Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zavodila (PoisonousIvee/Mr.Aznable)

"Semantics." She said, waving her metal hand dismissively, "You could still be of remarkable aid while fulfilling your duty."

"Well, seeing as I have no idea what is "prime enough to tear me apart" as you've said, I'll need someone knowledgeable of the creatures here, correct? No techno sorcery~ though, I should inform you, techno sorcery isn't my forte, either~ hasn't been for decades~" She replied coyly.

“Fair enough, fair enough.” He said with a grin. “Maybe we should seek out the old librarium for some kind of book on the wildlife.” He said.

"I think that is an excellent idea, Commander...~" She agreed, "Do you know where the closest one is?"

She moved to stand beside him, looking over his arm and absently pressing her chest against him to be as close as possible.

He made a soft noise and moved to scroll in, an outlying settlement had a librarium, and it was about a day’s travel away. “East from here.. Prospect’s Stead..” he said.

"Very good. Shall we?" She moved away, smiling softly up at him, "You know the lay of the land better than I."

He nodded. “Fuel’s on ration until the next munitorum drop so we’re going to ruck from here.”

"How exciting." She smiled, "I've only studied field camping. Mars, as I'm sure you know, is rather inhospitable and camping is highly discouraged. This will be great for my biologis study, as well! I can monitor our vitals as they're effected by the climate and weather! I can study how it effects our sleep as compared to the barracks!" She started to prattle on excitedly, toddling off ahead of him without realizing. It was rather endearing, to say the least.

She stopped and turned, looking to where he was pointing before smiling, "Right, yes, of course! How silly of me, thank you, Commander!" She righted her path quickly before returning to her bubbly little rant.

She wasn't really talking about anything he found interesting; more biologis and magos things thst didn't really concern him much. Her chatter did alert some crowhounds, though, the beasts watching silently through the grass as they walked.

The crowhounds turned their attention to him, their hearing better than Ellianor's to be sure. But they didn't move or come any closer.
"Is everything alright?" She looked back at him, expression concerned; seemed she had heard his disgruntled noise.

She perked up right away, "Oh! Fauna! Wonderful! I need some of those!" She said before looking out into the grass. She scanned the area briefly before walking straight toward the crowhounds.

She stopped and glanced back at them, "Why? Are they the dangerous kind? The crowhounds back at base are rather tame.." And arguably quite smaller.

“Those got used to the city, didn’t have to fight for food. Almost domesticated.” He said.

"These ones aren't keen on people, are they?" She asked, putting eyes back on the crowhounds. Her mechanical eye could see the heat they radiated, so they couldn't hide from her even if they wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom