Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

𝙼𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚢 ( AllThingsCuddly // minou.xi )

Ascensionism

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕥𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕟𝕖𝕨 𝕗𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕙
Name: Jules Bisset
[the following story contains sensitive topics such as mention of abuse. proceed at your own risk]
•••••
It was never easy. It never had been from the start, even before Logan had started with his, to be frank, utter bullshit. And for the life of him, Jules could never understand just where he had gone wrong. They’d been together for at least four and a half years, going on five, and in the beginning, everything had been smooth sailing. Logan had always been the one to comfort him after strangers gave the blonde shit about what he was and had even gotten into fights with any other alpha who even looked at him wrong. Mostly verbal, but it always got physical before long. Before he even knew it, that had pretty much become their relationship.

Everything had started off small. They would have arguments that resulted in tears, Logan would nitpick at every single little detail of Jules’ appearance. And his personality. And the people he chose to be friends with (which was usually excused with, “I just don’t want you to end up like your mother had”, to which the omega had called BS on. His friends never did anything past smoking the occasional joint). Then it started to get to the point to where Logan wouldn’t allow his boyfriend to go and hang out with his friends; he wasn’t able to even start school like he had hoped. Anytime that Jules wasn’t at home, even just for a quick run to get groceries, he would be supervised by the alpha. Before long, their fights became physical. Jules never really had the anger to throw anything, that just wasn’t who he was.

But Logan sure did. The omega could no longer count the number of times his boyfriend had punched a wall or slammed a door, even thrown a plate or a picture frame at Jules’ feet like it wouldn’t have broken. And when that wasn’t enough to get his aggression out, the man would start taking it out on Jules’ body. He knew it wasn’t normal. He knew that the various bruises littering his body weren’t supposed to be there, and the fake remorse in his boyfriend’s voice whenever he apologized shouldn’t have even existed.

Yet still, Jules dealt with it. His friends urged him to leave, being able to see right through the friendly facade and the fake smiles. Even his mother had tried to convince him to leave Logan but it wasn’t that simple. Every time he had tried to pack his bags, he felt overridden with guilt. Even just looking at the suitcase propped up in the closet gave the blonde a weird, nauseous feeling in the pit of his gut.

He was currently waiting to be picked up outside of his apartment complex, shivering lightly in the cool November breeze of Seattle. Since Logan would be out of town for the next two weeks due to a family emergency (or at least, that’s what he’d been told), Jules’ friends had suggested that he take the opportunity to truly get back into the club scene that he loved so much when he was younger, even if it was only for a couple of weekends. As soon as Damon’s old Buick had pulled up to the curb, the blonde jogged over to it and hopped in. It was almost amazing how they were all able to squeeze into such a small car, but then again, everyone in Jules’ little friend group was on the smaller side. They were all omegas (except for Everette, who was a beta), so small frames weren’t uncommon amongst their kind.

“I’m so glad you were finally able to come out!” Marisa practically squealed, wrapping Jules up into a tight hug as he buckled himself in. “Especially without Logan, that’s like, SO rare. Please tell me you have your phone muted so he doesn’t end up ruining your night with his constant texts.”

“He went to bed about an hour ago,” the blonde said rather nervously. Hopefully the alpha would stay asleep. “Time zones and all that. What club did you guys decide on again?”

“Trinity,” Damon piped up from the driver’s seat as he pulled back out into the road, “From what I know they have amazing cocktails and some of the hottest alphas in Seattle go there. We need to find you a new man, Jules.” The blonde laughed sheepishly at that, looking out the window. “You know it’s not that easy to just leave somebody. We’ve been together for so long, it’d be weird.”

“With the way he treats you?” Apparently it was Marisa’s turn to speak. “Jules, I love you, but Logan is so two years ago. I’ll even be your wingman tonight.”

“Have you seen Jules? Like actually looked at him? He’s so pretty that he doesn’t even need a wingman. Makes me wonder why he just settled for Logan.”

“Alright you guys,” the omega said, “Let’s just focus on getting there and getting inside first. One step at a time.”

d31gp4c-05cd4b86-f40c-4e6e-b3e7-843ce6e4631d.jpg

Name: Alfonse "Lonnie" Deranger

Some people are just made to love the night life. Lonnie was definitely one of them. Of course being born into a family that owned and ran almost a hundred night clubs all across the country tended to lend itself to that life style. When a man has been going to night clubs all across the country since he was five - usually only in back rooms while his parents worked - it's no wonder when he becomes a social butterfly. It was one of many traits that set Lonnie apart from his fellow alphas. Not least of which was his pretty face. Some said he was almost too pretty to be an alpha. Before he "bloomed" his parents were almost convinced he would be an omega or maybe even a beta. Joke was on them though.

The other thing that set him apart from most alphas was his size. He had the height of an alpha, standing at 6'4", he was often one of the tallest men in a room, he just packed the sheer bulk of an alpha. He had the muscles and strength and a lot of people underestimated him but what he packed in bulkiness he more than made up for in his tact, speed and accuracy. Plus he had been learning to scrap since he was five as well. When your parents make billions - with a b - a year from their lucrative night club business, it's almost expected that people are going to mess with you. In fact there was that one time when he was almost kidnapped but he managed to save himself because of all the training his parents had put him through.

That was a long time ago though. Now Lonnie still enjoyed the night life, in fact he spent as much time at night clubs just for fun as he did for work, but he was starting to take a more methodical approach to them. Or rather, he was starting to take a larger part on the company business. He personally had now opened three different clubs, from start through remodel all the way up to grand opening night. Yeah, there was a lot more work behind the scenes than he ever gave his parents credit for. He had thought with their level of income that they paid people to do all the heavy lifting - and they did technically, on the literal side but figuratively they liked to oversee each new project personally.

This particular club that he was at tonight was called Trinity and it was the first club he had ever seen from start to finish. It had been a bit of a fight to get the land and the proper permits. The man that owned the land had heard of Lonnie's family and their reputation and he had been reluctant to sell. His parents told him the man was just trying to get him to offer more money but Lonnie had a sense for people and when he spoke with the man he had a feeling that wasn't the case. In fact he was able to figure out that the reason the man didn't want to sell was because the land had been in his family for generations and he didn't want their name sake to just disappear. The man's last name had been Trinity. That was the difference between Lonnie and a lot of uptight business moggles. Instead of throwing more money at something to get the results he wanted, he found a better solution that let him and those he did business with sleep better at night. That was five years ago and Trinity was now the thriving center of a formerly run down area of Seattle. Lonnie enjoyed coming here and soaking in his success.

Tonight he wasn't working. Tonight he was just here to enjoy himself.

"Ok, I've got a bet for you." Shawn's voice dragged him out of his reminiscing and he looked over at his friend.

Another odd thing about Lonnie; instead of surrounding himself with rich, powerful alphas like his parents had expected, he usually befriended the outcasts and rejects. The betas and occasionally omegas that most people wouldn't even look twice at. He was a very supportive friend and so far none of his friends had ever tried to take advantage of his money but they all knew that if they had and money problems he would lend a hand. He had even invested in a couple of their start-up companies for a much smaller return on investment than his lawyers had advised. He wanted to help them, not give them hand outs, and they seemed to appreciate that. It showed that he respected them as people and wanted to see them succeed.

Because of this, his friends often didn't have as much money as he did and he had so much money that it didn't matter to him so when his friend mentioned a bet, he knew that would entail some kind of act or public display that nine times out of ten would be humiliating. There were no limits to the things they would bet against each other. Really they were more like dares because they pretty much always went through with them.

"Alright, let's hear it." Lonnie said, fixing his warm smile and sparkling eyes on the beta next to him.

"I bet you three body shots that you won't go up to the next guy that walks in the door and kiss him. Full on the lips."

"Three body shots, huh?" Lonnie asked, looking his friend over. "So if I don't go kiss the next random guy that walks in the door, I have to take three body shots, or you take the body shots? I just want to make sure I understand what I'm agreeing to here."

"If you don't kiss the next guy that walks in, you have to take three body shots..." he glanced around and Lonnie just raised an eyebrow, grinning. "Off that guy over there." he didn't so much point as nod his head in a direction.

Lonnie glanced over in the direction the man had indicated and he didn't need to ask for clarification. The man in question looked like he had no right to be in a night club. He was probably ninety years old, balding and... Was he sleeping? How could anyone sleep through the strobing lights and constant 'thump thump' of the base in here?

"Ok, I doubt I could even convince that guy to let me do body shots off him. He would probably give me some kind of lecture about whipper snappers." He shook his head and chuckled. Then he stood and tossed back the Scotch he had been drinking. "Alright, let's see who tonight's lucky winner is." He winked at Shawn and the pulled a breath freshener strip from the inside pocket of his jacket and popped it into his mouth. Instantly the cool and refreshing taste of peppermint filled his mouth as he made his way across the club towards the front entrance.

This was the sort of club that didn't have a dress code but Lonnie liked his suits. They were always custom tailored and made him look suave and sophisticated. It was almost as though he were born to wear them - which in some ways he was. Tonight the suit he wore was a little more casual since he was here to enjoy himself. The skin tight black shirt he wore made it obvious that he was well toned and the open jacket was casual and classy in a deep red wine color. The pants matched the jacket and we're a custom made piece that had the names of every in his family owned in cursive writing.

He walked with a gait that said he was sure of himself and his place in the world. As he approached a the front entrance a small group of people entered and at their head was a petite omega. He was cute too, with platinum blonde hair that was almost white but all natural, ice blue eyes that had a haunted quality to them and a look that said he had a sassy personality when allowed to shine just right. In other words, he was just the kind of omega he liked taking home with him.

The joke was on Shawn tonight.

When he reached the small group, he didn't bother to say anything or even to introduce himself. Instead he walked straight up to the blond that had clearly entered first. He pressed one possessive hand to the back of the omega's neck then leaned in and pressed their lips together, sharing his month flavor with the smaller man. It wasn't just a small peck on the lips either. Oh no, this had to be done right. He pressed their lips so tightly together it was almost like he were trying to suck the air out of the man. He did not, however, force his tongue into the man's mouth, as much as he wanted to.

Then he pulled away and in the dim night of the club he met the man's gaze and said, "Welcome to Club Trinity." Then he slipped his business card out of the interior pocket of his jacket before slipping it into the man's back pocket, taking the opportunity to give his ass a small little squeeze. "Call me later." Then he turned and walked away, strolling back through the club to take his spot beside Shawn.

His eyes never left the blonde, whose name he didn't even know.

Elegant was one of many words that could be used to describe Jules. Every movement he made had a certain gracefulness to it, not to mention the delicate features of his body; it was fairly obvious that his family carried good genes, even if he had been born an omega. No one really expected to see the tattoo on his shoulder (or the one on his hip, but that was typically hidden under his clothes) or the titanium rings that adorned his pale skin, but all of it only seemed to add to the allure. It also helped him stand out in a crowd and amongst his little group of friends. That was how he’d managed to get Logan’s attention at first, after all.

The blonde quickly shook that thought away before gazing out of the car window. Now wasn’t the time to be thinking of him— he was supposed to be having the night of his life right now. It didn’t take long for their little entourage to make it to their destination, especially considering traffic. Living downtown could be considered both a blessing and a curse— it was nice being close to everything he needed, but sometimes traffic could be ridiculously god-awful. The line wasn’t too much of a bother to get through considering how long it had been when they first arrived. After showing the bouncer his ID and paying the cover fee, Jules headed inside, leading his group for once rather than follow behind them. He hadn’t even noticed the man coming towards the entrance of the club, too caught up in the flashing lights and the thumping bass, until he began approaching the group.

He didn’t have even a second to react before he felt a pair of lips being pressed against his.

To say that Jules was shocked was an understatement. If he hadn’t been surrounded by his friends at that moment and had been properly introduced to this man, he might have kissed back. The man was attractive, tall, and clearly filled to the brim with confidence for pulling off such a bold move. The blonde couldn’t remember the last time he had ever felt a kiss so passionate, and yet he still stood rigid, icy blues wide in astonishment. By scent and height alone he could tell that this was an alpha— though in a crowded nightclub, it could be somewhat hard to tell. When the other man pulled back, Jules’ eyes were still wide, and if he hadn’t been so stunned he probably would have slapped him right across the face for the way his ass had been grabbed. All he could do was stare as the alpha walked away.

What the hell was that?

Clearly his friends had been shocked, as well, because they were all silent for a good minute. Then, Marisa gently placed her hand on his shoulder. “Jules…are you okay?” she asked, “We can go to a different club if you want to—.”

The blonde shook his head, half in response and to try to ground himself. “I’m, uh…I’m fine, we don’t have to leave. We just got here.” With that, he began to lead them over to the bar, eyes idly wandering around the crowd to see if he could find the man from before. For the first time in what felt like forever, there weren’t any thoughts of his boyfriend across the country…and Jules couldn’t lie and say he was willing to risk it all by calling the alpha. As he was waiting for his vodka cranberry to be made, he reached into the back pocket of his black, high waisted jeans before pulling out the card that had been placed there.

“Alfonse Deranger, huh…”

“Did he seriously put his /business card/ in your back pocket?” Damon snorted, “You gonna call him?”

Jules shrugged, “Call him? Right now? It’s way too loud in here for that.” He’d made up his mind, and as he began to punch the number into his texting app, Marisa was practically squealing.

“Oh my god Jules, you are such a slut!” she giggled, “Good fucking riddance, Logan!”

At first, the blonde had opted for a simple < hey >, but was it too simple? After sending the first, short message, he began to type again.

< so, do you usually go up and kiss strangers like that? >

For a fraction of a moment, Lonnie wondered if he had gone too far with his kiss. He would hate to have someone go online and write a scathing review that said that Club Trinity allowed such people in that would walk up to strangers and kiss them for no reason. It's not like there would be any way to monitor said happenings, it's not like the bouncers knew who was dating whole or whatever. But he had given the man his business card. A simple google search of the name would tell the omega all he needed to know: the man that had just sexually assaulted him was the owner of the club. Now that could be taken as sexual harassment. His lawyers would sweep it under the rug, as they usually did with his scandals, but it could publicly hurt his image.

"You lucky dog, you. I was hoping it would be some fat ugly guy but you got lucky. Why did you come back over here?" Shawn asked with a grin.

Lonnie shrugged. "I didn't want to put the guy on the spot. Besides, he was so stunned he probably didn't have time to react to me. If I stuck around he probably would have punched me or something." His confession only made Shawn laugh hard.

"Mr. Deranger, sir, there's a call for you in the main office." The new voice was unexpected but familiar. Glancing around he was easily able to locate James, his personal assistant. The man was dedicated and diligent. Even though Lonnie often urged the man to take time off, he was almost always at his side, even if unseen.

He nodded his head to Shawn, silently telling his friend that he would be back. As he stood he cast his gaze around. From the private booth he and Shawn were sitting at, they had a great view of pretty much the entire club while simultaneously hiding in a dark corner of the establishment. No one would find him here unless they knew where to look for him. He was, however, able to spot the blonde he ambush kissed and saw him staring at his phone.

He made his way back into the main office and picked up the phone to find one of his main suppliers on the line. As he spoke with them his personal cell phone chimed and he pulled it out. It was a single word message from an unknown number. It was so generic that he was about to ignore it. For all he knew it was a wrong number or someone just texting a random number.

But then the second message appeared and his lips tugged up into a smile. He cradles the landline phone between his ear and shoulder and began to type a reply with both hands.

Any other alpha would probably use this time to lie and say something about how he never did things like that and I
Really felt something for the omega. A younger version of himself might have said that, so eager for tail. But little Lonnie had matured in the last five years and he was, to out it bluntly, more honest than that. So he opted for the truth.

< I'm surprised you messaged me. Honestly, no I don't do things like that. My friend dared me to kiss the next guy that walked in the door, I won the lottery with you though. >

He sent the message and the half heartedly answered a few questions for his distributor before deciding to up his game a little.

< What are the odds that I could buy you a drink and properly introduce myself? >

Back
Top Bottom