Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Would You Say is Your Niche Here?

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
An interesting question that I thought would get people talking, what type of role do you fulfill or what parts of the site would you associate yourself with? What do you RP about, what do you talk about, the people you talk to, things like that. I want to know what you think is your defining area and what "people" you belong to on Blue Moon. For example, I'd call myself in the fandom and fantasy niche on this site, fulfilling a role of doing fandom RPs and fantasy RPs. I also a role in talking about RP and how it works. The ins and outs of RP, what makes it satisfying, and other very pertinent questions.

Feel free to list it off.

I guess I'm largely a Lurker.

Sure, I pop up occasionally in threads such as this, and I take part in a few Forum Games...but I'm not big on joining every single chat group or thread that's out there.

For stories - I'm more of a OC Modern type of writer. I can do other genres - SciFi, Fantasy, Historical - but most of my current stories are Modern Day settings, and I'm fine with that.

I write mainly for my own fulfilment - but if others feel that writing with me can help them improve (and a few partners over the years have told me that), then I'm more than happy to oblige.

I'm the guy who confirms that group interest threads aren't MxM-friendly and complains about ghosting when I'm not busy RPing because... well, yeah.

Eclectic? No particular writing niche, except OCs. Artsy but not seriously aesthetic. Pictures of bugs and other weird things. Unnecessarily wary of RTs and F-lists. I snoop on other peopleโ€™s journals more than their RP threads, but I nevertheless have great taste in writing partners. I like to talk and can be a little bit of a know-it-all, but Iโ€™m working on toning that down, lol.

I probably fit into a GM/DM niche, so many of my RPs consist of me writing out the obstacles and tribulations of my partner's characters while I jump around between all the characters they interact with and fill in the details of the world they explore.

I'm also probably a pretty big lurker out of RPs, popping into threads every so often to comment but more of just reading through the interesting ones.

5odqwx.jpg

A fandom niche. What fandom you ask? Bakugan Battle Brawlers. Iโ€™ve had a few rpโ€™s going except each one has either ended up in my partner posting interest or getting their account deleted. :โ€™)

I don't search for rp, just writing with an old partner on the side, so, I don't know if I'd call it filling a niche. But I write urban fantasy and paranormal romance, OC.

I also have a passion for standing up for creative autonomy, all rpers being free to enjoy this hobby in any way they see fit and their ability to feel safe and comfortable. I am probably viewed as a "dog with a bone" by some, by challenging the practice of shaming people for how they enjoy rp and defending people's individual right to ghost. So, I lurk for the most part, but you'll summon me if you publicly denigrate and shame people for their personal choices in regards to this hobby.

Ah, what the hell. I wilk participate. I think almost anyone here can say that snek is into weird stuff...and they wouldn't be lying.

From sentient beasts and magnificent creatures and big insects to completely alien creatures that might even resemble biblical angels or cosmic "horrors", I am into that weird stuff. Even more when my partner can balance the species with human sentience. From the excited and highly loyal doggy to the godly yet caring cosmic entity. It is so satisfying to play with such people. Of course, only against those creatures. I am only into playing against such creatures tho. So yeah, the weird guy, definitely

A fandom niche. What fandom you ask? Bakugan Battle Brawlers. Iโ€™ve had a few rpโ€™s going except each one has either ended up in my partner posting interest or getting their account deleted. :โ€™)
Wow, BB really brings me back. I replayed the DS game recently as a way to relive my childhood, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't get into anime because of it.

For me it would be a plot based on the Shin Megami Tensei or Persona series, I finally began to play Vanilla 5 on the side, as well as the PSP remake of 1...the main problem of getting someone to write with a prompt like this is that I don't find Slice Of Life too terribly fun most of the time, but I lowkey love the Social Link/Confidant System? So it would be interesting to develop one.

I do fit the Fate/ niche, however. :)

This an interesting question and I was contemplating how to answer but now I guess I'm just the guy who forgot his old password. This is incredibly awkward.

I honestly can't say what my niche is. My interests vary based on the RP. I guess I would have to say I am an accessible helpful lurker type.

I think I may be one of the last female RPers who does plot-heavy Tolkien stuff. Like, deep cut Tolkien. Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, extrapolating little snippets from the supplement texts into overly-detailed and convoluted OC plots...

After the Amazon show drops though, I think the other Tolkien peeps will come back. Oh yes, they'll be back...

I am the one that posts shitty memes, all kinds of ideas from wholesome milfs to hard BDSM orientation play futa, and generally a person that is weird

I like mostly Contemporary settings, real people who are thrown into some crazy situation and have to work through it. I like story rather than just kink/smut even if my idea is based around somethings sexual. I like the characters to be at odds with what they are doing or thinking about doing. That is kind of my thing. My ideas vary a great deal and I can be diverse in my interests. Fandom is a definite no go zone for me though.

Back
Top Bottom