Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Warhammer RPs?

Which Setting Interests You

• Warhammer 40k

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Warhammer Age of Sigmar

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

MyttyDW

Awoo?
Hello all! I'm hoping to find some people who are interested in the settings of Warhammer 40k (current) and Age of Sigmar! The RPs I hope to run would be a little lore-bending, possibly, and potentially not extremely grimdark. Either way, I'd love to find some enthusiasts who like to talk lore and such as well as RP in the setting! People who are interested but not very knowledgeable are welcome too, of course!

Thank you, and please feel free to leave a reply with thoughts, ideas, or just chat!

I like 40k but it really depends on what you'd be interested in trying to run. I prefer to lean a decent amount into the grimdark side of things as I like the more..."evil" factions for the most part. Not that anyone is truly good in 40k. That said I still like Orks and T'au, but generally prefer Chaos and Dark Eldar. (Plus I also tend to prefer system games over freeform when possible)

I'm up for it. I'm good with 40k or fantasy. Of you want something not overly grim dark maybe set ot on a mining world, or maybe a hive city milita, etc. A place where you can keep the grom da3kr but maybe shead some of the bitter apocalyptic hopelessness by focusing on a smaller story rather than the grand scale. Kinda thing where you might not be stopping a hive fleet but you can at least stop the genestealer cult, so to speak.

Personally fine with either! Small-scale or grand scale!

It's an integral part of the world but I do think there is room for seasoning with it rather than serving it as the main course.

Would you have room for a goblin in a 40k setting? Normally, I RP as females (cause I'm a female) but Orks and Goblins in wh40k are all "Boyz".
Anyway, I vote 40k and I'd wanna be a goblin. Just casting that out there

In 40k goblins be called Gretchin and no reason you could not be a female Ork. True miniature lines have few females but the Lore has several. So a Female Gretchin would be fine.

I also enjoy a bit less on the dark side, The books are full of people who try hard never knowing the futility of there endeavors. I could see a urban deathworld as a setting where people left behind might try to work together to survive. Even if they each had their own agenda of how to back stab others in the beginning? Maybe after saving each other's lives they begin to get drawn together? I would be interested if you get a few others.

In 40k goblins be called Gretchin and no reason you could not be a female Ork. True miniature lines have few females but the Lore has several. So a Female Gretchin would be fine.

I also enjoy a bit less on the dark side, The books are full of people who try hard never knowing the futility of there endeavors. I could see a urban deathworld as a setting where people left behind might try to work together to survive. Even if they each had their own agenda of how to back stab others in the beginning? Maybe after saving each other's lives they begin to get drawn together? I would be interested if you get a few others.
I'm aware of the lore, thanks. I've painted the minis since the mid 90's

From what I understand of the Ork/gretchin/Snotling/Squig races is that they are all grown from different derivatives of an alien fungi that will infest a planet. The different strains proffer a different final outcome, with big mean Orks as the top tier creature. So they're not really male OR female. But take on a masculine aesthetic, nonetheless.

THIS woulda been my lowly gretchin to toss into the fray.... but I'm not opposed to a "gender-bend" and turning him into a her for the sake of Adult RP. It's just that I originally made Iggy for a stricter, lore-heavy WH40K RP group.

Last edited:
Depoending on if this is 40k or Fantasy, I'll make a different character. If it's Fantasy, I'll make a Knight of the White Wolf, if it's 40k I'll make a Cadian Shock Trooper separated from his comrades

I never bothered reading into Warhammer Fantasy too much. It's not nearly as unique as the 40k line. It just kinda blends in with all the other medieval fantasy stuff out there. So i really am not too informed of it, lore-wise. And the stuff I do know is decades old. I know absolutely nothing of AoS

IGGY was cool LOL.

I was thinking of a Imperial guard/navy fighter pilot who got shot down and is lost wherever the group would form.

Hey its Warhammer, we have the warp doing all kinds of shinnanigans to people, I'm cool with a female Gretchin. I mean technically orks have no sex so there is no reason why you cant say enviormrntal factors might not produce a "female" orkoid.

Depending on our setting I might play perhaps a voidsmen/sailor, navy or otherwise, who finds himself in the setting. Maybe one with some low level psker powers that makes him mildly telepathic or precognoisant?

Old lore had orks actually giving birth to live young, crazy stuff. I could be interested if this goes the 40k route. Maybe based around a Rogue Trader, that's a good excuse to have a rag tag bunch.

Really? That's super interesting. I never read this anywhere. Is there a source I can check this out at?
Honestly I would (and wouldn't) be surprised. Like maybe the Wiki or Lex would, but seems the thing GW would kinda want to be forgotten.

But the internet never forgets (about female space marines and half-eldar space marines and space dwarves and...)

Honestly I would (and wouldn't) be surprised. Like maybe the Wiki or Lex would, but seems the thing GW would kinda want to be forgotten.

But the internet never forgets (about female space marines and half-eldar space marines and space dwarves and...)
Never forget the Squats.

never read it in the Lex

Back
Top Bottom