Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Devotion Like None Other (1x1 W/PoisonousIvee)

"N...No...! N-Not really...!" He said, "J-Just...i-it's not right, for me to see you in this state...! I-I'm no better than an ant...!"

She laughed. "You mock me and question my judgement at every turn, but when I want to bathe with you, then I'm your goddess? You confuse me, Derek.."

She made a noise and changed back into a woman. "Derek, if I didn't want your company I would not have stuck around this long."

"Th-That's not what I'm trying to say.." He said, still not looking at her, "Regardless of how I may mock you or become dissatisfied with your actions...you're still a God, and I shouldn't see you in such a state...I will never be worthy enough for that.."

"I..." He sank a little, "Well, my mentor said that I would never be worthy...that I should only be a champion in your name...I'm nothing to you except a tool.."

"I see.." she said. "Well, should a tool not have multiple uses? Not just a single use.. and besides, you would listen to your mentor over me? That seems a little silly, if I'm going to be honest.." she said. "I understand that your teachings may be hard to forget, all I ask is that you try.. I would like to be.. closer, Derek.."

His face turned a darker red, "I am not a worthy lover..." He muttered, "Wouldn't you be better off finding another God...?"

"Oh, they're all boring.." she said. "Not much fun if they're so full of themselves that they expect you to do all the work.. besides, a surprising amount in the pantheon actually took human lovers at one time or another.."

His nerve was gone. He had been with plenty of women, a couple men too, but they were equal to him. She was higher than he would ever hope to achieve even in death and she was asking to be with him? How could he? It was a lot to take in.

Back
Top Bottom