Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

To Hunt A Dragon

@BlooBlanket
Voran went forward to retrieve his thrown spear, pulling it free of the base of the trunk, not realizing how deep it had sank and causing him to put his boot against the base and yank it out two-handed. “Oof.” He commented to himself, twirling the lance right side up, then back downwards again, absolutely enjoying the way it felt and how elegantly it moved. He never had a weapon like this. He was excited to put it to the test, on beast…and on man, if need be.

He turned to walk back towards the dwarf, who had been joined by the elder Mo’Toya, and he waited a safe distance as gifts were shared with Gostim. He strode back and listened to Gostim explain the legendary durability and strength of dwarven arms and armor, Voran’s face attentive and apt as he took in every detail of his new weapon. Even at his age and experience, he was never against learning new skills and knowledge. His spear would outlast him by a long shot, perhaps even become an heirloom of his lineage, along other prizes if their quest be successful in any degree. It seemed a more desirous goal to build for a future than to attain present day trophies and esteem.

“Again, my gratitude for it. As thanks, when I achieve my first kill on the prowl and hunt, you shall have the honor of first pick of the meat for this honor you bestowed upon me. Truly, it is a magnificent gift, and I shall do its makers proud.” Voran half bowed in respect to the dwarf. It was a gift worthy of the heavens. The first pick of meat from a slain beast wasn’t much, perhaps, but for a nomadic warrior like Voran it was a huge gift to bestow on a companion.

@TheCorsair
Death to the dragon! DEATH TO THE DRAGON!

Voran at first thought this was a rally cry and that the dragon was upon them at that very moment! But it was only the half-orc shouting in pride and battle lust, a contagious aspect to warriors, and Voran lifted the spear and added his shout to the clamor to show his own desire for dragon’s blood, pounding his free fist to his chest. It would be a challenge unlike any other!

He left the dwarf and elder to discuss. Their elf and huntress were in conversation. He strode over to the half-orc, who was testing a club against a shield. “Bash the dragon’s skull in, we’ll get both our trophy and our meat already tenderized!” He chuckled at the half-orc’s ferocious strokes. “Be sure not to knock all of Mordacious’ teeth out, I have claim on those. Trying to get me a new necklace that’ll have all the woodland bears and wolves jealous. How about you, you looking for any take away trophies from our query?” He inquired of Gall.

"Ah, but of course! Don't mention it, it's the least our people could do to help your Tribe." Gostîm would reply in kind, as Voran walked back to him to thank him for their gift. He was a curious creature for someone unused to seeing Dwarves, barely reaching at his hip even if he should have stood upright instead of being hunched over like now. However, he would turn around and chuckle under his beard as the hunter promised him a fine cut of meat in return for the spear crafted from their Furnace. It was true it didn't hold as much value as a heap of gems, or the metals their new weapons were fashioned out of.

"Aye, we'll be roasting that and share it with one another as good friends, I hope. And I must be forward, Voran. I have another gift for you. Let me find it." Gostîm would reach in a satchel kept at his side, and take out his clutched palm. "I have made some trinkets for the journey ahead. Our Priests blessed them with holy prayers, those of the Spark Of Origin, what powers our mighty tools, and gives life to the Dwarves that inhabit the depths of the peaks you no doubt will be very familiar with. I am afraid, I'm not a man of religion. But I am a man who can respect individuals of great talent and equal skill. So, here."

Voran would be handed a curious figure, its' surface pearly white. It pictured a wolf, and its' heft did not prevent the swift looks of the animal from being compromised. It was elegant in the way the lines weaved and curved in on each other. "You may make a necklace or bracelet out of it. It doesn't hold a lot of value by itself...but, I hope it will become very important as a sign of the hardships one must face during our journey. Consider this an anticipation of sorts, for there are more for our companions, as well. Even though I have a suspicion some may have misunderstood my intentions. It is something that will need to be worked on over time and discussed."

Back
Top Bottom