Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trön's salvation

smilingshadow

I was a phoenix, but I've gone up in flames now
Withdrawn
CHAPTER 1​

He feared this very situation, his fears deep founded and rooted in that, his doom would come at his own hands, not by a cursed motive, rather due to the most angelic of thoughts.

Tormented by years of suffering, pain and agony of living in a body which was young and a mind that was far beyond its limits, having seen immense suffering in the world, Trön's will to live grew weaker. Always misunderstood by his family and used by those he helped, the flame which burned bright within his body, which kept years of darkness at bay, warmed strangers in its gentle heat and lit the path for those frozen and lost on their way to their dreams, that flame was now wavering more than ever. All it needed was just one more gust of despair to extinguish it forever; it finally arrived, silent and deadly.

Walking the path on which "the light" had always shined, even in the darkest of nights, guided by his inner compass, like a migratory crane, his vision and sense of morality never faltered, until that day. His angels were always beside him, guiding him in the darkest nights and punishing his demons on their appearance. But, that fateful day when he had met someone, Lusha, and in hopes of helping her, his path changed.
A year went by helping her, burning his emotional reservoir innumeous times, every situation demanded more from him, and more he gave. Her cries, tears and suffering made him move his hands, his voice, his heart as if in a trance to reach out to them and heal her wounds. He knew not from where that strength, that energy, that will sprouted within Trön's heart, despite an emotionally empty well, the cry of help moved his body and heart to help Lusha. Her rantings used to be soaked by him like a sponge, still encouraging them with a smile, but she never knew how her sadness was absorbing every drop of his own happiness. Like a fountain, his eyes, his voice and his words would provide her the water of encouragement to live, and oh how greedily she drank it all. His angels begun shrinking, their powers lessening.

She was no different than those he had met before, and sworn never to help, because they did not stop, they wanted more. More, more and more.

Their sadness and suffering drew out his own which lay at the bottom of his own will power. Their wants and needs drained his energy and his thoughts, until all that was left was his own suffering in front of his eyes. All he could hear was their pains, with all inner dialogue of his own lent to them, his heart pounded like their words, like their hearts, until...

Having walked a path of constant limit-breaking effort, his helpful nature was turning from ambroisa to poison. His nature which fueled his life, his breath and kept the blood within his body red, now stole his every breath, paralyzed him at night while he dreamed with his eyes open and turned his essence from red to crimson to purple. He burned away so much of his will power and energy in helping Lusha survive, his mind broke numerous times in those lonely nights, when the truth pummeled any logic of his into the ground; the truth that despite he helped so many, he brought so many smiles to people's faces, breathed life into their existence while he himself was choking, he was alone. Always alone, none of those people ever cared to ask him how he felt.

"I'm sure you'll get through it, you're strong after all", were all what they and she all used to say with a complacent grin. Strong. "Strong, be strong". That word began to seep into his veins, like a drug, got his mind addicted to always being strong. That one word dried up all tears that he possessed, dried up his soft skin which would feel pain and dimmed the shine in his eyes, those eyes which could see the light and show it to others. He was slowly turning into the dismangled despair of all those people he had helped, of that stranger that he had helped for a year. Lifeless eyes, hollow smiles and unemotional actions, his existence was reversing itself in ways he himself could not comprehend. In fear of their existence and life, his angels abandoned him, fleeing with utmost abandon, not caring to look back even once to the soul they were assigned to always protect. They fled like the cowards they were, with the limitations they possessed.

"Why do I keep helping her when she doesn't notice anything about me at all? Why am I always there for her, in her darkest moments but she can't even lend an ear when I'm low?" thought Trön. His good and happy demeanor had changed, his eyes had a scary look to them, his stubble now a beard and his hair more dishevelled than before. His smile would make a person shift uncomfortably in their place, strangers would move away from him in public when he would walk. The person who everyone would approach was now avoided and evaded by everyone. His family accused him of being brash, insensitive and rude. Fights were common in his house, and while before they never brought his spirits down, this time his demons were out of their dungeons, free from any kind of logical restraint or good will. With no angel to restrict or bind them, those seven vile creatures crawled from the depths of instinctual and inherent evil to the brightest parts of Trön's mind and heart.

"Why? What wrong did I do? Is it wrong of me to expect things from her? No, it isn't...right? No, maybe I am wrong, maybe I can't ask this of people, of Lusha, of anyone. I ask too much and give too less." Trön's mind would be possessed by his demons in this vicious way every night only to be woken at dawn due to the chirping of the birds. A relief from a torturous nightmare.

"Why aren't you happy? You should smile more. Be positive." came the commentaries of those people. Lusha's words were no better when Trön's explicit mention of his worries were brought to her notice. All of these "encouraging" dialogues fell into his deep, empty emotional reservoir like an anchor in a ravine, landing with a thud each time, cracking the bottom. Trön felt his heart beat a bit weaker as those dialogues would crack his heart's bottom. Anchors were meant for those who couldn't control themselves in the waves and tsunamis of their emotions, but Trön didn't have any. While his demons rejoiced their new found freedom and danced around chanting destructive spells in his mind, they too were ignorant of the fact that this would not last long.

CHAPTER 2​

On the second time, when Trön went to Lusha with a plea of help only to be rejected in every way from being understood or heard, his soul hit rock bottom like never before, except, this time it wasn't only his soul but also his demons. They knew not why they had crashed with him at the bottom, but they ached as much as him. Their bodies ached while his was broken, they couldn't speak while he couldn't think, they couldn't move while he couldn't breathe...they were barely awake while he was unconscious. They found themselves in a pit, deeper than Tartarus', a place beyond hell where the darkness weighed so heavily that even the demons were blind to their surroundings. His shock so deep, it robbed him of any empathy, sympathy, love, care, affection, warmth or compassion. As his soul's flame begin to waver, the demons weren't far from realizing that their own existence was in peril. Being utterly stunned by this incident, for the very first time they found themselves regretting each time they made him suffer. But was it too late?

His soul's flame was getting weaker, his breaths more shallow which made the demons anxious second by second. They gathered around his soul and begun feeding it with their own energy to revive it, but even the combination of their seven energies was able to add any energy to the slowly fading soul of their host. In ultimate desperation, they looked at each other with the same thought and begun feeding him with their life energies with a hope, the demon's hope and wish to bring him back to life. Hard to say whether it was a God/dess who heard them or the Devil, but his soul's flame begun regaining its shape and form. As his eyes opened slightly, Trön saw his demons trying to revive them as they were beginning to slowly fade without their knowledge.

"You needn't..." he said with a smile and a hoarse tone, as he touched one demon's hand. The demon, eyes widened moved back in shock while the others stood there confused. "Did you all forget? Who kept you away from my angels?" he said with a painful and small laugh.
"What?! What do you mean?" he said in a deep, heavy reverberating voice and confusion. "We were the ones who saved ourselves, you foolish mortal" he said with the typical, egositical demonic ego and stubbornness.
"Oh yeah?" Trön said closing his eyes, "who gave you the place to live?" he said looking back at the demon with a serious look and a deep, hoarse voice.

"You all...." he said as he moved his finger a little, with energy seeping into his existence and soul "...are after all parts of me.." he spoke his voice wavering with the same tone as the demon, "...you are not independent...that's why here you all..are.." he said his voice almost like that of the demon's, pausing the other demons from giving their energy, "..reviving me, because...you all realized...didn't you?" he said with a small smirk.

"Ridiculous! Outrageous!!!!" shouted the demons together as they growled angrily.

(To be continued...)

Back
Top Bottom