Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Canon Characters Are Fun To Play Against?

Breezi

Purah Brainrot
I figured that since there was a thread about what canon characters were fun to play, I was wondering about the other side of that. What canon characters are ones that you enjoy playing against? It doesn't have to be anything special, and of course every writer is going to play things differently but I'm sure everyone here has a character they tend to like to play against if you do any fandom RPs or anything like that. Any character that's not your own that you've played against. You can give us anecdotes or you can just list the characters, just have a good time and tell us who!

I like heroes with a weakness (ideally, MC), anti heroes and villains that are realistic and "human".

Oh god, too many canons to name that I love playing against. I'll name out a few that my partners probably can guess already who I'm obsessed with their portrayals of.

I never thought I'd be so into one of my partners take on Cloud Strife from FF7- granted I just finished playing the Remake and I disagree with people who think he has no personality- he's just a socially-awkward introvert. Though our story isn't focusing on his characterization that much- my partner is able to write him in such a way it feels really heart-warming to see him come out of his shell and express his love for the one he's fallen for (in this case Tifa!)

Another one is my partner's take on Ezreal from League of Legends, I've sung him praises for a while but it has to be said that he does a fan-fucking-phenomenal job at making this character just utterly adorable and sweet- despite otherwise being a rather carefree and rambunctious sort of person. I have an utter weakness for the explorer type of character that Ezreal fits the bill of and I honestly can't think of a better character I've gotten the pleasure to write against so far, it's just so satisfying having a character like that really want to devote himself entirely to someone in a similar situation- craving love and affection but never getting it. Finally, they get it with each-other and it's just a beautiful explosion.

But in general, I tend to be really into the sort of dopey but well-meaning sort of guy that always gives his 110% percent in everything. Think like Caspar from FE3H or Lloyd Irving from ToS, that's my ideal 'type' I love to play against I suppose. While broken characters are fun, I usually prefer to lean into people discovering themselves- realizing how truly lonely or how much want they really needed when MC comes into the mix- the feeling is usually always mutual. All in all, I like sweetness and characters I think that can deliver that sort of beautiful and passionate romance I'm literally obsessed with writing!

I've got someone whose absolutely destroying me with his portrayal of Jack Marston from the epilogue of RDR1. He's killing it with just the whole... this guy is nineteen. He's still so young but he has been through so much he's been forced to grow up quick into this cold, hard badass. But he still has shimmers of that sweet kid he used to be.

It's like... when the sunlight hits the ridge just right... đź‘Ś

For me personally, I'd have to say the kind of canon characters who are sadistic and dominant, and who dislike MY canon characters.

Often times my interest in specific canon pairings is based entirely on how they interact in their given work, and it making me want to expand on it in RP. With a particular pesonal fancy for ego clashing pairings. It just feels fun when two characters for whatever reason can't stand each other and really want to see each other brought down. Gives some very fun foe-yay vibes. Can range from only some lighthearted playful teasing rivalries to outright hatred for one another.

So my interest isn't simply in specific canons to play with, it's an interest in specific canon pairings. And I always seem to have specific preferences for which one I want to portray, and which ones I want to play against. Such as liking to play Cammy, and playing with Juri or Chun-li.

Back
Top Bottom