Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

War Hawks (A Hard Sci-Fi Slice of Life Merc RP)

RustyShackle

Hey! Zuko Here
download.jpg

"Dead on Arrival"

The year is 252 AC (Astra Contactus.) Earth as we know it as gone. Individual nations are gone, replaced by coalitions all fighting for what's left of Earth's surface. Thousands die every day, from combat, starvation, disease, and more. Humanity survives for one reason, and one reason only:

Profit

Centuries after we had nuked ourselves damn near back to the stone age, first contact was made. But it was not a political delegation. It was an executive of the Galactic Trading Corporation, the largest economic conglomerate in known space. With their hands in nearly every industry, they have quite the revenue, but with that comes the risk of losing it. Pirates, rival corporations, terrorists. So, the Corporation was in need of muscle. While there were some species that were good in a fight, few matched the genetic diversity and ingenuity of humans. Not to mention their frightful capability to fight kuch longer than even other mammalian species. Thus, with the signing of the Geneva Contract, the Privateer Wars began. In exchange for manpower, the Trade Corporation would share technology, supplies, and most importantly, weapons. Suddenly, war changed. It became not just a direct push and pull for territory, but a war for profit. Entire campaigns could be lost or one by a good contract. So mercenary companies saw a rise in prominence never seen before, fighting not just for glory and profit, but for the survival of their very species, held hostage by the threat of those supply ships not arriving home.

The Scarlet Hawks are among these companies. Currently working under the commission of the Atlantic Union (while territories vary, the Union is mostly comprised of Western Europe and the Eastern part North America,) they've been purchased for a lucrative five year contract with the GTC, tasked with securing the newly established mining colony on Aegis VIII. What this entails is up for grabs. It's a large operation so trouble is guaranteed, but what kind of trouble? Who knows. Pirates, terrorists funded by rivals, could be anything. All that matters is that the pay is good, and families are given full permission to come along, as long as they pay a travel fee, of course.

Hello! Sorry for that long ass introduction, people of Blue Moon. This is a concept I very recently came up with after I started reading a book called Cartwright's Cavaliers, with a very similar concept. As the overly long, unnecessary info dump says, this is a heavily military focused RP, set in a grim, hard sci fi setting. Not to say this is grim dark. There's still bright spots, just expect a lot of death and cynicism. The format will be somewhat unique, I guess. A large focus will be put on the time in between conflicts, and as stated you don't have to be a merc. You could be an engineer, a doctor, or even just a family member of someone in the company. It's more about the characters than the big shooty. In terms of characters, go wild! Pretty much anything is allowed just as long as your character is human, though honestly I could be convinced to have a few aliens in the company. This is very much a WIP universe so nothing is really set in stone! I'd love to hear any ideas ya have!

In terms of rules I'll keep things brief.

1. Follow the site rules. No pedophilia or anything like that.

2. NSFW is allowed, but it is not the focus. Keep the spicy stuff in DMs, and try to keep things realistic.

3. Be somewhat literate. Not expecting a novella, but please no one liners.

4. Be cool! Respect your fellow RPers, be nice, etc.

So yeah! Post here if you're interested, and feel free to ask any questions and make any suggestions on the setting!

Back
Top Bottom