Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

۞ To Meet Fate ۞ [Romantic[Dream] and I]

DaRkEsT_DeSiRe

Planetoid
cloak.jpg

Moving her unusually colored light purple hair, a young maiden the age of twenty pushed the heavy mass into a moss color green hood. Her delicate small hands pulled the hood up and over her head to cover and shadow her head and face. Her fair skin shown even in the darkest of places. Her light purple eyes were faded and blank. The woman knew how to hide her emotions. She had practiced many years and it had taken many of those years to both keep her expression blank in the presence of her enemies.

The gold bracelets around her wrists clanked together as she lowered them to her side. Her long sleeves covered both her arm and her hands. The cloak did a very well job at hiding her from the outside world. She liked to stay hidden from it. She had no family, no friends, nothing for her enemies to use against her, only herself.

She slowly made her way around the darkened town. The talk of a vampire had been around for a while. She had been hired to get rid of the threat that lingered around the town in the dead of night. She slowly walked up the streets. She had ordered the people of the town to stay in their homes this night, until she could rid the evil of the town. Marie had already been paid the money, a fairly good amount, the people had given her all they had. Only five hundred pieces. She smiled as she stopped and listened around her. A fog was starting to envelope her and she knew that the threat was the one creating itâ?¦the fog grew unlike the normal weather when the nights were warm, it seemed quite chilly as she stayed her ground and listened, since her sight had been taken from her by the fog.

She lowered her head and stared at the water near her feet. She breathed in deeply before closing her eyes. The night seemed to become cold quickly. She felt the water in the air cling to her attire and forced it to cling to her body, She did not shiver, for if she did that would cause some noise and would distract her from listening to the area around her. she couldn't have that at all.​

cloakedgirlwalking.jpg

The little town had paid off a hunter. How annoying. She'd had the good grace to keep her cravings to a minimum, and she never killed anyone. She was just trying to survive. She drank from one person a night, usually a drunk, tainted by whatever crap ale they drank that night. Because she used to be one of them. Because she was trying to be nice. Because she, like them, wanted to keep existing. If the victims weren't passed out, she even got permission. Bastard drunks couldn't ever remember that. Little thoughts occurred to her that maybe she'd just kidnap one, keep them alive, and feed off them. Like a crimson harvest.

But who would be so perfect to kidnap as the hunter that sought her? The hunter would be strong, for sure. Healthier than most people. And it'd be a nice slap to the faces of her former friends and neighbors. And maybe she'd let her cravings increase a little, just as an excuse to go down and strike a little terror. So mean. All she wanted was to keep living. Just like them. Selfish.

Still... Task at hand. Hunter. Huntress? She looked down from a rooftop of one of the many homes, crouched over, hunched into her cloak. Aira looked at the purple executioner and licked her lips softly. Feeding from a woman. They did have a more delicate taste. But the woman looked disgusting and rotten. Someone who'd hunt down a Vampire, simply because they wanted to keep living. Sure, some lost their control and went on draining sprees.

But she didn't deserve this. This woman though... She's was going to deserve what was coming.

Marie seemed to shift alot. She turned her head slightly, the hood moved with her head wrinkling slightly. She was searching for the vampire even though she could not see through the heavy mass of fog that now circulated through the small village. She did not know why the Vampire had not made itself known yet. Her brows came together as she slowly began to turn and walk down the streets once more. She did not know if it was waiting for her or not. Underneath the large sleeves of her cloak her small but strong hand grasped a blade. It was six inches long and was strapped to her arm. She un clipped it slowly as let the hilt slide into her hand as she slowly walked down the streets.

She usually didn't have to wait very long for the vampires to take her as bait. Her cloak did well to hide her figure but her scent did not. She knew that most vampires both male and female went after the more feminine bodies but some went after men. She had found herself being the perfect target. A woman, alone at night, walking the streets. Each Vampire had never thought her to be a well educated Vampire Hunter. Most thought it funny and taunted her. Her slowly came to a stop as she felt eyes on her. Her thoughts were brought back to the present as she raised her head.

Her eyes began to scan the skies around her, then the streets. Some of her unusual purple hair snaked out from behind the safety of her hood. She did not notice it, or she did but did not care. She suddenly felt the unease of it all. Obviously there were Vampires out there that were...not Fledglings. Fledglings usually just attacked people including hunters thinking they are the stronger race. Some had thought her a weak human female. They surely do not think that now. they do not think at all actually. For she had killed each and everyone she had come upon. Burning them and then spreading their ashes as so the bodies could not be found by humans.

Marie breathed in slowly as she brought one of her hands up to her face. She gently ran her finger across her cheek, moving the strand of hair that was in her face. "Where are you...?" she whispered softly as her eyes searched her surroundings once more.​

Huntress... She thought again and again. Why'd they have to send a huntress? A male would be easier to deal with. The females couldn't be seduced, the usual fatal flaw of a male hunter. They'd go on and on about 'staking' a female vampire. Such a stupid innuendo. Of course, they found themselves to be staked first. With something not at all sexual.

Still, she had a woman to deal with. Taking off her cloak, she was a tall, spindly woman in white. Her teal hair set her a bit apart from the fog, but the fog is what concealed her so nicely, especially in white. The huntress would be fooled by the shadowy cloak as she dropped it in front of her, while she ran up behind and incapacitated the woman. Simple plan, but it could work quite well. Simple plans were the hardest to deal with.

So she dropped the cloak, watching for a split second as it started to flap as it dropped, making plenty of noise. She leapt about to flank and take the woman from behind. She would run up directly behind the woman, and bring her entire arm down on her neck, to make her crumple and fall the the ground, hopefully unconscious. Being of the vampires, she was beyond human physical limits, but her meager diet kept her from being overwhelmingly superior.

Marie was lost in thought when she heard the noise of something flapping near her. She turned towards where the noise had started and she stared at the cloak as it slowly flapped to the ground. She narrowed her gaze as she listened. There was nothing there but the cloak. Marie wasn't some stupid hunter who just fought with their muscles. She thought about things. she strategized about her next move. Before the cloak hit the ground she could already hear something else. It was behind her.

Marie had learned at an early age to listen to everything around her. Her hearing had grown accustomed to everything around her and the slightest noise always made her turn and look. Marie turned quickly around as she heard the shifting. Vampires all made sound. No matter what anyone said, they all had a certain sound. This one was actually, very quiet. Her movements so quick that they could barely be heard. She moved instantly seeing the slight shape of the vampire that neared her.

It intended to take her out quickly. She pulled her blade form out of it's sleeve holding it against her arm as she lifted her arm lowering herself slightly as she moved away from the nearing vampire. Unlike most Humans MArie had grown accustomed to the vampires, their inhuman speed, their abnormal strength. The vampire was pale and wearing white which hid her in the fog. Her hair though, was a light bright blue which worked to marie's advantage. Quickly Marie kept her distance from the Vampire, she was physically built for her job, the claok though, kept her from reaching her usual speed and the vampire began to near her.

"Do not underestimate my ability..." she whispered...not really to the vampire but to herself, making her feel stronger than the rest of humans. Which...she was..grabbing more blades that were strapped to her waist she tossed them into the vampires direction. two of them. She did not stop moving away from the vampire for that...would cause her to lose the battle.​

She stopped. The Huntress found her out rather quickly. Game over. As the two blades were thrown, she did well to dodge them, and stopped her advance. She stood up tall and straight. "Well... Now it's just not worth it..." She whispered softly, knowing the woman could possibly hear it. She wasn't bloodthirsty, contrary to her nature. "Have fun, Huntress." She turned around and walked away, knowing her sense were just as keen and capable of escape at any time. Both would have to rely on surprise to take the other out, and surprise was gone now.

She stuck her hands in the pockets of her short pants, wondering where she'd be getting her next meal. It was doubtful that everyone else had stayed inside. There would have to be one rebellious soul. Or drunk. As much as the taste was spoiled.

(Sowwee for the shortness I can get better soon 'nuff.)

Marie was confused. The vampire had dodged which was most likely but, she was walking away. She tilted her head to the side as 'she' to, stopped and stared at the retreating vampire. She wasn't walking away from a battle. Her brows came together in confusion as she straightened her back and lowered her blade. She stared after her. No vampire she had faced had just...walked away. 'was is she doing?' she thought to herself as she slowly brought her hands to her large hood and pulled it down away from her hair, letting the large mass of purple hair to fall and cascade down her back.

Her eyes stared after her and she stepped forward. She wasn't going to let this one go just because 'IT' had decided not to fight. She had been paid to kill this vampire, and she was going to get rid of it. Or she would be a liar. She stepped forward quickly as she raised her head. "Stop..why do you run from me..?" she demanded the departing woman to answer her.

The woman was hard to see in the fog and she squinted her eyes as she stepped forward following the vampire before it dissappeared in the white mist. Marie felt her clothing cling to her legs as she walked and she had to kick at it to get the clothing to stop their assult on her legs. She lowered her eyes breifly to her clothing. She grabbed her skirts and pulled them slightly to free her legs from the heavy garments. 'next time I am wearing pants..' she told herself in thought.​

--Don't worry about it...just do your best and have fun doing it...--

Aira of course didn't stop for the Huntress. She'd been completely and utterly baffled at the notion of a vampire who didn't want to fight. Good for her. It would teach her to maybe think for a moment. Maybe the woman would figure it all out. She wasn't some feral, dropping bodies like they were going out of style. No. She was as much a person as any of them. Possibly more so. At least she understood that they weren't inferior beings that needed to be killed. They certainly seemed to think that of her.

The teal-haired woman stopped after a while, sniffing the air a little. As much as it seemed like a feral's act, she did have the ability to sniff out a human scent. It was the whole supposed "prey" thing. If worse came to worse, there were animals she could use for sustenance. While not as wholesome, they would do the trick for a short while. Maybe some other human would show though, and she could take that one as her crop.

But that would mean taking one who could have family. And that would be a crying shame. It had to be that Huntress. The Huntress wouldn't be missed is she dropped off suddenly. It'd strike fear into their hearts, but they'd get over it when their townsfolk stopped finding bite marks.

Hunched over in the alleyway with her eyes closed, she listened and sniffed, trying to find something other than the Huntress. A temporary meal would allow her time to capture the girl.

Marie did not understand the vampire. She did not wish to fight her. She seemed like a resonable vampire. One that only wished to survive like any other being that was in this town. she slowly lifted her gaze which didn't find the teal haired woman. she nodded her head slowly as she looked around her. She was going to have to deliver the news to the town. She had been told that people had been finding bite marks on them when they came home from the saloon. She had shook her head and chuckled lightly. Drinking from drunk men was actually a very good plan. They wouldn't remember what happened and they would go on with their lives, that was if they didn't find the bite marks before they healed.

She had been told the vampire lurking had been drinking without the consent of the town. She had tilted her head and actually asked them. 'would you let the vampire drink from you if he asked?' the male had shook his head and answered her firmly and quickly. 'Hell No' .

It seemed this vampire was not the one that was causing so much ruckus...if there was truly any of this ruckus going on. She slowly moved down the streets still searching for any other vampire. She had to do her job, or people would think her weak. And she could not have that at all.

What am I going to do about that Huntress? She sighed softly, thinking of what she could do. Getting to fight her directly is going to lead to either of us being hurt badly, or dead. And I can't set a trap, since she'll be out all night while I can operate. And if I tried anything too lengthy I may run out of sustenance... She might just be the death of me... Not like I could just... She couldn't help but laugh a little.

At least it'd be funny if she did try THAT. If anything, if the Huntress fought, she could run away a good bit easier. Things were turning toward summer soon. There'd be less night for her to operate in. Why not?

She sniffed around for that familiar scent of the Lavender Huntress. It took her a small bit considering the woman had walked the town often enough to get her scent everywhere. She'd approach from the front this time, walking, calmly and as minimally threatening as possible.

Slowly Marie walked the town. She tried to stay as silent as she could. Her defenses up and ready. Her eyes searched constantly for some other being that stalked the night for someone to prey on. She found no one, nothing, not even an animal scuttling about. She was confused, usually vampires lured their prey to them. She found no sign of both mortal of vampire. ' I am confused with the way the vampires in this region act. They must be older than the fledglings I have gone up against, they seem to hide with such efficiency that I can not detect them. ' she pondered to herself as she pressed a hand to her chest.

The fog had developed even more and she felt the mist against her skin and clothing, her cloak could not protect her against the chill of the night now and she shivered slightly as a cool breeze seemed to carress her wet, heated skin. She brought her hand up to her cheek and gently ran her fingers over the suddenly cold flesh. She needed to return to the hotel she had been placed in. She would develop a cold and would be taken to bed.

She stopped and stared ahead of her as a new figure began to form. She squinted and new soon enough that it was the same person she had been in the presence of earlier. Her hand slowly lowered to her waist where she tucked her hand into the cloak grasping a blade. She did not pull it free, merely held her hand against it. Ready to pull it free if needed. She watched the figure as it slowly, approached her.

Her body language told her she was not in anyway threatening her. She tilted her head to the side. "Have you changed your mind about facing me?" Marie asked the woman. Her breathing suddenly quickened and she felt her hair clinging to the skikn at her neck and cheeks. The vampire looked completely unaffected by the fog.

"No... I still won't fight you. There shouldn't be a need." She tilted her head to the side, bangs obscuring her eyes, teal hair clear down to her knees, covering what parts of her pale, frail-looking body were showing. If she were still part of the village daylife... She'd still look rather out of place.

"I instead came to reason with you. A fight between us would wind up with one of us forever departed, and the other halfway there. I'm sure you're smarter than most people. After all, you didn't let your guard down when I tried to ambush you. And I do apologize. If someone were sent to kill you, I'm sure you'd have tried similar deception"

"I only wish to survive. Just like you. Just like them. Just like all living creatures. For that, I need to blood of humans. It's our water, our bread, our meat. It's all we have to live on. I've not killed a single one of these villages over the last several decades I've been in this state of "undeath" and I plan on that remaining the case. Even with those sent to kill me."

"I have a deal I'd like to arrange with you. I know no matter how nice I try to be, how much I reassure them, that they will never accept me and allow me to continue my life. I've studied a little, played with the numbers, did the research. I need one resilient human. One who accepts me and would be fine with the idea of staying with me, so that I may drink of them exclusively, and allow the villagers to relieve their worries. I want you to be that one human. Of course, I'm not asking this for free. I'll provide an entire manor for you to reside in, you'll be free do be awake whenever you want, be and go anywhere you wish, and I'll provide for you all you request to the best of my ability, so long as you allow me my nightly sustenance."

"What do you say?"

Marie was confused when the woman wished not to fight. She still didn't let down her guard as she neared her and then stopped once she was near enough. She listened to the woman's words. She was just like any being on this world. Only wishing to survive, to live as others live. To only be accepted in this world like the others are. Just because she is different didn't mean she should be killed like the others. She pondered a moment as she still listened to the woman's words.

She stopped to stare at the woman. She was asking her, if she wished to be this being...food. She lowered her eyes. She had nothing against vampires at all really. She didn't care, if she was paid she would kill whoever wished to be killed. Usually she wasn't offered anything from anyone else. She slowly slipped the blade she had been holding back in it's pouch as she sensed no danger radiating off this vampire. She looked the woman over once more as she had done before as she offered her a large home to live in. She wondered if this woman was just trying to trick her into killing her. She felt a chill run through her and a soft breeze danced about her. She raised her hand to her chin as she thought for a moment about this.

What could possibly go wrong. The woman could kill her easily if she plunged her fangs into her. She had learned that some vampires held...'pets' instead of hunting every night and she was completely fine with it, though the thought of actually being a pet to one of these vampires actually caused fear to race through her veins and she didn't know why. She raised her eyes to the womans and began to speak. Why would this woman ask a hunter of vampires to drink from. Was she not frightened that in the vampires sleep she could kill her. Marie didn't know, but she had a feeling she only killed vampires because she was paid to do so.

She smiled slightly and stepped forward. "So you chose, a Vampire Hunter...to be your human...why in the world would you chose a vampire hunter..." she wasn't really asking, she seemed to be talking to herself. "Though...I do accepts vampires for what they are.." she wondered if the vampire already knew her thoughts. " If I were to become your...sustenance...as you say...how will I make money? I am a hunter of your kind and hunting you kind is all I know. " she hated it when people gave her stuff, she rather liked to fend for herself, she hated to be in debt. Then she thought about it. She wouldn't really be in debt. The vampire would let her stay with her, let her wake and walk around whenever needed for her blood. It was a fair trade was it not. She smiled. "If I agree you will only feed from me? you will leave the people of this town and others alone? If so...I have no choice but to accept. For then my job would be complete..I am to only rid this village of their vampire.." she lowered her hands wondering if the vampire would let her keep her weapons. She grinned to that thought.

Back
Top Bottom