Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chatroom default?

PsionicCuttlefish

Supernova
So, I hardly ever use the frontpage chatroom, although I do poke in from time to time. I know that a while ago, it used to be only one channel, the "general" channel, but then a second channel was added, "open roleplay", to go into voluntarily if you wanted casual chat-RP.

But I didn't notice until just now, due to hardly ever using it, that the "open roleplay" channel is the default channel you get dropped into upon logging in, not "general". You have to manually switch to get to general from open-RP, instead of the other way around.

It doesn't bother me at all, but that doesn't seem correct, and seems like it would bother other people? If the starting channel people get dropped into is "open roleplay" and not "general", then people are gonna use "open roleplay" -as- "general" chat, which...looking at the scrollback, appears to be exactly what is happening.

Just something I figured I should inform the site operators about unless this actually is working as intended.

As far as I'm aware open roleplay isn't the default channel you get dropped in, it might just be the last one you had open? I have both of them open and whenever I look it's always on general though admittedly I haven't logged out in a long time. Wonder if there is any way to change it!

Definitely not the last one I had opened. I've noticed this over the last few days, and I switch to the "General" tab before logging out when I do (not that it really matters to me) and when I log back in later, and I check, I am dropped into "Open Roleplay" again.

Well, like I said, it's not even really a problem for me personally, since I don't use the chat much at all to begin with. I just wanted to bring it to attention in case it wasn't intended behavior and it's been bothering other people.

That said, clearing cookies and restarting browser clearly isn't the "fix" either as I always browse in incognito-mode, so every time I come and visit this site, it's always with zero cookies and a fresh browser. And since I noticed a few days ago, every single time, on initial login, the default chat tab is Open Roleplay instead of General.

But yeah, again, it doesn't bother me particularly. Just, if this -isn't- intended behavior, then in case it bothers other people, it might be worth looking into.

If you use the floating footer variant, if you click on it it takes you to the last message.

Back
Top Bottom