figure for a moment before she felt the pressure on the horse. The horse let out a nigh before galloping off, jolting slightly. One of her hands moved to catch the reigns, other moving to the large staff at her side-

But she felt the tip of the dagger against her stomach, the knife cutting through the black fabric before she heard his hiss. Almost immediately she let her hands clench, yet she did as she was told. In this position she could die quickly. Her self-preservation went over the need to lash out. Instead she peeked behind her, seeing a flash of green along with his dark eyes. Her own green eyes looked into his, a flash of resentment before she moved her head up and down, a slow nod. The girl's hand moved down, the hand curling around the wooden staff at her side. It was her magic tool, and as soon as she touched it she could feel the magical energy. But, she needed to send the dagger away before anything else.

She needed to slow down the horse.

"Good little girl." he said to her, and before she could react, he twisted the blade, another small cut opening the middle of her dress unintentionally as he lay the cold flat of the blade against her belly so she could feel that it was still there, then he launched himself backwards off of the horse.

Twisting himself to ensure that he landed on the bottom, absorbing the impact of the ground and making sure the Princess remained unharmed. A mix of the bed of needles and leaves along with his hard leather armor took a large brunt of the pain away as they slammed into ground. He still definitely felt it and he knew he'd be sore in the morning, but this was a calculated risk. It kept the situation constantly changing to keep the Princess off guard.

He also felt her press up against him, and for the first time he really realized how small she was compared to him. He was anything but a giant, at around five foot, seven inches, but he was heavily muscled from years of living in the wilderness... a sharp contrast to her thin womanly figure.

The shock of them crashing into the ground also loosened her grip on her staff, and it went flying from her hand, clattering nearby. The Bandit glanced over to it, noting that she had been holding it tightly when he had launched himself from the horse.

The girl let out a cry against his hand when she felt the blade twist, thinking she would fell the pain in her stomach. Yet instead she was thrown off the horse, her hands curling around herself, preparing for the impact. She heard the crush of leaves, the horse continue its gallop. It slipped out of view, twisting along the path and leaving her with the man. In the fall she let out another cry of air against his fingers, the wooden staff slipping away, rolling away and landing a few feet away. Really? She felt the surge of magic slip away, leaving her weak.

But he was doing a good job of keeping her unable to guess what happened. She could feel his muscular body against hers, his arms still around her lips. She lifted a hand up towards the staff, willing it to her fingers as she did so. Her green eyes flashed, and for a moment, the staff twitched. Then it leaped, slipping right back into her cold grip. No matter what he said, she wouldn't let go of it. How could she? The man might have the knife to his advantage, but h would still need her mostly unharmed.

Mostly. It or dead. She gulped, her form trying to pull away from his for a brief moment. She could feel the blunt knife pushing against her stomach, working to keep her complaint. It was why she didn't cast a spell. No, instead she was forced to lay against the disgusting bandit, knowing that he was ruining her riding clothes. Her black hair was against his chest, tickling whatever skin was exposed as she took a breath. She could smell his unclean hands, the stretch practically dripping from him.

She placed her free hand on the ground away on his side, wanting the ability to push herself up.

His eyes went wide as he saw the staff leap from the ground into her hand. He had heard of Witches and Warlocks before, of course, everyone had. But they didn't go parading it around in public lest they wanted the Inquisition to come for a not so friendly visit. That this Princess was one of them complicated the situation immensly.

Rolling over onto one knee, he pushed himself up so he was standing, still holding her tight against him. "So, you're one of those Witches, eh? I'll make a deal with you... You don't try any of that fancy magic and I'll not hurt you. I'd prefer to keep you unharmed. It'll be much easier to ransom you back to your father if you're not bloody and bruised." As he said this, he drew the dagger back up, sliding the point lightly over her bared stomach. "And don't think for a moment that just because I aim to ransom you that I won't kill you. I value my safety over your life... Got it?"

The witched tightened her grip upon the wand, but she did not cast a spell. Instead she took a breath and nodded. "Fine. I swear I shall not cast a spell that shall hurt you for as long as you do not hurt me." She whispered, the first words she uttered to him. She was very cautious as she said it, for it meant that she would not be able to free herself by regular means. She would need to escape like a...Human.

The very idea sent chills down her spine. She instead stood up slowly, glaring at him with her two thin eyes. They were conflicting, angry, before she nodded her head. "Fine. I will not do anything as long as you do not use that knife. There was no need to do so." She whispered. She stood slowly, slipping the staff under the folds of her dress before extending her gloves to show there was no way she could cast her spell.

"I am planning to live very long, and you will not ruin it. I will get my revenge."

Letting her go, he walked around in front of her and she could see that his cheeks has rose, letting her know he was smiling, but there was no mirth in his eyes. "Good to know." Seeing her eyes narrowed at him, he glared back. "I'm sure you will, Witch, but I have little intent on staying here after I'm done with you. If everything goes according to plan, I'll never see this Gods-forsaken land again." Stepping away from her, he took out another dagger and a letter he had written and pressed it against a tree and drove the dagger into it, pinning the ransom note where it could clearly be seen.

Clomping back over to the Princess, the Bandit grabbed her wrist, his callused hand rough on her soft skin and he gave her a tug. "Come along, Princess, we've got a long way to go before we get where we're going." With that he started on his way through the forest, heading away from the castle.

Back
Top Bottom