Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

LORETech (PuzzlePieces & DarkRiffs)

There was a screeching sound as what appeared to be an abnormally large alligator fled from the light, glaring at her from the shadows as it hissed.The flashlight seemed to frighten more than rats down there.Signs were plastered up on the wall, as well as gang signs and tags from the various Punk organizations that operated in the Old City."Oi love, what chu doin out here all on ya lonesome?" A male voice spoke in a thick Australian accent."Lovely thing like you could get all torn up down here aye?" the man said, stepping out of a side tunnel."The names Felch, pleasure to meet you" he said, extending his hand.

--------

He ducked as the shot ripped the mans head from his shoulders."Jesus H. man, are you trying to hit me?!" he shouted at the drunkard, it had been a lucky shot that narrowly missed his head, singeing his hair.His fingers ran along the side of his face to make sure it was still there as he hopped up onto the truck."She's headed to the Old City, the Parliament building there is home to a group of Punks, not to mention It's well stocked.If we're going to start any sort of Resistance It's there.Do you know of any entrances?" he shouted over the chaos.

His knowledge of corporate weapons was extensive as he went through the list of forms on the rifle.Mako industries designed multi purpose weapons that ran off one universal type of ammo."Bolt action, Machinegun, Railgun, Ion Cannon....ahh!.Flamethrower" he said, settling on a type.Pressing the button the gun changed formats and shape until he was baring a large weapon, lit pilot light on the end.He rested one foot on the edge of the vehicle as he began to hose down the tightly packed squads of corporate men, setting them ablaze as they rode along.

She jumped and backed against the wall as the creature glared at her and ran off. But she jumped again as the man spoke. She took his hand and shook it. "Summer, Summer Neils. I'm looking for the parliament building," she said simply, still a little bit in shock and trying to catch her breath. "My shop is probably totaled by now, hopefully Tur Rex didn't shoot the place up too bad," she said under her breath.

===========
"'Ey! I dudn't know we were having barbeque," said the drunkard hanging out the back window, snickering. "Though I bet those ribs ain't too tasty."
"You'll have to excuse my friend, Tehn. He tends to drink in this type of situation....Scratch that, every situation. I'm Eri, and I'll be your driver for the evening,"He said not even looking back. "We're headed there ourselves, though we have to get out of the city for the entrance we're using." He looked back, slammed on the breaks and drifted to the side as the other vehicle passed them, tossed a grenade into it and sped back off, taking out about five thugs in the process. He didn't even look back as about 15 seconds later the vehicle blew up. "We are the resistance," He said simply. "We knew something was up but we didn't know this was gonna happen. What ever happened, dude, It made those corps furious."

"Ya don't say, well than stick with me mate.I'm headed there meself, I know these tunnels like the back of my hand aye" he said with a smile and a tip of his hat."Resistance is already gathering there, won't be long till we're fightin them corporate monkeys" he said with an amused tone."Here, take this" he said, digging around his massive pack before he slipped out a large handgun."This ought to keep them pesky crocodingo's away" he said with a smirk.

-------

He slipped a cigarette in his lips, lighting it on the pilot light of the flame thrower."Yeah well, I might be able to shed some light on that, but later once we're safe.LORETech has blockades set up around the entire city, we would be able to get out VIA the surface.We'll need to find another route out of the city, the best bet would be the harbor, It's a long swim but I've got an Idea".

She took the handgun and expected. "Not what I'm used to," she said as she put it on a loop on the back of her belt. "I wont complain however," She looked up at the man. "So....What way. I thought I knew the way but, things just got very hectic, I think I lost my way," She said as she put her hands on her hips. "Thanks, now what way are we headed?"

-----------------
Eri looked to be in through for a moment then swerved to the side. "Hang on, and you might want to duck down back there," He said as he looked an old brick building. It was a corner cafe but it now in shambles. He turned the truck all the way around and began to go towards the building, headed for the floor to ceiling windows that lined the front of the shop.

He tipped his hat and began through the windings paths and tunnels."So whada ya do for a livin?" he asked, making idle chit chat.It was a long walk to the parliament building, he figured he might as well get to know her well."I don recon I've seen you uptop, I'm sure I'd recognize a face as nice as yours".The large crocodile hissed silently as it began to stalk them along a similar route.

-------

I had been a close call, and he didn't even really manage to duck in time.He only managed to turn in time to get a brick to the face as the vehicle slammed through the shop.He fell over and groaned, his head swimming as his vision went red with blood.The last images that filled his mind were ion shots and shouts before he blacked out cold in the back of the truck, laying like a lead lump as they continued along.

She kept close behind him as they went along. "I am the sole proriotor of the tattoo shop Ink This," she said somewhat proudly. "I run....ran it with my serving robot Wadsworth," She kept looking back from time to time, cautious now of the creatures that are down in the darkness. "And what do you do, other than being a member of one of the organizations down here?" She asked, trying to keep the talking going.

-------------------
"Aww shit," Eri said as he got out. He opened up the bed and dragged him out. Eri was a rather large man, though he didn't soundas strong as he was. He picked him up and jumped back out of the truck as Tehn, who was now sobered up from the sudden shock of hitting the building, pulled open the trap door under behind the cash counter and went down leading Eri down into the darkness of the Old City.

"Ahh yeah, a buddy of mine got a few from you, said they were the best he'd gotten" the man said with a chuckle, stepping over the skeleton of a long dead person."Oh no no, I'm not part of any organization ma'am.I live down here you see.I just resupply from the punks down here" he stated."They base themselves out of the Parliament building, the fire station, the post office and the Gas stations" the man explained.

--------

Kyuss took a deep breath as he flooded back into reality, holding his head with a groan."God damn, It feels like I was hit with a bag of bricks" he said.He looked up and gasped, grabbing the pistol from Eri's holster whilst being carried.He also managed to aim and fire it at a soldier stuck his head around the corner."Thanks for the lift" he said with a smirk, blowing the smoke out of the barrel.

She kept her hand on the back of her belt, ready to grab the gun when need be. "What's his name, I know who all my clients are, or at least try to. Normally when we have one person come in for a tattoo, they normally end up coming back. Of course, I didn't do the tattoos, the robot my father made did them for me," she gave him a small smile. "I hadn't known that not everyone down here was part of an organization, I had just assumed. I have an entrance into the Old City in the basement of my shop, That's how I got down here."

------------------------------
"Your welcome. Do you think you can walk, I can't exactly carry you down into the Old City like this, there isn't a lot of room through the entrance," He said with a grunt. "That and I need to get to the light in my pocket, there are some creatures down here that aren't very friendly and you have to know how to keep them off of you."

He chuckled and shrugged."It don't matter, he's dead now anyway" the man said as he stopped and uncorked a canteen, taking a drink."It's not far no-" he was cut off in mid sentence as a tentacle flew from the ground and snagged around his ankle, pulling him through a garbage muck."Shit!" he shouted, just managing to grab onto the edge."Get to the parliament building, The way is marked on the map!" he shouted, holding on with one arm as he tossed the map and compass to her."Don't wait up" he said, slipping a knife out of his boot sheath and holding it in his teeth as he let go of the edge."Tally hooooo!" he shouted, the sound echoing off until it left her in silence.

------

Kyuss hopped down from the mans shoulder and slipped his pistol back in his sheath."Lead on, I've never used this entrance before" he said as he snatched a bottle of whiskey from the cabinet nearby, uncorking it and taking a few deep swigs to numb the pain in his forehead."Anyone have a weapon I can borrow?" he asked as he took another deep swill.

She whipped out the gun and attached her little light to it as she moving again, taking a look at the map and the compass."Crap, I really wish I didn't have to be down here alone," She muttered to herself as she looked up and looking around the passage ways. "I really do hope that I'm close," She was nervous now.

_--------------------------

Eri took out one of his guns and handed it to him. "'ere you go," He said with a grin, taking out his own and readying it. "This isn't too far off from the parliament building I believe," he said taking out his map. "No not too far," He said putting it back in his pocket.

Tehn readied his gun. "Hopefully Summer made it there alright, she's tough but being down in a place like that for the first time can be a little nerve racking." He said as he shut the passage behind them and took out a small flashlight.

Drip drip drip, the sounds of the moistness as the drops fell.It was...raining underground?.Sure enough it began a light trickle pattering down and dripping, slowly turning the ground to what would eventually be mud.As fate would have it, it quickly began to grow darker too as if all light were being sucked away by some strange source.

--------

Kyuss smirked and cocked the pistol as he spoke."That woman probably eats nails for breakfast" he said with a smirk."You expect to see with that piddly light?" he said before he sent the mental command.Floodlights embedded in his shoulders slid forth and lit up, shining a wide beam through the darkness, carving the black fog like a knife.

Summer turned around in a circle frantically, shaping her light and hoping that it got brighter. It didn't seem right. "C'mon, please it's dark enough as it is down here," she mumbled to herself. She began to go into a faster walk before starting to run. She knew that this wasn't the time to start panicking but she couldn't stop herself.
----
Eri and Tehn just looked at him in shock for a moment, to each other and back to him. Tehn rubbed the back of his head. "I dunno if I want to know how you did that. Where in the hell did you get all those mods?" He seemed surprised. Eri just shook his head and muttered the words 'show off' under his breath.
Tehn looked at Eri before starting to head towards the parliament building, looking at the map and back up as he began following the path they were on. "Wait...don't tell us...it might be best if we didn't know all the details at the moment. Right now we need to get to safety...and hope that Summer is there. We need her expertise, what her father passed down to her. He was a great man and bestowed a lot of his skill unto her...if something happens to her...well we might be in a really big pickle then.

Back
Top Bottom