Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question The 'like' options

RainbowMoon

Planetoid
I got a question that has been puzzling me for a good while.

The 'like' icons on this site, in private messages, why are they the way they are? In my personal opinion at least, they look quite horrendous and don't really invite to use them when chatting, much less when roleplaying with someone. Is there some certain reason as to why they are like this, I'm sorry if someone from the staff has made them and I'm now bashing them, but I'm quite confused as to why choose something like these particular ones. Using one of these kills the mood for sure if there's something steamy going on, for me at least, so even if I get a wonderful reply from my partner I don't want to show my appreciation for it with one of these particular icons. Why not have something simpler and more appropriate as reactions? A heart, a bit prettier thumbs up, a rainbow, smiley face that doesn't look quite as intoxicated, something the like? Of course, if there is some reason that they cannot be changed or the like, I can understand that, but if there is a way, why do they look so oddly inappropriate?

unknown.png
These are the ones, for reference.

Sorry but this cracked me up! I'd be down to create some like buttons if I knew how to implement them. I don't know where these came from...

@Forbidden Fruit is this something we are able to do, do you know?

Hey RainbowMoon, thank you so much for your suggestion!

I do agree that they're hideous and we could use something better. These buttons weren't made by our Design Team and if I'm to make a guess, they're just the default ones that are provided by XenForo but only @Vekseid could confirm this.

Your suggestion has been noted and its currently being discussed by staff to see if we could work on something prettier. Thanks again!

I agree completely with the request to add more of these, and in solidarity I'm going to click the fingerguy reaction to every single message I get from now on.

I can't, I'm committed now. I may provide disclaimers if needed.

He is already going back on his commitment. So sad!

Not true! I haven't decided yet...I just don't want to lose all my partners because I won't stop spamming them with alerts either QQ

You ain't lived until you've been finger gunned to death. Jus' sayin'.

The new ones are so much better! Seeing the old ones always put me off xD

I'm still not a huge fan of the PM reaction designs, but don't get me wrong, they are a lot better than the originals.

I just fingergun everyone at this point. It is the best looking one and usually fitting enough lol.

Back
Top Bottom