Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warhammer RPs?

Which Setting Interests You

• Warhammer 40k

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

MyttyDW

Awoo?
Hello all! I'm hoping to find some people who are interested in the settings of Warhammer 40k (current) and Age of Sigmar! The RPs I hope to run would be a little lore-bending, possibly, and potentially not extremely grimdark. Either way, I'd love to find some enthusiasts who like to talk lore and such as well as RP in the setting! People who are interested but not very knowledgeable are welcome too, of course!

Thank you, and please feel free to leave a reply with thoughts, ideas, or just chat!

i mean i never saw any mention of it there. I use the Lex all the time. I'm not about to go out and buy all the source material myself, afterall. lol

@Murdergurl Unless you be a millionaire with a wish to go broke I would seriously never consider buying that much warhammer 40K materials!

It seems we have some interest, so what sort of character sheets do we want to use? Rogue trader sounds like a good idea. We can slip about anyone onto a ship like that?

Since his is meant to be a bit of a rule bent theme, My opinion is male or female for any race you wish. Having said that I am thinking Space Marines, Necrons and Tyranids would not fit in as characters. Love Space marines and I have way too many of them, most even painted. I just don't think their strict views would do well here in this environment. Necrons hate fleshy peoples and Tyranids consider then food so Not too keen on having either of those as shipmates.

Welcome any other opinions! I am still thinking of a human fighter/shuttle pilot as my character.

Are you meaning to say "never use Lex" or "I never saw it there"? For some reason I can't figure out which 'read' you mean xD
I might have seen it on 1d4chan. I have heard it mentioned and seen the models a few times. We're talking like 1st edition fantasy, so this is more myth-history than lore at this point. But, it's Warhammer, we have the warp, of a buxom ork who looks like she was drawn by Zakimi Chan pops up in the next eddition I wouldn't be suprised (I bet that would sell like crazy.)

It seems we have some interest, so what sort of character sheets do we want to use? Rogue trader sounds like a good idea. We can slip about anyone onto a ship like that?
Are we doing system based or free form? I was under the impression it was the latter.

Really? That's super interesting. I never read this anywhere. Is there a source I can check this out at?
I had remembered reading a bit of ork lore when I was rather young, so I did a web search and found this page. Which goes on to say:
Ork breeding was looked into. At this juncture they were portrayed as birthing a litter of whelps from a marsupial pouch at the end of their lives. In this way only the toughest or most resourceful Orks survived to reproduce. Old Orks wandered into the wilderness to give birth and then die, leaving communities of young "Wildboys" who could be subsequently exploited as raw recruits for any Ork force that found them.
Now the original document did go further into this.

As to other armies and working together, most nids are out; but a gene stealer infiltrating areas and attempting to set up cults would be interesting. A necron could be hiding as a Man of Iron hiding as a servitor. Space Marines can also have some odd ideas about what's acceptable and so forth, though it can create some internal conflict.

Not to mention the Mechanicum ajd all they get up to. I'd say greenlight humans, Tau, Orks, Eldar as a blanket with anything else being at the DMs discretion.

Hmm... Personally I kinda wanna allow most things with the caveat that PCs are a bit more open-minded and don't insta-murder

As long as we make sure it all makes sense in the setting I'm game, conflicts over things like not trusting xenos can be fun to play with if done right.

Back
Top Bottom