Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sex and Intrigue on the Orient Express

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
I'm looking to create a setting where people can create characters of varying style and complexity and insert them onto the famed Orient Express along the characters of others. This will be the route from Paris to Istanbul for our purposes, though some characters could start from London. Encounters can range from simple sexual liaisons, to international espionage. Perhaps even murder (though I would likely create a character or two as victims rather than you kind people killing each other off). The nature of a train trip allows for characters to come and go which lends itself well to the nature of group RPs from my experience.

I am leaning towards having it take place in the 1930's so lots of potential geopolitical stuff and no cell phones. I don't have a lot of rules or anything at this point but am mainly looking to gauge interest. I believe the trip took about six days, so could be of limited duration but if we find we like it, we can always head back in the other direction to keep things going or even introduce different characters to freshen things up.

WL_ORIENT_EXPRESS.jpg

As this will be largely character driven, please feel free to throw out some character ideas here in the request thread. They can be rough and preliminary but can help drive interest from others and for the rest of us begin to form some complimentary characters. If you want to keep some aspects of your character 'secret' but considered in the overall plot, you are welcome to PM me.

@Sensual I suspect it will take us a little while to get things off the ground, and you can also have your character get on the train in one of the other cities if we get started before you are ready. It would still be good to have an idea of a character once you have one.

One possible idea I had in mind, early stages...perhaps a scholar who's a former (?) soldier/or active secret operative

Sounds promising. I think what would work well for this would be to have a public persona as shown in your character sheet, but also a private motivation or mission that you would only share with me. Ideally we would have a mouse or two and maybe a few cats for the proverbial game of cat and mouse on the trip. I will largely play the train's staff, conductor, some porters and stuff.

Aight I'm torn and need to crowdsource some opinions. Which concept do y'all like better: a Coco Chanel-type fashion designer (who possibly creates fetishwear as a side hustle), or a Josephine Baker/Mata Hari sort of exotic dancer, who probably has romantic ties to some powerful people who may or may not end up dead through the course of the story? Really not sure which would fit the theme of the story better...

Aight I'm torn and need to crowdsource some opinions. Which concept do y'all like better: a Coco Chanel-type fashion designer (who possibly creates fetishwear as a side hustle), or a Josephine Baker/Mata Hari sort of exotic dancer, who probably has romantic ties to some powerful people who may or may not end up dead through the course of the story? Really not sure which would fit the theme of the story better...

ooh…I like the second a touch bit more myself

Would your dancer be inspired to perform for the other passengers, perhaps after dinner in the dinning car? That would be fun, if you can write a decent dance routine. Nothing like making one's self the focus of desire among powerful men (and/or women).

I could also see demoing some fetishware along the way, perhaps using the distraction to be in the right place to overhear some bits of useful information.

Tough choice, but those are my perspectives on the two.

I don't imagine the train would have necessarily hired her as entertainment, but you know how showbiz folks are. Always have to be the center of attention. I'm sure there would be some excuse for her to start dancing on a table at some point, especially if we can get some musicians up in this business. I think her main goal would be to eventually break into movies though. Or if there aren't any Hollywood types on the train, then she can settle for getting a new sugar daddy/mama. Either/or.

Have you started thinking about a profile skeleton you'd like peeps to use @xavierrol ? Filling one of those out usually helps me work out the rest of the details for a character.

@Shiva the Cat I do not have a specific format, if you have one that has worked well for you, I'm happy to follow suit. I tend to ask for fairly limited information as it seems more natural to not know too many details about a character as the story starts.

Required by Bluemoon:
Character Name and Age.

I suggest as a minimum:

Description and/or Faceclaim

Limits

Kinks

Bio: This is where I think it is good to limit it to your character's "public" persona or reputation. If your character is secretly working for the Gestapo, I'm not sure why it should be in your public persona. It would be helpful to tell me of any secret missions or assignments in private message and I may well provide 'intelligence' of varying degrees of value and accuracy based upon that status.

=================

Right now, I don't really see the critical mass of interest in this idea. It may well be that some character information provided by each of you may help generate interest. I think we probably need at least two others, that is assuming @Shiva the Cat and @Vinaein are both in.

Vin and I are pretty scary, to be fair 😉

You are both solid writers from what I have seen. I still think the idea has potential but probably needs about 2 more people to make a real go of it. We can keep it on people's radar and see what happens.

Oh, this sounds interesting! I’ve got somewhat of a character in mind - A secretary to a notable Italian military contractor, tagging along with her boss as he makes the trip

Oh, this sounds interesting! I’ve got somewhat of a character in mind - A secretary to a notable Italian military contractor, tagging along with her boss as he makes the trip
Sounds promising.

What do you all think of privately setting one player up as the 'rabbit', another as the 'fox' and the rest as sort of the Briar Patch, providing either some small helps or acts of betrayal either intentionally or unintentionally. Both the hunter and the hunted might use some level of seduction to glean information or buy favors.

What do you all think of privately setting one player up as the 'rabbit', another as the 'fox' and the rest as sort of the Briar Patch, providing either some small helps or acts of betrayal either intentionally or unintentionally. Both the hunter and the hunted might use some level of seduction to glean information or buy favors.
Depending on the main conflict of the story, I could def see that working. Are we playing this pretty much as a murder mystery, with characters (NPC or not) getting killed occasionally while our characters try to figure out who the culprit is? Or is there some bigger story hook at play?

Also, I think Imma use Louise Brooks as a face claim. If y'all prefer art as opposed to photography, then it's gonna take me a bit longer to dig something up.

Depending on the main conflict of the story, I could def see that working. Are we playing this pretty much as a murder mystery, with characters (NPC or not) getting killed occasionally while our characters try to figure out who the culprit is? Or is there some bigger story hook at play?

Also, I think Imma use Louise Brooks as a face claim. If y'all prefer art as opposed to photography, then it's gonna take me a bit longer to dig something up.

Louise Brooks, eh? I'd say she's one of my biggest celebrity crushes ever, but that might be opening a Pandora's Box

I was thinking more of geopolitical intrigue, collecting information, perhaps abduction and interrogation and let's not forget some good old fashioned seduction. My thought is the various players have their loyalties and secrets and others try to find them out and/or thwart them. I think that would be more interesting than a murder. However it is a bit more complicated, I think some players should have a secret faction they are serving, be they fascists, communists, or allies or others. Obviously they are going to be enemies and each has secrets of value to the other factions. Other players can just be colorful or famous entities that might learn things and pass them on either intentionally or by accident.

Definitely prefer photos, so Louise is fantastic. She has an interesting persona as well, are you playing her or just the face claim?

Throwing my hat in the ring, since this idea has delightful potential and spans about six days. For your consideration - my proposed Character:

Character Name and Age: Leonard (Leo) Benjamin, Esquire. 36 years old
Face Claim: Luke Evans
a783fc811258d76dc88574ae858b401b.jpg f899dbbe4afa1c7182e5381ad4cb727b.jpg b489985091df12e1ad3b58e80bbf8129.jpg eaf73d1197263ebf6006d7e31fe74a9a.jpg

Description: Tall, lean, and debonair, Leo is very careful in his use of words and how he presents himself in public. He knows that first impressions sometimes is the measurement of success or failure, and so tends to reserve his opinions to himself. He speaks with a British accent that shows signs of having been across the pond, and his attire reflects a blend of suave upper crust educated society and the working class of the Americas.

• Scat
  • vore
  • incest
  • toilet related kinks
  • disfigurement/dismemberment

• restraints, either with hands or rope/scarves/cuffs
  • biting, pinching, slapping, scratching
  • rough, fast, hard sex
  • gentle, tender, love-making sex
  • the taboo
  • innuendos
  • oral sex
  • hair grabbing
  • breath play
  • undressing/dressing each other
  • semi-public sex
  • outdoors
  • blindfolds
  • gloves, leather, and touching through clothing
  • tearing clothes
  • the threat of knives (dragging them lightly across skin, holding against throat)
  • name-calling, using curse words, rough talk
  • physical seduction of a reluctant partner (body wants it, mind doesn't)

Bio: Leo was born in England and lived there until the age of eight, when a messy and unresolved divorce took him and his mother to the Americas. He lived in Boston with extended family, eventually gaining a scholarship to school that led him back to the University of Cambridge, where he studied law and economics. Soon after he was picked up by the legal firm Brooks & Banksy, a London-based company that is procuring factories in the East to manufacture fabrics and metals, seeing a boom now that the Great Depression is over and there are no foreseeable wars ahead. Little do they know.

Since Leo is very reserved in what he reveals, more details about his personality and quirks will be revealed in the role play.

Definitely prefer photos, so Louise is fantastic. She has an interesting persona as well, are you playing her or just the face claim?

I'm just borrowing her face lol. Let's go with the below as far as actual character goes:

Name: Estella Devereaux
BLA_Louise_Brooks.jpg
Louise-Brooks-louise-brooks-39103087-500-636.jpg
e53308bfd109e86df8e05147ab00ecce.jpg

Description: Tall and lank, Estella moves with the grace of a dancer and the sparkle of a debutante. Her clothes are expensive, but anyone with an eye for fashion can see they're slightly out of trend, and almost never brand-new. Her hair and makeup are flawless though, and she does seem to posses a few high-quality pieces of jewelry. Although her name is French her accent is not, and people have difficulty identifying her exact country of origin by sound alone.

Limits and Kinks (F-list)

Bio: Estella's early life is unknown, but she first appeared as a Ziegfeld Girl in New York in the mid-1920s. From there she attempted to expand her Broadway career, often appearing in gossip columns with scandalous ties to various directors and producers. Later she appeared as a solo act in the nightclubs of Paris, London, and Berlin, although it is a known fact that what the showgirl really wants is to become a famous movie star. Alas, despite being a gifted singer and dancer, Estella never quite got the hang of acting, and as her age is beginning to creep upward she finds herself getting more and more desperate to get her big break.

@xavierrol if the above works, I'll PM you some extra Super Secret Details about her

@Shiva the Cat @Traveler Great characters, very nice.

@Vinaein @Queen Trish If you two are both in I think we have enough to leave the figurative station with this thing. I look forward to seeing your character ideas in similar detail as those above. As a reminder, please keep the secret stuff secret for now. I intend to have a PM conversation with each character where we can maintain those details.

I intend to play the staff of the Express and any other NPC's that you may want to supplement your characters and sort of fill out any gaps that need filled. Ideally, this is more a character based story so I'm counting on all of your to interact with each other at least as much with the NPCs so I don't burn out on this thing.

I could be ready to start boarding passengers this weekend if we have the four solid characters I'm looking for to start. More are still welcome. @Sensual and any others with similar ideas.

@xavierrol Thank you! I'm looking forward to this. Character interaction is one of my favorite things, along with plotting behind the scenes. (Rubs hands together and chuckles evilly.)

I'll keep an eye out for updates. This weekend sounds like a nice time to get on board.

2pnqk3a0wg831.jpg
8d6ae8ed0214fd70f795725181fe0783.jpg

Name: Aleksander Janos Zelenski von Krolock

Description: Tall and slender, lean and muscled, moving with the grace of a predatory cat. Aleksander is a man of wealth and taste, bedecked in noble clothing with a handsome and narrow face. Old fashioned in dress, gloved and garbed in black and white after European nobility. He speaks with a curious lack of accent, or rather he seems to adopt that of those about him when necessary, a far cry from the natural Eastern European one he possesses. Though his face can seem severe, he brightens at his smile, his eyes an intense black

Bio: Aleksander was from the ranks of eastern nobility. Never was he intended to be the heir to his family fortune or titles and yet the Great War saw the land ravaged. His three brothers died in the fighting, while Aleksander was sent to the lines, behind the front at an all-too-young age, where he became one of numerous child soldiers. Surviving the war with the family fortune intact, Aleksander was later betrayed by a friend and left for dead before he had even turned twenty. Returning in debt to and as an agent of several shadowy agencies, he aims to fulfill whatever purposes he must to obtain his own justice and see himself rid of the debts that plague him to recover his own life and the freedoms he desires.

Limits:
  • Scat
  • vore
  • incest
  • toilet related kinks
  • disfigurement/dismemberment

Kinks:
  • Discipline, bondage and restraints, breath play, choking
  • Roughness
  • biting, scratching
  • Affection/Aftercare
  • Clothed sex