Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Suggestion Please Allow Unrestricted Editing in PMs

Jenn

Planetoid
Hi there! I've run into this more than once and find it rather frustrating that you cannot really edit in PMs. I'm not sure if there is a reason for that, but it is frustrating not to be able to add on to something we've written, or edit a link or add an image. Fix a typo, etc. Given that there are so many threads that are written in PMs, I think that it would be very helpful to allow editing for longer than the current 6 hours, I think? With such a short time, a post that I've written before bed can usually not be changed in the morning should I think of something else or find a mistake in rereading. Just, please take it into consideration. The change would be very much appreciated by man, I am sure! Thank you!

I honestly see no need for the restriction. I reread my posts and constantly fix my typos when I can. If there has to be one.. maybe make it 24 hours. One full day, so all of life's craziness can interrupt and you can still improve on something or fix it or perhaps change something that was not quite what your writing partner was looking for. My first hope is that there is no limit.. but if there has to be one for whatever reason... 24hrs. (also helps with slack in tweaking things for partners on different schedules with time zone's being all over the place)

Indeed it is, you have unrestricted access to editing if you're a supporter of the site already, if not I think it's 12 hours?

Indeed it is, you have unrestricted access to editing if you're a supporter of the site already, if not I think it's 12 hours?
Nope. Supporters appear to have unrestricted editing in PMs - just had a quick look in PMs going back a few months. :)

Nope. Supporters appear to have unrestricted editing in PMs - just had a quick look in PMs going back a few months. :)

That's exactly what I said though, I don't understand the nope. >.>

That's exactly what I said though, I don't understand the nope. >.>
You were unsure if supporters got unrestricted or 12 hours.

Unless I misread what you'd said, and you were in fact referring to supporters and non-supporters.

The way it was worded, it could have gone either way. :)

You were unsure if supporters got unrestricted or 12 hours.

Unless I misread what you'd said, and you were in fact referring to supporters and non-supporters.

The way it was worded, it could have gone either way. :)

I disagree, the way it was worded was pretty clear. but no matter.

I disagree, the way it was worded was pretty clear. but no matter.
*shrugs* The way I read it, the "if not" part of your comment could have been referring to either the "unrestricted access" or the "supporter" condition. You were clearly going for one, I read it as the other.

All good here. :)

Yeah, i meant the latter. All good, just a misunderstanding :D I'll try to be more clear in future!

Staine is correct in their wording. Unrestricted if you are a supporter, if not (a supporter), then there is a time restriction.

The original restriction was under an hour and that has since been adjusted.

It is a supporter benefit, because it was something that I discussed with Veks during our site conversion from MyBB to Xenforo. He wanted to establish several benefits for paying supporters, with this being one of them. People are welcome to pay to support the site to obtain this unrestricted editing benefit.

Is this one time payment deal or continual? How does the support thing actually work? Is there a certain amount you have to pay?

You pay via Patreon. Pay what you can spare, really. For me, $10 a month is easy enough to spare towards the site's continuing operation.

It's an on-going thing, but you'll get the benefits while you're supporting.

Yeah..... That's not going to be happening any time soon....

Back
Top Bottom