Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Question Ignore Limit

Lord DreamCrusher

Primal yet Intelligent, Savage yet Sophisticated
So, at the risk of coming off the wrong way, I've hit the 1k limit of individuals on my ignore list and was wondering if there's any way to increase that cap? I've gone through and removed people from the list that have been banned or withdrawn from the site in an effort to not bog the list down with pointless entries but, well, I've grown a lot more particular in the type of people I want to roleplay with over the years and I've somewhat used the ignore list to help filter out people's RT's to help me find suitable partners.

Yeah, I know 1k is a lot and honestly I didn't even realize it was building up that high. Most people probably don't need anywhere close to that amount but, well, here I am. Figured I'd ask if nothing else.

IDK the answer, just popped in to say holy shit, 1k is in insane amount! :p

Lol yeah it is. I wish there was a way to have like an ignore list for people you don't want to speak with at all and seperate lists for the respective areas of the forum because most of the people on my list are just people I'm not looking to RP with and don't want to keep seeing their RT's. Only a handful are actual people that I just don't want to speak with any further.

I don’t know what your settings are, but you can make it so only people you follow can PM you, or you can just disable PMing to you in general to avoid talking to those you wish not to.

Lol yeah it is. I wish there was a way to have like an ignore list for people you don't want to speak with at all and seperate lists for the respective areas of the forum because most of the people on my list are just people I'm not looking to RP with and don't want to keep seeing their RT's. Only a handful are actual people that I just don't want to speak with any further.
...I think in this case the suggestion you want to make here is better request thread filters.

Ignore lists are fairly intensive, I'm surprised the limit is at 1k. It is certainly compromising your use of the site.

...I think in this case the suggestion you want to make here is better request thread filters.

Ignore lists are fairly intensive, I'm surprised the limit is at 1k. It is certainly compromising your use of the site.

Just throwing an idea out there, even though I don't know how if it's possible:

But how about the ability to hide a thread? It could be as simple as a "hide"-button (same as we have 'marked as read / unread'), that would hide that thread from the site, so it won't appear when you scroll through the pages of let's say 'Request Threads by Females' and then these threads could end up on a page/in a folder where you will see all your "hidden threads". And of course, the ability to "unhide" them would be nice.

Just throwing an idea out there, even though I don't know how if it's possible:

But how about the ability to hide a thread? It could be as simple as a "hide"-button (same as we have 'marked as read / unread'), that would hide that thread from the site, so it won't appear when you scroll through the pages of let's say 'Request Threads by Females' and then these threads could be found in on a page/in a folder where you could see all your "hidden threads". And of course, the ability to "unhide" them would be nice.
This would at least be comparatively simple. I can put it on my list when I get to my thread rework.

Another xenforo RP forum has a Ignore Thread button which I love and use regularly. It would be awesome to have here. I think a lot of people here use Ignore for the exact reason in the OP.

I don’t know what your settings are, but you can make it so only people you follow can PM you, or you can just disable PMing to you in general to avoid talking to those you wish not to.

That doesn't really help me personally. I ignore mostly to hide request threads.

This would at least be comparatively simple. I can put it on my list when I get to my thread rework.

Yeah that's basically what I was suggesting in regards to ignoring threads in a specific section. Hiding RT's in certain categories would be perfect, if that's even possible without too much effort.

I can't resist jumping in to say congratulations on living up to your name, at least with respect to the RP desires of 1,000 site members :)

That explains why when I pmed you it didn't work even though I've literally never spoken to you before. I had a bad RT when I first started.

That explains why when I pmed you it didn't work even though I've literally never spoken to you before. I had a bad RT when I first started.
Yeah that would. I don't recognize you so I certainly hold nothing against you. Probably just a case of, like I described, not being interested based on your RT.

I don't think ignore is meant to be used in that manner. Search functions are available to search a forum. I've always thought ignore was meant to ignore people harassing you, posting things that offend you and not to be a forum filter.

I don't think ignore is meant to be used in that manner. Search functions are available to search a forum. I've always thought ignore was meant to ignore people harassing you, posting things that offend you and not to be a forum filter.
Well, UI design and interactive architecture are what one plans for users to do. UX is what users actually want and do.

When a user informs me that they'll absolutely never ever play with me, I don't want to ever see their perfectly-compatible RT ever again. When someone ghosts me or doesn't reply to my initial contact, I don't want to ever make the mistake of contacting them again in a couple months. I won't accept the burden of effort to keep a list of screennames that I want to avoid and check it every time I'm browsing RTs. In lieu of anything else, a button to make sure I don't see users I don't want to see is what achieves my user goal.

I was mostly talking about thread starter using the feature 1,000 times. That must be rare or perhaps is common? I don't use it more than twice in a year.

I was mostly talking about thread starter using the feature 1,000 times. That must be rare or perhaps is common? I don't use it more than twice in a year.
I imagine it's rare. However I'm a lot more particular about potential partners than most, hence why I've managed to reach the limit.

As obieblu said though, there's no other way to hide request threads from my sight. The search feature doesn't really help because you can only search by title or by tags. Titles are all over the place and most people don't use tags. Ignoring people I'm not interested in playing with is currently the only option I have, thus I use it to suit my needs. Unfortunately at this point I'm having trouble all over again since I've hit the cap.

Search of post content is available but you can limit search to title by selecting search title only. Leaving that unchecked would also search post content. You can also limit search to a single or just a couple sections.

Back
Top Bottom