Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Web of Fate (a rp between Femmesto and Mari)

Femmesto

Star
"Briar! You got a letter here for you! However, this letter says nothing so how did it get here!?" Briar's dad shouted at the bottom of the stairs, Briar did begun to wonder who would send him a letter since he had no friends . . well except one but his father made sure to cut that off since his dad was against magic due to being a religious and crazy pastor. Briar was even scared to come out to his father as gay since he knew his father would kick him out or perform a exorcism on him so he simply told him, "I haven't found anyone that captures my interest." Whenever his father would ask him why he didn't have a girlfriend. "Just leave the letter there, dad and I will grab it." Briar slipped off the bed as he wore a black vest and black dress slacks, dressed as if he was going to a funeral as he went down the stairs and noticed the envelope. Weirdly, as soon as Briar grabbed it, the letter turned into a glittering gold and his eyes grew wide, wondering if his father saw this but his father didn't seem fazed by Briar's reaction. "Briar, why are you staring at a white envelope!?" the witch blinked for a moment, wondering why his father couldn't see the true color of the envelope. Briar's eyes got big at a thought, thinking it was from his friend and he opened up the letter, reading the inside and it was a invite to a wizard and witch school, adorned with purple coating and gold glitter.

"So, dad, you know how have I been applying to collages? Well one of the one's I applied to sent me a acceptance letter!" Briar recalled seeing some books around his dad's study that were hidden away one time as he stumbled upon them and it was a spell to disguise a object. Now, this was also how Briar discovered he was a witch because he was on his way home with a hickey on his neck from the local school boy and he didn't want his dad to find out so on that night, before his dad came home, he tried to do the spell and covered up the hickey by placing his fingers on it and covered the bruise with a flourish. Of course, Briar freaked out about what he could but he had to keep it to himself, knowing his dad would double kill him or kick him out. So, in this instance, he mastered the little trick and made the letter to look like a acceptance letter to a random college as he handed it to his dad. On the inside, it had words of, 'We extend the invite to Kingform University where you are meeting the ultimate God again and become even closer with him as you attend and understand his studies and practices. All expenses are paid for and we pay for your boarding as well. We hope you accept this invite' and his dad was thrilled by the letter while Briar plasted on a fake smile, trying to keep along with the skit. "That is amazing son! Are you going to accept?" Briar let out a sigh before saying, "I am going to keep looking and waiting."

3 months later, Briar was prepping his bags for his leave to the wizard school, excited to start on this new journey but to his dad he was going to school for business management. "I can get my degree and help you with your church, dad." Briar always told his father, even though the man was not liking the idea of a business college since it went against what the dad personally wanted for his son. "Briar, are you sure you want to do this? This has no purpose for you." Briar shook his head as the 19 year old, that was 5ft8 stood up to his 5ft3 dad and simply said, "I am doing this, dad and it isn't coming out of your pocket." And with that being said, Blair grabbed his suitcase and left the house, not looking back as he looked at the original letter that was adorned with purple and gold and once he was in a safe area, away from his dad's house, Blair said the magic words. "As I say these words, I accept my fate and if I am true to my word, I will be spared and not rejected by the school, proving my authenticity of being a witch and the person I am based on this letter that was sent to me. No mortal or anyone on the outside can know the truth or else I will be punished for my adolescence." The letter flew out of his hand and shifted into a big and lavish purple, red, and gold train, ready to take off and Briar knew once he stepped on, he couldn't look back. "Bye father and my old life." Once he stepped on, his clothes changed to that of as green and black bodysuit, his feet adorned with black knee high boots and black gloves on. "Whoa . . " the ferry man controlling the train was a owl at first but then turned into a human with white hair and snow owl wings grinned at Briar as he tipped his hat off. "Welcome home, Briar." The boy smiled as he sat down on the train and within a flash, the train was gone, as if it never existed.

Once the train arrived to the school, Briar stepped down and explore the massive campus and castle building as he saw people with broomsticks fly around above him and seeing sparring matches on the grounds. "Wow . . .why do I feel like I belong?" as he was arriving, he saw multiple kids get off the train and Blair followed the masses, standing in the 'new registration' line as he waited to be checked in and for his paperwork. Briar was excited about this new world he was exploring and himself . . but he did think about his childhood friend and wondered what he was up to.

Riley came from a distinguished family. They all excelled at magic and as the only child from this generation, Riley was expected to flourish. There was one person who never expected more out of him. Briar. He missed his friend every day. Riley had told Briar about his magic, that he was a witch, very quickly after they'd met and he was excited that he wasn't immediately rejected. He knew it was an option, he knew of Briar's father and his thoughts of magic. He would likely tie him down and try to exorcise him; he wouldn't be the only person to try and do so. Not everyone saw magic as something useful, some only saw it as a tool for evil.

Despite this, he lost Briar. His father found their friendship unacceptable and, whenever he tried to contact him, something always blocked him. It was frustrating, and eventually he had to concede. Perhaps he and Briar just weren't meant to be friends, perhaps they weren't meant to know each other. He never left his mind, but Riley continued on with his life.

He continued to learn, continued to flourish as was expected of him. He was talented, friendly, and easily took the position his family wanted for him. They were all excited when he got his acceptance letter. They'd expected it, of course, but to actually hold the gold and purple letter was something else. His extended family all came together to celebrate for him. Whilst it was nice, it once again showed Riley the amount of pressure that was on him.

Meeting with his friends, they left home and went to the train. In a little compartment to themselves, they hurried onto the campus as soon as they could. They joined the new registrations line and Riley paused, frowning as he looked ahead. "He looks familiar..." Riley said, his heart beating quickly in his chest. It couldn't be...but it looked so much like him...

Back
Top Bottom