Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Farmer and the Outlaw (Forgotten Soul x Vega)

Vega

Star
Pain!
Evelyn was not sure what was worse… the pain or the fact she could not get loose from the trap. She had been running for days without rest. Her energy was at the lowest point already and then she got herself trapped in a fox looking trap. Its teeth got a good grip on her ankle and the more she moved her harder she got stuck. Magic, she realised. The trap was not meant for foxes, but elves. She took a closer look at it.

The iron of the trap was well cared for which meant someone would soon come by to check it. Evelyn knew how much trouble she was in already. Not only had she been banished from her home, but she was among humans now.
If they found her… It was the worst punishment from her family. They had held her down, ripped away from the dress from her back and pressed the glowing metal against her shoulder blade. The mark had healed by now, but it would forever be there. A sign for the humans that she was free to pick. There were no elves to protect her. So she was not sure what was worse… The pain or the future.

Time had melted together. Even if the trap had eaten all her energy, she was pretty sure that three days had passed, two ice-cold nights. Three nights. The sunset a long time ago and all Evelyn could do was to lay against the ground with an ankle trapped. This might be her last night… not that it matters. Sleep sounded too much better now.

Ace at some point wandered by the area and heard some shuffling nearby and he followed the noise.... seeing the trapper go towards the trapped elf and he used a spell he learned to open up the ground underneath the trapper before closing the ground once the trapper was under burying him alive but he also made sure the trapper had died. He would go towards the elf and release the trap using a magic to completely break the trap. He would then gently lift her up and begin carrying her home

After about 30 minutes he arrived at his home and carried her to his bedroom "I am glad I found ya lass..." he said calmly now gently setting her on the bed before looking over her ankle "Don't worry though... I am not going to use you like a slave like the others.... I am indebted to your kind...." he said calmly now looking her in the eyes.... he clearly had signs of being a vampire but he had no bloodlust... "You see.... I was once a vampire.... but a traveling elf cured my vampirism....so while the traits still remain... I no longer crave or need blood..." he said smiling towards her beginning to treat the injury using something to dissinfect the wound before carefully wrapping a bandage around her ankle "I am Ace... Ace Blackheart" he said calmly now

"Whats your name?" he asked calmly pouring her some water and bringing it over to her "Stew is cooking right now..." he said adjusting her pillow and soon noticing the mark "You were banished weren't you?" he asked her calmly now looking her in the eyes "I can let you stay here on my farm... but I would need to rebrand you.... so others think you belong to me... so that way you can be safe here" he said calmly now "How long have you been on the run for?"

Everything had felt like a strange dream. In and out of consciousness had she been and now was she not sure where she was. Evelyn did remember a man talking about vampires and heart. She was not really sure what all that was about. Maybe she should have been scared. Evelyn tried her best to stay alert when a glass of water was given to her. Greedly did she drink it all in one go. Evelyn was about to put the glass at the side table when she met his eyes. Those eyes... Evenly shook her head slowly as if to remind herself that he was not a vampire or was he? Why was everything so fuzzy?
Evelyn rested her head against the pillows, she could still hear the man talk but she was not hearing him anymore.

The trap had eaten up all her energy. There was no left. All she needed was some sleep. Just a little sleep.

Evelyn slept for an hour before she woke up in terror. Her mind got caught up with her. She sat up in the bed and looked around... what did she manged to get herself into this time... Was not the banish enough?
"Hello?"

Ace heard her voice and he looked towards her "Got enough rest elf?" he asked calmly now gently bringing a bowl of stew over to her soon smiling towards her "Im going to guess you did not hear me earlier" he said calmly now examining her mark. "I saved you from an elf trapper earlier..." he said calmly looking her in the eyes "Eat up.... I will prepare a nice hot bath for you.... I am guessing you have been on the run for a while" he said calmly now getting up and going out the room starting the bathwater for her. "All I have is a robe to cover you up once your done though... is that ok?" he asked her now sitting down.

He would begin to sip on some coffee looking up at her curiously "Welcome to my farm by the way.... stay as long as you like.... however if you wish for a permanent stay I would atleast like a little help on my farm you know" he said smiling towards her. "I am Ace Blackheart." he said calmly now looking over to her

Evelyn felt bad, she had not even noticed the very pale man in the room. He might have been very calm about the who situation, but she was not. She had no clue where his home was nor how things were going to be like. Just to know that he moved her while she was passed out was a scary thought even if it had ended up saving her. Evelyn just watched him for a while, study him as he moved around in the small house. His skin was pale and his eyes dark like a vampire's. She looked at the bowl of stew he had placed in front of her.
No, she thought and shook her head. I can't eat. Evelyn could already feel how her stomach made a flip. A bath, however, did sound much better. Evelyn rose up slowly and a moment later did her knee hit the floor. Oh, her ankle! It hurt!

She rose up and held it out toward the light from the candles. It had a shade of ugly purples. Nothing seemed to be broken, but she knew she needed to be careful with it for the next days. Evelyn tried to not put too much pressure against the damage when she got to where the water was still running. Evelyn put some hair behind her pointy ear.
"Thank you for saving me, Ace." She told him and gave him a stiff bow. Evelyn knew very well she was now in his dept no matter what she thought about it. He had saved her life, she had nowhere to go. Evelyn knew what the humans did to elves like herself. It was not pretty.

After washing herself up did she felt slightly better. She put the robe that he had offer around herself and then stepped out into the small living room area. Water was still dripping from her hair and she wobbles a bit when she walked but she was not in a panic mood anymore.
"I'm Evelyn."

She would notice Ace carving something soon handing it over to her "Use this to lean against... so your keeping weight off your bad ankle" he said calmly smiling towards her "Its a pleasure to meet you Evelyn..and by all means... the ones who hunt elves deserve death." he said calmly now "I could never.... only time I ever did was when I needed magic strong enough for something.... but I didnt hunt....more like searched... then I met the great elf Vali.... and well he helped my vampirism..." he said calmly now looking towards her then noticing the shades of purple on her ankle and he would go over to her kneeling gently looking over the ankle again. he didnt look up. He knew full well she was most likely nude under the robe and he would see everything.

He wanted this elf to be comfortable with him "If you want I can use an illusion magic to make that purple coloration go away while you heal" he said calmly standing up before looking her in the eyes "Do you want your own room?" he asked calmly now "I'd need to prepare it a bit however if you do... the room we were in was my bedroom." he said calmly now looking at her "I didnt want to toss an injured person on a rough and uncomfortable couch you know" he said chuckling a little bit now as he looked at her soon relaxing some more now

Back
Top Bottom