Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fated (Sevatar X Digital Siren)

Sevatar

Somewhere over the Rainbow
Aldrik took a deep breath, pushing himself to his feet and glancing at each of the four men standing next to him, in the small clearing of the forest that they had been occupying for the last couple of hours, waiting for the sun to fall. He wouldn't say anything right away, instead, his gaze would fall through the rough pathway that led out of the forest and into the grasslands beyond, and the camp that lay there, with a massive tent dominating the center, and Aldrik's eyes narrowed, pondering just who could be in that tent

Aldrik was interrupted from his thoughts by the gentle grasp of one of his men's hands on his pauldrons. "My Prince" Xavier murmured, and Aldrik turned to look at him. "How many times have I told you, Xavier. It's just Aldirk to you" He asked in a slightly teasing tone, the other man shaking his head. "Old habits" He replied, the other man in the clearing chuckling softly at the two of them. "I got lost in my thoughts again" He admitted. "But, yes. I can presume you're about to tell me it's time for us to move?" Xavier nodded, gesturing towards the camp. "The sentries are about to change. The suns in their eyes as well. The time to move is now."

Aldrik nodded. "Same plan as usual," He remarked to the four men in front of him. "They never change their layouts. So, straight out of the forest, through the side, into the tent. I'll deal with whoever's in charge, and the rest of you keep the guards away and get the fire going. We'll disappear through the forest, and meet back at the base of the cliff. If we get separated, regroup at the cave we spent the other night in" The other men nodded, making their way to the edge of the forest. "Stay safe" Aldrik remarked, rolling his shoulders, his pauldrons settling as he took a deep breath, following his men through the forest.

As Aldrik and his squad started to move across the field, his mind would wander, if only for the briefest of moments, thinking about how if, three years ago, someone had told Aldirk he would have been fighting a war against the neighboring kingdom of Valindor, he would have called them insane, and quite possibly laughed at them. The Hier Apparent of Thizarin had never been one to shy away from a fight, but the thought of full-fledged warfare had been a bit too difficult for him to swallow at the time. And now, well. Here he was. Preparing himself to kill one of Valindor's generals, or perhaps one of their princes, who had also taken to leading from the front, wanting to show that they could do the same as him.

Aldrik would be ripped from his thoughts by a shout, that was quickly silenced by the blade's of one of his men, the sentry collapsing to the ground, and his thoughts were now focused at the moment, as the squad of five dashed through the encampment, cutting down anyone who stood in their way until they had reached the tent that dominated the center of the camp. "Ready?" He called over the rapidly unfolding chaos and once Xavier and Ezekyile had signaled their readiness, Aldrik ducked into a tent, a smirk crossing his lips as his wildest dreams were surpassed by the fact that standing in front of him, desperately trying to pull his armor on, was Erebus, the Crown Prince of Valindor, and Aldirk's feet quickly carried him across the difference, his sword held out, and even as Erebus tried to turn with his sword, Aldrik ran him through, a scream escaping the man's lips as Aldrik yanked the sword out.

"Xavier" Aldrik barked. "Start the fire" He ordered, turning to leave when a figure in the corner caught his eye, and a frown crossed his lips as he took in a young woman, dressed in scraps of clothing and a collar with a chain attached to a spike in the ground, leaving her unable to move, and it wouldn't be hard to guess that she was kept here as Erebus's slave, and he cursed softly, stepping towards her when a feeling lurched through his body, a fire starting in his lower stomach and spreading through his entire body, and Aldrik instantly knew what it was. She was an Omega. Of course. Of course, Erebus would stoop low enough to keep an Omega as his personal slave.

"Aldrik!" Ezekyile called from outside. "We need to get going" Aldrik glanced between the woman and the tent door. "I'll be out in a second. I'm dealing with one last thing. I'll be slow. We'll need to regroup. I'll find you at the cave or somewhere in the area" He called as he made his way across the room, his sword raised, and he quickly brought it down, cutting the chain that was attached to her collar and keeping her trapped, and even as the effect she was causing in him spread, he reached down with his empty hand, offering it to her. "Can you walk?." He addressed her quietly, his voice only hearable by her over the chaos going on around them. "I can take you away from here. Away from whatever he did to you" He gestured with his sword at Erebus's corpse, even as the shouting outside got even louder. "I know you don't know me. Or trust me. But if you want to come with me, you need to choose. Now" He stressed, even as his body reacted further to her presence, a primal need burning inside of him that he did his best to squash down.

The world wasn't fair. It wasn't until Araminta had become an adult that she'd fully understood how unfair. As a child, there is a shiny innocence that clings to most things, even if you're not well off. Imagination could turn the drab, blandness into something far more exciting. The cellar, dank and musty became a dungeon, the highest peaks of a tower guarded by a dragon. For Minthe it was her only escape from a life rife with hunger and hardships. Her parents were good people and they did their best to keep her safe, happy and cared for. Neither Alphas, they hadn't been able to provide as they wished, but they were happy as a small little family. They lived in an old guard building on the edge of the Fervista Wood and worked in a nearby castle for the lord and lady. Everything was perfect, or as close to perfect as could be until first her father and then mother fell ill. The lands had been struck by a blight that ate through Alphas and Omega without mercy, paying no mind to status, for diseases cared not your wealth or otherwise.

The lord and Lady had taken it upon themselves to protect their lands, best they could from their neighboring lords. It was not unheard of in the kingdom for Omega to be attacked and enslaved by Alphas. The practice had been kept in check by some Alphas, trying to protect the softer, more delicate Omega from such abuse. Men and women were seen as weaker had they the softness of ears, the curl of a tail. It mattered not that they had fangs, claws; they were no match for an Alpha of either sex. The blight took not only those closest to her, but they made an opening for a son to kill his father, taking the throne for himself and his family. The old King had been much like the lord and lady who watched over their lands.. The new king was not of the same mind. Omega were slaves, for pleasure or otherwise, nothing more. This doctrine was answered almost with a feverish response from those who had suffered under the King and fear in those who had supported him. The lord and lady were killed, only adding to the strife of the region as war quickly approached. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The new King wanted more. More power, more land, more people to embrace his ideology.

----​

Araminta had been seen at a distance by Erebus the first time as he passed through her village, on his way to the front. Her home being on the outskirts had kept her mostly safe, but she couldn't avoid the village forever. Unaware that she'd caught his eye, she'd gone about her chores, feeling anxious that so many soldiers were in the streets. She knew how Alpha looked at Omega. Omega were seen steps above animals, the delicate animal like characteristics making them seem lesser than Alpha. The weaker of the two, the ones less civilized... Almost witchlike, when their heats took over and their scents could drive any rational Alpha mad. Rather than kill them, those like the King and his son Erebus, sought to control them and therefore themselves.

Minthe striking even at a distance. Her cobalt blue locks tumbled down her back freely, white flowers woven in, making her hair looked snow kissed as it rippled in the breeze. Ears were soft, matching the tone of her hair, with deeper, sapphire blue within the shell of them. Her tail swaying back and forth as she talked to the butcher, happy enough as it brushed against her simple brown dress. Much like the flowers that adorned her hair, Araminta's skin was alabaster, silver stripes across her cheeks. Eyes of stunning, glacial blue, so deep, so pure they almost seemed to glow. All these details were easier to spot from afar, the closer Erebus got, the more he fell for the delicate female. Her short stature did nothing to distract from the sweeping hourglass like curves; from the swell of her breasts to the intake of her stomach before a flare of hips.

He had to have her and who would stop him?

----​

The weight of Erebus shifted off the mattress, the springs creaking as shouts rose from the camp. Minthe curled into the corner as he shot her a look. Chained to a stake in the ground she curled tighter under his gaze. He rushed to pull his armor on when her eyes flickered behind him to the figure that filled the entrance of the tent. Noticing her gaze, Erebus spun, his mouth opening, perhaps to shout.. when he was run through. Araminta flinched and curled on herself as the smell of blood filled the air, the half hearted shout dying in the frenzy from outside. The dress she'd once worn had been discarded and her shift had seen better days. Ripped and stained, it hung off her body loosely.

She could feel his eyes on her... Those hauntingly blue eyes rose for a moment to meet his own. Her breath froze in her lungs, her eyes widening slightly. Fated pairs were rare enough to be myth. That didn't mean that everyone in their world knew the tale of them. Opposite sides of the same coin, the other half of one another's soul. Made for one another. Her body reacted without warning. The sweet, almost spicy scent of her filling the tent. At first, wild mint was the first note that would catch his attention, while sweeter elements like honeyed florals and cinnamon rounding it out. The scent was almost cloying. It was but the first of many reactions. Her temperature already was rising, her cheeks becoming flush.

Puffs of air were leaving her lips as she watched him call out to someone else, before crossing the room. Flinching Minthe felt the sword cut through the chain. A hand was before her when her eyes opened again. Her hand slipped into his, without a thought... Anything would be better, wouldn't it? Rising on shaky legs she nodded once, her voice was husky, likely from dehydration. "Yes.." One word, that was all she got out, her eyes on his. Mates wasn't the first thing to come to mind. Something was amiss, but sudden heat was not unheard of. It just was rare.

Aldrik rocked back as the full force of her scent washed over him, and he took a second to steady himself as he took in those soul-stirring eyes, and the way that they seemed to search every inch of him. As she took his hand, he'd reach down, wrapping one of his arms around her shoulders and helping her stand up. He noticed the way that her legs were shaking, and the way her voice sounded, and he wondered just how long she had been stuck here.

He wouldn't get to think about these things for much longer, as the full force of what he could only describe as the strongest heat of his life rocked through his body, and he let out a soft noise, taking a second to recover, even as he could feel the heat of the fire starting to lick at the edge of the tent, and he glanced down at the blue-haired Omega, sheathing his sword and letting go of her hand, and he'd wrap his arm under her thighs, before sweeping her off of her feet and holding her against him. "Hold on tight" He whisperedas he took a step to the entrance of the tent, the Prince ducking out into the chaos of the camp, before setting off for the edge of the forest, the woman clutched closely to his chest,

While Aldrik's eyes scanned back and forth for any dangers directed at the two of them, his mind wandered, thinking about the reaction that he had had to the woman in his arms, and what it could mean. Sure, he had listened to the myths and legends about fated pairs as a child, but he had never put any stock into them. And, it was not unheard of for a sudden heat to strike both an Alpha and Omega when they first encountered one another.

The scent of smoke and ash would cling to the two of them by the time Aldrik got them out of the camp and deep into the forest, and he inhaled sharply, taking a deep breath of the fresh air, even though it was mingled with her scent. A quick glance around would reveal that none of the soldiers had followed them, and he would stop his sprint through the woods, still clutching her to his chest, and, after a quick glance around, he would gently ease her down against a moss covered tree. "Are you okay?" He whispered softly, flushing both from her state of attire, and the primal instincts that were screaming for him to do indecent things and flooding his body with hormones, which only made his scent even stronger.

Aldirk would shrug off the coat that covered his body, the thick fabric inlayed with fur, and he would carelly drape it over her shoulders, hoping to give her both some form of warmth, and decency, and he would gently kneel down in front of her, taking his water flask from where it was strapped to his side, and offering it to her. "What's your name?" He asked, his ears perked up for the noise of anyone or anything else in the forest around them.

His arms slid around her shoulders, helping her stand. Minthe knew she was unsteady on her feet.. she'd felt the world shift as she'd risen and she closed her eyes tightly for a moment, letting the feeling pass, whispering "Sorry," almost like ashamed or afraid for making him wait. After a moment, dark blue lashes lifted and her brilliant blue eyes held his. His eyes widened and a soft noise left him even as the flames from the fire licked at the edges of the tent. Without his help, she'd never make it from this camp.. She'd die in the fire his men had set. Shifting he let go of her for a moment, sheathing his sword and bending to pull her into his arms. A gasp left Araminta as she was lifted upwards, her arms slipping around his neck in reflex. His scent was stronger, it washed over her and she shivered in his arms despite the heat surrounding them.

Nodding, she closed her eyes as he ducked through the tent's flap, the brightness of the sun stinging at her eyes. The whimper that left Minthe couldn't be helped and she hid her face against his neck. Smoke was starting to rise around him as he made his way through the camp, the smoky scent stinging her nose. She didn't understand what was happening, but she was thankful for her rescue... Some parts were easier to understand. This was the front lines, her captor had been a prince... The man holding her had run him through.. So he was either a disgruntled member of the kingdom or he was from the other side.. Did it matter to her? Not in the slightest. He was saving her...

The further they went from the camp and fires, the less the scent of smoke filled the air, but it still clung to them both. Permeating their clothing and hair. Minthe had opened her eyes at some point and while she still was held close to his chest, arms still about his shoulders, she seemed less scared. The sounds of the forest around them was soothing. Chitter of birds, the smell of greenery and earth. They had been moving quickly, her body rocking against his as he'd run, but the man had slowed, his gait smoothing out and now she was gently rocked. The motion was soothing despite her climbing fever as her heat washed over her full force. After checking that they were safe, he gently set her on the push surface of moss that climbed along an old tree, long since fallen. Looking up at him, the whisper of his voice drew her full attention.

It was a loaded question. Before he'd found her, Araminta had not been in great shape. For some reason the prince, despite the fact he'd kidnapped her, had wanted her to want to be with him... When the adoration did not come easily or quickly, he'd become cruel. Starving her, denying her water and other simple basics like bathing and proper clothing. Occasionally he'd beaten her, but never enough to damage what he considered his property. Since he'd found her, killed Erebus and taken her away, things had changed and Minthe wasn't sure if it was for better or worse yet. The one thing she knew was she was in heat and was suffering the effects that came with it. Her cheeks were flushed, bright pink and her body craved something that asking a complete stranger for was unthinkable.

He'd shrugged off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders as she had considered how to answer him. That only delayed her answer long as she was now enveloped in his scent. The water was offered as he knelt before her and she took it, taking greedy gulps, before blushing, and handing it back to him. "I.. I am okay." There was something to her voice that indicated not everything was alright, though he could likely guess the what. As an Alpha there was no doubt that he'd seen an Omega in heat before and the signs were not hidden for Araminta. "Thank you for your coat.." This came before her name, her eyes meeting his. "My name is Araminta, you can call me Minthe though, if you like." The name fit her, her coloring, the blues, whites and silvers of her coloring indeed mint like. Her eyes were searching his face, before she asked, "Who are you?" Blush flared, though barely visible through the flush on her cheeks. "Sorry.. Just.. you killed.. and then the fire.. " It was clear she was trying to figure out if she was now better off, though every sign pointed to yes. The coat and water clear signs for the small female.

Aldrik glanced over his shoulder as he heard some of the nearby brush get disturbed, relaxing as he saw it was only a squirrel, climbing up a tree, and his attention would quickly return to the woman. "Are you sure?" He asked, though, it wasn't hard to ponder what could be wrong. The rut wracking his body at the moment had his insides in all sorts of different states, and he could easily pick up on the blush that was covering her cheeks. He'd gently push the water canteen back into her hands. "You need it more than I do right now" He fell quiet as she started to talk again, his full attention on the small, blue-haired female in front of him. 'Araminta. Minthe' He repeated her name to himself. It was a unique name, though it did seem to suit the young woman.

"My name's Aldrik Von Winter," He told her, a worried look crossing his face at her next comment, and he reached down, resting a hand on her shoulder for a second, before pausing and removing his hand, thinking that his touch perhaps wouldn't be the most helpful thing, considering that she seemed to be just as affected by his presence as he was by hers. "It's okay" He offered her a gentle smile, glancing around the forest before returning his gaze to her. "I can imagine everything was a bit chaotic for you, yes?" He paused, thinking over his next words carefully. "I apologize. I never meant to put you in any danger. If I had known you were inside the tent.." He fell quiet for a second. "It was not my intent to put you in danger" He finished, glancing away and pushing himself to his feet, and he narrowed his eyes, glancing back out across the woods and the grasslands beyond that. He could see the fire spreading, and the men of the Valindorian army moving about to extinguish the flames.

Aldrik knew it would not be long before the flames were gone, and then the men would find Erebus's body if they hadn't already, and then they would come seeking his head in return for the life of their Prince. "Araminta" He murmured, turning back to her and dropping to one knee, reaching down to rest his hand on her shoulder. "I need to start moving, and, I know we don't know one another, and you have no reason to trust me, but, I do not want to leave you here, for Erebus's men to find. I doubt they would be kind to you" He whispered, removing his hand from her shoulder and slowly rising to his feet, his armor creaking as he stretched, before reaching back down to offer her his hand. "And I do not wish to leave you to such a terrible fate. I can get you to safety, somewhere far from here, and then the two of us can part ways, and you can put this behind you"

Was she sure? Not in the slightest.. She'd gone days without proper food or water. Yet, he'd rescued her. With any luck it meant her life was taking a turn for the better. The heat though was concerning. The offered canteen was pushed back into her hands and she gave him a shy smile. "Thank you," the words held her gratitude and she took another thirsty sip before looking up at him, telling him her name. "Aldrik," his name was whispered softly before she brought up what had happened. Her eyes drifted past him, as if she could still see the fires as they licked at the tents. His hand brushed against her shoulder. Her lips parted and she bit back a whimper, eyes closing for a moment.

"I can imagine everything was a bit chaotic for you, yes?"

A weak chuckle left her and Minthe nodded. "Perhaps a touch." It was clear she had no idea who he was, the way she spoke to him, the almost teasing tone of her voice. Araminta would have never talked to a royal so casually. Hell, had she known, she might have tried to grovel at his feet. She offered another soft smile and shook her head, trying to maintain a small semblance of normal, despite her heat eating at her. "There was no way for you to know I was there..." She meant it too. In truth Araminta would have never thought her Prince would kidnap her and fall just shy of raping her... though had she not been rescued that may only have be true for a day or so more. Shivering slightly as she thought Erebus forcing himself on her.

Her eyes had closed as she'd tried to brush the rising panic and fear at what could have been before he said her name. Before her Aldrik was on his knee, her name coming from his lips. The warmth of his hand on her shoulder made her breath come out in a quick little pant. The touch was far from helping. Nodding some she understood his meaning. "They'd rape me.." her words soft. Right now... she doubted they'd even be able to stop themselves. She could only imagine how she smelled, her pheromones going crazy, the sickly sweet scent of her permeating the air around them.

He rose and offered her hand. Looking at his hand for a long moment, she nodded again, her blue hair swaying. "Okay.." Her smaller hand slid into his, fingers lacing with his own. She blushed at how easily the motion had come to her, though the color in her cheeks was likely hard to see as her temperature continued to rise. "Sorry," there was embarrassment in her voice, yet she couldn't bring herself to pull her hand back. It was more than possible for Omega to force their heat on an Alpha. She'd heard tales of Omega using it to try and elevate their status. Exhaling, she tried to uncurl her fingers, to pull her hand back... All the while she slowly rose to her feet, swaying slightly.

He'd need to carry her again. It would slow them down, but not nearly as bad if she tried to walk.

Aldrik couldn't help but laugh a little at the chuckle that escaped the blue-haired woman beneath him, and the teasing tone in her voice made him relax a little, despite everything that was going on around them. It was evident that she didn't know who he was, and for that, he was thankful. He didn't want to be treated differently just because of whom he was born to, but he knew that was something unavoidable. But, perhaps for this limited time, he could escape the reputation that came with being the Prince of a Kingdom.

"And yet I am still sorry, Araminta" He murmured as she said that he had no idea she was there, and then he fell quiet at her comment about what the men would do to her, and he squeezed her shoulder again. "I'm not going to let them touch you" He promised her, his eyes full of concern as he looked down at the woman. "You're going to be perfectly fine. Alright?" He smiled brightly at her, trying to reassure her. He could only imagine what the thought of a group of men having their way with her, would make her think.

As she took his hand, he couldn't help but watch the way her hair swayed, the blue locks cascading down her shoulders, and he couldn't help but flush a little as he felt the rut that had been taking ahold of his body to send another wave of sensations through him, and he forced himself to take a deep breath, even as she laced her fingers with his own. Her apology made him pause. Why was she apologizing? "It's okay, Araminta" He watched her unfurl her fingers a little as she pulled herself to her feet, and he noted the way she swayed and stumbled a little.

Reaching out, Aldrik would rest his hand on her hip, a concerned look on his face as he stared down at her. "I'm going to carry you again" He murmured, reaching around her waist to gently scoop her up against him, and he couldn't help but flush even deeper as he held her tight, shifting her gently in his arms so she was pressed up against him, her head against the crook of his neck. "How are you feeling?" He tried his best to ignore the pleasant burning sensation spreading in his gut, more concerned with the health of the woman in his arms as they started to disappear into the woods.

It wouldn't take long for the two of them to be deep into the woods, with the sunlight disappearing into the trees as the cliff started to loom over them, and Aldrik paused to look at the bundle of blue hair that was clutched tightly in his arms. "We're almost there" He reassured her, glancing over his shoulder to make sure they weren't being followed, and, once he was sure there was no one nearby, he'd take them up to the base of the cliff. After moving a curtain of moss to the side, Aldirk slipped past it, still clutching Araminta tight in his arms, making sure she wasn't scraping up against the cliff walls as he carried her into the cave.

Aldrik paused for a second, taking a deep breath of air as he let himself relax a little, confident that he, and Araminta were now safe, and he enjoyed the sight of the small cabin that was up in the back of the cave. He and his men had constructed several bolt holes like these, and they dotted the cliffs that stretched on for miles "We'll be safe here." He murmured to Araminta as he took her to the cabin, opening the door up, revealing a smallish room, with a small fire pit, and a pair of cots, as well as a box of supplies.

He let out a relaxed sigh, making his way over to one of the cots where he slowly eased himself to his knees, and gently let Araminta out of his arms, making sure he let her head lay down on the pillow, before he sank down, sitting next to her. "Are you feeling any better?" He asked her, staring down at her with worried eyes, even as he swallowed heavily, wishing that the rut that was still demanding that he touch Araminta would go away, so that he could just care for the woman. "Would you like some water?" He paused, glancing at the firewood that was in the corner. "And a hot meal?" He offered, unsure of why exactly he was feeling so protective of her. And why it was tugging at him nearly as strongly as the rut that only felt stronger as he sat next to Araminta, and breathed in her pheromones.

Aldrik was kind, she was starting to realize. There was perhaps a chance that he was playing some sort of game, a long con before shattering the carefully crafted illusion. Though Minthe doubted it. There was something about his eyes that made her doubt that possibility. The gentle squeeze to her shoulder only drove that feeling home. There was very little doubt in either mind that had she been found by the soldiers what would happen to her. Her smaller hand rose to cover his own and she smiled up at him softly. "Thank you," the words were soft. She could only imagine what her building heat was doing to Aldrik. She knew how Omega's heats affected Alphas and there was no doubt in her mind that Aldrik was an Alpha. Even had she not seen his fangs, she could smell him. It wasn't helping.

Was it that scent or maybe the kindness that had her taking his hand? Blushing and apologizing moments later. He didn't shake her hand free and she swore she could feel his fingers tighten around her. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Was it because he'd felt her sway slightly? Or was it something else... Araminta knew what she hoped and she felt like a foolish little girl. Fated pairs were a thing of myth. This was likely some stress induced heat. When the impossible rose before one, the easiest way to explain it away was to find a more reasonable explanation and that was what Minthe did.

He steadied her and she nodded, lashes lowering. Scooped up into his arms, his scent was stronger again and it made her head spin slightly as he began to move through the woods once more. her head had fallen to his shoulder as he'd lifted her and Araminta fought as long as she could from burying her nose in the crook of his neck. She lasted perhaps five minutes before he'd feel the softness of her nose against his neck, her slow deep breaths ruffling against the tiny hairs along the smooth column of his neck. The question made her start and her head shot up a little, hitting against his jaw. Wincing she rubbed her head gently. "I feel okay.. All things considered." She wanted to roll herself in his scent, feel his hands on her. The desires of her body, inexperienced as it was, palpable.

Nuzzling her cheek to his shoulder, her eyes closed. Some of the actions were almost compulsion. She felt embarrassed by them and knew that it was one of the reasons that Alphas in her kingdom had been able to gain such a foothold. Omega were too animalistic, really only good for one thing. It had been why the prince had kidnapped her after all. Nodding some, she tried to fight the way she snuggled in just a hair closer. "Okay," her voice whispered. There were other thoughts, as they traveled. Like how Aldrik was able to carry her for so long without seemingly growing tired. The kindness he offered so easily. Even his slight accent, different from any dialect from her kingdom. All she had managed to figure out was that Aldrik wasn't from her kingdom.

Eyes closed, Minthe could feel the sun on her face, warming her pale skin and then suddenly it vanished. Alrdik had shifted to move the curtain of moss away and Minthe opened her eyes, turning to see it fall back into place behind them. She blinked into the dimness of the cave. She could see, illuminated slightly was a ramshackle cabin, clearly built with the idea of shelter but not comfort. Had she been less sure about his intentions, this shack might have scared her. She could hear a stream of some kind, but Araminta was unable to locate it. "Will we?" She put a playfulness into her tone. "This looks like where people come to be murdered." Nuzzling her cheek against his shoulder, the pair made their way into the cabin.

Laid down gently she shifted on the cot and closed her eyes as he sat beside her on the other cot. A small shake of her head was given. Neither of them had mentioned what was happening to her. Aldrik pushed to see if she wanted food or water and Minthe shook her head again. Heats could be dangerous normally. The desire to create a nest, not leave it... And she'd already been malnourished. Not eating now could spell her death. her body hungered, in more than one way, but only one seemed important and that was what made it so dangerous.

Shifting on the bed, she seemed restless and ill at ease and the silence stretched further before she sighed and opened her eyes. Looking at the wooden rafters, her fingers toyed with one of the furs that softened the cot's firm frame. "I am.. I am in heat." There was a sort of lost tone in her voice. She didn't expect him to help her, though she knew he was affected. There was no way he wouldn't be. She also knew he knew, but saying it out loud meant they had to talk about it, deal with it.

Aldrik couldn't help but smile at the playful tone of Araminta's voice. "I will admit, it's certainly not my finest work" He shifted, turning to face the woman. "Perhaps I should redo it to be up to the Lady's standards?" He asked in a teasing tone of his own, before falling quiet as he waited for the blue-haired woman to respond to his question about him cooking her a meal, and when she shook her head to decline the offer, he paused, fixing her with a look, watching as she fell silent again, though he was acutely aware of how she shifted on the bed, an awkward silence falling over the two of them

His mind started to wander as the silenced extended, but no matter where his thoughts went, they would be drawn back to Araminta, and the surge of rampant emotions and hormones rushing throughout his body because of her. He couldn't think of a time where he had a rut that was as severe as the one she had caused him, and that was merely at her presence, and the subsequent heat she had entered. What on earth was he supposed to do? It was driving him up the figurative and literal wall, and it was only getting worse as the two of them settled in across from one another.

Aramintha's words drew Aldrik from his thoughts, the tone of her voice not entirely lost on him as he shifted to look at her. "I.. am aware" He swallowed softly, scooting a little closer to her so that he could easily look down at her face, and he wouldn't say anything else for a second, while he considered his options. There weren't entirely any good ones. It wasn't like he could just leave her here. And it wasn't like he could force her to travel like this. He took a deep breathe, before turning his attention fully to Araminta

"I.." He swallowed softly. Could he really propose to help her with her heat? It seemed ridiculous. They barely even knew one another. "I'm not entirely sure what to do" He admitted in a soft voice, before pausing. "I mean. I know how to, deal with your heat but." He sighed. "And. If you need me to help you, I.." He swallowed. Could he really offer to help her with this? It Even if he was just helping her, on some level he felt bad because it felt like he was taking advantage of her. He scooted a little closer, till he could reach down and rest his hand on her shoulder, giving her a reassuring squeeze. "I don't want to take advantage of you Araminta. But I also want you to be safe. I know how dangerous a heat can be if left unattended to."

Aldrik stared down at Araminta, taking in every little feature of her face, and the way her curls hugged her form, and he couldn't help but notice just how beautiful she was, laid out on the bedroll, and his cheeks flushed, even as her pheromones were wreaking havoc with his body, trying to force him into a rut and give in to the primal urges of their bodies. Taking a deep breath, he forced those urges away, lifting his hand from her shoulder. "What do you need me to do for you, Araminta?" He offered, deciding that even if she was in heat, the choice would be up to her about what the two of them did.

Chuckling she shook her head some, the levity welcome in the approaching apex of her heat. "Just a few homey touches," she teased breathlessly. It was silly, she knew. This was not meant to be anything more than a place for him and the others with him to lay low. A safe place in a hostile land. It wasn't meant for comfort or anything of the sort. Likely, they had also never planned to bring back a woman to the shack, let alone an Omega in heat. The rundown little cabin wasn't set up for the things they would need. The biggest desire that would occur during her heat that the cabin was unprepared for was nesting. Blankets, pillows and softness that Minthe would cocoon herself with as her temperature peaked and her body hit the peak of it's sensitivity.

The silence had stretched between them, awkward, uneasy even as she struggled against her heat. It was no use, she knew it. He likely knew it as well. So she'd brought up the elephant in the room. Told him what he already knew. What else could she do? They couldn't avoid it. Even if he didn't help her, he would suffer with her, unless he had suppressants. If Aldrik did Araminta was sure he'd have used them already, which made her think he was stuck in this boat with her. He moved closer, looking down upon her. She gave him a weak smile. She understood what he faced. Leaving her could be deadly for her. It wasn't unheard of for an Omega to become susceptible to a cold, nor for them to forgo eating and drinking. Traveling with her would be unpleasant for them both and the heady scent she was putting off would draw other Alphas to them if they were nearby.

Then it came to the simpler if not more complex issue. They both felt like they'd be taking advantage of the other. Aldrik was sweet, almost cute as he stumbled through his words. She laughed though and she shook her head. "I worried about the same thing, you know?" This was offered softly and she placed a hand on his own. "I know it's not quite the same, I wasn't in heat and came to you to help me... It's not even my time," she said eyes closing for a moment, "It came so suddenly.." slowly her lashes opened and Minthe looked up at him. "But I still feel like one of those Omegas who try to trick an Alpha."

Inhaling she considered his question. He had saved her. Rescued her from likely rape. It was too much for her to ask him for help. Her eyes searched his face. He was handsome, brave and kind. Would she be taking advantage of his kindness by asking for help? He hadn't been wrong, it could be very dangerous left alone. Biting her lower lip, she was still searching his face. "Would I be the worst to ask for help?" She shifted, rising to sit. One small hand brushed his face, "You are not taking advantage of me..." A shy smile, "you are handsome.. kind.. But please, if you.. if you don't want to.. Just.. just stay with me? Please don't feel pressured.." Minthe had both asked him for help and said he didn't need to. It was confusing, conflicting information. She did want his help, but she wanted him to have the choice too.

Aldrik couldn't help but blush at Araminta's laugh, the following confession of worry earning her a glance and a raised eyebrow before his blush returned with a vengeance as she slipped her hand into his, and he took a second to marvel at just how soft and petite she was. He let out a soft noise at her comment about how it wasn't even her time, and it made him think. It was unheard of for the mere presence of an Alpha to send an Omega into heat.. Unless... He had always been told by everyone in the castle that Fated Pairs were not a thing. That soulmate didn't exist, but.. Maybe they were wrong? Maybe it was the case. Araminta was making him think that it was the case.

"Araminta..." He breathed in softly, getting another whiff of her pheromones that made his body scream and burn, and he looked down at her, giving her fingers a delicate squeeze. "I know it was sudden..." He couldn't help the humorless chuckle that escaped him. "The moment I touched you it started... I don't even know how to describe what I felt but.. I know you are not trying to trick me." He swallowed. What could he say? Dare he approach the idea of Fated Pairs? Soulmates? Was that something she would believe? Aldrik knew it in his bones that something was drawing him to her besides the rut that was gripping his body. But it felt almost silly to bring up.

Araminta was bringing him up short with every little thing she said, and the sight of her biting her lower lip made his heart sing. She looked so.. preciously innocent in the moment. Despite the conversation that the two of them were having. "You wouldn't be the worst to ask for help, Araminta" He promised her, his heart catching in his chest as her hand brushed against his chin. Her comment confirming that he wouldn't be taking advantage of her set him firmly on the path that he would indeed help her, despite her plea for him not to feel pressured.

Aldrik stared down at those innocent, wide eyes, and he shifted, reaching up to peel the armored breastplate off of himself, tugging at the straps, before catching the metal sheet as it came off of his body, setting it down on the other side of the shack before his attention returned to Araminta, who he would scoop up in his arms after making sure his grip on her was firm. "I'm going to help you Minthie." He murmured, sitting down on top of the bed that she had previously occupied, before setting the blue-haired beauty down in his lap. He forced himself to take a deep breath and calm his racing heart. While he had promised he was going to help her.. He knew it wouldn't sit right with him if he didn't address the elephant in the room.. For him at least.

"I.. did want to ask you something though. Before... We go any further" Aldrik admitted, even as he raised a hand to cup Araminta's chin, his calloused fingers gliding over her creamy skin, and he marveled at just how soft she was for a second. "Do you..." He searched for the right words, letting out a frustrated little huff as he stared down at her. "This may sound stupid." He couldn't help but chuckle even as he leaned against the ramshackle wall. "But. I feel this.. tug to you. A.. bond perhaps is the right word." His cheeks took on a darker hue as he shifted beneath her. "And it makes me think of these stories I was told when I was younger. About Fated Pairs. And.." He groaned, letting his head lull back. He was the Prince of a Kingdom. He had given masterful speeches and then slain men when those speeches had failed, but Araminta was reducing him to a pile of confused emotions and struggling words. "And while I dismissed then back then, you are making me think that perhaps they had some truth to them." He swallowed, and his gaze settled on anywhere but the woman in his lap, even as his body reacted to her presence, his manhood slowly growing and pushing against his trousers, causing him to shift even as he awaited her response. "And.. Perhaps I am crazy. Or wrong. Or both.. But I cannot dismiss the possibility that perhaps.." He fell silent, not wanting to dig himself any further into the hole he had dug.

His hand was rough, she realized. He was used to using his hands, be it a sword or some other trade. It was a contrast to the softness of her own hand, one that Araminta found pleasant. For a moment, she pictured the hand she held caressing her body and she shivered, her arousal spiking from her silly little day dream. They had just met, she wouldn't normally be asking, near begging a stranger to help her. In fact, she had never requested aid from any Alpha. There were pills that she could take most of the time and the times she couldn't she was watched over closely by other Omega. It felt almost wonton to throw herself at Aldrik, all but a stranger. Minthe was searching for the same sort or answers that he himself looked for.

Her name drew her from her thoughts and she made a soft, "Hmm?" sound, eyes rising to meet his once more. His hand gave her own a small squeeze and she offered him a smile at the gesture, though the next words made the easy smile falter a fraction and she tilted her head. Say it. Araminta urged him silently, she didn't want to be the one to say it. It, much like her heat, felt like a trap. Though, in truth, if she was wrong, the only one to bear the consequences would be her. She'd be bound to him, if she was wrong and he claimed her, bit down on her gland, changing her life forever. He'd be free to seek other Omega, keep other company, but she'd always be bound to him. Minthe nodded, encouraging him to finish, but Aldrik's voice trailed off.

Instead, she'd changed the subject, just slightly, to ask him if he'd think the worst of her for seeking his help. His answer made a shy smile form on her lips, her hand brushing against his jawline. He shifted, starting to undress and she pulled her hand back from him while he unhooked his breastplate, lifting it from his chest. She watched him with those lovely eyes as he set the armor to the side before answering her. He shifted, sitting on her bed, his answer humming in her ears. I'm going to help you Minthie. The nickname made her smile slightly as he drew her into his lap. It was instinctual for Minthe to shift, curling closer to him, the protection he offered, the softness of her body meeting the distinct hardness of his own. Where her own form was soft, supple, his had been hardened by physical activities; just like his hands had.

The plushness of her tail had been flicking gently, back and forth, a clear sign of a happy little Omega was curled in his lap. Her cheek had been absently nuzzling against his shoulder. In part, she marked him with her scent, but she was marking herself with his scent as well. A hand cupped her chin, pausing her gentle nuzzling, as he spoke and she looked up into his eyes, her pupils drowning the color of her eyes away. It would only make her look more innocent as she gazed up at him. He was having trouble, but Minthe knew he'd circled back to the topic from before and as he shifted, she moved in his lap, cuddling close, though never once did she try to remove her chin from his tender hold. He'd feel her shift now, though like before, she didn't move her chin as she straddled his lap as his head hit the wall behind him. It was then that her head turned and she nuzzled her lips against his palm, pressing a kiss to his skin.

"I have head about them..." Her lips brushed against his hand before she turned her face upwards to look at him, though Araminta couldn't help but notice he looked anywhere but at here for the moment. "I was trying to puzzle it out too," she whispered, shifting some. It was then that she felt his arousal and she stilled, whimpering softly. Her body, while it had never known the touch of an Alpha, a man.. knew what his body's reaction meant her her own answered with a rush of need that took her breath from her. "I was.. afraid to ask.." she choked out after a moment. "If I was wrong, I would be the only one stuck..." There was fear and perhaps a touch of bitterness at how it all worked. Had the prince who kidnapped her bitten her, Fated or not, she would have belonged to him. Clearing her throat Minthe shifted again, unable to help herself, brushing herself against him, a shudder running along her spine as she exhaled. "But, Fated was something that came to mind as to the cause... But fated pairs are a myth..."

Biting her lower lip, Minthe couldn't help how her body moved against him, a needy little grind of her hips against his growing erection. "Aren't they? Someone would have heard of them..." Yet, she understood what Aldrik was saying perfectly. The draw, the need, the way they seemed to fit... Like we were made for one another. She couldn't have been the first Omega he'd been near during their heat... Though he was the first male she'd been near. Somehow, she understood this was different. Much like the way she ground herself against him, it was instinctual.

They were different.

Aldrik chuckled a little as he saw Minthie's tail flicking around against his leg, and as she nuzzled into his shoulder, he reached down to stroke her tail, his fingers brushing across the fluff, enjoying the softness. When she straddled his lap, his cheeks flushed even darker then they had already been. Her lips against his skin brought a soft growl rumbling out of his throat, his eyes narrowing as he peered down at the Omega in his lap, and he pondered just what exactly he was going to do to help her.

"I am glad I am not the only one who has heard of them" He muttered, his fingers curling around her tail, slowly stroking it as he met her gaze, and he couldn't help but get lost in the wide, innocent look that she projected, even though he knew the look was anything but innocent. "It's strange, is it not?" He let out a sigh, his head hitting the wooden wall for a second. "I can feel this... connection to you, that draws me in, and makes me crave you. It makes me want to wrap you in my arms and comfort you, and make sure you know everything is going to be okay. That I can make everything be okay for you"

Aramithia's choked words brought Aldrik to a silence, and he looked down at her with understanding eyes, and he gently turned her head upwards with his grasp on her chin, and promptly leaned down to press a chaste kiss to the corner of her lips, brushing against her cheek and supple lips both. "I understand" He reassured her, his hand abandoning her tail to reach up to wrap around her shoulders, pulling the two of them a little bit closer. "This is not something either of us should take likely, especially considering the circumstances." He took a deep breath, as she brushed up against him, his body instinctually rolling it's hips upwards, and Minthie would be able to feel his erection press against her inner thighs.

"I do not wish for you to be stuck with me, if I am not the right person for you Aramithia" He said, though he felt silly while doing so. The two of them had barely known each other for hours, and yet they were already talking about a commitment to one another that would last their entire life times. But the feeling in his gut whenever he looked at her, and the primal instict that was far stronger then any rut soothed those fears and feelings of silliness.

"Are they truly a myth?" Aldrik asked, taking a deep breath to try and relax his body, and only succeeding in pushing more of Minthie's addictive scent into his system, and he let out a guttural growl as he stared down at her. "Can you truly think to yourself that this is just a normal reaction?" He asked quietly. "I knew the Prince that I killed in that tent. I'm aware he was an Alpha. It is not like you provoked such a response from him, or he caused this reaction in you" He gently squeezed her chin. "Where I come from, Fated Pairs are something that are not quite Myth.. But are certainly not common. They are very, very rare" He confessed.

Aldrik leaned in again, resting his forehead against Minthie's. "Even if we are not.. Fated" He swallowed, saying the words out loud for the first time. "There is something different about us. And whatever that something different is, I do not wish to lose it." He chose his next words very carefully. "But I can tell you, that every little part of me is screaming that you are perfect. That the need and draw I have for you feels right on a level I cannot even begin to explain. As dumb as it sounds, it feels like you were made for me. That you make me whole. Complete. The feeling in my gut screams that to me. That you are everything I will ever want and I need to claim you now" He let out a sigh, letting his hand drop away from her chin. "It sounds so silly, when I say it aloud. But that is the truth. And I will not lie to you Minthie." He blinked, looking down at her with wide, almost.. vunerable eyes. "Regardless of what happens between us. Can you at least tell me how you feel?"

Back
Top Bottom