Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Asking for RT help

OneThingToAnother

The Unsundered
Heyo!
I'm still in complete construction of my RT's, so neither are really a point of reference right now, but I want to ask some help of our community on what I can take into consideration to make them better.

Things like:
What do you always have in your RT
What do you feel make RT's look better
How to structure them
And so on and so forth.

My latest under Fx M or NB is what I'm currently working with, I know it's a bit bland, but I wanted to post it last night already, in case someone would be interested. But even as we speak I'm working on extra things to put in it.

Thanks for the help!

Mine is probably a mess as I only display a few ideas at any one time.

I always state I like story line and not just smut.
I like a basic structure without too many demands or rules as I don't believe anyone pays much heed anyway and it just makes the Requester look difficult.

Here are my tips:

- Make it small and digestible. Big walls of text will deter people. (Yes, even literate partners often won't want to read 3k words just to discern compatibility.)
- Talk about your style and what you value most in a partner.
- The broader your interests, the more people that will approach you. This is a double-edged sword so find your own balance.
- Its usually x10 better to include plots than pairings and kink lists. Maybe that's just my opinion, though.
- If you include plots, its better to have them vague and incomplete to entice people to come up with their own take. Writing a fully developed plot can make others feel like they're following your script.
- Make your words reflect your own personality and style. Its always a plus when readers get to see a side of you because many will want some sort of rapport with their partners.
- Graphics, colors, and fonts are all non-essential. Worry about them last.
- You can find sample templates here.

If you need any further specific help don't hesitate to message me 🀍

Last edited:
@Forbidden Fruit has amazing suggestions.

One additional thing I’ve noticed is that I am much more likely to respond to a RT that is positive in tone - what you like, what you want, what you’re willing to do (basically general enthusiasm) - than long lists of things you hate/don’t want/will reject.

I tend to bypass everything and go straight to the plots as that is what really matters. It also saves me time if there aren't any plots there!

Don't choose fonts that are difficult to see or read.

Don't choose text colours that almost blend right into the background/are hard to read.

Try and avoid stating obvious things like "No ghosting!" It's going to happen, no one likes it and you can't do anything about it.

Talk about what you like to explore ie smut or story, character motivations and types etc

Always be honest about what you want as it will come out in the end. If you want smut fests that say it, if you want epic novella posts than say that. Nothing worse than finding someone you think you will work well with and then they do the ol' bait and switch when you start playing. Just wastes everyone's time.

Thanks everyone already for the suggestions! I'm for sure taking all of these into it!
Feel free to add more when you think of them!

I think @Forbidden Fruit has got most of it. For me it boils down to "What information are you trying to get across?" and "How easy is it for the other person to get to that information?" The how not to do those is easier than how to, if that makes.

So if some puts a pairings list of lets "fisherman x mermaid", I have no idea what that means. Are they looking for an R-rated version of a Disney movie or does the fisherman make a living by selling produce to a very exotic meat market? Could be anything.

And if you've got a 100 different ideas that's fine, but who's going to read through 100 fully fleshed out ideas? So throw everything behind spoilers to save room but who's going to click on 100 spoiler tags to read all of your ideas in the hope that one of them clicks? Or click through 100 image links to look at images you've linked to your stories?

Sometimes less is more and sometimes less isn't enough, it's finding a balance that works for you.

So if some puts a pairings list of lets "fisherman x mermaid", I have no idea what that means. Are they looking for an R-rated version of a Disney movie or does the fisherman make a living by selling produce to a very exotic meat market? Could be anything.
I find Pairing only RT's to be a drag for the same reason. Mother x Son, so they go for drive to the country, Devonshire Tea and a visit to the local markets? Oh... you mean you want them to... oh....

I'm being a smart arse as I know all the parings are sexual but for someone like myself who enjoys story, the variations are still infinite even if retaining the X rated factors.

I just finished my first "draft" pass at a request thread and I saw this post so your question really hit home for me.

The philosophy I have in creating and advertisement is similar to the direction I'd take or the tactics I'd employ for ANY kind of search. For example, if I'm looking for a long-term life partner I'd probably write something different than what I'd put on Tinder for a one-night stand. Does that make sense? In the same vein / respect if I were trying to hire a new employee I'd want to make sure that person PRE-SCREENED himself so that all of the onus isn't on me. Right? So I'm going to put a few CRITICAL points of information up-front that are NON-NEGOTIABLE and INTEGRAL to the position and the right candidate. Does that make sense?

That having been said, I settled on a few key things about myself: the gender I identify with, my age, my posting frequency, my preferred mediums for posting, my literacy level, my expectations of a writing partner, a few important preferences, a few "deal-breakers", some abridged version of my F-List ons and offs, and some hook, line, sinker PLOT HOOKS that are just loose enough to spark some interest in a potential partner / collaborator.

I hope this helps OP!!!! Best of luck in your search!!!!

Brent

Back
Top Bottom