Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Take my love... (skating_babe/Nyoko)

skating_babe

Super-Earth
A year had passed since the war. Aaryn was still unsure of why he was left alive when most all of his friends and team had died but there was something about him that screamed 'I am not done yet'. His tall frame was thin, seemingly wirey but muscles were hidden under his skin, his eyes shining a bright blue, hair a scruffy and mussed blonde-brown colour. He looked around the planet he'd landed at before he walked forward to the bar, a small bar he generally avoided.

As the noise swam around him he smiled and ordered his usual drink, sipping it as he sat right there at the bar, his messy greying clothing hiding what he was, at least it seemed to until you spotted his brown coat. People were beginning to stare but one or two conversations kept on, all dropping away after a pause. One conversation was left, the drunken man's voice ringing out.

"Gorramn mercs... this one's the most dangerous. A woman of all things."

Aaryn paused, waiting for a name, none come and the conversation skidded to a halt as Aaryn approached the table. "Excuse me... I couldn't help hearin' you'd been done by a merc... got anything else as to what she might be hidin'?"

"Naw."

"Shame... where were you at the time?"

"Planet just two-west of here."

"Thank you sir." Aaryn rose and ordered the man a drink, striding out of the bar and back towards his ship, glad of the piloting and general mechanics skill he had, although most of his crew had left recently after his latest scuffle. He needed someone to guide him in the big wide someplace... he figured this merc might do the job, and a little female company wouldn't go amiss.

A silence met him when he strode out into the new marketplace. People seemed to scurry past, his brown-coat left behind although this rendered his marks and scars out in the open, making him look just a little rough. He paused at a bar, listening to the voices, sensing a female presence thanks to the lack of cussing at the bar.

He strode in and made his way toward the "woman" wondering if he had the right lady.

Elizabeth was up at the bar, trying to find out some information on any new job she could get. Jobs were hard to come by these days, and the fact that she insisted on wearing her brown coat, some didn't like that. Still she was never a person to care what others thought about her. It had been a year since the war, and sometimes she still felt like she was there.

She leaned over her drink, glancing at the man next to her, he was drunk. He also happened to be the man she was trying to get a job from. Her fist slammed on the desk, "Dammit Jack, do you have a job for me or not?" Jack just drank more and shrugged, "Ask me tomorrow..." He grumbled.

She gave a long sigh and finished off her drink, "I don't have till tomorrow Jack. Forget it." She growled and turned around in her seat, resting her back against the counter. For a second she thought she was seeing things, but it seemed someone was standing right in front of her, and not just anyone...

"Aaryn?"

She said with a puzzled look, staring at him intensely. This couldn't be him, she hadn't seen Aaryn since the war....

The surprise was just as evident in his eyes as he smirked. "Well, look who it is." His voice held something that it hadn't before, some kind of warmth there now. He recognised her, of course he did, they'd been in the war together. Of course he'd since thought she was dead, clearly he was wrong. Still his voice came warmer as he nodded to the man at the bar, sending him on his way. "How've you been Liz?" He knew she tended to hate the name but he was hardly givin' her full name to Jack and the other idiots.

"I thought you were dead?"

After a pause he shrugged a little.

"I hear you right? You huntin' for a job?"

Elizabeth paused for a moment, having to collect her thoughts and recover from the shock of seeing him alive. Soon the feeling passed and she watched him as he sat down. "Good to see you." She smiled warmly at him. This would be a shock to anyone that knew her post-war, she never smiled, but Aaryn had always brought the best out of her.

"Obviously I'm not." She said, still smiling, "I'm always looking for a job, but suddenly that doesn't seem to be the most important thing at the moment." She had to know what happened to him after the war, her mind going crazy with questions.

"Not important? You lookin' to starve yourself then Liz?" His smirk was clear as he watched her, clearly somewhat entranced by her, glad to see her probably if nothing else. She had been a big part of his life during the war, as she watched him he sensed that she wanted to ask him something and spoke calmly.

"Go ahead and say what you need..."

She was incredible, to him at least. He was used to people closing up on him but Liz had always been someone who drew him out of his shell and he seemed to somehow be able to do the same for her. Perhaps it was simply the survivors linkage or perhaps it was something more carnal, a sense of knowing the devil inside.

"Just surprised to see you here." She glanced around the room, this wasn't the place to catch up. She stood up and smiled at him, "Come on, lets go talk in the back."

She had so much to say to him, but found herself almost speechless. She was playing her loss for words off good, but if they were alone it might help her find her words. This was a miracle, finding him here. He had no idea how much she had missed him, and she was almost shaking from their encounter. She gave him one look, a smile and started walking towards the back. She knew the owner ,and he wouldn't mind them going back.

Back
Top Bottom