Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Meetings by Moonlight (Sunshine and Vinaein)

Vinaein

Banned
Banished
@Sunshine and Whiskey

Life in a small town was never something to write home about. Even moreso when one left a small town for another. That hadn't changed even with the sudden rime spree that had overtaken the county. Raven's End still trudged about like nothing had changed. Certainly, lights shone through windows later and people were careful to travel only in groups at night. Curfews had been implemented, children ushered inside by their parents as the sun began to set against the western woods on the town's edge.

Raven's End was like any other small town with old streets, old roads, old houses and old-fashioned people. The touch of modernity did not come easily, though come it did in the end. The movie theater had been upgraded, the restaurants and technology were just a touch more high tech and modern, while the old bars had been replaced by clubs of the evening variety. In the cozy, dockside hamlet of Raven's End, the danger had only made people flock to the nightclubs, as if trying to drown away any fear in the pulse and beat of the music, in the rhythm of the dances.

These also tended to bring in people nobody actually knew, to the frustration of the local police. Lucas "Luke" Moore was sitting now at his aunt Felicia's dining room table, wearing a simple black shirt and jeans. Aunt Felicia was humming off in the kitchen, the scent of cooking eggs, bacon and pancakes wafting out while Luke was reading the local paper. The young man had neatly combed black hair, bright blue eyes and a muscled build, a reminder of his more athletic days.

"Luke!" Aunt Felicia called out, her voice gentle. "You want some toast to go along with your eggs?"

"Oh, sure!" Luke called, still distracted by the paper. Beth Whitebrook had supposedly disappeared, making the rounds in the paper given the fact the Whitebrooks had been a founding family. She had last been seen in the vicinity of the old library near to the school, having apparently been alone according to the janitor. Other people had been arriving from out of town, Raven's End apparently gaining quite the reputation in the state and county for the mysteries.

He heard Felicia's footsteps, his aunt setting down a plate before him. He turned up to see her face, her black hair done up in a tight bun, her hand dropping to squeeze his shoulder. "Are you planning on going out tonight?" She sounded vaguely disapproving, her mouth pressed into a line. "I wish you wouldn't, Luke."

"It's only to one of the clubs. We're going in groups, we're walking one another home. Henry lives right next door, Aunt Felicia. We're gonna be fine, okay? Nothing's even happened by the clubs downtown. And you know it's for my project." He smiled reassuringly, despite her worry. She shook her head slowly.

"Your uncle Thomas would hate me for allowing it. Your mother and father, too."

"You don't have anything to worry about." Luke reached up and squeezed her hand reassuringly. He'd been living in Raven's End for weeks now, writing his thesis after leaving school. Home hadn't been anything special, but coming to stay at another small town in the midst of a mysterious crime spree...he hadn't planned it that way, but it was doing wonders for professional experience. "I promise," he added before he set to breakfast.

---

The day passed, Luke mostly spending it writing. The sun dipped down beyond the trees at Raven's End, Luke setting down the winding path that connected his aunt's home to the rest of the town. The docks were to the east, before the woods, with the fishing boats neatly arranged to await the night. The woods were gently swaying in the evening breeze, the leaves humming with the soft flow. Luke himself was walking with the rest from town, wearing his dark jacket and his hair neatly combed. They were abuzz as they headed down, making the half hour hike to downtown and the more modern parts of Raven's End.

And there it was, the night club. The most popular, with neon words announcing its title, the hum of music audible even from a distance. It appeared almost a castle from where they were, the doorman waiting with arms folded. Luke forgot disappearances and attacks, forgot work, forgot university, forgot anything but the music and the aesthetic....he slipped in, hearing the music and showing his ID to the doorman...

He looked around, transported to another word in Moonlight, seeing the dance floor alive, along with the desire to join it as he scanned the room for anyone he recognized.

Another attack, another disappearance.

Adelaine thought to herself while she shook her head then clicked the television off and placed the remote control on the counter beside her. She just wondered to herself what was happening to the town she’s grown to know and love. There was something within the air that she could sense but exactly what she was sensing was unbeknownst to her currently. Footsteps could be heard nearby, which caused her to not think about any attacks or any other happenings than the ones that were going on within her home. Her eyes fluttered over towards the warlock that had just entered the area she was currently in and Adelaine tried to put a smile on her face but couldn’t. No matter how hard she tried to do so.

❝Let me guess, another attack?❞ The warlock, whose name was Marcus, asked her while she nodded her head in response. Her response caused Marcus to sigh and sit down on a barstool then stroked his chin while he asked another question. ❝So, what are we going to do?❞ Adelaine shrugged her shoulders as she turned around to finish setting a few things up for tonight. ❝I don’t know, to be honest. I just don’t know.❞ Her eyes looked around to see if anyone was coming or waiting in the shadows as she leaned closer to Marcus and whispered. ❝Something’s not right. I can feel it.❞

She leaned back and stood upright then went back to washing glasses and drying them off. Marcus nodded his head before he slapped his hand down on the countertop, which caused her to jump slightly. ❝Is that why you haven’t been sleeping?❞ That was his response to the statement that she had just given him. ❝Yes, it is.❞ A soft sigh escaped over her parted lips as she lowered her head to the floor beneath them as she stayed silent for a moment then went to the back for a few minutes. Adelaine leaned her back against the nearest shelf with her eyes up towards the ceiling above her. She had considered not opening tonight to keep the disappearances down but then again, she also had a business to run.

Adelaine had turned to face the shelf to grab some necessary items then went back to find Marcus still sitting there. It was as if he was looking for an explanation or something about why she hasn’t been sleeping. She answered his question the best way she knew how to and that was all he was getting from her. ❝Why haven’t...❞ She threw her hand up to stop him before he even asked the question as her eyes went to give him a stern look. That made him hush because he knew what would happen if he didn’t and that was a sight no one needed to see. ❝Gather up the others, please.❞

She threw her hand his way as he got up then walked to do as she basically commanded him to do. Adelaine then turned her back toward the counter and leaned against it, her hand rubbed over her face as she grabbed a bottle and glass, which she poured the beverage inside then took a quick sip from it just as her employees got in place. She wasn’t really in the mood for no pep talk before the night started as she sat the bottle and glass down then turned to face them with her hands on the countertop. ❝Let’s do what we usually do guys, every night we come here.❞ With that said, they separated and did what they had to do for the night.

❝Are you okay?❞ Another witch named Martha asked her to which she nodded her head though it wasn’t entirely the truth.

The club filled up quickly with people as she was one of the bartenders there. She put on a happy face for her employees and customers as the club started to fill up.

There was something or someone there that made her feel uneasy and weary. Although that might’ve been from the lack of sleep. Her eyes scanned the bar and whole entire club to find out where this feeling was coming then she saw him. Someone she had never seen here before or in this club, her club. ❝Hey, who is that?❞ She whispered to Marcus as she approached him with a brow raised up out of curiosity. Marcus shrugged his shoulders as Adelaine nodded her head then stepped off from him to approach the bouncers. She simply instructed them to grab the male and take him to her office.

Whenever they did as she instructed, Adelaine told everyone what she was up to and not to worry, and that she’ll be back shortly. She walked inside of the office and stood between her bouncers with a smirk that curved her lips upward on one side. ❝Excuse us.❞ The bouncers walked out of the office and stood outside the office doors as she eyed the male before her. ❝Sorry about this but I just wanted to do this privately. I can tell that you’re not human, correct?❞ She asked of him, even though she already knew the reply.

❝I haven’t seen you around here and now you show up when there have been many more attacks and disappearances.❞ Adelaine brought them up to see if he’ll quiver or know anything about them. ❝And I’d like to know why.❞ She sat her ass on the front edge of her desk, folded her arms over her ample chest, and raised a brow towards him.

❝So, who are you, stranger?❞ Adelaine asked in a soft tone, showing him that he has nothing to fear.

Into the realm of music and mayhem Luke walked. He closed his eyes to take in the scents, a perfumed mixture of cloves, honey, sandalwood and roses, the incense burning upon shelves to mask the smell of alcohol and sweat. He was supposed to be writing about this, his journalism studies upon the effects of such cutting edge clubs on small towns. Yeah, that's right; research, he thought. Sure, research, whatever. He made his way to the bar with Henry, the thick-shouldered former linebacker from school who was eyeing the bartenders now. Luke more or less left them to their devices, asking for a quick drink.

The hot taste of rum burning own his chest made him grin and close his eyes. He savored the trail of flame, eyes closing tightly as he let the music fill him. Transported, he opened his eyes to the chaos of the Moonlight, the strobe casting its glow over what had become his world. Men and women whirled in passionate rhythms to the beat of the music and he suddenly longed to joined them. He caught a wink from one of his friends, flicking a head to the dance floor and to the VIP lounge where only the most favored were allowed.

He was nodding his head in time to the beat of the music. One-two-three with the pounding rhythm. People were losing themselves in the simple joy of life, living and being alive in defiance of whatever might threaten them. Human as you might imagine, just the desire to dance and celebrate as chaos reigned in the town of Raven's End outside. So be it, he thought. He was giving Henry a grin as he moved to the club, Henry's attention away with the others. He was all set, when-

Strong arms seized him. He gasped in surprise, the sound going unheard under the roar of the music. Pulled to the side, Luke couldn't struggle, only aware of two powerful figures he dimly recognized as bouncers. He tried to protest, but either they could not hear him over the music or more likely, they could not have cared less as to what he might have had to say. He was tugged down a passage, the sounds of revelry growing dim. Along he went, pulled by them. His struggles were in vain and fear gripped him. He pulled with a sudden snarl, lit by fear and self preservation. He damn near got away, using strength he didn't even know he had.

But they tightened their grips, one cautioning him to be still, that he wouldn't be harmed, as he heard a door open, shoved instead. There was no torture chamber here, no terror he might never see his aunt and home again. No, instead....was an office. And behind a desk was a beautiful woman with dark skin and long hair. His eyes fluttered, certain he misheard what she said as the bouncers left.

"Not...what? What's that even mean?!" He looked about, trying to make sense of this. "I'm...are you crazy!?" She was sitting on the desk, staring daggers at him with such an intense gaze. "I've been living in town for...I come from...my name's...my name's Luke..." he managed lamely. "Who...who the hell are you?"

And why would she say he wasn't human? What the hell was all this about?

The music was muffled from where her office resided. That meant whatever happened here, no one could hear and wouldn't even know about it. She could feel the presence of her two bouncers stand right outside her door but that was also because she instructed them to do so. Adelaine stared deep into the eyes of the male before her and her gaze became intense by the second. She was going to get him talking one way or another but the way that he was practically manhandled a few moments ago, wasn’t really the best start. With her still sitting on her desk, she removed her arms from over her chest then gripped the edge of the desk. Her tongue went over her plump, glossy lips before they pursed together and she started to speak towards him before he had a chance to reply to her questions.

❝I should apologize because all of this is so sudden.❞ She stated as she leaned forward a little bit with her hand over her chest, which was a sign of her being sincere, as well as her tone. That was probably all of an apology that he was going to get from her because she could sense how tense he might’ve been feeling right about now. Adelaine stood up so that she could walk around her desk and take a seat in her black computer rolling chair, which she scooted closer to the desk then placed her clasped hands on top of it. Her face was currently expressionless because she didn’t want him to read, which was something quite easy to do if you knew her.

Her gaze grew more intense by the second then she smirked as his lips parted and started to speak but stammered through his words. Liar. She thought to herself before she slapped her hands on the desk, stood up then began to walk back towards him. Adelaine huffed at him then placed a smile between her lips that was obviously fake. Her hands clasped together in front of her as she shook her head with her gaze focused on the floor beneath before she lifted her gaze up to focus solely on the man before her. ❝You haven’t even answered my questions and you expect me to answer yours?❞ It wasn’t really a question that deserved a response but still, it was the disrespect for her. ❝Tsk, tsk. I thought you were going to be better than that.❞

Adelaine mentioned as she shook her hand again then went back to her previous position on the desk. At the very least, she did know his name. ❝Such a shame, you haven’t given me any information.❞ Her lips pressed together and she blew a whistle note, which signaled her guards to come into the room. ❝Take him away and cut his throat.❞ She commanded with the wave of her hand as she went back behind her desk then stared at the guards as they grabbed him. ❝Never mind. I changed my mind. Leave us.❞ They looked very confused while they dropped the male, whose name she knows is Luke, back into his seat then she smirked.

❝You see, Luke.... Can I call you Luke? I am a very powerful person here and power is power.❞ Her eyes became even more intense as she leaned forward from behind the desk with her hands gripping the edge again. ❝Now, you better start talking or I won’t stop them next time. I understand you have questions for me but answer mines first and I’ll tell you whatever you want to know.❞

Adelaine stated while she raised a brow towards Luke to engage his reaction to what she had just said. ❝Deal?❞

When ushered into the office, Luke was wishing beyond anything else he had stayed home that night. God, what was on his mind now? He wracked his brain for something, anything...what had Aunt Felicia made him earlier for dinner? Roast beef and mashed potatoes with asparagus, warm cherry cobbler for dessert? Why was he remembering it now, thinking of such simple pleasures? Because, of course, he might never, ever get the chance to do it again. He had no idea what he could have done wrong. Or maybe he hadn't done anything. Maybe he had simply been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He was so scared it was melting away to an eerie sort of calm as he beheld the most intimidating woman of his life. "Just...just tell me what the hell is going..." he trailed off, determined to stay there, strong and tall. If something was coming, he'd meet it, he decided. He only hoped Aunt Felicia wouldn't grieve too much if the worst came to pass, if-

"I should apologize because all of this is so sudden." Those didn't sound the words of a potential executioner, he thought. He paused, swallowing against a dry throat as he faced her. She was intimidating to be sure, disarming him with a smile-or attempting to. It was quite obviously fake and from a woman this lovely, she made herself come off as simply formidable and dangerous-seeming. Then she gave the order for execution. Luke tensed, turning to fight. Strong or not, these men would not take him without a-

They seized him and he prepared to struggle, thrashing before they dropped him into a chair at the next word. His heart refused to stop thundering as he gritted his teeth. "That some kind of sick joke?" He muttered as he looked at the woman, this 'powerful person.' She was staring at him with no attempt at affability, just sheer intensity in her gaze, warning him to deliver something he had no ability to. "I have...I have no idea what you mean," he said. "....My name's Luke. Fine....I'll...I'll answer whatever I can, okay?" He asked as he attempted to keep his cool. There seemed to be no escape for him conventionally, so he'd have to play her game. He tried to will himself to relax.

"....What....what do you want to know? I'll answer if I can..."

Adelaine had Luke right where she wanted him, which made her lips curve up into another smirk. She still held the usual position of hers with her ass placed upon the edge of the desk, arms folded over her ample chest, and her feet planted directly on the ground. Her eyes laid upon him while Adelaine thought about certain to get him to answer her. Of course, she did nearly have his throat cut but again, it was more of a scare tactic than anything. His first question made her chuckle softly then her head shook sideways, signaling her answer.

❝No.❞ She replied sharply and quickly. No one has hardly ever pulled the wool over her eyes and Luke wasn’t going to be the first. ❝I really just did that to engage your reaction. You failed.❞ Adelaine stated with the flick of her hand as it waved dismissively in the air. She had removed herself from the edge of the desk then walked closer to Luke as her arms dropped to her sides. Her hands and arms raised up to show him that she was unarmed. Even though she was a witch, Adelaine didn’t have the strength to use mental magic upon an innocent.

If he was innocent, which was currently to be determined by herself.

She had heard him say that he’ll answer her questions and that made her laugh. ❝Funny because I have asked you three and you haven’t bother to answer either one of them honestly.❞ An acknowledgement that she noticed. ❝All I want to know is...❞ She let the first part of her question hang in the air but not for dramatic effect or anything but because Adelaine wanted him to really pay attention to her and the round of questions she was about to ask him. It was going to be a slew of them, so he better be prepared to answer them all and in order.

Adelaine took a breath before she spoke her questions. ❝Who are you? Besides Luke. What are you? Besides human.❞ She walked around to stand behind Luke, her hands grasped the back of the chair he currently sat down in. ❝Most importantly, what brings you here? Not only to the town but to my nightclub.❞ That was the final she had, for now. She still wondered if he knew about the disappearances and the one or two killings that have happened recently.

Her ears twitched to see how he was going to answer her questions. She had gotten close to him for a reason, which was to see if he was lying or not. Adelaine was basically a human lie detector, which only a select few people knew. She could spot a lie within an instant, which hasn’t surprised a lot of people at this point.

❝Answer those questions and you’re free to go.❞ She told him as she walked back to the desk, her piercing gaze stared at him from over her shoulder. ❝Also, what do you know of the happenings within this town.❞ Adelaine didn’t feel the need to go into specifics as if he knew what she was talking about then it’d be easy to piece this puzzle together for her.

Luke felt like nothing so much as a fly bound within a spider's web. If the spider was beautiful, alluring and with such beautiful, piercing eyes. His breath had quickened, his heart beating as he tried to keep that clear and calm head. His life, he thought, was in danger. This woman wanted something he had no way to know how to satisfy and she had made it clear she could have him killed in a word. Was this what had happened to the missing people of Raven's End? Had they also wandered in to the club and been disposed of at the hands of her?

She was perched on the desk, reminding him of a bird of prey, poised to strike...before she walked over, hands disarmingly at her sides. Luke could have struck out and then tried to run, but he told himself that would be futile. He wasn't getting far if he tried, he thought grimly. Those ogres outside would never let him get more than two steps before he was dead. As for the questions...

Okay, so he hadn't been answering. But he had no idea. He couldn't possibly answer what he didn't know. Unless he made something up. Could that work? Would that mollify her? Or would she press him for more until he could not bluff his way out of this? Only one way, he decided: tell the truth. Wasn't that what Aunt Felicia had always said? Truth sets you free, after all.

"Who am I? Besides Luke? Besides...human? Lady, I'm telling you..." he clenched a fist at his side. "My name is Lucas Moore. I'm....how many times do I have to say I'm human here?! I have no idea what you're talking about! But...I'm studying journalism. I'm doing a report on small town economies and..." He swallowed heavily after a moment. "I used to live in another town. My only family is living here...I only came to your club because I wanted to have fun, isn't that why you have it?" Snark was going to get him killed, he scolded himself, but being reminded of why Aunt Felicia was his only remaining family was making him angry. He didn't expect or want to have things dredged up so furiously tonight.

He was being truthful now, even through the anger. "I know some people are hurt. Other people are missing. I've been sticking in groups. What, have you been taking them?" Questions like that were very suicidal. "I don't appreciate being dragged here, interrogated...what the hell is this?!" He slammed a hand down on the desk suddenly.

"And you STILL haven't told me your- " the desk splintered, the wood cracked from where his hand had struck it. His jaw dropped slightly and he staggered back, aghast at what had just happened. "What...what the hell was that...?" He whispered.

"...I didn't mean...I didn't even hit it that hard..."

Her eyes rolled down to stare at his fists that were currently clenched by his sides. She didn’t even bother to flinch because there was absolutely nothing that he could do to hurt her. Plus, her massive and towering bodyguards were right outside of her office. All she had to do was scream and they’d break down the door and kill Luke right where he sat without a second thought. Adelaine never expected to have such power as that but yet and still, she did and enjoyed it very much. If it wasn’t quite obvious right here, right now. She continued to listen to him then rolled her eyes upward because she grew bored with his life story.

It seemed as if her mind drifted away for a moment because of how bored she was. Adelaine tuned in for a moment whenever he asked her a question about her nightclub. ❝I have it for many reasons.❞ She spoke but not really going directly into details but then give him a counter-response to his own statement. ❝People come here to have fun often though, there was something different tonight.❞

Adelaine mentioned mainly because it was definitely true. There was a sudden shift in the air tonight much like one that had taken hold inside of her office. Something was about to happen but she didn’t know what. She didn’t even bother to signal the guards but instead, stood beside her desk and something prompted her not to sit anywhere near it. The feeling was very heavy that she couldn’t ignore it.

❝If I was the one taking people, do you really think that you’d still be sitting there?❞ Not that she was really looking for a response but just thought she would ask it anyway. ❝No, I am not taking people.❞ She replied with a scoff and a wave of her hand then it happened. Her eyes were focused solely on the desk and the desk alone that she hadn’t even noticed her bodyguards entered the premises and had taken Luke into their hands. They were prepared to do some heavy physical damage and possibly kill him but soon enough, she snapped back into reality then held her hand up. ❝Wait.❞

Adelaine was obviously confused and so was Luke. She held her hand over her chest because she was currently astounded by the display that had just transpired before her very own eyes. ❝Put him down and please, leave us.❞ The guards did as they were told and she walked closer to Luke and kneeled down before him. Her eyes were fixated on his own because she was trying to see past the person before her. ❝How did you do that, Lucas?❞ She exhaled a breath after those words, which were spoken softly because at this point, she had startled him enough and now was not the time to continue.

❝Do you know your family history, by chance?❞ Adelaine questioned. She wanted to help him figure everything out because she didn’t even know what was happening. ❝I’m going to help you.❞ She stood up slowly then raised her hands up before she shrugged her shoulders. ❝That is if you want my help.❞

It would probably be in Lucas’s best interests for her to help him. She has probably been around longer than he has, so she’ll know exactly what to do. ❝I think you may be a...❞ Her tongue ran over her lips before she pursed them together and continued to speak with a word. ❝Vampire. Or Something.❞ She had hoped that he would remain calm and wouldn’t get upset or anything.

After all, he was something and now, they just had to find out what. Adelaine was deeply interested to figure it out, if it wasn’t told by the expression on her face that she tried to hide but couldn’t.

Luke hadn't asked for any of this. He felt a curious twinge of annoyance, even offense at the woman's dismissal of what she had asked. Upon her beautiful features, he could detect impatience, even sarcasm as her eyes flicked upward. Indignation welled up within him as he stared firmly at this woman, who had perched so precariously upon that desk. "Well, you asked," he muttered sullenly, still shaking slightly. He was trying to force himself to calmness. "I was here to have fun until your thugs picked me up, tossed me in here and you threatened me. Just saying."

"Different HOW? Can you stop talking in fucking riddles?" He was looking at the damage to the desk. Such a blow could have shattered his hand, Luke thought. It should certainly smart for a while and yet he felt no pain. The skin was not reddened, there was no swelling. He looked over it before his attention returned to the desk, seeing the cracks, the obvious damage. It had been like he had swung a sledgehammer at it from the damage there. He had never felt so stressed as this, had it just been the adrenaline? No, that was ridiculous, logically there was no way that even that could account for this.

"I have no idea what to think," his voice was chill now, his face sullen. He was staring at her with the dignity he could muster. "If you're not taking peo-....no, you don't know either or you wouldn't have pulled me in here, huh? Is that- AH!" He was cut off as the guards burst in, evidently drawn by the sound of smashing desk. Luke found his arms locked before he twisted, feeling them about to try to harm him. Screw this, he thought. He was done with it, done being manhandled, done being attacked. He drew in energy, suddenly aware he could fight back, hurt and maybe even kill these men. And that didn't exactly sound like a negative to him at the moment...

He snarled out, when-... "Wait." They all paused as the woman gave the command. "Put him down and please, leave us." She continued. The guards released him, Luke sinking down to his knees with relief, feeling his aggression and anger leaking out as the woman looked him in the eye.

"What's your name?" Luke stared at her, eye to eye. He was quieter, but more dignified. Something was surging in him. His blood felt like it was on fire. "I just...reacted. I hit it. I was angry...and my history? I just know Aunt Felicia. She was my dad's sister. Was," he added as he rose to his feet. "I mean...helped a lot when my folks.." he trailed off, averting his eyes. "When they weren't around anymore," he said. "My dad was an accountant, my mom used to work in crafts...or something. That's about all I have. Not very exciting." She was going to help him? Had he heard right? "....Right now, I'll take that help," he admitted cautiously. He was pacing on the room before he heard the word:

"Vampire. or something."

"Wait, what?" He grinned at the absurdity of that. "VAMPIRE? Seriously? Me?" He pointed at himself. "That's not even real and I don't drink blood, I don't sleep in a coffin! Pretty sure I'd notice if I burned up in the sun!" He wasn't upset, it just sounded too insane for him to wrap his mind around. "I..." So much of this still made no sense, but he tried to place himself somewhere to go along with it. "...I'm guessing there's a lot I don't know, huh?" He managed weakly. "....I'd take that help, actually...."

From the anger, he could feel something. Like his senses had been sharpened, like he was....stronger. As if all in a response to him thinking his life had been in danger.

Curiously calm, he asked "can you tell me...just who are you?"

Her eyes looked back at the shards of wooden pieces that were scattered on the floor from the desk. She stood herself up then folded her arms under her breasts while she nodded her head in response to his question. ❝Okay, I’ll stop talking riddles.❞ She pleaded with her hands up in the air then dropped them back down to her side. Her gaze was suddenly focused on his hand and there was no laceration, nothing of the sort and it was all sort of coming together.

Adelaine had scoffed whenever he figured out that she also had no idea who was behind the disappearances. ❝You got me.❞ A shrug of her shoulders as scoffed again, her eyes rolled upward in annoyance. It honestly bugged her because she had no idea but thought she was so close to finding out. Now, it was back to square one but seemingly, she was about to gain a potential ally from all of this.

❝My name?❞ She asked, pointing to herself then closed her eyes while pressing her lips together. ❝Sorry but my name is Adelaine.❞ She replied then stared directly at him whenever he stood up, which made her back up a little bit and sent a shiver down her spine. He was probably harmless but he had no idea what he was, so she had to be a little bit cautious. She knew that he didn’t even know his own strengths and he had no idea what she was. Although she was a witch, there was little she could do if she put her mind to it.

❝Maybe not a vampire but you’re definitely something.❞ Adelaine commented with the shake of her head, confused by what’s currently happening around her. ❝And don’t be preconceive about vampires from what you see in television shows and movies.❞ She remarked, absolutely disgusted by the fact that he even said what he said about vampires. ❝There’s a lot you don’t know, Luke.❞

A little smirk spread at the corner of her lips whenever he said that he’d take her help, which made her very much pleased because she was an expert within the supernatural. Being a witch, you sort of had to be. ❝You already know my name...❞ She started then bit her bottom lip from the nerves that began to swell up inside of her. An exhaled sigh went over her parted lips as she smacked her lips together before responding fully to his question. ❝I’m a witch, where is how I was able to sense that you weren’t exactly human.❞

She finally told him the truth because there was no point in hiding anything anymore. ❝Uhm, shall we go back to the club and enjoy it.❞ Her eyes went the clock that was inside of her office. ❝You still have time to have fun.❞ A remark that made her head for the door, eyes looked over her shoulder at Luke.

❝You coming?❞ She curiously asked while she exited her office and kept walking down the hall, the muffled music grew louder and louder.

Something clawed out from Luke's stomach towards his heart, his gaze upon the mysterious woman as he just sought answers from her. Was that really too much to ask? Answers without a side of nonsense and riddles? Then she said it: "I'll stop talking riddles." He began to breathe steady, realizing something in pure shock: it wasn't bothering him. No, he was calmer than he had been earlier. There was no fear in him, instead he felt better than he had in ages. Luke's heart began to beat steady, his senses sharper than they had been since...ever. He could hear so much, sense so much. He could sense the blood flowing in the witch's veins, his eyes remaining fixed on her as he waited for her to put the pieces together.

She wasn't behind these disappearances. He already figured that fact. He was beginning to slot a few things into place on how he fit in with her, though. So, it might be that....what? He was more than he seemed? Him, just a random, poor journalism student who ended up in the wrong club? A dumb orphan with little by way of family to care if anything happened to him? And yet despite all of this, he couldn't feel any panic now. Instead, he stared calmly like it was him who was the predator now, taking in deep breaths.

"Adelaine." The first time he said her name, letting it pass through his lips like he was sampling a fine wine. "Adelaine," he said it again. Well, only one thing he could even think of to say now: "It's...nice to meet you, Adelaine," he said it quick now, still perturbed at how this evening had begun. "We past you trying to threaten me?" He asked as he kept his eyes upon her, feeling something new deep within him. "...Vampire. Goddammit. That's not even supposed to be real," he said with a low growl to his voice.

"I mean, fine, suppose I beleive I'm....whatever." He whispered. "For the sake of argument, only...what're they like? You can't throw out I'm wrong and not tell me what I'm off about." He willed himself to a calmer state, before he felt...stronger. Faster. "Sorry about your desk," he added as he stepped close. And moved faster than he ever had before. One step and he was suddenly before her. "...I guess I need the help. Witch," he added, not as an insult, but because now he believed it deep within his bones.

Witches, vampires, disappearances, nightclubs. It was like something out of a novel, Luke decided. His eyes flicked to her neck briefly, some instinct making his lips twitch as if being in her presence was stirring something inhuman deep within him. "So you sensed this...dammit..." What hadn't people told him? He swallowed a bit heavily as her eyes flicked to the door.

He didn't spend time questioning it, tagging along by her. "Going to explain to me what all this means?" He spoke a bit louder to be heard over the pounding music. "I don't suppose you'd want to dance then? Least I could do if you're giving me this hand..." This was telling him a few things. First, though...that Adelaine was ignorant of who was making people vanish before them. And that she was incredibly dangerous for a witch.

He didn't make any comments about broomsticks or gingerbread, sensing that might not go over well. Besides, he knew proper folklore from as much as he read. Still.. "At the least...thanks. Adelaine."

Adelaine had turned to face Luke and pressed a hand against his chest, which would cause him to stop within his tracks. Her icy gaze met with his own gaze while she parted her lips lightly before she spoke towards him. ❝First things first, don’t say my name twice again.❞ She let that sink in as it wasn’t a warning but just a heads up for him. ❝Secondly, let’s keep quiet about this, okay?❞ Adelaine wasn’t exactly looking for a response because she really didn’t give him a choice before she continued to speak. ❝Don’t even mention the word vampire aloud because people will be in a panic here if you do.❞

She eventually removed her hand from his chest then placed both hands on her hips, eyes still stared at him. ❝When we’re in a more safe space, I’ll give you more details about what you are.❞ A whisper that came out almost in a hush, which was another hint for him to keep quiet about this. She didn’t feel the need to keep repeating herself. ❝I sense things, yes and I can do other things, which I won’t do right here right now.❞ She stated softly before she continued her journey down the hall, peeking over her shoulder occasionally to see if Luke was following right behind her.

❝Before you go, make sure I give you my address. We can discuss things at my home much more discreetly.❞ She said as they made their way back to the club, which made her smile at the people who were having fun. Many eyes went in their direction, some from her coven members, which she gave a signal that she was fine. The other eyes were because they probably thought that she and Luke just fucked in the back, which absolutely disgusted her.

Her eyes went to him whenever he asked her for a dance. A smirk appeared between her lips, which curved upward as Adelaine did think about it. She might as well start being nice to Luke after nearly scaring him to death and killing him. It was the least she could do.

❝You’re welcome, Luke.❞ She softly said then extended her hand out towards his. ❝How about that dance?❞

Whenever their hands met, Adelaine would escort him to the dance floor as the song changed to a more upbeat, dance tune. She started to sway her hips from side to side, turning her back towards Luke but not getting close to him. She wanted to have a good time, she needed this and so did Luke but that might’ve been because of her.

She turned back to face him with a little giggle that escaped over her parted lips. If it wasn’t obvious, she loved to dance and have fun, which was another reason for the nightclub. Her eyes shifted from person to person to see exactly how they were enjoying themselves. Instinctively, Adelaine lifted her arms to wrap around Luke’s neck and brought her body close to Luke. Her hips still swayed from side to side before she realized what she was doing then broke away from Luke slightly and turned her back towards him again and just continued dancing to the beat.

Just the feel of Adelaine's hand on him brought a measure of pause to Luke. It was not the feel of her hand necessarily, but it was the strength behind it; Adelaine commanded power. Intense power, at that, thought Luke. It was not merely that she had a group of people ready to enact her will and commands, it was the charisma lurking behind those eyes. It was the strength within her. Luke had been halted, chastened. "I'll keep it quiet," he promised. The last thing he wanted was to panic someone in the club after all of this. "I don't want to cause any trouble," he said, neglecting to say her name. "If you promise to tell me later...I can live with that." He knew there were probably reasons for this secrecy...

But he couldn't help the curiosity. Even so, he would comply. Nevermind that he had no idea what she intended for the moment...Luke was still trying to consider how his night had gone so topsy-turvy as this. From a night in a club to vampires and...witches? Clairvoyants? He was wracking his mind for all he might know and came away with the fact that it was not much.

"I promise I'll behave," he said with the same light defiant edge as when Aunt Felicia had scolded him when he was a teenager. He nevertheless planned to comply with Adelaine, valuing his own skin but also because he was growing to respect the mysterious woman more and more....was there fear? Perhaps a touch of it. But he was feeling strangely invigorated. He was feeling like a new man.

It was like a strange high, chasing away any hints of anxiety. And he wanted to see where this was going.

"Your address?" He asked. "you trust me enough for that?" Or she had that confidence. He didn't let the gazes of others bother him. Instead, he walked there alongside Adelaine, striding with purposeful confidence. He didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, nor did he want anyone to know how close he had come to death, before finding out so much of himself. Vampire, the word echoing in his head again and again. Vampire...it couldn't be real...

Yet it was. And being in the club, he didn't hear the music as much as felt it. He could see people and it was like what had happened within Adelaine's office had awoken him. He could sense them, the motions of their bodies, the rush of blood in their veins.

"How about that dance?"

He stared at Adelaine, only offering his hand. He took it firmly, feeling the warmth of her hand as they walked to the floor. The music filled him and he could sense his friends watching, but now his only focus was Adelaine. As she swayed, his hands pressed to Adelaine's sides as he held her with the sway of her, his eyes meeting hers.

How could he have found her frightening? She was laughing, her body moving in time to the pulse of her heart and the rush of her blood. For a moment he held her before she broke from him, while he continued to dance. On instinct, he reached out for her head.

"Dance with me..." His voice was audible in her ear, expression intense as he gazed at her neck, beginning to sway further with the upbeat music, inhaling in her scent.

Adelaine was having too much fun dancing as her peers gazed at her but glared at Luke. She had given the signal many times that he was harmless but they still glared their eyes at him. With the shake of her head, she turned to face him with the nod of her head and leaned in closer, so that he could hear her. ❝I mean, I don’t have to trust you to give you my address. I am well protected.❞ She then nodded her head in different directions to reveal her coven members then whispered in his ear. ❝They are the ones you need to be afraid of.❞

She let go of another giggle before a whoop came over her. Her hips and body continued to dance to the beat, which she did feel Luke’s hands and it didn’t even phase her at this point. The adrenaline was too much for her to be paying attention to something as silly as that. Though, her coven members made sure that they paid close attention.

❝Don’t tell me that you’re getting used to me?❞ Adelaine questioned jokingly since he had grabbed her head and told her to dance with him. She wasn’t going to miss out on this opportunity as one of her arms draped over his shoulder and the other one hung lazily to her side. She brought her body close to his and met his gaze, almost looking like she was in a trance. Adelaine didn’t know what she was feeling but it was definitely something. A feeling that she couldn’t quite explain, not even if you asked her to.

They continued to dance and she had to admit to herself that Luke was actually a pretty good dancer. Although she wouldn’t tell him that out loud. Not right now anyway. Someone had bumped into her and that caused her body to go even closer to Luke and instinctively caused her arms to wrap around his neck, which she didn’t even mind now. Adelaine smirked a little then leaned up to whisper in his ear again. ❝Would you like something to drink?❞ She asked with a purr and because she was getting a little exhausted from dancing.

Their hands would meet each other again and the warmth between them could be felt once more. She’d escort him to the bar as she would go behind it then leaned against the counter in front of him. ❝Anything specific, sir?❞ An inquiry because she didn’t know his desired beverage like her regular customers. ❝And we don’t sell blood here.❞ She’d laugh at her words, which were a play on something that he had mentioned earlier, and thought she’d have a little fun with him now.

❝So, what will it be?❞ She’d ask Luke while she got two glasses ready. She was going to have whatever he was having.

If Adelaine's personal guards had their own eyes on Luke, he no longer gave it any thought. All that mattered was Adelaine and their dance, this rhythmical waltz. Her lips hovered near to his ear as she whispered and indicated the others about, warning him they needed to be afraid. He couldn't help but grin at the prospect. "Scary," he whispered as he moved skillfully. He had no intention of challenging the others, nor in uprooting her coven. He simply continued to dance, presenting no threat and taking none. Perhaps she was wary of him. Perhaps there was a reason for that.

His hands were upon her almost by instinct. He held her into the dance, his eyes upon her as breath escaped him quickly. She was amazing, terrifying and wondrous. The way she swayed, the way she gyrated and waltzed along with him. He was grinning at her now, savoring how she danced with him. This was what he wanted, everything he'd desired when had come out. From threats in her office to this, he could barely believe it. But he couldn't help but love it...

Who wanted normal anyways? "Are you getting used to me?" He answered the question with a question, holding to her as their bodies pressed together. he pushed close to her, other bodies hemming them together. Adelaine was a masterful dancer, perhaps with long experience, he thought while he held to her. He could hear her heartbeat, feel her blood flowing through her veins and it was having a true impact upon him. He pulled her closer, moving in time with her, whether fast paced or a waltz, until at last it ended. The two went to the bar, Luke breathing slowly. "I'll just...wine," he said. "Please." He was thirsty, the mention of blood meant as jest only ignited a flame in the back of his throat. He took the offered wine and downed it quickly while he held to Adelaine's hand. "It seems appropriate, huh?" God, what was happening to him? He felt inhibitions departing, changes coming to him...

"I can't...be out too late," he said. Well, that sounded pathetic. Like he was a child with a curfew. ...but... "I'll come by your house." He leaned and whispered in her ear. "Tomorrow night..." he said quietly as his friends watched them. They wouldn't think much of anything for this now, he considered while he stepped by Adelaine. "I want to know more," he added into her ear. "I want to know much more...tomorrow."

---

Tomorrow came, as it always did. Luke had returned home in a group, even as he still thought of Adelaine all throughout. He raised no seeming objections through it, merely sleepwalking through the day after sleep refused to come to him. Luke simply worked at hos laptop all day, but there was nothing he could think of to ask his aunt...he sighed heavily to himself, not even sure where he might begin. But he couldn't even bring himself to research what he wanted to. So instead he wiled about the day, waiting and waiting....waiting until it came. When night fell.

This time he didn't act like he was going out. No, instead he snuck out...no longer fearing the night alone, he went down, down to the address he had been given thinking it an odd neighborhood for a witch. Here, he thought; first day of the rest of your life, Luke...time for answers after all.

He knocked on the door, waiting for the witch to arrive in the moonlight.

A smirk came over her lips whenever he answered her question with a question and that was something that she usually didn’t like but it was Luke, which was sort of different. ❝Don’t answer my question with a question next time.❞ She replied with the shake of her head then pulled out a wine glass then poured some but only halfway. Adelaine had enjoyed their dance together, which she had to admit made her feel somewhat connected to Luke now. Even with the events that had transpired prior to them getting to this point.

She slid the glass towards him and it was gone just as quickly as she fixed it. Adelaine had rolled her eyes whenever he mentioned that he couldn’t stay out too late. His breath against her ear made her a little hot, which made her lean down on the countertop because of how weak in the knees she became. ❝Tomorrow night, you’ll know all you need to know.❞ Her eyes glared directly into his, which meant that she could now trust him. She smiled while she watched him walk away from her and eventually, the nightclub.

Many of her coven members were curious about the actions of Adelaine but as always, she never gave them an explanation. There was always a method to her madness. She never did anything without planning ahead or without thinking deeply about it first. That’s the one thing that made her stronger than almost everyone around her.

Closing time came and she closed down the club, which even meant that she had to call a cab for the stragglers. With an exhaled sigh, Adelaine rounded up some members of her coven and drove them to her home, which is where they usually stayed anyway.

Once there, they were all very exhausted but Adelaine went to her bedroom, showered in her bathroom then got inside of her bed whenever she got dressed in her nightgown. She wondered to herself if she’d actually be sleeping or up all night worrying like the previous nights.

- & -

The next morning came and she was up, getting breakfast ready for her coven. She had laid out the number of plates and placemats that she needed and while they all sat down, Adelaine needed to deliver a blow to them with just a few simple words. ❝I won’t be at the club tonight.❞ You could hear utensils clatter with plates through the dining room as she took a sip of her juice, her eyes stared at every single person who stared back at her.

With the clear of her throat after she sat her juice down, Adelaine dabbed the corners of her mouth with her napkin. ❝If anyone has anything to say, just say it.❞ A statement that she directed towards them but it seemed as if everyone was confused. ❝Lexia, you know how to close up, so I am trusting you tonight, all right?❞ Lexia had bit her bottom lip then nodded her head before her lips parted to speak. ❝I think we’re all wondering why.❞

Adelaine had exhaled a breath before she replied to Lexia’s statement. ❝I am going to the woods and see what’s going on with these disappearances.❞ She intentionally left out the part that she was going with Luke because it was no one’s business but her own. She slid the keys to the club to Lexia, who grasped them within her hand and smiled a little towards Adelaine.

The day progressed normally as usual then nightfall came. She saw her little babies, as she liked to call them, off to the nightclub. She closed the door behind her as she was expecting Luke to be there any minute now. Adelaine had sat down on the couch and turned on the television as the news was just now starting. Nothing about disappearances so far, which was a good sign. She decided to flip through the channels then heard a knock at the door.

With a breath, she stood up then made a trek towards the door, which she opened and turned the doorknob. It was Luke and a little smile came over her. ❝Hey there. Come on in.❞ Adelaine stepped aside to allow Luke to enter her home then closed the door behind him. ❝So, can I get you anything to drink?❞ She asked him while she made her way to the kitchen to rummage the fridge to see what she had supplied already.

It was then when a breaking news update came across the television about an attack in the woods, which made her ears twitch and stand up to hear the report. She walked closer to the couch and gripped it with her hands, shaking her hand then turned to Luke.

❝Want to go with me to check it out?❞ It was a serious question, one that was really rhetorical and didn't really give Luke a choice to say yes or even no. Adelaine wondered to herself if he’d be up for the challenge. ❝I can tell you more about yourself along the way.❞ She remarked while she grabbed her vehicle keys and threw a jacket on around herself, eyes still focused on Luke.

❝Stay close to me and you’ll be okay, got it?❞ Adelaine hoped that he understood because she didn’t want his blood on her hands.

"Do I get my throat cut if I do that again?" Luke was beginning to find some humor in it as he watched the dark wine trickle down into the glass, a steady dark stream that filled the contained, conforming to the shape. His mind remained back on that dance, remembering the slide of their bodies oh so close together, the gaze of their eyes, locking so close as they had breathed heavily. Adelaine had not been a woman he would have expected to love dancing so much....but he was starting to see something perhaps affectionate in her austere dialect. It was making him like her all the more, if he was being honest.

When the glass slid across the table, he sized it and lifted it to his lips. It was sweet, thick and with a smooth slide down his throat. There was a tang to the aftertaste as it warmed his throat. 'Tomorrow,' she said, 'you'll know all you need to know.' "Making me wait, huh?" He asked. He was used to waiting. After all, he was a budding journalist, an orphan...he'd been used to waiting, to delayed gratification. He could wait, he decided. He would absolutely wait...he finished his wine, noting the lateness of the hour. Ignoring the questioning of his friends, he started out with them, back to the night...

He couldn't get her out of his head, that was obvious before long. He arrived home, making sure Aunt Felicia was asleep. He went to his room, quietly undressing as he got in bed and wondered ever so slightly just what he had to do next. It occurred to him that a powerful witch like had followers, a gathering...what was the word? He thought it over. A coven, that was it. She might have a coven...

This had gotten strange, bizarre beyond measure. He was no closer to answers as to the mystery of this strange town and its strange happenings...but about himself, he was learning more than he had had ever expected to. When the next day came, he counted the hours until he could travel...and when he arrived, he knocked, waiting for the answer at the door. He was wondering what would happen when he knocked.

Only one way to find out, though. He rapped his knuckles upon the door. And there she was: Adelaine. It felt strange to see her in a casual setting, just so...charming and relaxed now. "Thanks," he murmured as he stepped in. "It's good to see you...nice place." It was a nice place...very roomy, cozy for a witch's home. Then if she could get him a drink...before his eyes fixed briefly upon her neck. He felt a stir in his mouth, like something wanted to sharpen. Like he wanted to close his mouth upon her throat, to-

"You have a glass of wine? Water'll be fine though..." He paused, hearing the TV, the news scrolling by to announce the most recent attack. He glanced up in surprise, also noting Adelaine's reaction. There was only one explanation now: he was about to become part of the story. That came to him in a strange rush, the realization they were going to investigate this....Adelaine's reaction left no doubt... "...Yeah," he said firmly. "you know what, I do. Sorry if that was a question with a question." He stepped to her and he took her hand, squeezing tight. "I want to know. I want you to tell me on the way. about me and about yourself, Adelaine."

"I'll stay close to you," he added as they departed. "Your car or mine...and do you have, y'know, people around? People who work for you?" He realized he had kept his grip upon her hand...

❝You didn’t think that a witch’s home would be cozy?❞ She’d ask but again, wasn’t really looking for a response from him because they were currently on a tight schedule. Adelaine had kept in mind that this might be too much for him and if it was, she was going to find a way to pull him out of the premises immediately. ❝And maybe if you’re nice, I’ll get you something to drink when we come back.❞ She spoke with a soft smile to end those words then whispered a few more words but loud enough for him to hear her. ❝If we come back.❞

Adelaide had realized that Luke has taken a step closer towards her and even grasped her hand, which is an action that she didn’t recognize until their hands were connected with each other. Her eyes went down to their hands before they drew back upward to stare into his gaze to engage his reaction. It was kind of hard to read within this exact moment but then again, Luke was hard to read for her anyway.

When Luke asked if they were taking her car or his, it brought her back to herself then wiggled her keys in front of his face with a smile. ❝We’re taking mines and I’m driving, of course.❞ She felt the grip get tighter and tighter around her hand then she released her grip from his. ❝Don’t do that. Ever.❞ Adelaine remarked as she walked out of the door and waited for him to be outside before she closed the door and locked it. With the simple click of a button, she unlocked her vehicle and got inside then buckled up her seat belt. Her eyes went over towards Luke with a little smirk. ❝I hope that you’re ready.❞

With that said, she started to back out of the driveway and start the destination to where the body had been found. Adelaine didn’t really speak a word because she had a feeling that was unusual to stir inside of her. She did realize that she didn’t actually answer his question from a while ago. ❝Uhm, no, by the way.❞ She spoke then looked over towards him momentarily. ❝The question about the witches.❞ Her head shook from side to side as her grasp tightened up around the steering wheel because they were nearing the woods. The lights from the police, firetruck and ambulance could be seen from a distance.

❝They’re all working the club tonight but I can take care of myself.❞ Her eyes looked Luke up and down before she spoke again. ❝Guess I’ll have to take care of you, as well.❞ She remarked while she pulled into an area off by the woods then turned her vehicle off. Adelaine got out of the vehicle then started a trek towards where everyone was gathered. It was an absolute gruesome sight to see and she turned with a gasp into Luke’s arms. She thought that she could handle it but of course, it was quite obvious that she couldn’t.

Adelaine then felt something strange inside of her. The feeling that she had felt whenever they were on the way to the woods. A demon was present and it was one that she had nightmares about. She had kept quiet about it but gasped softly when his eyes met with her own. To cover it up, she looked at Luke in the eyes then a smirk started to form upward in the corner of her lips. ❝Want to go for a stroll?❞ She whispered in his ear while she was still deep within his arms. She placed the nightmare demon in the back of her mind because she didn't want to bring it up to him right now.

A little chuckle came over her while she moved her arms to hang around his neck. Her hands then moved massaged over his arms and she smiled while manevuering from his arms to then start a trek deeper inside of the woods. ❝Are you coming?❞ She questioned a bit seductively with her hand extended out for him to grab, which when he did, she'll lead them to the part of the woods that is lit enough by the moon above them.

Well, that was a fair question, wasn't it? Why wouldn't a witch's home be nice and cozy? It wasn't like they lived in little gingerbread houses out in the middle of the woods, luring in children, or dark castles upon wind-swept peaks. No, apparently they lived nice and comfortable in pleasant houses. Luke was folding his arms. "Something nice to drink. You always condition hospitality on what people can do for you? That another display on what power is?" He couldn't help but quip. Strange as it might have seemed, he was not afraid. Not even remotely.

No, Luke had not felt better in years. When he grasped her hands, his thumb traveled along the dark skin, his smile was almost an intoxication as he settled his eyes on hers. Had he succeeded in throwing her off just a bit? He rather hoped so, in fact. Adelaine was so confident and self-assured that he would take exactly what he could get. He almost laughed when the keys rattled before him, her hand yanked from his grip. He did not bother apologizing, knowing it would be futile with Adelaine. "You probably have the nicer car," he remarked with a weary resignation. "Fine, shotgun for me it is. Please don't take that literally when I outlive my usefulness, okay?"

Well, damn. It was a nice car, he thought. He flicked his tongue against the sharpened tips of his canines. The mention of having a drink had caused them to lengthen ever so slightly. He was getting a handle on this, he thought. This inhuman state of being. When he slipped into the car, he leaned back to let Adelaine drive, sitting in silence until he heard: 'Um, no, by the way.' He glanced at her with a lifted eyebrow until she clarified. "I've had a lot of questions, Adelaine. Not exactly narrowing it down for m here. Plus I know you can take care of yourself. You proved that more than once. Bold, tough witch who could have me killed without batting an eyelash." He should have sounded bitter as he said it. But instead he was grinning at her, with a fond look in his eyes. "The one who helped me wake up to a new world, huh?" He closed one eye in a wink at her, while the car stopped. "Now you're taking care of me..." he added before they walked out.

Through the woods they went, in darkness and deep night. No birds sang, no animals crowded about them. The woods were dark and quiet now. And he was walking alongside Adelaine. His eyes flicked from side to side and damn it, he could see in the dark as clearly as the day. Something had changed within him and he liked it all the more.

More because he was with Adelaine. But when they reached the area, he could see...the sight of the body made him gasp softly as well, though he did not react as strongly. When Adelaine retreated within his arms, Luke seized her. He held her tightly, encircling his arms about her protectively. "Addy..." he whispered. "Addy, I'm here." Why did he say the nickname? Why was he using it so intimately now? "Adelaine...you're strong, remember?" His hand pressed to her hair and he stroked it. "The powerful witch. The one who knows true power..." his lips lingered by her ear

"I've got you..." he said it as a vow until he looked into Adelaine's eyes. "A stroll...?" Something dark was in these woods, but she wanted...Well. Alright then, he decided before she touched his hans. Her fingers dancing over his skin. "I'm coming..." he affirmed as he took her hands. He helps on as they reached a clearing in the woods. Luke could barely resist it, moving close to Adelaine.

"I'm already here," he murmured as he held her in the moonlight. Seeing her there, bathed in gentle shimmers of silvery moonlight, against the trees. And her neck right there. She was beautiful, so beautiful he could barely stand it. His hands shifted to her hair. "Thank you," he whispered.

"For everything so far, Addy..." He leaned down, his mouth going near her throat...instinct all but taking over now. He could resist her no longer.

Adelaine had respected Luke's words of encouragement because she did need to remember exactly who she was. It was the nickname that threw her off and made her cock a brow along with her head to the side. The feel of his lips so close to her ear made her weak in the knees along with feeling his breath, too. When he had accepted that the invitation to go for a stroll, she grasped his hand tightly as the moon was lit perfect and she honestly couldn't take her eyes off of the sight. It was whenever he held her that she instinctively settled into his arms and she raised her hands up to place them onto his chest.

A slight gasp escaped over her parted lips and he started to speak.

Her eyes never left his while he spoke. It was like she was in a trance-like state but she wasn't. Adelaine had seen Luke lean down to place his mouth near her throat and felt like he was going to bite her. She sensed it anyway and before he could, she immediately pushed him away although had a smirk that curved the corner of her lips. Adelaine raised her index finger up and wiggled it from side to side while also shaking her head. That told the whole story before she parted her lips to speak towards him.

❝Sorry for the push.❞ She started then let out a breath and licked her lips. ❝But the bite could be dangerous for myself and you.❞ A lie that she told and tried to get her heart rate to make it seem like it was true. Adelaine took a step closer to him to trail her index finger along the side of his face before placing it upon his lips. ❝If you want, just say it.❞ She removed her finger from his lips then started to circle around him and stopped behind him. ❝Because maybe I want you, as well.❞ She returned the gesture from earlier by placing her lips close to his ear.

Walking to stand back in front of him, she rose her arms up to wrap around his neck while her eyes beamed in the moonlight. She stood on her tippy toes to deliver a quick peck of a kiss onto his lips. Adelaine looked inside of Luke's eyes to see what was happening there and to catch his gaze. Eventually, she leaned back into him to deliver a much more passionate kiss, which made her moan lightly.

If she was being honest with herself, she never had sex with another supernatural being. It had only been humans that she had been with along with some warlocks. With Luke, it felt like there was a spark between them and one that she definitely wanted to electrify her and explore with him. Adelaine did think about her coven and how they would react but that was placed in the back of her mind while their lips were locked with one another. She did slip in a little tongue and wrestled hers with his. ❝How are you feeling?❞ She asked after breaking the kiss between them. Adelaine could sense if Luke was going to lie or not.

Luke was ravenous now. There was a thirst in him, a burning red hunger like nothing he had ever felt before. Instinct had taken over for him, but the hunger was not only for blood. When his lips lingered by Adelaine's ear, he brushed them against the smooth, dark skin of it, very gently so that it might be mistaken for involuntary. When she clasped at his hand, he walked along with her. When she rested her hands upon his chest, he gazed down at her...

And her neck, smooth and perfect, lovely and waiting...he wanted his teeth within it, to draw out the beautiful crimson red to slake that hunger. But that wasn't all, was it? The other hunger kindled in him, until it was a wildfire...he did not just want her blood. He wanted her. He wanted Adelaine.

He wanted Addy. When she pulled from him, the smooth smile on her face like a red crescent moon, her eyes dancing against him, before her finger wagged. Would she deny him this? Just a few drops, after all she'd put him through. He couldn't help but grin at her sheer audacity, her level of control. "Dangerous...?" He whispered. What could be threatening about that? But the race of her heart, the change of her scent...

She was lying. He could have lunged for her throat then, but instead he let her finger linger to his lips, her voice coming out in a breath. "Addy..." he looked into her eyes, his own glittering before he said it. Three words that might change the course of everything.

"I want you."

Standing in the moonlight, he felt her rise up and kiss him. Her lips, soft and warm against him as he leaned in. He put his arms about her and he pulled her to him. He held her against him, brushing those dark curls from her face. He found her lips and sealed his to them. The kiss was inviting, soft, warm, tender...

And then it deepened. A spark that built into a forest fire, a gust that built into a gale, a storm of passion as he kissed her with a furious hunger, a want for her more than her blood. Her tongue slipped between his lips and he teased it with hers. He caught it to his mouth, tenderly sucking at it before they released one another.

How was he feeling? How could he possibly answer that with words? It was not a question he could vocalize. So he simply didn't. He seized her, pulled her in, holding her there with a hand to her cheek and he kissed her with more fire and want than he had ever kissed a woman. He put his lips to her neck and kissed there, nipping and sucking without piercing with those fangs. A hand traveled down to slide against her ass, squeezing it as another slid up her shirt to cup at a swell of her breast. He felt there, his own aura and strength all but overpowering in lust.

He couldn't hold back. She could feel this was going to be quite intense.

❝Very dangerous.❞ Adelaine whispered back while you could visibly see her breath in the night. Luke has used that nickname for her again but his next choice of words made her weak in the knees. She tried her absolute best to not let him see but of course, her best was usually her worst. Adelaine wasn't the best at hiding exactly how she felt and her heartbeat quickened, which she knew Luke could hear. Maybe that was part of her plan, to get him to know that she was lying and eventually falling for him. How could she be though? After all that she had put him through since the moment, they met at her nightclub. Or better yet, how could he want her after all of that. Maybe it was a ploy that he had in mind for her.

Adelaine eyes went directly to the ground beneath them while millions of emotions swirled throughout her body. She had no idea what to do, what to say, or even if she wanted to kiss him again. His lips did feel good and warm against her own. If there was one thing about him, he surely could kiss and she wondered what else he knew what to do exceptionally. Before she could even finish her own thought, she was grasped inside of his arms that caused her to press her own hands against his chest. Not to create a division between them but only to make sure that she kept her balance.

With his hand upon her cheek, it caused a tingling sensation that lit her body up like a fire. Again, he went for the neck but placing kisses and such upon her exposed area. She gasped at the squeeze of her own ass and the cupping of her breast. Adelaine bit her bottom lip with her top teeth while she held in moans. She knew that if she did moan, it would echo throughout the woods and someone would catch them. She left her body to be his for a moment while she had released herself a little. Her fingers lifted themselves up to run through his hair while he nipped at her neck. Adelaine couldn't hold her moans in any longer as she let one slip through her parted lips.

Eventually, she would find his lips again and place a deep kiss upon them. Her fingers trailed down to grasp his belt, which she unbuckled before she unbuttoned the button and unzipped his pants. Adelaine hasn't done anything sexual in quite some time because her heart had been shattered to pieces but this was different. She was unsure as to what Luke was doing to her but she wasn't going to question it because of how much she liked it. No words needed to be spoken between them though she could feel the lust intensify between them.

Adelaine would back Luke up into a nearby tree, still kissing his lips while releasing his pants and letting them fall to expose his briefs. Her bedroom eyes glowed well into the moonlight now while she knelt down and removed the briefs, exposing his hard cock before her. Her eyes looked upward at Luke, innocently, just to see if he wanted her to or not. Of course, she licked the tip of his head that was meant as a tease because she did want to suck his cock right then and there. She'd wait for his approval, rather it was open or silent, before continuing onward. But Luke should've known that she wanted to continue.

"I like danger," Luke murmured, his voice a breathless little hiss against her. "How oes that make you feel, Addy...?" The trembling of her body, the quickening of the beat of her heart, the breath escaping her...none of it missed him. He was looking at her, still so new to him, still so drawn to her all at once while she stared at him. The urge to kiss her was overpowering. The urge to bite her, the urge to do all the more...but instead, he held her, staring into those eyes of hers.

He knew exactly what he wanted, what she wanted with him and he was bent on taking it with her. Her hands slipped to his chest, Luke gaing at Adelaine. She had taken the key and unlocked the door to his new life, had she not? She had taken him to heights undreamed of before, but days ago. she was responsible for all of that and it made his heart sing to be close to her. When she stumbled there, he held her, with her hands upon him. He held her to ensure she knew he would never let her fall and he would ever be there to hold her.

His mouth worked over the smooth dark flesh of her neck, his teeth working upon the softness. Not with fangs, but gentle kisses and caresses. He felt her supple ass, the softness of her breast. He kissed her neck harder, letting her slip herself closer before she combed those fingers into her hair. She moaned in an almost musical noise, his mouth tracing up her throat, hand working at her ass, slipping into her pants to feel it skin to skin. His other hand was up her shirt, resting upon her breast to massage it steadily. He liked her moans. He wanted to hear all the moans she had...

He wanted her alone in a warm bed to make her his in all the best of ways. He wanted them in a place where they could give full devotion to the passion in both of them. It had been months since he had kissed a girl, but his body knew what it was doing. The lust he felt for Adelaine made any other pale before it, cheap imitations to this intensity.

"I want you." He said it like the most natural thing in the world before she had him against a tree. Her hands worked at his pants and he helped to slide them down. His hardened shaft sprang free, full and erect n the moonlight, gifted before her and solid with all the lust she had inspired.

The sweetness of her gaze made his grin widen. His own eyes gave not just permission, but almost ordered her to proceed. The touch of her warm tongue made him shiver in delight and he looked to her full on, giving the practical command, to stop and proceed with what they both wanted.

"Do it." Not just an order. It was permission for both of them as he coaxed his hard cock into her wait mouth, hand in her hair. Both control and a sign he was with her.

That this was for both of them.

❛I want you.❜

That made her whole entire body tremble with a vibration that she never felt before. It might've been because she has never, ever heard those words escape anyone's mouth until now. Luke was very different and she could tell, which is why she gave him absolute hell beforehand. She wanted this very much and it became quite apparent, so did Luke. When he ordered her to do it, her smile beamed while her eyes still gazed upward him. Adelaine had continuously rolled her tongue over the mushroom tip of his cock before wrapping her lips around the tip only, sucking on it. It was when she opened her mouth, dropped her jaws that half of his length was inside of her mouth. She started at a slow pace while her head bobbed up and down on his cock.

A soft moan escaped from her because his cock tasted so good. She released his cock from her mouth with a pop then leaned in further to lick his balls, giving both of them an equal amount of time with her mouth. Her mouth found its way back to his cock and adjusted herself because now, he was going to moan for sure. Adelaine took Luke's entire cock into her mouth, deepthroating it, and did not gag once. Once again, she released it while a single strand of her saliva hung from her own mouth and the tip of his cock.

They were deep inside of the woods, which they were exposed to be caught. They both seemingly liked danger and what was most dangerous than public sex. Besides their moans being audible, it seemed as if the noises of the woods were cheering them on. She went back to sucking his cock after licking the tip before she did so and picked up a little faster pace while she basically started to fuck her own mouth. Adelaine hadn't done this in quite some time and she even surprised herself with the oral skills that she currently displayed on Luke.

Her eyes looked upward at Luke to see if he was enjoying himself because his moans weren't enough for her. She wanted to see the pleasure on his face, which would've made her quicken the pace of her sucking the length of Luke. Adelaine had stopped sucking again, beginning to stroke his cock that was lathered with her saliva, and went back to suck on his balls, one by one. She wanted to feel that length between the folds of her pussy, which was dripping from how much she wanted Luke right now. Her being horny was definitely an understatement but there was something Luke was doing to her and she was unsure what that was. Adelaine didn't even bother to question it either.

❝So, did you want to continue here or go back to my place?❞ She asked him, leaving the ball in his court and for him to answer. After all, she didn't mind either way and it was quite clear because she did just suck his cock right here in the woods underneath the moonlight. ❝By the way, I guess you see what danger does to me now, huh?❞ Adelaine said in response to a question earlier, which he probably had forgotten about. She wouldn't blame him if he did.

Luke was trembling with a desire he had never remembered feeling for a woman before. Adelaine, "Addy"...this beautiful witch was lighting a fire in him that could scarcely be contemplated by him before. But here it was, kindled by her and he was rock hard, eyes burning with fierce desire. He had never given such a clear order before and to her credit, Adelaine obeyed beautifully.

The sight of that beautiful witch sinking down made his lips curve upwards, his hand threaded in her dark hair. He stroked there , urging her head forward as her wet, warm mouth began to do its work. He saw her full lips take the tip within that mouth, her pace even and measured. The feeling of her mouth was exquisite, he thought, the skill at which she was now sucking his cock. He put his hand behind her head, coaxing her to move on before he felt her lips go to his balls. He managed a low sigh, almost a moan and said her name in sheer erotic rapture.

His hands on her head, he pushed at her mouth firmly, slowly at first as she sucked his cock into it. He tightened his hold as she took the cock down her throat, starting to fuck her mouth in turn, pumping to push the tip down the back of her mouth "Don't you stop..." He bared his fangs lustfully, watching her as the allure of her eagerness consumed him. He met her eyes, seeing the lust in there, demonstrating to her the joy she was giving him. He saw his cock glisten with the wetness from her mouth before she focused on her balls again. Part of him wanted to push her over, to mount and fuck her roughly, pulling her hair and claiming every inch of her.

❝So, did you want to continue here or go back to my place?❞

How could she ask him anything now? He grinned at her at the final phrase, tightening his grip in her hair as he pulled her up, to see him. Then he kissed that exquisite mouth that had just been around his cock, his kisses growing rougher as his hands traveled to her sides. "HEre...then your place," he whispered as he kissed at her ear, her neck, his hand pulling up her shirt. Something primal about this spurred him on and he didn't care if they were caught, not even a little.

He slid her shirt up, exposing her breasts. He felt them, teased at the dark nipples that tipped them. His hand traveled downward then, to her thigh and into her pants. He found the wetness and began to rub, slow and firm, targeting the full lips there before he began to tease her clit.

His mouth found a nipple, sucking firmly there, with his teeth grazing it. He switched to the next, still feeling her as he began to bear her downward to the ground. His mouth worked at her flesh, his tongue tracing the areola of the nipple in a slow circle. And he was sliding her down, right in the midst of the woods, straddling her and kissing her again as he worked any barriers between them away.

On top of her, he guided himself in, sliding the tip between those lips below and into the tightness of her pussy. He looked into her eyes, wanting to see the bliss within them, wanted to see her face as he claimed her as his own.

Sliding in slow, making sure she accommodated him well, before he fucked her rough.

Back
Top Bottom