Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Red Eclipse [open for character creation and discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJBayview

Supernova
Welcome to my OOC topic on the up and coming Long Term, Group, post apocalyptic, steampunk, fantasy, horror RP: Red Eclipse.

it will be awesome and epic and currently I'm looking for a grand total of 5 fellow members to get this rolling.
cause face it, huge groups are lame as things get confusing.

After I get it up and going however I may be opening it up again.

Please keep in mind that I enjoy obscene amounts of violence in my RPs.
this probably won't be very sexual at all actually.

Currently we have:
DJBayview [Vanslaz, NPCs, primary antagonist.]

Re: Red Eclipse (Laws, rules, and creation of the universe)

Setting/Plot:

The land during the Red Eclipse is a tattered torn shadow of it's once glorious form. Desert and cracked earth scars most the land; however, there are pockets of civilization centered around areas of drinkable water, these 'oasis-cities' are home to all manner of creatures released from the 'Rising'. There is also heavy radiation that marks the land, fallout from the nuclear weapons used in the 'Last War', the areas of this fallout radiation varies from place to place, virtually nonexistent in some, and other parts of the land have a literal 'glow' due to how irradiated the very ground is.

Because of this, mutations are commonplace and run rampant. Some are harmful, such as cancerous growths. Some are harmless, but not particularly beneficial (I.E. extra finger/toe/nostril.). Some even manage to benefit the host (ie, resistance to radiation, tougher skin, extra organs).

But something else happened during the 'Rising' of the Red Eclipse. Truth was revealed, and heaven decended upon earth;; but as the religious rejoiced about the second coming of Christ, they were all ironically wrong in their assumption. The arch-angels of Heaven did not descend to liberate the people to eternal life. Instead of welcoming the children of God to the gates of Heaven, Arch-Angel Michael sounded his horn, and tore asunder a trans-dimensional rift between the realm of men and that of the demons spawned from hell.

This red rift between dimensions blocked the sun and became known as the 'Rising' of the Red Eclipse. Because for seven days, and seven nights, hell was unleashed upon man. No man, woman, or child was safe from the ravaging demons that continuously poured from the rift, led by the Four Horsemen themselves, their trail of terror just as horrible as the bone-like steeds with hell-fire eyes that they strode upon.

After the appointed duration was over the demons backed back into hell where they spawned, a godly agreement binding them to retreat on the dawn of the 8th day. Thus was born the 8th day of the week, and a complete revision of the global calender. Most cultures have their own name for this day, but most agree upon the name Malday. And as night fell upon the 8th day a second moon was born, a chunk of mars some say, an eye of Satan others say, it is a deep red orb that follows the planet seemingly, not on an axis of rotation... however this moon was always in-between the earth and the sun. The Red Eclipse, named after the red rift that blocked the sun for seven days and nights.

[[will proof-read, edit, and add more later.]]

fucking amazing. hurry the fuck up and if you need some help well all get togethor and brainwash

Limitations, global laws, and general outline:

Laws and explanations: RPCs will be mortal, very much so, I will be wanting their strengths AND weaknesses. I don't care if they are deadly allergic to peanuts, give me something to work with. I RP villains, it gets boring trying to play with the 'omnipotent hero' who never has a weakness.
Romance and sexual endeavors: Yay, go for it, have fun, but mind you I have an actual storyline here I'm trying to get across, or perhaps we can do it gaia-style and move that part to pm's or whatever [because I know most, if not all, of you like your attention to detail and multi-para posts. and I'm trying to keep this as close to on-topic as possible.]
MAJICKSYES??!?!?!?!?! Yes, however magick in this universe comes from a primal power that one harnesses through training and unique one-of-a-kind staves each magi creates themselves in their training. There are no spells, there is simply the force and how you manipulate it. For example: A pyromagus would train to specialize in focusing all of his power into manipulating the force into the element of fire. Another example is a 'healer', which is really just a person who specializes with manipulating this force into quickly or instantaneously mending damaged biological tissue.

races, so to speak:
Technically everyone is still human, but I'll go ahead and list a few examples, keep in mind I'm always open to suggestion:
Mutated: This sort of 'race' would just be a mutated human, due to radiation more than likely, feel free to come up with whatever sort of mutation you can think of within reason of course. Keep in mind super mutants probably have serious mental issues.
Magickal: Some sort of group that has a blood line of being very in tune and practicers of using the force. [rofl, couldn't help myself] of the planet's magick source.

will work on more later. too lazy.

Story Location and initial storyline at start of RP:

In the town of Red Moon, BC Canada; a bit west of Kamloops. Canada managed to escape the brunt of the nuclear war, cause face it, who wants to waste nukes on canada? But instead they suffered the worst when hell was released overnight, nightmares manifesting in material form, slain loved ones rising again and 'turning' on their families, just to recruit more into the wretched ranks of lifeless ghouls. Not just this, but deamons escaped the return to hell by taking the forms of extremely desirable human men and women.

With the ranks of the walking dead ever growing, and undeniable temptation a threat as well, survival has become somewhat difficult. Luckily the people of BC managed to keep more technology than many people and fell back to using steam technology, as Canada was now mostly ice, pyromagi being used to heat the water with burnable substances being rather rare.

The original group of characters will start off as members of the Red Moon militia, unless an acceptable alter-background is presented and approved. This is so I can have specific NPCs give them orders so the storyline can actually continue.

[[of course it's interesting, I don't waste time on RPing unless it is suitably epic.]]

Character Sheets::
I'll say this once.
Post them IN THE thread.
I'll go through and read em and offer pointers so they would better fit into this universe.

Name:
Age: you are all humans. and don't put 'unknown' I don't care how mysterious you wanna be I will know your age god-damnit. Characters must be at least 16 years of age. and I won't accept anyone over the age of 50 without good reason.
Pic and/or physical description: preferably a detailed description along with a pic if you have one.
Genetic Ancestry: mutated, magickal, deamonic [men fucking succubi, chicks fucking incubi, and the like], or pure [pure humans are a bit more likely to rely on technoology]
Bio: A bit of colorful background to your character. keep in mind this is far after the apocalypse. And keep it short, expand your character as we go mostly. Include personal history, personality, and something about what they are up to present era.
Primary Weaponry: tis a dangerous world, what do you kill shit with?
Secondary equipment: tis a dangerous world, what else do you kill shit with? and random items of character value.
General Statement of Skill/Ability: tis a dangerous world, HOW do you kill shit? And useful skills/abilities to assist you outside combat.

Novel. I could get into this. I'd like to know more detail on what exactly is roaming around, though. Flora and fauna of a magical demon-infested world. Also, was any of the heavenly host similarly left behind?

Trygon said:
Novel. I could get into this. I'd like to know more detail on what exactly is roaming around, though. Flora and fauna of a magical demon-infested world. Also, was any of the heavenly host similarly left behind?
I'd also like to know about the Loyalists. I got a picture of a Warrior-Angel carrying a golden spear when I read this.

awesome, awesome.

well later today, sunday, after I sleep and wake up, I'll give a bit more 'life' into the world.
I'm not going to go make a whole encyclopedia, but I'll add on bits about more of the common 'wildlife' you could say.

quick notepad for tomorrows thoughts:
celestials
demons
undead
flora
fauna

warrior-angels with golden spears probably won't happen.
this being after the apocalypse.

sudden thought: irradiated demons?
could be nifty.
will give it more thought later.

And actually, you gave me the boost I needed to try and start my rp up too....

Have more news on that one later. Till then, I can't wait for this one to get up and runnin' =^,.,^=

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck i just typed for about an hour and its fucking gone cause the page had to be fucking stupid fuck fuck fuck....dj save me a spot ok! i just dont wanna retype everything right now fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trygon said:

ok, I've got the setting as north america, primarily Western US and Canada.

Canada is a huge glacier, cause they got fucked with primarily the christian and supernatural side effects.
You have your zombies [lots of them...], the occassional rogue heavenly host or demon [and I mean occasional.], and the like.

The US is mostly desert and nuclear wasteland, war being a major factor of the world's end. Mutations, biological and psychological issues in most of the human populace, cannibalism, anarchy runs rampant, the towns and few cities here are always well guarded and everyone is armed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom