Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mx F or NB A Taste of Honey

No, not the film. Now that would just be depressing.

That said, I'm looking for something that comes naturally from a premise. I'm going to develop this thread as more ideas come to mind, but lets see if I can tantalize you with some of my simple prompts. I'd be happy to hear your inputs, love to hear more from you!

The Vanilla

The (b)Romance - This could be two friends re-uinited after a long time apart. There was nothing there between them to start, but maybe time has been kind to one of them, or just a long string of romantic failures has led them to feeling vulnerable and open to love. Honestly, this is likely to be a slower burn. Maybe a drunken night between them making things worse and more complex (or better in the long run). The two of them making poor decisions that keep them apart for longer.

The Taboo
If you're there, then who's that? - Classic case of mistaken identity. A pair of twins giving the runabout on some poor unsuspecting fool. This can be a wife that yearns to be single taking on the life of her twin, or even the other way around. The unsuspecting brother of a celebrity getting more than he bargained for by having to live a double life pretending to be someone he's not. Cheating will inevitably be a part of this one, whichever one of us takes the twins role. But at the same time, there's a selective release of information involved.

The Nerdy
On the convention floor - One of us is just a patron, maybe a cosplayer. Maybe just your standard con-goer. The other is convention staff of some description. The premise here is a simple one. A whirlwind romance that burns like fire and fizzles out over the course of the four day convention. There's a chance to extend it beyond this, possibly a yearning out in the real world once they meet once again.

The Sticky
Nowhere to go - This is more of a general idea than a sample plot, but work with me here. You're a runaway, or a college student, a homeowner, an addict... The role isn't what is important so much as the idea itself. Through an act of kindness or a cruel twist of fate, our characters have ended up under the same roof, forced to live our lives in tandem. I would like to explore the proximity of two people and how that effects our engagement with one another. Does love naturally blossom, or are any romantic entanglements just a flicker of a flame in the wind? Ultimately, that's what we get to decide.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom