Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Zi Journal

TheAuthorFormerlyKnownAs

Withdrawn
Withdrawn
VBLs2z5.png

This seems a good a place to discuss the sort of details a prospective partner might which to peruse. Right off the bat I'll note I've been role-playing for a long time. Longer than some members on BMR have been alive in truth, but I don't say this to brag - I got over my elitist phase about twelve years ago - it simply means I'm comfortable, confident, intimately familiar with what works for me, and up-front about what I like and what I would rather avoid. I'm not here to prove anything and have no interest in casting a wide net, trying to win over partners for its own sake, or creating games simply to have them. I may not have elitist expectations with respect to compositional prowess, structural perfection or experience, but I do have high expectations when it comes to shared values, interests, communication, engagement, and characterisation. I'm in no rush and am perfectly happy writing solo while waiting for the right person to come along, and experience has taught me this can take time.

Below you'll find a table of things I love and another of things cannot or will not do. The first is far from comprehensive and I will enlarge it over time, but a truly complete list would be prohibitively long and require constant updating. I also go into more detail below about some of my preferences and values.

• Character development, world-building, flawed characters, developed NPCs, suspense, D/s, coercion, blackmail, non or dub-con, passion overwhelming sense, physical struggles, ripping off clothes, seduction, romance, roughness, punishment, bondage, persuasion, biting, toys, age-play, breath-play, taboos, scratching, hair pulling, heels (sorry, had to add this twice); kissing, nibbling, biting, tickling, fighting for dominance, and much more.
  • Long posts with little to acknowledge or respond to, non-responsive partners, inflexibility, a lack of or poor communication, one liners, doormat submissives, highly unrealistic characteristics or sexual exploits, when every single sexual encounter has to be an epic, marathon session of four-day long endurance trials and esoteric bedroom exploits, vore, sexualised gore, mutilation, extreme sadism, bestiality, necrophilia, strap-ons, pegging, rimming, gaping, toilet play, pony play, inflation, furies, fisting, butt plugs, lactation, needle play.

Xa5QorV.png

• Communication & Engagement: coyness has its charms in real life where subtle hints, body language, attitude and posture can say so much, but here the only way for me to know things is if you tell me, and vice-versa. Moreover there are lots of cool things you just can't do unless you have good communication like integrating a phone conversation into a single post or getting feedback while writing. Sadly a lot of people aren't very communicative, and that's fine but I want to write with the people who are.
  • Collaborators VS. DMs: some people want their partner to handle the plot, some people have a plot that they want to handle themselves, and some people want to collaborate down the line on everything. I'm comfortable with all three approaches and happy to go with whatever my partner most enjoys.
  • The Question of Size: when I'm enjoying a game I can produce some incredibly long posts and this is especially true of introductions, posts that introduce new locations, or occasions when our characters are separated, especially if mine is interacting with NPCs (and I'll develop a supporting cast of NPCs in every game, and hope you'll join the fun) but in general I am a quality-over-quantity writer. Don't get me wrong I like to write, and if you like to read so much the better, but I don't expect every post to match in length, I don't expect every game to be composed of enormous posts, and I have nothing against people who are better at working with a punchier style. Often there is little difference between a few long posts, or a longer series of shorter posts and during character interaction, especially dialogue, shorter can flow better.

Tt5pXWP.png

I've found there are many competing definitions of what it means for a game to be either smut or story focused
3Q1CTfc.png
and while I don't think mine is authoritative I'm including it here to avoid any miscommunication in this area. Smut does not preclude story, rich settings, character depth or anything else, and erotic content can encompass a great deal beyond simple sex scenes and obvious foreplay. In that sense I see no conflict between smut and story. For me the difference is primarily about focus. A game that is primarily concerned with developing a relationship between two characters reads as smut-focused to me - though that doesn't mean it has to be shallow or brimming with sexual content - while a game whose plot is focused on an external source of conflict reads as story focused. I don't dislike either, or expect either to adhere to any set formula. For some smut means accepting any stand-in for story as long as it serves as a framing device for the right sort of sexual content, and any sort of characters as long as they are attractive and make for a suitable vicarious proxy. That's not how I write under any circumstances.

Last edited:
NVYhPFr.png

Names used in my introductions are included only as an aid to writing. I have no specific preferences in this context, and anyone wishing to use an alternative should feel free.

The loud, insisting ringing of a mobile phone currently accompanied the image of a young, shirtless male sitting up amid the tangled sheets of a sizable bed within an even larger bedroom, the cityscape view beyond the floor-to-ceiling windows dominating one wall suggesting the room was on the upper floors of a high-rise apartment. Dark eyes flickered over to the bedside table, and the ringing phone even as the newly awakened figure scratched the back of his head in a way that left his untidy dark hair in even greater disarray than his pillow had. For a moment he looked as if he would turn the phone off, roll over and go back to sleep, yet after a second glance, and upon picking it up, and seeing who was calling it's owner suddenly remembered what day it was. The realization roused him more effectively than any alarm, and he swiped at the phone to answer it immediately.

‘Hey, yeah, it's Mark,’ he intoned, while rolling to the edge of his large bed.

He made for the open door to an on-suite bathroom, but found himself dragging the sheets off his bed in his haste as they tangled around his ankles, kicking at them several times in a rather awkward show as he stumbled before hopping free and divesting himself of the clinging linens.

‘We’re on our way,’ these words made the young man smile although it was not an especially wholesome gesture.

‘Good,’ he responded, ‘I’ve got everything ready on my end, how is she?’

‘She has quite a temper and is rather out of sorts, but we've held off administering any sort of discipline as per your instructions, although she was restrained for her own safety en route,’

‘I'd hope so.’ Mark stated coolly, ‘If she reports having been mistreated in any way we'll be having words and I will want the jobs of whoever is responsible,'

'That shouldn't be a problem, and of course you can call me about anything,' the voice on the other end responded as the young man lifted a coat hanger off the handle of the open bathroom door - a button down shirt and a pair of trousers on it - before pausing in the doorway, as the caller went on, 'Of course, we're most gratified by your patronage Mr. Rhodes. I believe your winning bid last week set a new record, naturally you have a vested interest in the welfare of such a lavish investment. On that note we'd love to have you at our next auction,'

Mark's broad shoulders bucked slightly with an aborted chuckle in response to this, and he shook his head with a carless smile at the polite attempt to pry open his wallet further.

'Thank you for the offer, but I think I'll have my hands full. Also I've seen who you have on offer, and I fear she makes them all look rather uninteresting, but do phone me back when they arrive, yes?' he quirked a dark eyebrow while striding into the bathroom.

The call was ended, and Mark set his phone down atop the bathroom cabinet as he halted in front of the large mirror behind it. It showed the shirtless figure of an athletic young man in his physical prime with broad, powerful shoulders that tapered down to a svelte waist. Though handsomely put-together with pleasantly symmetrical and well proportioned features he possessed the air of one who was far too accustomed to getting what he wanted which was broadcast externally in his posture and expressions as an arrogant sense of unassailable self-assurance. After lazily rolling his athletic shoulders and running a large hand through his dark hair the young man unclasped an understated silver watch from one wrist, setting it next to his phone before tilting his head back slightly as he stroked the dark stubble on his jaw as if contemplating whether to let it grow another day. He snatched up an old-fashioned bronze safety razor from its stand before turning and making for the shower.

From outside the bathroom the sound of running water remained audible for about ten minutes, and not long after it had stopped Mark strode out wearing the same dark button-down shirt and trousers he had picked up earlier as he ran a thumb along his now clean-shaven jawline. He made his way across the breadth of the large bedroom toward the door to his walk-in robe, and re-emerged a moment later in a pair of patent leather shoes to cast his gaze about the large room. There were four doors opening off it; one leading into the on-suite, one to the walk-in robe, one out into the hallway, and another unlike the rest. The heavy glass screen-door broke up the floor-to-ceiling panels of glass that dominated one wall, and it led out onto a cosy terrace complete with a small table setting and an outdoor hot-tub. The cityscape views beyond were stunning, but nothing new to him. The room's interior was not the tidiest of spaces, but for a young man living alone it was much worse than it could have been, and its owner appeared to think it acceptable as he turned to make for the exit, striding out into a hallway - at the end of which was the door to his bedroom - where Mark halted when he reached the next door. One of four, including the one which lead to his own room, it distinguished itself from the others by the presence of a rather heavy lock on the outside. A key hung from a chain looped around the door-handle, and he opened it with this before putting the chain around his neck and dropping it inside his shirt.

‘I hope she appreciates how much this cost,’ Mark muttered to himself as he entered the room.

It was another bedroom, and was no smaller than his own, although it might have appeared so being more heavily furnished. The space contained a small, but comfortable sitting area, a modest library, and a well-appointed entertainment suite along with the bed, matching side-tables and a dresser. There was no balcony, but one wall offered the same cityscape views as in his own bedroom thanks to a series of large floor-to-ceiling windows, and it too possessed both an on-suite bathroom and a large walk-in robe. As he strode towards the latter Mark halted by the dressing table to pull out a drawer and glance inside at some of the high-end cosmetics he had purchased. The brands were something of a mystery to him, but the girl at the store had assured him they were the best, and they had been priced accordingly. He shut the drawer again and strode into the walk-in robe where he turned slowly on his heel to regard its contents. Having only been privy to her measurements for a few days much of what he had ordered had yet to arrive, but there was already an impressive selection of designer clothes, shoes, and several small shelves and glass cabinets containing other personal effects such as fragrances, jewellery and other accessories. The room's contents had cost him a fortune, but then again so had the young woman it had been purchased for. Mark still recalled the auction, which had been his first, and the frenetic bidding war she had inspired. For a moment he felt an uncharacteristic sense of nervousness at how transgressive it had all seemed, bidding to purchase another human being, though he recalled how it had all been business as usual for the other customers. It left him musing, somewhat self-consciously, whether she would pick up on his inexperience although he shook off these concerns quickly enough. Mark was resigned to the fact that this entire situation was new to him and that whatever happened he would have to deal with things one step at a time.

Pulling the door to the wardrobe closed behind him he strode back out into the room to stand opposite the large king-sized bed. The restraints hanging from the steel bed frame made for a fairly suggestive and unusual accessory, and he smirked at the sight before heading for the exit. Even as he stepped outside into the hallway, pulling the door closed behind him, the phone in his pocket began ringing. His dark eyebrows twitched upward expectantly as Mark halted and withdrew it to answer the call.

‘Yes?’ he enquired as he started down the hall.

It ended in a small sitting area where one staircase led up onto the roof, and another lead down to the split-level penthouse apartment's common areas. Mark began to descend the latter.

'We’re downstairs now,’ it was the voice from earlier.

‘Good,’ the young man stated, ‘Bring her up,’

Downstairs now he traversed a series of sizable open-plan living spaces with many large windows boasting expansive city views, all furnished and decorated with a restraint suggestive of a professional touch. Though the young man had no time to reflect on his surroundings as he made his way out. As his apartment took up the two uppermost floors of the complex there was no upstairs lobby, and Instead of a front door the exit took the form of an elevator located in a small foyer with a tiled floor. Mark tapped a foot impatiently as he watched the numbers above the lift doors blinking left-to-right in sequence as the elevator moved from the basement car-park to the eighteenth floor, and he felt his pulse quicken with excitement at the thought of seeing her, although the young man smirked at himself. He was not expecting a warm greeting.

***​

‘Don’t you morons know how to drive?!’ an unmistakably feminine voice snapped from the dark interior of a slick limousine.

The vehicle had just cornered at speed, and with her fettered wrists secured behind her back the young woman in the rear was unable to stop herself toppling over onto her side, and was left laying across one of the two plush, black leather seats. Her sinuous frame shifted awkwardly as she rolled onto her back, and wrenched herself back upright with a frustrated huff. The intonation trailed off into an annoyed sigh when a few errant strands of hair fell past one of her eyes. She attempted to blow it elsewhere, though the treacherous tresses merely fell back into the same place as her lips curled into a scowl.

‘Slow down, you abject morons!’ she snapped in an effort to make herself feel better.

The one pathetic scrap of consolation she had discovered after being sold. Sold. The thought still galled her like nothing else ever had. Sold at an auction - like a fancy car or a new apartment - such as it was though that sliver of consolation lay in the fact that she no longer needed to be fearful of the assortment of criminals, thugs and scumbags who were keeping her prisoner. The bright young woman had figured that out quickly enough after the auction. Not that she wanted to think about that night, but when they called her name, Jessica Meyer, galling in itself as she always went by Jess, it had sparked a frenetic bidding war. The final sum had proven strangely flattering, although she would never have admitted it, especially in contrast to the other young women who had been auctioned at the same event. Jess had reasoned that if she was worth such a massive sum of money to someone they probably wanted their investment handled with care, and it was true the thugs in charge had been showing her rather more deference ever since the sale. For one thing she could tell them exactly what she thought of them at any given opportunity without fear of reprisal, and that was something.

‘Are you even listening?’ Jess demanded, while banging the back of her head against the tinted screen which divided the rear seats from the driving compartment.

The screen rolled down a few inches, and her neck craned as she tried to face it.

‘We can hear you,’ a long-suffering male voice responded, ‘And please, miss, I’m going to have to ask you not to bang your head like that. We’re almost there, but we can slow down if you like. Please be patient,’

‘Don’t try to act civil about this you filthy criminal piece of shit!’ she rejoined hotly, ‘I can’t even stay upright back here because you assholes chained up my ankles!’ Jess frowned while glancing down at the thin chain adjoining the two fetters clasped around her ankles.

‘That’s because the last time you were in a car, you opened one of the doors with your toes and tried to jump out. You could have been killed.’ the same voice responded in an infuriatingly reasonable tone.

‘Sure, you can’t have your expensive livestock dying. How selfish of me,’ her eyes narrowed as the screen closed once more, and the young woman banged her head against it again, ‘Yeah, fuck you both! Cowardly fucking pricks,’

The young woman was left wincing as the back of her head started aching, and she knew she wasn‘t going to keep it up. Moreover it did feel like the driver was taking things more slowly now as when Jess felt them rounding another corner she was able to remain upright while letting out a frustrated sigh as she thought back to the auction. It was a troubling memory. Not that Jess had an abundance of good memories since the evening when she’d been kidnapped, and that event was all just a blur of being grabbed and dragged into a van. The chemical aroma of the moist gauze wad that had been clamped over her mouth remained vivid, but the rest was a hazy pastiche of missing time and periods of unconsciousness punctuated by intense anxiety. Once she had realised no one was going to hurt her the fear had been replaced by outrage, yet thoughts of the auction still left her feeling slightly queasy. It had all been handled so casually and efficiently. Jess had only caught a brief glimpse of the location from outside, but it had looked like the home of someone very wealthy. One of those sizable Neo Georgian mansions in a sparsely built area with miles between each neighbour. Without thinking images of the dressing room, and the stage where she’d been displayed to the bidders flashed behind her eyes. A massive two-way mirror had been installed from the floor to the ceiling between the buyers and their ‘commodities.’

They weren’t some common criminals. That much was certain. Hell she doubted such people even thought of themselves as criminals, and doubtless it was easy enough for them to maintain a façade of respectability. It made her stomach drop to think of it, but these were the kind of people that did not get caught in real life. No heroic detectives were going to be kicking in the door to rescue her and bring them to justice. Jess shook her head as she worked her fingers, clenching her hands behind her svelte back, as the cuffs obliged her to lean against her own hands and forearms and they were going to sleep. It had never occurred to her before this just how nice it was to be able to move freely, but at that moment Jess would have paid anything for the chance to stretch her arms and shoulders properly. Hopefully when they arrived she would get the chance. Once again she attempted to blow aside the same wayward lock of hair that had fallen over her eyes, but it still refused to budge and Jess shook her head angrily, but that only made it worse. Squirming awkwardly she attempted to brush the hair away by stroking the side of her face over one of her slender shoulders, and it did improve matters somewhat.

‘How much longer is this going to take?’ she demanded.

Then the thought of actually arriving saw her stomach drop when she realized the car had slowed to a crawl, and was now at a dead stop. That they had arrived. She shifted nervously, her hips squirming as she tried to slide the skirt of her short dress further down her thighs, but it did not help much. Footsteps and thudding car doors were audible from outside. Soon the young woman would be meeting her new owner. Owner. The galling premise saw her glowering angrily even as the screen was lowered again.

‘We’ll be taking you in now,’ the voice from earlier spoke once more, ‘Your buyer said not to gag you, but if you make a fuss we won’t have much choice.’

‘Hey,’ she responded in a softer, more plaintive tone, ‘You guys, you’re… you’re not really going to take me up there, are you? Come on, we both know what this sick fuck wants me for and I know you don’t want that on your conscience, why not just... let me go?’

‘You know we can’t do that,’ Jess perked up at the twinge of guilt in his tone.

‘No, no, you can! You totally can!’ she re-joined swiftly while twisting her spine and craning her neck in an effort to direct her gaze toward the one-way glass panel so they could see her face, ‘Just take these off-’ she shifted her legs in a way that caused the chain running between her ankles to clink and jingle audibly, ‘-Yeah? You can say some rotten cops pulled you over and-’

‘-It won’t work!’ the voice cut back.

‘Why?! Come on, just let me go, please! I won't tell anyone, I'll-’

‘-No!’ her face fell, and she sagged back into her chair at the finality in this intonation, ‘You don’t understand, and I could get in trouble just for talking to you like this so please just stop it. There is no getting away. OK? There is nothing we can do. Except take you upstairs.’

A simple concept, but how simply it plays out is in our hands. The focus is, of course, the premise of slavery, and ownership and in particular the idea of two people with no experience of such arrangements. One because she has only just been thrust into that world. The other because he has never had the opportunity to keep and own a slave before. Of course the question of how slavery works in this game is up to us. My introduction assumes it is an underground institution, and I like that as it would means the female lead has no cultural predisposition towards accepting such an arrangement. However we could change this if you have other ideas. The male lead would be new to such arrangements, and still discovering what he likes and dislikes, and I’m hoping for substantial personality conflict, at least initially, and am open to many kinks. I prefer my character not be some sort of master-manipulator, supremely confident in his ability to bring his new play-thing to heel, although that's not to say he would be clueless either. He's learning, and he will learn. Most importantly while she is his property he did pay an extraordinary amount of money for her. Ergo she is an exquisitely valuable object and not the sort one would think to degrade or damage. I like the idea of playing with that twisted element of respect. His attitude being somewhat like the new owner of a priceless vintage car. Naturally they want to spend as much time as possible driving it. However such a treasure must be taken care of as well. This might entail serious efforts and sacrifice, but if it wasn't worth as much he would never have bought it in the first place.

Last edited:
Sibling Revelry

Another fairly straightforward idea surrounding blackmail. Our lead characters are step-siblings whose parents married fairly recently so that there is no real familial sentiment involved. They did not get along particularly well either, but that wasn‘t to last. Several months ago she lost her job and found it impossible to get another given her college schedule, but their parents did not accept this as an excuse and after a number of fights she was kicked out. After six months crashing on couches and with friends she found herself with nowhere else to go. Times were lean and everyone who had room needed paying tenants. Though one possibility still existed: her step-father owned a little beach-side place not far from her campus where the family would spend the occasional holiday, but the only person who could snag her a key was her jerk of a step-brother. When she finally asked he seemed all too accommodating, almost as if he had something in mind.

Greg strode purposefully towards the pleasant, but rather small town-house with a lazily confident smile on his arrogantly handsome face. It wasn't too far from where he lived - he hadn't been travelling for more than an hour or two - yet there was a sense of isolation there. As he strode down the path which bisected the simple lawn leading toward the front door he found himself savouring - as much as the sound of the nearby surf, and the pleasant salty tang in the crisp air - the feeling that he could do almost anything here. That it was a place outside the realm of his normal life, with different rules. It caused him to smile in a less than wholesome manner while approaching the door as he dug in his pocket for the key, halting just outside it, and slipping it into the lock. As the door swung open he pulled down the hem of his button-down shirt, drawing the thin cotton taut across his athletic torso briefly in an attempt to smooth the creases from its surface. He stretched his arms back, and rolled his well-built shoulders, muscles shivering with pent up energy, before reaching for the bag he had left on the doorstep.

'Hey...' Greg called out as he strode boldly down the hallway, glancing into the first bedroom to find it was empty, though he knew she was there somewhere.

The interior of the small house was as modest as the outside, but pleasant and comfortable nevertheless, if a little under-furnished. Only two doors, one of which he had just passed, opened off the tiled hall before it lead into the main open-plan living space - a living and dining area that the kitchen opened off - and from where he stood in the hall Greg could see through to the glass rear door beyond. It led out onto the small yard, and beyond that to a band of golden sand stretching down to the water, broken by the white lines of rolling waves, and the dazzling reflection of a sunset against the smooth water beyond.

He found his step-sister in the rear room, rising up off the small couch where she had been sitting, and glanced at the mess of books scattered around her laptop on the coffee table. Stepping into the room as if he owned it while she regarded him with a quizzical expression Greg looked her up and down shamelessly, smirking. She was exactly as hot as she had been on the day he had last seen her.

'Hey,' he intoned, but even as he spoke the young man's dark eyes roamed boldly over the young woman‘s figure. 'How's it going?' he asked, 'Looks like you've settled in-' he smiled in a fashion that worried her, while glancing around the room, 'That’s cool. I'm going to be spending my break here,' his arrogance and the blunt declaration made the young woman’s eyes narrow slightly as she looked at him.

‘Fine, I hope I won't be in your way.’ her last words were laced with sarcasm as she followed his gaze, her own eyes flashing with irritation. ‘I think I’ve made it more comfortable-’ the girl’s shapely eyes flicked downward as she closed her laptop and lifted it up off the table, ‘So what are you going to be doing this week?’

‘I'm glad you like it,' Greg cut back after a pause, ignoring her question. 'There's nowhere else you can go, after all, is there? Still I thought that was pretty rough, you getting kicked out for losing that job, good thing no one knows you're staying here though,' his face was less than reassuring, and the words saw a lump appear in the young woman's slender throat as she swallowed nervously. He went on, 'I mean, you'd be sort of screwed if they did...'

This game is all about personality conflict, coercion and blackmail. Other things I’d like to include are dominance and submission, and a certain element of sexual frustration. Our 'hero,' (who could be older or younger) has been living in close proximity with his new step-sister for some time. She proved impossible to ignore and extremely desirable yet totally unattainable. Also the blackmail side of things is less about giving the male lead a means of controlling the female lead, and more about giving him a sense that he can act without consequence. As, with his new-found leverage, he finds certain inhibitions melting away, giving vent to some of his darker impulses without fear of how she react. The blackmail angle can also be minimised for a more non-consensual plot if you prefer. The pacing is flexible, and I think playing with some tension and build-up instead of plunging straight into the smut could make this game more fun, though I suppose the option does exist to dive straight in.

Last edited:
UdbfhUt.png

Names used in my introductions are included only as an aid to writing. I have no specific preferences in this context, and anyone wishing to use an alternative should feel free.

Catrina glanced over at the two members of her crew; her photographer James, and his younger assistant Chris were both moving about to obtain photos of the gathering. The ambitious young journalist had been told the town was celebrating the opening of a new library. Amid the groups of people and rows of stalls on a neat reserve of park-land a sizable group were sat on folding chairs set up in neat rows facing a small, portable podium. The large, two-story structure of the new library was visible beyond, while the much older town-hall building with its handsome neo-Georgian architecture faced it from across the reserve. Two men whom the reporter recognised from her research had already taken their turn addressing the gathering. Joseph Wright and Stephen Marsh: heads of two of the town's three premiere families who claimed descent from its founders. Stephen had stressed his families contribution to the project in discussing how the old library, which was built into the large structure of their town-hall, had been refurbished and repurposed into a museum cataloguing the region's history, the genealogies of its more prominent families, and the achievements of various notable townspeople. Joseph had discussed his contribution in acquiring the libraries computers, and noted that their local elementary, and high-school - both of which were nearby - had been equipped with similar facilities

The young reporter knew this small community boasted no notable resources beyond its idyllic coastal setting which they clearly made little effort to market to tourists, having only a single small hotel, and that coupled with their limited industry and exports meant they could not possible be as prosperous and independent as they appeared. After some preliminary research on their economy Catrina quickly come to suspect that it was the wealth injected into the small community by a number of very well-heeled families that made it appear so, and that the three most prominent, their so-called founding families, were the town's de facto owners seemed plain as day. It was a recipe for corruption, but when her investigation into those families failed to pin down their exact source of wealth beyond the standard old-money assets of land and property the resourceful and well-connected journalist felt certain they were obfuscating the truth deliberately, and that left her even more convinced they were up to something unwholesome.

Now Joseph Wilkinson, the patriarch of the wealthiest and most influential family in town, was approaching the podium to speak. He was an older yet still vital gentleman dressed in a superbly tailored suit, and the man could have passed for a fairly robust and athletic forty-something although she knew he was actually approaching his fiftieth year. The only clue bring a few hints of grey in his close cropped dark hair. Joseph revealed a congenial smile as he looked over the small crowd and after tapping the microphone once he launch into an earnest yet self-congratulatory speech. Praising the unerring sense of community and values that existed in Point Pleasant, and pontificating on their ongoing ability to side-step the pervasive corruption of post-modern apathy and cultural nihilism, with all its attendant social ills, while the crowd reacted with insufferable smugness, or the men did at least. That was the thing about Point Pleasant that really stood out. The men or rather the women, or - in fact - both of them. Particularly when seen side-by-side. Joseph for example occasionally received adoring waves from a tiny thing clutching a designer purse who could not have been more than twenty five and nothing about the way she looked at him suggested he was her father, though he was certainly old enough to be, unless they had an unwholesomely close family.

Though more sophisticated in her fashionable attire and accoutrements she was no more made up, dolled up one might go so far as to say, than the other young women in the assembly. Dresses or skirts were the norm, and heels appeared to be mandatory. It made the young reporter feel rather out of place in her smartly professional attire although in this context Catrina did not mind being the odd one out. Few of the townswomen seemed interested in the speech, and a number were tending to children, and - speaking of the children - there were a lot of them. Point Pleasant seemed very big on families. Catrina thought of the photographs she had brought with her. Each had been supplied by the family of a young woman who had seemingly disappeared while staying at or passing through the town only to contact their families and insist that they had found the perfect community in which to settle down. Though the girl's families insisted they had no such ambition prior to their visit, and two had abandoned promising careers, while the third had dropped out of medical school in her final year. It was incredibly suspicious, and the reporter was determined to track them down. The speech contained further oddities for anyone who was listening, and the young journalist was listening intently. For one thing after remarking on the excellence of their new libraries reference facilities, the breadth of subjects covered on its shelves and the rich collection of literature within Joseph added that an entire section had been devoted to the women of the town. The trite subjects it covered struck her as insultingly backward, but the townswomen did not seem to mind this sort of chauvinistic gender-essentialism. In fact they seemed happy. No, scratch that, they always seemed happy. At that moment it was more a question of seeming flattered, and in some cases downright delighted over having been mentioned at all.

What the hell was wrong with them?

Finishing his speech the genial-seeming patriarch alighted from the podium and was greeted by an athletic young man not far from the dais. The familial resemblance suggested it was his son, one who had not wanted to listen to the speeches, and the two exchanged words which the reporter wasn‘t able to overhear. Joseph followed his son’s gaze as the young man pointed toward her photographer. The two regarded him even as the dispersing crowd gave rise to a confused colloquy which overtook the area as each individual aired their views now they could speak freely, although the chorus of raised voices had a depth and timber which was almost entirely masculine. At least until it had spread out further as some of the women left in groups of their own. One such chattering group of young women passing between them prevented Catrina from seeing that Joseph was approaching her, and only as they flitted by did she find him standing in front of her. His demeanour confident and welcoming as he offered the young woman a seemingly heart-felt smile.

‘Good afternoon Ms. Russel, I trust you’ve been welcomed suitably. All the same, welcome to Point Pleasant-’ he offered her his hand, ‘-I heard you’ve spoken to our senior councilman. Jack’s a decent enough fellow, but, well, between you and me he does tend to vacillate somewhat, and I can’t stake the reputation of our wonderful community on his say-so. As one of our local patrons, and a member of one of our most preeminent founding family, I’m prepared to answer any questions you might have, and do feel free to call me Joseph, first though, let me introduce you to my son-’ he turned, ‘Jared?’

The young man he had spoken to earlier took a step forward, bereft of his fathers energy in presenting himself to the attractive young woman - a fact neither had missed or were shy about acknowledging by way of their glance - although there was absolutely nothing in his posture or expression which spoke of reticence. He was appraising in his nature. His eyes dark to the twinkling shade of blue of his father’s, but otherwise the two were much alike save that Jared was a hair taller, his posture a straighter, and his arms and shoulders noticeably larger. He wore a simple pair of trousers and a long-sleeved, button down shirt although the warmth had seen him fold the cuffs back and he had a sports coat hanging from one hand.

‘This is Catrina Russel,’ his father went on. ‘Ms. Russel, my son Jared, ah-' he smiled warmly as the young woman from the audience strode up beside him, 'and my dear wife, Cristine,’ he smiled as the younger woman took his arm.

The older man's attractive wife smiled prettily before she looked the professionally dressed stranger up and down as though confused by the nature of her attire, and the absence of any obvious makeup.

‘Pleased to meet you both,’ the journalist remarked before fixing her gaze on Joseph, ‘Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about your town?’

‘Sorry. I’m really not in the mood for this,’ Jared interjected brusquely before Joseph could respond, speaking to both of them.

He looked the journalist over a final time with that, raising an arm to sling his coat over one shoulder, the cotton of his freshly pressed shirt flattening against his chest as it was drawn out between the pinions of his backward-thrust shoulders to mark the rigid contours of his athletic sinews. A studious, dark eyed gaze took in the curve of her hips, her waist, and with one slightly raised eyebrow he seemed to take some pleasure in tracing the arc of her bare neck, his lip curling into a slight smile.

‘Maybe I'll see you later,’ he remarked, and with that he left Catrina and Joseph alone.

‘Ah, yes well I‘m afraid my son doesn’t appreciate small talk,’ his father professed with a shrug, making no apology for the young man, ’or it may be that he’s simply tired of hearing me extol the virtues of our wonderful community, oh!’ his voice became louder as though there was some revelatory point he had forgotten, ’before we go on, in case I should forget again, as we are so seldom lucky enough to receive any media attention you are of course welcome to stay for as long as you wish, and your entire group as well. Don't worry about the cost. We'll see that such things are all taken care of. Unfortunately hotels are somewhat thin on the ground in our lovely little town, so you’ll need to see Jack again. We've arranged matters and he’ll direct you to an apartment, and another for your crew as well, though you may be in different buildings. If you have any problems do speak to Jack as we’re eager to keep any members of the press, and hopeful that if they do stay they’ll, naturally, be willing to tell the world about how wonderful our town is.’

His wife smiled, 'I arranged the rooms,' she added proudly, 'You know how men are, wonderful creatures, but they just don't think properly about some things-' she giggled like a teenager while looking at Joseph although he appeared to agree with her sentiment, 'I really do hope you and your crew enjoy your stay, your place has a stunning view, and we've organised some lovely care packages as well,'

'It's very kind of you to have gone to so much effort,' Catrina responded, while wondering with an almost morbid fascination what the care packages might contain with a glance at the excitable young woman who had put them together, and who seemed about the same age as Joseph's son, if that, 'and I'm sure I'll love the view,'

She wondered at their hospitality. Catrina had decided to work with a cover story and as far as anyone in Point Pleasant knew she was exploring the place for a fluff-piece but the young journalist had taken it for granted Joseph would suspect something more was afoot. Unlike Jack he seemed a fairly sharp individual, and she could not possibly credit him believing that his bizarre town was likely to court positive press coverage regardless of how thickly they laid on the hospitality. Besides that investigative journalism was her bread and butter, and Catrina hadn't done a fluff piece in years; a fact anyone with access to the internet, her name, and a few minutes to spare analysing her work record would surely realise. Why, then, were they rolling out the red carpet and encouraging her to remain? Not having a satisfactory answer left Catrina ill-at-ease.

‘Well, with that out of the way, I believe you had some questions-?’ Joseph glanced down at a handsome, and very expensive looking watch with that, and his face was pierced by a seemingly sincere expression of disappointment, ‘-Oh, no that is unfortunate. I‘m afraid I won‘t be able to spare the time to answer them just now,’ his regretful tone was quite convincing, ‘but I‘m sure Jack can tell you almost anything you need to know about our town, and you can schedule an appointment with me through him if you find he can’t, and of course you'll find our residents very welcoming, and happy to answer any questions you have, in fact I'd encourage you to talk to as many as you can.’

Of course Catrina had already questioned Jack extensively and although he’d earnestly volunteered a great deal of information about the town in general he hadn‘t been able to give her anything truly useful. Of course she had to keep her enquiries circumspect in order to preserve her cover story, but she had still left the man's office convinced he represented a dead end. Joseph would doubtless know more, but questioning him without overplaying her hand would take care, and truth be told Catrina did not mind putting off their interview as a result. After all she did not get the impression that he was trying to avoid her. Talking to the townsfolk, and tracking down the missing girls would occupy her in the interim. Indeed it might be better to arm up with more knowledge in that context before they spoke again, and take in his reaction to it.

‘Oh, I'm sorry if I've kept you away from something, when do you think you might be available again?’ she enquired.

‘Well, I‘d say-’ his brow creased with thought, ‘-hm, not for a few days I’m afraid, but certainly by the weekend at the very latest,’

It now looked as though she’d be staying at Point Pleasant for a few days at the very least. Perhaps a full week.

'Well, it was a pleasure to meet you, Joseph-' the young woman shook his hand again then offered his wife a polite smile, '-Christine, and thank you again for arranging our accommodations, and the care packages, I'm certain they'll be lovely,'

The group found it was a rather short walk to their accommodations once they had enquired about the details, and Catrina made one last effort to see if Jack could provide any useful information. The trip turned out to be rather interesting though. Together with her crew they found themselves strolling down the town's main street which followed a gentle slope from the town square and newly opened library to the coast. It was about a mile distant, and their elevation meant it could be seen clearly as the sun set over the water although their destination was about mid-way between those two points. Their route taking the group right through the centre of town. It all looked a little too perfect; the streets broad, clean and perfectly maintained, the people were all friendly and well dressed, and there was little traffic about as the townspeople seemed to prefer walking or cycling. The stores lining the main street had a decidedly up-market air, and Catrina noticed one or two boutiques she would not have expected to find in a place as small as Point Pleasant. The air was fresh, and a cool breeze blew in off the water imbued with that ephemeral hint of salt and sand that so typified the atmosphere of many warm, coastal towns. It was very relaxing, reminding one of beach-side holidays, and the journalist could see her crew appeared to be growing quite comfortable with their surroundings. A trio of pretty young women all clad in rather light sundresses, carrying garment bags, and tottering on strappy, high-heeled sandals emerged from a clothing store up ahead. The approaching trio drew a broad smile from Chris, the youngest member of her team, and one of the girls waved in response as the other two giggled before the two groups passed each other.

‘You know, I’m not complaining-’ Chris was still smiling, and craning his neck to keep the pretty young thing who had waved in view, 'but I don’t think I’ve seen a single woman who looks over twenty-five yet,’

‘Or who wasn’t wearing a dress,’ his colleague, James, added as he set a hand on the younger man's shoulder and gave him a playful shake, 'Don't get too excited about it though. I wouldn't want to see you wrecking things with Kelly over a holiday fling,'

'Only we're not on holiday,' Catrina cut in much to James' chagrin, 'but I do know what you mean, makeup seems to be mandatory too, and I understand the slip-' she inhaled deeply, savouring the crisp coastal air, while wrapping one arm around each of her colleagues shoulders in a gesture both men found surprisingly affectionate, '-there is something about this place, not the weirdness, or the constant giggling. That's just annoying. Something in the air, almost, it's damned relaxing,'

'Well, it's got you chilled out, Cat,' James responded with a laugh, 'There must be something to it,'

'You know we've got at least four days here,' she mused in response while looking between the two men, 'I'll bet you guys can get all the location shots we need in a day, so why not take some time out?'

Her photographer's expression became serious with that, and he slipped free of the young woman's arm before stepping around to stand face-to-face as the trio halted.

'Who are you,' he demanded, 'and what have you done with our boss?'

Catrina rolled her eyes, her arms dropping back to her sides as Mark laughed, and the three continued on, swerving around an attractive twenty-something manoeuvring a stroller out of a clothing store. She was followed by an amiable looking fellow who looked to be in his mid thirties carrying her bags, and he regarded the small group with a polite nod as they passed. The street descended along a more noticeable slope, but the group halted when they reached a small collection of high-rises redolent of apartment blocks, and likely the largest buildings they had seen in town so far. Two of the largest turned out to be where they were staying, and they all seemed relieved the two buildings were only one street apart.

'And you said you're on the twelfth floor?' Mark raised an eyebrow as his gaze swept up the building, counting the terraces, 'No balconies on the twelfth floor, wanna bet you're in a split-level penthouse-?' he looked to the building he and James would be staying in, 'Says we're on the sixth floor. Seems you're getting the VIP treatment,'

'I'm sure they're about the same,' Catrina said while following his gaze.

When the group took an elevator up to the twelfth floor however and the young journalist unlocked one of the two doors that opened off the small hallway it lead to it immediately became clear she was getting the VIP treatment. The apartment was a huge split-level penthouse; lavishly appointed and furnished, and if anything Christine had undersold the almost panoramic view it boasted from thirteen floors above street-level. From that height it was plain to see that the town was sited at the very tip of a narrow peninsula bisected by a river, and there were views of the water on three sides thanks to floor-to-ceiling windows encompassing most of the common areas. The lower floor was largely contiguous and composed of several sizable, open-plan living spaces, and a card by the telephone with the number for the front desk and a concierge suggested the place had been used by visiting notables in the past. The upper floor was given over to three bedrooms, and a small sitting room or parlour of sorts with a staircase leading up to the roof. The master bedroom was particularly large, and fitted with a walk-in robe and on-suite bathroom, while a sliding glass door led one out onto a substantial, sheltered balcony. The roof itself was given over to a substantial entertainment area partially shaded and partially open that boasted an outdoor dining suite, verdant gardens and several sitting areas in addition to a dazzling pool built into one corner whose dual infinity edges were rather disconcerting. A large, opaque glass fence marked the boundary on the other side. Presumably bisecting the roof between space belonging to this apartment, and the complexes other penthouse.

There was an abundance of good natured joking amongst the crew as they looked around, and examined the amenities. James and Mark were especially keen to point out that their room was sure to be a dungeon by comparison. They all sat down to make plans for the next day, and James volunteered to take Chris and spend it getting photographs of some of the town’s more notable locations, and Catrina agreed as she planned to begin making enquiries about the missing girls. They parted ways for the evening with that. They had hardly left when a package arrived for her. The enclosed note - which included a few generic lines welcoming her to the town - indicating that a number of local businesses and manufacturers had contributed its contents. These were a little peculiar - though of course any local girl wouldn’t have thought it strange - and it all had an almost comically feminine tone. There was a great deal of literature from business cards to pamphlets providing all manner of information about the various contributors, and then the contents themselves. Several outfitters had included items or gift cards along with a number of cosmetics and a substantial selection of fragrance samples from a local boutique, plus a few examples of local produce, all slightly boring save for some hand-made chocolates, along with a gift from the town patrons - an ‘84 vintage bottle of Verve - and if she had even the slightest idea why it had all been given to her she would probably - should, definitely - have incinerated it all.

That was all a part of Point Pleasant’s ‘magic,’ though, the additives found in so many of its consumables to say nothing of the drinking water. Some worked slowly, effecting a more gradual change, others more quickly and sensationally. Their designers were incredibly proud of them. Especially the effect they had on women. After all the women in Point Pleasant were some of the happiest in the world. Also the most compliant, suggestible, and easily aroused as well as the least troubled by such terrible afflictions as critical thinking, and personal aspirations. Still it took time before things got this bad.

The focus of this plot, and it's foundational premise is a suspenseful, slow burn and the idea of changing someone - from the way they think and their world-view down to the way they dress - into someone radically different, abetted by way of mind-altering substances, even as she is investigating the very place which wishes to change her. The exact details of the, 'magic,' of Point Pleasant - the effect it has on your character - is ultimately up to us, and I have a number of suggestions, however nothing is set in stone, but in general I'd lean toward them abetting rather than directly facilitating any uncharacteristic behaviour or changes in her personality. Moreover there could be many different substances to play with, each one unique, and the locals would have a good idea of the effects of any given product. In most of my games I like to collaborate when it comes to world-building (unless it's a pre-existing setting) although I will admit I have a fairly clear mental image of the town itself in this case. While that doesn't mean I can't change things pursuant to your suggestions I do think that this game idea is naturally compatible with a more one-sided approach to world building in which one person takes on the role of investigator, learning about and trying to make sense of things, while the other effectively GMs the experience, but this is not a requirement by any means. If you are looking for a fast paced game that dives right into more erotic content you may wish to look elsewhere. Also while the changes wrought on the female lead may be the focus there is no reason why her presence cannot also lead to changes for the male lead.

Last edited:
9uhAXSy.png

Another game focusing on blackmail and coercion. This one takes place in a small town where the male lead is a typical big fish in a small pond; spoiled, overly entitled and far too used to getting his own way. He often break the rules, but his rich family have always kept him out of trouble. Our female lead is almost the exact opposite; living in the worst part of town, and always struggling to make ends meet despite being a good person and a hard worker. She was barely of age when her dead-beat parents absconded, leaving her saddled with her younger brother, Dan. She started working full-time to support him, giving up on any chance of going to college. Kurt seems to take a sadistic pleasure in tormenting her little brother and though his attraction to Dan’s sister is obvious she would never willingly give the over-privileged creep the time of day. For his part Dan was only trying to help when he offered to sell some weed for one of Kurt’s friends; using his sister’s credit card to get a cash-advance, but it went badly wrong. The drugs were stolen and he ended up owing far more than he could ever afford to pay back, and that’s without even taking into account the large, high-interest debt now owed on his sister’s credit card. When Kurt heard about this he wasted no time in purchasing the debt himself. Add to that the fact that his parents own the store where Dan’s sister works and he could likely get her fired if he chose to Kurt now feels he has enough leverage to change the nature of their relationship - whether she likes it or not.

A group of young men stood around a dumpster. One of them shoving a struggling figure’s hands out of the way as another heaved closed the heavy lid, while a chorus of nasty laughter drowned out the yelling and struggling as their victim tried to escape. The lid was briefly raised, pushed open from the inside, but the trapped figure had it slammed shut on him once more as one of his tormentors hopped up on top of the dumpster itself to sit, his weight holding it closed.

At the same time Kurt, the groups obvious leader, banged on the hollow side of the metal dumpster itself several times.
‘I hope you like it in there,’ he said, while his friends laughed, ‘You‘re going to be staying for a while.’

Dan, the young man now stuck within, banged against the lid from the inside repeatedly but could not get it to budge.

‘And this is going to seem nice,’ Kurt went on, ‘If you don’t have my money next time I see you.’

‘Poor people are so hopeless,’ one of Kurt‘s friends remarked as they laughed at Dan’s situation.

Kurt meanwhile nodded at the young man sitting atop the dumpster and one other member of his group.

‘Keep him in there, until you get bored,’ he said. ‘Maybe he’ll learn something.’

The young bullies seemed more than happy to oblige, and soon two figures were seated atop the dumpster as Kurt and the remainder of his friends left the alley.

‘Maybe we’ll have better luck with his sister,’ he said as the group strode onto one of the small town’s busier streets.

The place itself seemed pleasant enough. A typical sea-side town - the sort of place wealthy city-folk purchased their coastal getaways - with numerous small businesses lining the street. The group took a detour through a less commercial thoroughfare where large modern homes dominated the spaces between the odd, older row of fibro cottages belonging to the less affluent locals. The streets were broad and smooth, their gutters white and clean, with wide footpaths running by well-tended, grassy medium strips largely devoid of trees. As the group reached the crest of a slight hill the ocean came into view perhaps a mile down the street - a ribbon of blue rising up to touch the horizon - the cool sea breeze that blew off it carrying the rhythmic sound of breaking waves. There were few parked cars, and even fewer vehicles on the road until the group turned onto the town’s main street.

A few taller buildings could be seen nearer the coast; hotels, a mall, along with several more nondescript structures - probably offices - but they their destination was much closer. In fact they had walked scarcely twenty yards before they halted out the front of a surf-shop. Kurt appeared to take particular notice of a bicycle chained to one of the street-signs out the front.

‘She's in,’ he said.

Before they could head inside Kurt gestured for his friends to halt. A young woman had emerged from the shop, heading toward the bike where she halted to unlock the chain. She might have been in her early twenties and the casual, laid back nature of her attire did nothing to detract from her looks. Kurt immediately recognized the glowingly tanned blonde as Dan’s older sister, and while his friends stared lustfully he strode purposefully toward the young woman as she unchained her bike.

For her part Dan’s sister had never been shy about how much she disliked Kurt. For what he did to her brother, for being an over-privileged jerk in general, but also for the fact that he always seemed to get what he wanted, and - thanks to the influence of his wealthy family - never what he deserved. So when she turned around to see the arrogant scumbag - his three leering friends just behind him - the attractive young woman did nothing to hide her disdain.

‘What do you jerks want?’ she demanded, resting one hand on the handlebars of her bike and planting the other on the curve of her hips.

‘Money.’ Kurt cut back as he smirked at her, ‘Your brother owes me. How much did you make today?’

‘None of your damn business,’ she snapped back as she mounted her bike while eyeing Kurt’s friends.

‘I guess I’ll have to beat on your brother some more then,’ Kurt cut back with a smile.

‘You’re one twisted creep,‘ her eyes flashed angrily as she responded, her voice suffused with muted outrage. ‘You know that right? But fine-‘ her tone was softer, yet filled with a deeper resentment as she continued, ’I can give you this,'

She reached into the pocket of her jeans and pulled out some bills, but jerked them away from Kurt suddenly when he reached out.

‘If you leave Dan alone.’ she stated firmly.

‘Fine,’ he smirked knowingly, as he thought of how her loser brother was probably still stuck in a dumpster at that very moment.

‘Alright,’ she let Kurt take the money, yet not without a visible measure of reluctance.

‘This means a lot to you doesn’t it?’ he said, flipping casually through the bills.

Her expression told him this was correct although she did not reply.

‘That's so cute.’ Kurt dropped the rolled-up bills into a drain grill in the nearby gutter, and laughed at the blonde’s stricken reaction. ’Well if you climb down and pick it up, you can keep it. Shouldn’t be a problem. You guys pretty much live in a sewer anyway,’

The small group who were now crowded around the two laughed loudly at this, while the young woman’s cheeks flushed with outrage.

‘I live in a house,’ she growled back, ‘Where I pay my own rent-’

‘-Which is on Hillcrest, in other words it’s basically a sewer.’ he interrupted.

‘Well, at least I don’t act like I grew up in a sewer…’

‘Noblesse oblige, my dear. I don’t act this way around my equals, but the commoners do need to be kept in check,’

‘-Oh fuck off,’ she snapped back, in no mood for thinking of a better riposte, and with that she attempted to push past Kurt and his friends on her bike, but he held the handlebars, stopping her from setting off.

‘Not so fast,’ he gloated, his athletic frame allowing him to stop her from leaving even as she tried to push past again. ‘You know my parents own that store you work in?’

‘What?!’ she responded. ‘No, I didn’t know that. If I did I wouldn’t be working there, would I?’

‘Figured you might find that interesting,’ he smirked, ‘Actually I was thinking of telling them about that time you got caught shoplifting-’

‘-I’ve never shoplifted in my life!’

‘Really-?’ he held up his hands as if this did not surprise him, ‘Still, something tells me they’ll take my word for it.’

Get out of my way.’ she growled angrily in a low voice, curling her slender fingers into a fist and thumping it down on Kurt’s knuckles, right where he held the handlebars of her bike.

The young man flinched visibly, yanking his hand away reflexively and was unable to do anything but watch as she took off, though he shot a warning look at his companions when one sniggered at the way he rubbed his knuckles.

‘And they say women value a sense of humour,’ he quipped in a self-depreciating manner.

‘Not when all the jokes are at their expense, man,’ one of Kurt’s friends said as he slapped his shoulder.

‘They also say there’s more than one way to skin a cat,’ he added darkly, watching the girl riding off into the distance. ‘She’ll realise she needs me once she has no job,’

Oh look, another idea focusing on blackmail and coercion. One aspect of this game not present in the other is the element of class-difference, obsession and financial dependence. However this game can play out in a variety of ways, and although the focus of the game is the relationship between the two lead characters it need not be a deep-dive into pure smut.

Last edited:
X4Ox8R8.png

She had always made it a rule to reach out to problem students, to resist the urge to dislike even the very worst, and was very proud of her ability to turn such students around. In fact and largely as a result of this she was acknowledged as capable of working wonders with even the most troublesome classes. However teaching here was different and from almost the first day she had felt like she was at war with Greg - one of her students - for the loyalty and respect of the male half of her class. Though it was a war she knew she was winning, and one she was determined to win despite the shocking indifference of the over-privileged young man’s rich, influential parents. When she had spoken to them about his behaviour they had simply refused to believe that their child was capable of doing anything bad.

Even more frustrating the brat was on a sports-scholarship and was often excused work as a result of his extra-curricular commitments. As for his behaviour well she had only been teaching here for six months and did not even feel guilty for hating him anymore. Though it was true that some of his closer friends were little better she was certain that if he were out of the picture then she’d be able to work with them and get them back on the right track.

Glancing up from where she sat behind her desk, her shapely eyes glancing toward the clock - seeing class was almost over - the attractive young teacher briefly turned her attention toward Greg. Her students were all making notes about their homework; and a few had finished. Greg meanwhile had stopped to run a hand through his thick black hair. Their eyes met for a brief moment when he looked up and the his teacher wondered if he knew what was about to happen. If he didn’t he would soon find out, and that thought gave her a certain satisfaction as she stood and headed down the aisle between two rows of desks, walking towards him.

‘Don’t forget everyone your term projects are due tomorrow,’ she spoke up even as the bell rang.

Her students had begun to pack away their books as she halted by Greg’s desk. He slid his books off its edge and let them fall haphazardly into his open bag, and appearing to ignore the fact that his teacher was standing beside him.

‘Not you,’ she stated simply as Greg started to stand, ‘There’s something I would like to speak with you about.’

‘oh man, you're in trouble bro,’ one of Greg’s friends drawled idiotically.

‘Did I ask for your opinion?’ she stated icily.

‘Naw,’ the young man answered, eyes down, even as he slung his bag over his shoulder. ‘Sorry,’

Greg sat back idly as though bored and let his chair rock back onto two legs as the other students filed out, and his teacher returned to the front of the class. The room was soon emptied but for the two of them, although the sound of people chattering and the bang of locker doors drifted back in from the corridors outside.

‘Do you know what this is about?’ she asked after a moments pause, waiting for the hallway outside to quieten down a little.

Leaning back further in his chair Greg shrugged and rolled his athletic shoulders, his challenging expression difficult to read, but otherwise clearly bereft of any fear or concern.

‘I might,’ he ventured noncommittally, a crooked half-smile forming on his face.

‘Then you shouldn’t be surprise that I’m confiscating your phone,’ she cut back.

He shrugged at this, and she could not help reacting worriedly to his apparent indifference.

‘Sure-’ Greg withdrew his smart-phone from a pocket and held it out, ‘but you won’t find what you’re looking for on this, it’s all been uploaded.’

Opening her mouth to reply his teacher found herself suddenly bereft of comment. In fact she seemed little shaken by the news.

‘Where?’ she demanded.

‘Nowhere public,’ he responded evasively, ‘Not yet at least, but even if I told you I doubt you could do anything about it, in fact the only chance you have of getting me to delete them is if you provide me with some… replacements.‘

This game focuses on blackmail, personality conflict and power-exchange. I’d also like it to feature things like dominance & submission, roughness, bondage, and non-consensual scenes. I’d also love to hear any suggestions you have. The option exists to move things along more slowly and focus on character development and motivation, but in fairness this was never really made to be deeper, story-driven game so it‘s more a question of pacing, and how much build-up we would enjoy. I’d like the male lead to start off as a real scumbag and have him and the female lead strongly opposed with the potential for much conflict and outright antagonism. Although there is no reason that things must continue in that vein forever and it might be interesting to explore how the characters come to live with this situation in a more realistic manner, and to see what effect it has on them, and whether their twisted relationship - founded on abuse and coercion - can ever develop into anything more.

Last edited:
ubZoAoy.png

From where he stood on the broad, high terrace Ajax could see the entire palace complex sprawled out before him. It’s sheer size was something he could not easily come to terms with - the towering outer walls encompassing an area larger than the town where he had been born. However its excesses seemed typically Elven to him, and , at least by human standards, bordered on the insane as a result. In spite of the semi-arid climate there was nowhere in the entire complex where one could not hear running water, supplied in abundance by an immense and brilliantly constructed system of hydraulics to meet the exorbitant needs of the endless, terraced gardens that thronged every structure within the complex. By every measure he understood the place felt wrong. For one thing there were no doors, and Ajax frowned slightly as he glanced back into the huge bed-chamber with its high, domed ceiling open to the night sky through an open portal of bare, dark stone beyond which he could see clearly through the equally over-large doorway of the chamber itself.

Flimsy silken hangings, partly transparent when not overlapping, replaced doors, and the hallway beyond was angled to allow for privacy in their absence, but as far as Ajax was concerned that simply meant that if someone wanted to wander in and murder him he’d be less likely to see them coming. It explained why he wore a sword-belt, and had one large, calloused hand resting atop the sheathed weapons pommel. For a moment the young prince appeared to be listening intently, his head listing gently to one side even as he brushed back an errant lock of dark hair from his eyes. Nothing. All his life his ears had been accustomed to a low yet constant hum of human activity and speech, but now it was gone. He heard the splash and trickle of running water instead and shook his head.

The temple had been similar in its essential architecture, but for the endless rows of broad, dark-stone columns stretching to a breathtaking height where they met the ceiling. A truly vast structure. The interior had been dark, and lit only by the flickering, rosier luminance of small bronze braziers whose fragrant effusions filled the air with the a blended mixture of camphorous and balsamic scents. The ceremony itself had been reminiscent of the hand-fastings that Ajax thought of as normal, but not without differences. Then, as was their tradition, his bride had been cloistered with her handmaidens and he had retired to their bed-chamber. There the young prince had been waiting for several hours, and he was growing bored.

The only thing that had broken his impatient reverie that evening was a visit from his steward. He had told him there was a riot occurring in the low-city, but had also assured the prince that it was a small and isolated incident. Ajax trusted it would be dealt with in his absence, and left strict instructions to be passed on to his sergeant at arms. He did not want it to turn into a massacre. However in spite of this apparent deference - and despite him seldom admitting to it - Ajax disliked Elves. That was perhaps normal for a man in his position. After all many of them, on so many occasions, had tried to kill him, but merely understanding why it was so changed nothing. In the long war Ajax had lost his father before he could even walk, and his two brothers - both of them older - while his uncle had been crippled. Their families lands had always been on the border, and an oft-contested part of it at that.

Now the war was as good as over. Yet many more people vied for the spoils of their apparent victory than had fought to bring it about, and it made for troubling prospects. After all Ajax had never had a head for politics, and even less so for courtly intrigues and power games. Already his family had been outmanoeuvred and cheated of lands that they had been promised during the negotiations that had brokered the current, tenuous peace. In exchange he now held a dubious lordship over this city, and the hand of the princess. It was a disaster, and worse still now when Ajax most needed his advice and experience his uncle had been forced to travel to the court of the high-king to ensure that they would not lose any other promised concessions.

The young prince exhaled slowly, and lifted his head to the cool night breeze blowing over the open terrace as he thought about his uncles last letter, and the advice it had contained. He went over it in his mind as he brushed back his dark hair and strode back into the bed-chamber proper, a tall broad-shouldered figure, his posture confident and erect. He moved without trepidation, brushing an errant lock of his long, dark hair from his stoically handsome face even as he drew his sword and swung it in an idle fashion, clearly bored, as he walked across the massive room swinging the long blade idly from side to side. He smiled at a bowl of heaped fruit and used the flat of the blade to toss one of the items into the air before slicing it in two with a swift flick of his wrist. He did it again, and once more although he missed on the third attempt and after using the tip of his blade to pick up the fallen pieces Ajax strode back over to the terrace. Setting the weapon down on its edge he dragged it back to divest it of the skewered edibles, letting them fall, before he paced back inside. His attention shifted to a candelabra and he stepped into a swift cut that unfortunately not only knocked it over but sent one of the three candles flying across the room.

‘Why does that never work for me?’ he muttered wryly even as he stood the candelabra back upright before raising his weapon to eye level and frowning at the edge.

Ajax set the blade down with some of his other personal effects, and picked up a second, sheathed blade of a markedly different design. It was not so long, nor so symmetrical with its curved shape, while the single-sided blade flared noticeably toward the tip. He drew it part-way from its sheathe as he inspected the highly polished edge, noting that it had no secondary grind before he drew it from its scabbard. As he slowly rotated the weapon with his wrist, his arm outstretched, the young prince frowned at the way it felt. The center of balance was much higher than he was used to and when he took it in both hands to examine its temper by bending it the prince found it had almost no give. However this time when he swung at one of the candles the blade cut clean through the wax, and wick without knocking the base off its stand. Though he seemed almost disappointed in spite of his success as he sheathed the weapon and set it back down.

Rather than making his way back to the balcony to continue his impatient reverie Ajax sat by the low table, and after wiping its edge he laid his own blade across his knees. There was a dark, smoothly-polished and square cut slab of slate-like stone among his effects and he took it up, dipped it into a jug of water, and began whetting his sword with it. It left his mind free to wander, but even as he contemplated the future the prince’s train of thought was derailed by the rhythmic sound of soft, unhurried footsteps in the hall outside. It suggested that the handmaidens were finished with his bride, and saw him look up with an expression of uncertainty.

This game requires a fantasy setting and centres around an arranged, inter-species marriage with potential for much personality conflict between the two leads. Kinks are all subject to discussion, suggestion and negotiation. Though I'd rather not do the standard arranged marriage thing where it's just a pretext for smut right from the off. I imagine both characters will be wary of one another and painfully aware of the fact that they need to be able to live and work together. There is plenty of room for external conflict, character development and general story-telling. This is a game which will require some world-building on our part to realize successfully. How extensive this need be however remains up to us. As far as kinks and erotic content I would prefer to keep it no more, hrm, contentious than a classic, 'bodice ripper,' scene or two. Or three.

Last edited:
AtwFZQq.png

The flight had been long and tiring. Peirce was glad that this last leg of the journey was drawing to a close though the crowded, noisy airport and the glare of the evening sun did nothing for his headache as he stood by the conveyer waiting for his bags. The photographer and his crew waited together in silence and were soon carrying their bags and equipment and lining up for the obligatory customs check. Thankfully the security was not so convoluted as in New York and the process was relatively swift. The six-person party were at odds with the others in the airport: holidaying families or couples and other pleasure-seekers whose casual dress and relaxed demeanour contrasted sharply with the four men and two women as they hurriedly made their way toward the exit carrying a substantial amount of baggage and equipment, all of them in dark, professional attire.

‘This is right isn’t it?’ Peirce said as he glanced between the exit and a pamphlet in his hand on the back of which was printed a map of the terminal.

A shorter, younger male nodded as he halted beside Peirce. He was carrying a suitcase in one hand, and a bag in the other whose length, over five feet, and narrow width was hardly suggestive of holiday luggage.

‘Yeah-’ he took a step forward then turned part-way, ‘Yeah, he’s meeting us here.’

‘Good.’ Peirce said before he turned toward the four others standing behind him, ‘Who has the bulbs?’ he asked, his dark-eyed gaze flickering over the bags.

One of the two men behind him stepped to one side of a large black trunk with steel trim and patted the top of it.

‘I’ve already checked them,’ he said.

Nodding at that, feeling reassured that no heavy-handed airline staff had damaged the most fragile element of their equipment, Peirce waved his crew after him, and they strode through the automatic doors, and into the tropical heat outside.

A half an hour later and he was reclining in the front seat of a taxi, a large hand angling the vent of the air-conditioner on his side even as he fanned himself with the pamphlet he had been carrying since the airport. Meanwhile the young man and woman in the back seat, members of his crew, were muttering about the intense humidity, and he glanced at himself in the rear-view mirror and shook his head. His crisp, dark button-down shirt was in no way suited to the weather even with the cuffs turned back and the top two buttons taken down, but there had been no time to change. Their flight had been delayed on a stop-over and they were late, and tired. It had been a long trip. All the way from New York to the Canary Islands off the West African coast, but it was almost over.

‘Almost there?’ Peirce asked of the Taxi driver, while glancing at the meter and trying to remember what a Euro was worth in US dollars.

‘Yeah, almost.’ the dark-skinned taxi driver said, his bright teeth flashing into view as he smiled cheerfully. ‘We’re skippin’ the traffic this way,’

The driver’s laconic French accent reminded Peirce of being in Paris. The last trip had been about a year ago. It had also been the last time he'd worked on a fashion shoot, and it saw him wonder, with a touch of self doubt, whether he was up to the job now slated for him. There were a couple of women involved but one in particular was a personal friend, though he had not seen her in some time, and he couldn’t refuse her request. A part of him wondered though whether it might have been better to recommend someone else, but Peirce shook his head at this. He was looking forward to seeing her once more, and he knew the shoot was not going to be a challenging one. No difficult sets or rough deadlines. It was out of character for her though and he suspected that was why she'd requested he be involved. The island-resort that was being opened off the coast was a fairly big deal, and the billionaire property magnate who had built it from the ground up after purchasing the entire island was well-known for courting publicity. Thus prior to their official opening Pierce's party was one of a number of groups; photographers, high-end influencers, food critics, and travel-writers among them, being invited to stay. Some were there to work, taking publicity shots of the building and location itself, others to simply stay and sample the hospitality in exchange for giving a very public nod of approval, but the photographer suspected everyone would be getting the VIP treatment. His group were there to photograph a calendar. The owner wanted to establish it as something of a yearly institution and had brought in top-of-the-line talent to ensure it would be noticed. Pierce had been impressed when he saw who was involved from their stylist, head makeup artist and set designer, some of whom he'd worked with before, down, and although he did not think of himself in those terms he knew his own reputation within the industry was not a trifling one, and doubtless tongues would wag about why and how the job had pulled him back into the fashion world. The girls involved had evidently been chosen with care although having been out of the loop for some time he had been obliged to Google the youngest.

Jessica Miller was something of an up-and-comer with a rather impetuous social media rep who seemed to like dating rock-stars. Her current boyfriend had the couple making headlines but her resume was littered with more shows than shoots and he suspected she might not be easy to work with. The other girl, Lily Barton, was slightly older and a well-known New York socialite who was more often seen on red-carpets than runways and had recently made headlines for her marriage to a famous athlete whose name meant nothing to the photographer. His friend was the veteran of the group, and - he suspected - the only one to have landed the job on the basis of talent rather than social media pull. His suspicion in this area had been reinforced when he saw that Lily's husband and Jessica's current boyfriend were on the guest list. That his friend's name had been included on its own proved both disappointing and a relief. After all on one hand Pierce wished the best for her and would have liked to have seen her find someone. On the other hand part of him, although it was a part he tried not to listen to, disliked the idea of that someone being anyone other than himself.

The photographer was shaken back to reality amid these introspections when the vehicle lurched on its suspension as the driver came to a sharp halt. In front of them was a large marina whose pontoons stretched out into the deep-water bay, criss-crossed between numerous moored yachts and cruisers. Further out, in deeper water, was a sizable vessel - seventy or more feet from stern to bow - with the name ‘Saltshaker,’ emblazoned across the stern. Though Pierce suspected most guests would own their own boats this one had been commissioned to ferry passengers out to the resort. Though word was they also had a helipad, and were finishing up a small runway for guests who preferred, and could afford, to travel by air. The boat was going to serve as one of their sets, and as transport to the resort which would serve as both set, and home for the duration. There was apparently a second such vessel but it appeared it had already departed. As his crew disembarked from the taxi even as a second car pulled up behind it with the rest of the group who set about retrieving their bags and equipment the photographer dug out his wallet and paid the driver, and after stepping out of the taxi himself he shaded his eyes against the dazzling sunlight reflecting off the smooth water and peered at the large vessel. There was little talk among the small party as they made their way onto the marina. Six of them in all, each carrying a portion of their equipment and their own luggage, and too heavily laden to be in any mood to chat as a result. There were three men aside from Peirce, and two women. All were all younger than him and the entire group were attired in much the same way wearing fashionable, yet professional clothes as though en route to a trendy office somewhere. Walking in front Peirce frowned slightly at his leather shoes, shifting his toes and thinking how hot his feet were, while looking forward to a shower. A cool breeze blew off the nearby ocean at least and he savoured it as the air caressed his thin cotton shirt and dark trousers. He looked to be in his thirties, but the his symmetric features showed few signs of age beyond a sense of maturity and character. His large, dark eyes were fixed ahead as he approached a tender whose driver appeared to be waiting for them. The driver smiled as they approached and gestured for them to bring their gear on board.

Once they had finished packing their luggage and equipment into the small vessel, and had boarded themselves it took off, gliding swiftly over the glassy water of the still bay and cutting a v-shape into its surface as its outboard hummed. The larger vessel was not far, and the pilot was soon turning as they approached the stern, coasting towards it. One of the larger vessel's crew noted them approaching, and caught a line tossed by the pilot, while Peirce and his crew remained seated.

‘We’ll take care of your equipment.’ the crewman stated from on board as he fixed the line to a cleat.

Peirce stood up slowly on the unsteady platform, and it took him a moment to find his balance before he moved, heading toward the ladder-like steps on the vessel's stern. Frowning slightly after ascending them he gestured back towards their equipment while looking at the crewman.

‘Do be careful,’ he implored, ‘Some of our gear is fragile,’

‘Of course.’ the crewman replied before he gestured the photographer toward the door which led into the vessels interior. 'You're the second group of photographers we've handled so far, there's no need to worry. Your gear will be in the lobby when you arrive, and you can make arrangements to stow it somewhere with the concierge,'

The head of what he guessed were the third group of photographers Pierce had recognised on the guest list as one Mark Bowman, whom he knew personally. He was highly regarded for his landscape work and specialised in aerial shots, It would have made sense for Greg to fly in as he was mad about such things. He shook his head at the thought of doing such work as he'd always had a rather pronounced fear of heights although flying in a large jet had never bothered him, unless there was bad turbulence.

The voices of his crew could be overheard behind him as Peirce strode across the vessel’s open deck, noting that it was built more like a luxurious passenger ferry than a cabin cruiser, and he suspected he would not be able to find somewhere to lay down or take a shower until they reached the resort itself. Moreover based on their delayed flight they would likely be the last group to arrive. Behind him he could overhear his crew speaking with the tender's pilot, and caught him remarking that they would be departing soon, and that it was only an hour or so on to the resort itself. Their voices faded though the further he went as Peirce made his way down the port side of the large cruiser and found a large, unlocked glass door. Pushing it open and stepping through he raised an eyebrow at the size of its interior as it swung closed behind him. There was a white leather corner-couch against one wall which curved around a low, broad coffee table set opposite another, three-seater couch, and further along another, similar setup. It put him in mind of a plush cocktail bar and there was in fact a small, staffed bar right in front of him. Beyond this he could see through an open door into the galley, and in the other direction he noted staircases which led below deck and up to the second floor. Thankfully the interior was air-conditioned, and Peirce simply closed his eyes with a sigh, savouring the cool air before as he strode inside, making for the smaller, and further of the two nearest couches where he flopped down, his head slumped back tiredly. He hadn't noticed, but he had walked right by a young woman sitting on the opposite couch.

This game is more character than story-driven and the focus is both romantic and sexual. There may be more or less build-up but I’d rather not rush into the erotic stuff all the same, and play around more-so with the building tension, a little teasing perhaps, the sensual elements of the job itself (though I have enough grasp of the industry to know these things are not quite what most imagine them to be) and some character development and storytelling would be nice. Kinks are likely to be character-driven, or leaning more to the tamer side of my O/Os. The characters exact history, and the details of the shoot itself are something of a blank slate and we can work out the details between us, but it will be an important feature of the game. So you might even say one of the primary kinks is voyeurism and exhibitionism although that’s not to say it’s something the lead characters are motivated by, or even aware of. Though they could be.

Last edited:
cM5fpVP.png

Sixty miles from the nearest coast, and heading further out to sea a small vessel pitched and rolled through wild ocean swell. Above a dense, dark canopy of boiling, lightning-streaked cloud brooded low in the sky, making the hour impossible to guess. It was almost wholly dark but for the odd incandescent flash of lightning and would have been so whether night or day. Two lights, one blinking, glowed in the oppressive rain streaked gloom atop the pitching vessel’s mast, high enough to be seen above the massive swell even when they rolled into a trough between the waves, but nowhere about them did any other lights blink back. Its crew were alone, and the state of their vessel - it’s canvas in particular - suggested that the storm had come upon them swiftly. On the wind swept deck of the boat itself, amid the driving rain and pounding spray, two oilskin clad figures stood, one at each end.

Astern the smaller, sleeker shape was at the wheel. A female figure, she looked foreword with something quite like disapproval on her face, or at whiles would glance astern as though something unpleasant loomed behind her. She was worried about her boat; thinking of it as the Unsounded, though the name painted on its side was Thunder Child. Her own name was Alex, although her crewmate had a longish list of other, more pejorative, monikers which were perhaps best left unmentioned.

‘Seven-and-a-half!’ she called forewords though her voice barely carried the mere eight or so meters abow of the tiny vessel to where a larger male figure was trying to haul in the headsail. The wind took it elsewhere.

She was calling out the height of the swell for her crewmate - though she might have objected to the term crewmate as opposed to crew - who wanted to know when it reached eight. Eight happened to be his record, and he was looking foreword to surpassing it. Despite that private ambition, and the rigging in front of him on which he worked steadily with gloved fingers he seemed largely unconcerned about the weather, or his own safety, though he was securely life-lined to their forestay. He was not especially worried about the boat itself - having made it seaworthy in the first place he was confident she could take the pounding - which despite his crewmates silly ideas, and the name under which it was moored, he was determined to think of as the Thunder Child. It was after all the name he had painted on the side. His own name was Damien, and that was generally what people called him, but for Alex who often considered things like idiot and moron a great deal more suitable and accurate.

If in any storm he would break his record it would have been the one the two were in the midst of. Had the young woman at the wheel, and the older man at the bow working the sheets not both been experienced ocean yachtsmen, or yacht-persons as Alex might have had it, such weather would have been cause for fear, even panic. As it stood though each held private concerns although neither would have admitted it - especially not to the other - and they both seemed outwardly calm despite that moments ago they had been asleep, or pretending to sleep at least. There had been arguments about navigation the day before, unresolved arguments, about their system of taking turns to fix their heading which had seen Alex sneak up on deck during the night to fix what she had deemed a faulty course. Damien had guessed she would do so and followed suit, but it was impossible for either to head up in such cramped quarters without the other knowing and so the back-and-forth had continued for several hours until neither was able to keep track of the many alterations, improvements and adjustments. They were pathetically off-course in other words, and only dimly aware of how badly. Neither could spare the time to think much on it though; the storm had their full attention.

Even over the booming and crashing of the shuddering deck timbers that sounded their progression as they smashed through the lip of each narrow wave crest the unerring sound of the torrential rain, a downpour so vicious it stung where it pelted exposed skin, could be heard as it thrashed the deck and all their raised canvas. The shrieking gale - easily over forty knots - caused it to gutter and swirl with each gust, and nowhere but below deck was there a way to escape it. Even if it had not been raining though nothing could have remained dry in such a storm. Each time they slid down into the trough of the steep, and rising swell their nose was buried by eleven tons of ballasted hardwood and rigging bearing down atop it at an angle of almost sixty degrees to split the surface of the uncharacteristically angry Pacific with a sickening crash. Under such impacts the deck shuddered disturbingly beneath their feet while their vessels sleekly cut prow and nose gouged beneath the ocean surface, and sent up sheets of spray so thick it almost seemed that Damien was plunged underwater with each lurch where he stood life-lined to the forestay. This spray was hurled up with such force that thick drops of white-water even rained down on atop Alex where she stood astern, almost eight meters away, manning - though she might have objected to this term - the wheel.

Glancing to their rear to see their wake their skipper stared for some time. Despite the swell, and the furling headsail their speed was impressive, but the young woman pulled her gaze away, and looked up at the low, brooding clouds that made up the boiling storm-sheeted sky. Neither moon nor star shone through them, but at whiles all was bathed in evanescence as lightning forked between the towering banks of cloud. Such storms did not occur over land, and they made for an absorbing sight so that she appeared unwilling to look away until a particularly excessive shower of spray returned her attention to the moment. Shifting awkwardly as it pelted her slender, oilskin clad figure, she turned, while scraping a saturated fringe of darkened, dripping hair from her eyes to start briefly. For a moment Damien had been entirely shrouded by white-water, disappearing from sight as if the rushing water had ripped him clear of the prow. Yet as their bow-sprit arose he became visible once more, completely drenched from head-to-toe, and Alex felt certain - though she could not see him - that he was grinning like an idiot. Somehow, she could feel it, and it was obnoxious.

‘My socks are wet,’ he yelled back as though it were somehow interesting, important, relevant, or perhaps even revelatory.

The sound of his deep-voiced laughter drifted astern, and in no way did it seem contrived or forced. In fact he sounded thrilled.

‘Idiot,’ Alex muttered darkly as she hauled on the slick metal spokes of the wheel, and bore them about to come head-on at the next rising wave.

It annoyed her that Damien pretended to not know why she hated him. As if it were all a mystery - as if he were shocked that anyone could - when he refused to take even something like this seriously. Alex had actually been worried. Not because she was fond of him in any way, but because she was not a sociopath, but instead of having the common sense to be shaken or concerned like a normal person he treated it like an amusing game.. The canvas was down a moment later though, despite his amusement, and he managed awkwardly to traverse the wild rearing, lurching deck to where he furled it somewhat, and with that it was tied to the mast. Alex meanwhile guessed again at the height of the swell by gazing from mast-tip - she knew its height to the nearest centimetre - to wave-tip.

‘Eight,’ she called out, not needing to raise her voice as much, even as Damien traipsed nimbly toward her across the heaving deck.

That was something else which annoyed her. He was big - athletic, tall and broad shouldered - probably close to two hundred pounds, and looked like he should have been a clumsy, ham-handed idiot. Yet he was no less sure-footed when it came to traversing the pitching deck than she was. Though he was an idiot, or she was convinced of it at the very least. Spinning on a heel at the crashing sound of their nose smashing through the surface even as she considered him her crewmate threw out his arms as if glad of the sheet of white-water which splashed over him heavily along with the deck, and lastly Alex herself. She shook her head, but said nothing, and in a moment Damien had life-lined himself to the wheel mount beside her.

‘Look,’ he held up a bent shackle.

Alex raised an eyebrow at the twisted steel. Damien nodded. They both knew what it meant, namely that certain tolerances were being reached, and gear was going to start failing.

‘We’ll need a sea-anchor,’ she stated, while her crewmate nodded his agreement.

Even standing less than four-feet from one other they had to raise their voices to be heard over the wild weather.

Damien reached for his life-line, but moving more swiftly Alex had hers detached first.

‘No, I’ve got it,’ she spoke quickly, ‘You take this,’ she nodded at the wheel.

He might have had more raw ocean going experience than she did, but Alex did not trust him to set something so important; her thought being that he never took things seriously enough to be wholly trustworthy. In addition to being an idiot with wet socks.

‘Ah,’ his trademark vacant grin was replaced by a contrived expression of weariness, ‘Such is the prestige, the privilege, and the burden-’ he stopped with this when Alex raised a finger in a warning gesture.

‘This isn’t a steamer out of Shanghai, and you‘re not in command.’ she cut him off, ‘So stop quoting that stupid book, and turn us into the weather.‘ and turned away, heading astern.

‘-Such is the loneliness of command,’ Damien went on facetiously as though there had been no interruption, even as he sidled around to take the wheel.

Alex halted briefly to glower at his back.

‘Moron,’ she remarked though it was clear he either could not hear or was ignoring her.

As Alex headed astern to fix the sea-anchor, nimbly traversing the heaving timbers of the deck with practised ease, she thought ruefully on what strange compulsion it was which had possessed her to buy this vessel. Of course she had desperately wanted to own it, but being forced to share it with someone as vacant and bewilderingly irritating as Damien almost made her wish she didn‘t.

Ten minutes later and the two were ensconced within the dry, relative warmth of the cramped, lurching, dimly lit space that was their vessel’s cabin. Alex’ drenched oilskin was across her knees, and her outer, long-sleeved shirt had been tugged off so that she wore only a drying black tank top. She looked under the weather, and though her face was not visible there seemed a pallor to the otherwise healthily tanned colour of her smooth limbs as she sat with her athletic shoulders hunched over, while one hand gripped the back of her neck. Damien sat opposite atop a table trying to avoid looking at the bucket on the floor held between her boots.

‘It’s nothing to be ashamed of, happens to the best of us. Except me,’ he spoke in level tones - being offensively reasonable - regarding the bout of sea-sickness. Even so he appeared to be suppressing a grin as he slipped down from the table and held a green apple towards his crewmate, ‘they do work y’know,’ Alex looked up slowly, and narrowed her eyes as he took a swig from the bottle of gin he held in his other hand.

‘Fuck off.’ she spoke icily.

‘Oh, OK. Where should I go?’ he asked before taking a noisy bite out of the latterly proffered apple, ‘the conservatory-?’ his eyes widened as he swallowed the over-large mouthful too soon in order to go on, ‘Or perhaps I’ll take a stroll out through the gardens to the atrium, and watch the peacocks on the lawn, or the hedge-maze, oh yes, I’ve heard its simply enchanting this time of year, but on the other hand there‘s always-’

‘Shut up!’ Alex looked up again, ‘this bucket going on your head if you keep talking,’ there was a moments silence as her head lowered again. ’What the fuck are we doing down here anyway?’ she had never been sea-sick before in her life precisely because she knew the worst place to be while pitching was below deck and she disliked being stuck there.

‘Pft, you know why we're down here. Its safer if we roll-’ her crewmate shrugged, ‘but if don't like it bear in mind if you’d set the sea-anchor right it wouldn‘t be a problem,’ he shifted with that as though trying to get a look at her face.

‘I did set it right,’ she ground out as though this were a sore point. ‘Your cheap line just snapped,’ Alex looked up as though expecting him to argue.

‘Its not cheap. Its authentic, actually it’s more expensive than nylon, besides-’

‘-It snapped,’ she cut him off. ‘because it’s cheap. You and your stupid love of old shit, we don’t even have an engine! I mean what the hell, why are you such a retrograde simpleton? Afraid of anything more sophisticated than a wrist-watch,’

‘I hate wrist watches,’ his tone was pointed, offended even. ‘Especially digital ones, they’re almost as bad as mobile phones,’

‘Oh that’s right, I forgot about your stupid watch-aversion.’

Damien sighed at this. Apparently his preference for the old fashion was a sore point between them.

‘Well I kinda wish we did have an engine now,’ he responded, much to her surprise, ‘I mean we can’t drop canvas without a sea anchor, and we’re carrying too much, but its the only way to head in without an engine-’ he scratched his head through a longish, untidy mass of drying brown hair. ‘if it gets worse we might have to call it quits,’ as he spoke Damien pulled a thick, long-sleeved shirt over his broad shoulders.

A moment of silence passed with that as Alex wondered at his voice. He hardly seemed disappointed though he was talking about abandoning a boat he seemed to love, and had thrown six months of his life into making sea-worthy. It certainly wasn’t an event she looked forward to herself, although she perhaps gave it less credence than she should have. Alex was simply not accustomed to failure though, and had always disliked admitting to being powerless even in the face of forces she had no control over.

‘Alright, fine. Give me that,’ she spoke up suddenly, snatching the bottle of gin from his unresisting hand before she took a swig, and grimaced over the unpleasant taste.

‘All good medicine tastes awful,’ he remarked. ‘But look on the bright side, if we sink you might die.’

‘I hate being stuck in here with you,’ she remarked.

‘That‘s not the problem.’ he countered. ‘The reality is far worse,’

‘Oh?’ Alex raised an eyebrow.

‘Yeah. I‘m stuck in here with you.’

‘You‘re an idiot.’ she stated calmly, taking another drink.

I‘ve tried something like this game in the past as I think it has potential especially given my interest in personality conflict. Taking two people who dislike one another, and obliging them to remain at close-quarters, each with no way to get away from the other, where they will be forced to work together, rely upon one another, even trust each other. The focus isn’t erotic, and may even be better described as romantic but there is certainly room for erotica. This plot can easily go in two directions as well with one being more story and character driven, possessing greater scope for drama and external conflict, and the other retaining the core character conflict and having more room for erotica. The first option would involve disaster. Perhaps they strike a shipping container and go down mid-ocean, off-course, and we detail their attempts to survive in a life raft. Alternatively the trip continues (albeit slowed by damaged canvas) more or less disaster-free and they must simply work together and learn to trust one another in order to complete it.

Last edited:
z73rdFL.png

I’ve written this game specifically for people who do not know this particular setting as there is minimal lore for the time-period in which it is set, and almost all the necessary information is included in the background section. It is set in Brettonia (a fantasy take on medieval France) a thousand years prior to the unification of its peoples, and the focus is adventure though there is also potential for romance and erotica. I‘ve included two potential male leads, both of whom I am happy to play myself. Though the focus of the story is a young woman who was raised as a boy in order to be able to inherit her father’s fief, and her efforts to preserve it in the face of a ruthless band of brigands led by a former knight.

One-thousand years before the advent of the Imperial calendar and one-thousand nine hundred and seventy eight years before the advent of their own the Brettoni tribe came to inhabit the lands that would eventually take their name after being united by their first king. Though exposed and difficult to defend it was a geographically privileged land boasting rich soils, a verdant character, mild climate, a wealth of metals and an abundance of animal life. This proved irresistible to these formerly nomadic peoples; a land worth fighting for, but they were not the only ones who felt this way. Nor were they a unified people. Though they usually found common cause against outsiders at other times they did not hesitate to war amongst themselves.

For the Brettoni this transition from nomad to settled farmer was not easily accomplished. Once new pasture had been but a days ride away, but now they were tied to their land. The strongest amongst them refused to give up their horses though, and the rest became vassals in their service to support the exorbitant cost of their ways with toil in the field. A warrior-caste, born to the sword, saddle and lance they both protected and preyed upon their vassals, some openly exploiting their labours and ruling arbitrarily by direct force of arms. As the generations passed this left their people divided. Fed and clothed in the finest manner, trained to fight from the day they could walk, choosing always the finest brides and raising their children the same way meant the ruling castes claim of superiority began to ring true in many ways. Worked almost like beasts of burden in some cases, and with the fruits of their labour taken in payment for protection and the maintenance of their lords estates and arms the ill-educated peasants and surfs looked up to rulers who in many cases literally stood head and shoulders above them.

Such was this divide that in some smaller villages a single family of such nobles ruled a small strip of surrounding countryside, while a single knight - as these warriors came to be known - was it’s sole protector. Entrusted to extract tithes from his subjects, and to tithe his liege in turn, while keeping the peace and upholding local law. Whether benevolent or truly malignant these men ruled by their word, and their rule was absolute; local law often being based on the mores and customs of the ruling family, many of whom traced their lineage to the time of their great migrations. So it went for many generations.

In the year accounted that one-thousand, four-hundred and seventy-eighth before the unification of their kingdom, and five-hundred years before the creation of the Imperial Calendar there was one such knightly family, the Tournelles, who ruled a narrow strip of land between the Arden forest and the Wastelands which surrounded the Island-town of Marianburg, beyond the borders of those lands the Brettoni called their own. It was a troubled region, and they were dangerous times. It followed a period of castellation and fortification where even the most petty nobles had made themselves difficult to attack directly, and thus less subject to the distant authority of those to whom they nominally swore fealty. Many out-right rejected all law save that which they made, and fealty save that which was owed them, and these robber Barons fought amongst themselves frequently. The ruthless strategy of the chevauchée left whole villages destroyed and many displaced, while the forced conscription of vassals who were armed and trained to fight and then ordered back to the back-breaking labour of the field when not needed, or left homeless in the wake of defeat left armed bands of hungry, homeless and desperate men only too happy to turn to brigandage. The displaced and desperate often caused their ranks to swell, and within the eaves of the forests of Chalons and Ardens were whole communities of such bandits and cutthroats raising their children on pillaged crops and rustled livestock.

The constant toppling of, and rising of local lords, many of whom would execute the men-at-arms of their dead rivals, left many masterless knights wandering the land. Most continued to uphold the mores and traditions of their families for better or worse, and much of the Brettoni legendry surrounding the figure of the brave knight-errant stems from this period, yet such legends overlook those who were less noble. As sell-swords these landless knights were rarely trustworthy, but many sank lower still becoming bandit chiefs and gathering what in some cases became small armies of brigands. And it was in this clime that Éric Eugene Tournelle was raised, the only child of Eugene and Sandrine Tournelle. At the age of sixteen his father Eugene was slain in battle with the forces of their liege; an upstart knight whose petty wars with his neighbours were bleeding the wealth of his lands away for little gain. Thus at that young age he became the master of the humble village of Brière and the lands thereabouts, in title if not in name for while he did take up the martial duties of a Knight his mother, a canny and strong-minded woman, still largely ruled her son and by extension the land which was nominally his, or rather hers. As Éric was in fact a young woman. As in the knowledge that they would never bear another child her parents had raised her as a son, lest their tiny fiefdom pass from the possession of their family, and few in the village knew the truth in this matter.

Sandrine Tournelle was a proud woman who dated her families lineage to the migratory, and - in more fanciful terms - even to the pre-migratory period. She chafed under the rule of a distant lord. A man she deemed an upstart whose next futile war would likely take her daughter, as the last had her husband, so that she had Éric declare their lands unbound by his authority. Thus her child became the lord of a her own tiny fief, and would give fealty only when asked by one whose birth and actions were worthy of it. It was a dangerous gambit but paid off when the keep of their former liege was overrun by three of his rivals who soon fell to squabbling amongst themselves over the division of his estates. Amid the route and chaos of the following years their little strip of land was largely overlooked, it's wealth and tiny populace simply too insignificant. With no crushing tithes owed to any distant master, Brière and its fields and surrounding farmsteads prospered duly. Though firm and often uncompromising rulers the Tournelles were thought highly of by their subjects, and even after the death of his mother and his own entry into middle-age things remained this way, though Éric never married, for obvious reason, and the Tournelles became a family of one.

Their fief itself was nestled in the northern corner of the Vale Fleuridia - between two peaked arms of the Pale Sisters range - where a tributary of the river Sannez, known locally as the Fleur, fed their small mill. The village was arrayed on both sides of that river. On the southern side was a confluence of more rural properties spread across a fair distance but centred around the mill and market square where additional homesteads stood beneath the shadow of a dishevelled but sturdy stone watchtower. In days gone by this had been the Tournelles home, and in the time of Éric’s father it had been occupied by the Sergeant of his men-at-arms, who had served as his Bailiff. It now lay empty, as it had for many long years. On the other side of the Fleur was a more concentrated collection of structures which were less rural in character; the village smith, tanner, and others whose skills did not oblige them to till the earth lived here among others as well as those who worked in the small vineyard and orchards of the Tournelles personal estate. Moreover the keep’s staff - the servants, gardener and so on - all largely dwelt in this part of the village. This the Northern side of the river was split into a small block of wealthier homes, and a larger collective of more run-down shacks. Aside from farmers, tradespeople and the keep's staff there were others who fished in the rivers further upstream, as well as a small number of hunters and goatherds who dwelt further up within the foothills of the Pale Sisters, and enough woodcutters who worked the heavily forested, rising slope of Mt. Briè that the village was not dependant on trade for anything save metals and certain luxuries.

At that time, during the rule of Lord Éric Tournelles, the village of Brière itself was like a place out of a storybook. Admittedly not an especially clean storybook, but despite it’s unpleasant surroundings - the rugged Pale Sisters range and Wasteland to the east, and the bandit-plagued Arden forest to the west - the village itself, and the small farms and homestead dotted fief it sat amidst had a rare idyllic charm. In other lands expensive woodcuts might be fashioned showing their farmers and village-folk brightly dressed, happily fed and attuned to the simple pleasure of their rural lifestyle when the truth was rags, toothless mouths, hungry bellies, grumbled discontent and the well known peasant’s slouch, but here, even if hunger and poverty were not done away with, the wealthier folk in fact came quite close to such images, while only the poorest matched the latter. In owing no fealty to a foreign lord, and in their size, obscurity and lack of real capital it was also a relatively peaceful place, and there was little to protect themselves from save occasional acts of brigandage. However these had been growing more frequent in the months leading up to their harvest that year.

If you’ve read the summary, and the background section you’ll have a good idea of what this particular game is about, although below this section there is also a more direct introduction. Your character is the protagonist; a woman raised as a boy who rules, and protects a small fief in the Vale Florida between the Wasteland and the bandit plagued Forest of Ardens. The story picks up at a point where only her personal blacksmith and armourer knows her secret, and during a Harvest Festival when an injured stranger arrives in town with a dire warning about bandits. As far as the potential for romance is concerned either of these male characters represents a different option although the newcomer will at first be unaware that your character is a woman. Moreover he is a suspicious figure whose wounds appear to have been deliberately inflicted so as not to kill, and it may be that his presence is not as benign as he claims. Naturally I’m happy to play both of these characters, and there’s the potential for a love triangle if you’re that way inclined. The primary source of conflict will be the looming bandit attack, how they choose to deal with it, and whether the mysterious newcomer is involved.

Last edited:
loKS90t.png

Within one of the upstairs rooms of the aged-oak and brick walls of the solidly built coaching house a troubled shadow dwelt. Little more could be divined from the ground floor, and as much only if one were close enough to peer up through the unlit window. The scant moon light, blending with the flickering, rosier glow of naked torchlight that licked the structure’s dark walls above the iron mounts set either side of its doors showed only a darker blackness of shadows amid the darkness within. Inside the locked room - it's heavy bolted door a thing that offered no real reassurance - the tenant stood peering toward the stables. He had chosen his room for this express purpose, and appeared to take no reassurance from the apparently peaceful scene.

The clothes he wore, their fabric and cut, along with his accoutrements - such as an exotically hilted court sword - and certain effects left about the room; such as a hat which would have been quite fashionable eleven months ago in Nuln, and a silver-chained pocket watch of evidently fine make suggested a man fallen from grace. He presented himself in his upright posture, shoulders thrust back and head high, with the inscrutable, yet bleeding pride of a nobleman without the means to be a nobleman. The hat seemed particularly sad with its broken griffon feather, a mere seven inches long, which he apparently did not have the heart to remove. Unless he owned a horse, although that did seem likely given his fixation with the stables, the pocket watch likely represented the sum of his worldly assets. Though it said something about the Empire that even a vagabond noble seemingly fleeing to more lawless lands, perhaps to escape some shame or charge, was by way of this one trinket undoubtedly the wealthiest man in the inn. This despite his ragged, travel worn clothes, the prominent bloodstained bandages wrapped around his leg and arm, and the careworn expression on his ruggedly weathered face telling a tale of hardship and blood-shed.

A second look at the figure, and eyes familiar with the lands thereabouts might have come to a number of conclusions. To begin with his gelid, blue-grey eyes were - apart from curiously dead - not a common feature among the men of the Empire. One familiar with the nation might have guessed of those eyes, and from something of the cut of his features and that the man had a strong dash of Kislevite blood in him, most likely Gospodar. Moreover though the style of his clothes looked like the work of a fashionable Imperial tailor from Nuln his features were blended not with those common to the South, but with a ruggedness of clearly Teutogen origin. He held a small leather bound journal in one hand, and when he turned away from the window he opened it and his blue-gray eyes swept the individual passages, each one dated and recorded in a neatly flowing script. One set of pages bore the following entries:

14th of Brauzeit, Wellentag - finally got her. She was heading into the Countesses palace where I shot her from a roof-top. She can’t know it was me, no-one could, I was too far away. Her dregs got the rank creature indoors before I could reload, but the injury left the crowds nearby in no doubt about her. Were it not for her bodyguards she would have been lynched then and there. I’m glad she wasn’t though. In truth I can’t abide the thought of someone else killing her. Either way she can’t remain in Nuln.

15th of Brauzeit, Aubentag - no sign of her. Has she left the city, or is she hiding somewhere? The .former seems unlikely, and she can‘t hide forever. Every Witch Hunter and Templar in the city is after her. She must be suffering. Good. Better to think I caused it, but you have to be alive to suffer. That is less good.

16th, Brauzeit, Marktag - as far as I can determine she left the city in a coach heading for Averland on the Nuln Road after killing a Witch Hunter and two Raven Knights, and it seems the order won’t let that pass. A group of their knights are on her heels. I would wager she is heading for Sylvania as they won‘t follow her there. I have no contacts or friends beyond this city in Wissenland, and have never even been to Averland, but I can’t let this go. Am on my own now it seems.

17th, Brauzeit Backertag - found her coach. The coachman is a corpse. Following tracks in the road brought me to the next coaching inn on the road to Flensberg. She spent the night, or maybe it was one of her thralls. The knights were there before me but did not stay. The innkeeper said there were five of them and a knight of the inner circle.

18th, Brauzeit Bezahltag - seems the knights were attacked on the road. Probably by her dregs. Common bandits would never attack such a well-armed group. Gleaned nothing from the dead save the suggestion that the knights must be on her trail. Why else would she set her minions to ambush them? Also spoke to the road wardens burying the dead and it seems they too have been roused. They sent messages ahead by carrier pigeon to rouse their patrols. Am making good time, and should overtake the knights soon.

19th, Brauzeit, Konistag - rode all day, found nothing save garbled tracks. I’m no tracker myself, but would venture that I seem to be gaining on them. Following the Old Dwarf Road now towards Averheim itself.

20-21stth, Brauzeit - passed Averheim and crossed the Aver. Caught up to the knights at an Inn on the Zhufbar road. Overheard that they have split up. One group heading for Heideck in case she makes for the Border Princes, the other for the Sylvanian border. Apparently the road wardens are watching both borders, but they will have more men to the south. They won’t go into Sylvania itself, but I will.

He turned to the next page, but did not stop to read the entries. In fact he closed the book with a frustrated sigh before tossing it onto the bed-stand. Even as it landed an incredibly heavy yet dully muffled thump against the locked, solid timber door saw the tall, dark-haired figure start visibly. To his credit his sword flashed into his hand in a blink as he whirled around, but though he seemed fast on his feet, and quick with his hands there was an obvious reticence about the way he held the blade. Something to suggest that he was unaccustomed to it’s use. His blue-gray eyes twitched toward the white-knuckled fingers that grasped it, as if he did not trust it, even as he willed his hand to relax.

Four more hollow thumps sounded against the heavily barred door before the screws fixing in the bolt were ripped partly free with the reverberating crack of fracturing timbers as parts of the door frame split along the grain. The next blow removed them entirely, and the bolt fell to the floor as the door burst in, but there was no more than a feint, almost ghostly sound; silvery laughter, its tone sweet and melodic from outside. He backed up, his posture and behaviour showing marked fear of the sound. His free hand feeling behind him over the bed-stand, knocking over a candle and spilling wax along the bare pine before he managed to grasp his hat and thrust it down atop his head. It seemed to brace up his resolve, and whether bravely, or foolhardily - given what had happened to the door - the figure now advanced. Two strides were all he managed though before he was halted. His formerly passive eyes now alight with a profound intensity, and burning with utter hatred. They were fixed on a deep shadow amid the darkness of the hall in which something pale flickered before a figure stepped from the dark. The darkness around it seemed a thing of actual substance and clung about its limbs in wisps that only gradually withdrew as it stepped closer.

The withdrawing shadows revealed a girl. Her pale face was very striking and there was something magnetic about her blithely innocent expression, as though smashing in the heavy aged oak door had been a game. The image of her standing in the wreck of the staved-in doorway - a pale skinned figure not five feet tall and clad in a simple black riding dress - was simply too incongruous. Enough so that the man looking at her now in fact lowered his blade, his brows pressing low when she blinked her large, dark, sympathetic eyes. He knew better, but that made no difference and his lowered guard afforded her more than enough of an opportunity to strike.

She had surged across the space between them like charged-lightning and though he brought up the blade she swept the tip to one side almost casually before a waifish, white limb lashed out and caught his sword-arm. Delicate fingers seized his wrist in a grip that did not look as though it should have held him, but his arm was immobilised and before his wrist could twist around to bring the blade into play her fingers tightened, and he tensed visibly. He loosed a pained grunt as the sword fell from his hand and clattered to the floor and before he could lunge for it, before he could even think to, a blow to his chest which looked like it should have done little more than amuse the tall, broad-shouldered figure instead threw him clear off his feet. His back thudded audibly against the corner of the window’s deep bay before he rolled and dropped heavily onto the floor, on hands and knees.

‘Oh, Conrad,’ the girl sighed, her tone patronising, as he groaned and clutched his ribs. ’You’ve made this too easy,’

Even as he looked to where his sword had fallen, knowing he would never be able to reach it in time, the ragged former-noble’s tired features were shot with pain; streaks of stabbing heat which slashed at his back causing his spine to arch as he gritted his teeth against it. That would at least be over soon he reflected as the figure moved closer, and there were other deeper pains and hurts which saw a sliver of something like relief begin to grow in his racing thoughts.

‘How did you manage to cause such trouble for us?’ she asked.

‘Because you’re idiots.’ he cut back with a grin though his face was shot with pain.

Conrad used the window-sill to pull himself back onto his feet even as he spoke, but was scarcely off his knees when she advanced. He had no time to react before she seized hold of his long hair and beat his face against the window sill. The sound alone made him wonder if she had broken something, yet for all that he felt little pain as he slumped dizzily.

‘After Nuln, you should have known this was coming.’ she spoke in a breathy whisper more apt to a lover’s flirtation than her scornful remonstrations. ‘You’re pathetic. I’m going to tear your head off.’

However the smile on her pale face soon twisted into a more predatory expression, and she revealed long, razor-sharp canines as she leaned over his throat, still holding him by the hair. She moved to sink her teeth into his neck, and it seemed he could do nothing to stop her. Nor did he need to. Had the sound of his own heart pounding behind his ears not blocked it out entirely he would have noticed the swift, heavy foot-falls approaching from the ruined doorway, but when the Lahmian’s grip went slack, and he looked up as her eyes widened with shock it was clear someone had saved him. The most telling evidence was an ensanguined blade protruding from the front of the creature’s chest, but Conrad did not spend more than an instant trying to make sense of what had occurred. Throwing off the creature’s slack grasp he half-crawled, half threw himself clear as an inhuman scream tore through the coaching Inn. Behind his would-be killer stood a tall figure clad head to toe in crimson plate who now calmly withdrew a finely crafted, but somewhat anachronistic longsword from the Lahmian’s chest. The weapon whirled around with a deft movement of the figure’s wrist and forearm, and Conrad’s would-be killer was silenced forever. Her head fell to the floor as the kneeling Lahmian’s body flopped to one side, hitting the floor with a dull thud, as blood bubbled up out of the cleanly severed arteries in its neck.

He went for his blade and seized it up from where it had been thrown part-way across the room before raising it defensively. Moving carefully, making to circle around the armoured figure, trying to keep from having it standing between him and the nearest exit. It may well have looked like a knight, but he saw no token on the armour. At best then it was a mercenary and in these lands that did not bode well.

‘Why did you help me?’ he essayed, ‘What is it you want?’ his accent, a little like his features, belied something of his Teutognen lineage though he spoke with the cultivated and affected air of one who had learned his letters and diction under a strict Verenian rod. Its sophistication was strangely at odds with his bedraggled appearance though it matched his proud demeanour, and his more aristocratic features well. His voice was deep, naturally soft and smooth in both pace and inflection.

While he spoke his cold blue-grey eyes looked over the newcomer slowly, and Conrad weighed his chances of survival if it came to blows. They were laughably slim at best; he was moving with a limp already, wondering whether the earlier impact had broken or merely bruised his ribs, and doubted his light blade could deal with her heavy armour. ‘Armpit,’ he thought to himself in silence, ‘back of the knees? Gods, that’s less than useless,’ he tried to picture the demonstrations of his single-stick tutor, the pages of the manuals he had read but none of it gave him any confidence. The dauntingly well-armoured figure betrayed no sense of being ill at ease with its weapon, as he did, and he had already seen it kill with the practised hand of long familiarity. That blade, and the one holding it were old friends.

What he really needed was a loaded pistol, or six.

‘I want nothing from you, and I did not act to save you. You are merely touched by luck it seems.’ It was Reikspiel, fluent and well spoken although the accent was unmistakably Brettonian, and more than that: unmistakably female.

She appeared to resent the idea that she might want anything from him, and as she spoke the Knight was met by a narrowing of the ragged figures gelid eyes, and his brows pressing low partly in confusion. Conrad’s features softened slightly while his head canted gently to the right. The strange knight’s words led his thought’s along a perplexed sojourn as he tried to make sense of what they meant to him.

'Still I imagine I ought to, well-’ his expression became wry, ’thank you?' Conrad spoke at last, while he lowered his blade, ‘so you knew her, then-’ he raised one dark eyebrow enquiringly, ‘or her sisters?’ this last word was framed in a hateful snarl.

Before he could go on however, before she could respond, they were both aware of shouting that drifted up through the thick floor-boards followed by a noise of heavy, booted feet hammering their way upstairs. The Lahmian’s death-rattle had apparently stirred the guards, and Conrad decided it was time to leave, although she was still blocking the exit and seemed disinclined to move.

‘Oh,’ she intoned, while turning to face the smashed door, ‘So they’re finally coming-’ she glanced back over her shoulder at Conrad, ‘I’m going to kill them, you might want to stay out of my way.’

Something about this proclamation chilled Conrad. The heavily guarded coaching in boasted about a dozen guards and it seemed like most of them were on their way upstairs now, yet she did not seem daunted in the slightest. If anything there had been a sense of anticipation in her voice that now showed in her ready posture as if she were looking forward to the encounter.

‘Can we not simply explain?’ he spoke quickly while he saluted with and lowered his blade, 'Sylvanians hereabouts are notably fond of those who kill her kind,' he gestured toward the Lahmian’s remains.

Outlaw, vagabond and eccentric though he was Conrad was loathe to hack down Imperial citizens doing nothing more than their duty. Moreover on a more practical level he did not much approve of the odds.

'No,’ she cut back as if it were an absurd suggestion, ‘I’m afraid that would spoil my fun,’

One of the guards bounded into the room at that very moment. His garish clothing spoke of a period in the military, while his halberd was clean and well-maintained. His dark eyes moved from the dead Lahmian, to Conrad, to the knight standing in front of him, and they widened.

‘Besides-’ she calmly parried a swift thrust of the halberd’s tip to the side with her armoured forearm, still largely focused on Conrad as she caught the weapons haft, ‘I killed a few of them on the way in,’

The guard released the haft of his halberd and went for the sword sheathed at his belt, reacting quickly, but his hand had scarcely grasped its hilt before she ran him through. Conrad watched mutely for a moment as she stepped over the fallen guard. He had planned to help if it came to blows, but it seemed she did not need it.

‘You’re welcome to join me,’ she called back.

Conrad was tempted. It was something about the stranger’s voice, as if they were at a fine party and he was being invited to dance, but he shook his head at the idea even as she strode out onto the landing. Kneeling to inspect the dead Lahmian he smiled grimly upon discovering a leather-bound book which looked to be a log, or journal. There was a ring and a chain with a simple pendant as well, but he ignored the rest and pocketed the book as the knight carried the fight to the remaining guards who were converging on the upper floor in the hallway outside his room. Glancing back toward the window Conrad thought a moment to himself, and then sheathed his sword before lunging over to the dead guard to pick up his fallen halberd. Standing as the ring and clash of steel sounded in the hall he grasped, and re-gripped the weapon in both hands. Using the halberd’s heavy axe head to smash off the lock and shatter one of the lower panes of the window Conrad then spun the weapon and hammered open the window itself by thrusting the butt into it with a single sharp blow. Hopping up then, and landing with a grunt over the lance of pain which shot down one side he jumped from the windowsill itself, and hooked the lower beard of the axe-head through the open frame to arrest his descent. His hat fell off as he jerked to a sharp halt and then slid down the shaft. It was still a seven foot drop to the floor from the base of his boots when he slipped off the weapon’s long handle, and Conrad crumpled into a ball where he landed before rising gingerly, gripping his side as he pushed himself up to his feet. Dusting himself off he replaced his hat and made for the stables at a run.

The building itself was deserted. The guards having apparently left their posts to see to the disturbance inside, and as Conrad strode towards the tack room he frowned at a solidly locked door inside the entrance where he had been forced to stow his weapons. He wasn’t sure how he was going to get it open, and smirked wryly. It was only the sturdiness of that locked door, and the fact that he had obtained a room overlooking the stable's only entrance that had kept him from avoiding the inn and sleeping beneath the stars, but he did not pause long to consider the irony. Conrad instead darted into the tack room, and returned a moment later laden with his horse’s saddle and harness which he carried to one of the stalls. Inside was his horse; a well-bred Averland courser whom he had given the rather indifferent name of Magazine because it carried his ammunition and powder. The scruffy former noble saddled it swiftly. He took up several saddle-bags, and a small chest from within the stall, and fixed them to its harness along with two holsters in front of the saddle itself. Then he led it back towards the exit, and left the animal standing as he applied himself to the task of breaking down the solid, iron-bound door to the coaching inn’s armoury. He battered against it with great enthusiasm, but Conrad was rather more wiry than heavy and his efforts had little impression on the solid timber. After two minutes of noisily failing to break the door he paused and leaned back against the wall to catch his breath, while trying to ignore the pain in his bruised ribs. A metallic clink then drew his gaze towards the armoured figure of the knight who had saved his life earlier. She was standing in the doorway; her helm fastened to her sword belt, her weapon sheathed, and she held the same pendant he had noticed on the body of the Lahmian she had killed upstairs. More surprising though was the fact that she was present at all and presumably unharmed after dealing with the guards. Thoughts flashed through his mind to explain the oddity, but the best he could conclude was that here was some wayward member of the Knights of the Blazing Sun. No other Knightly order that he knew accepted women in it’s ranks, and he supposed a gifted Myrmidian templar might have been capable of the feat she had latterly performed, but her armour was not near garish enough and the colour was wrong. Moreover there was no heraldry, nor any Myrmidian motif, no sigils or signs.

‘You knew her?’ she asked before he could say a word. ‘The one who came to kill you tonight,’

Conrad nodded even as he straightened up before throwing himself against the door once again. His shoulder struck it with a loud thud near the lock with his weight flung behind it to little effect.

‘You mean Elise, or at least that was what she went by in Nuln. Oh, yes,’ he responded breathlessly, ‘I-’ he slammed against the timber again, ‘knew her. She was playing lady-in-waiting to a certain duchess who was certainly no duchess. I shot her mistress’s ear off. If it weren’t for the cross-wind, I‘d have killed her,’ he tried three more times to break open the door as he spoke before glaring at it resentfully. ‘I’ve been after her ever since, and as soon as I get this door open I mean to finish the job.’

You mean to kill her mistress,’ she looked him over sceptically, ’and how do you plan to find her?’

Conrad had been about to throw himself at the door when he halted and looked at the stranger. The flickering, rosier glow of the torches on either side of the door made her face difficult to analyse but he had a sneaking suspicion that she was quite attractive. It had been some time since he had spoken to an attractive girl who was not a seductive revenant that wanted to tear his throat out though and he had largely forgotten what one did on such occasions.

‘I’m not as useless as I look,‘ he said of her scepticism, his soft voice imbued with a defensive edge, ’and while I don‘t doubt I‘ll find some clue in the journal I took from Elise-’ he nodded back in the direction of his room, ‘I also have this-’ the former noble grasped the silver chain of his pocket watch and yanked it free from his coat pocket, opening the façade with a click to reveal something more like a compass than a watch. The point was a fine sliver of bone, its tip stained with dried blood. ‘Call it a bitch-compass,’ he smirked at his own perceived wit.

She moved closer to look at the device in his hand, and stepping out of the firelight he had his earlier suspicion confirmed, despite her boyish hair.

’Uh-’ she had snatched the compass from his hand and yanked it closer, obliging him to move forward thanks to the chain fastened to his coat, ’Excuse me?’

‘Tomb scarab venom mixed with her blood,’ she remarked, ‘Yes. That would work. A clever housing,’

‘I prefer to call it genius,’ Conrad spoke after she gave it back, setting it back in his pocket and adjusting his coat before glancing at the pendant in the armoured woman’s hand once again, ’Why, do you wish to accompany me?’ he raised one dark eyebrow. ’I’m afraid I can’t go anywhere until I collect my things, and that obliges me to knock this door down. So if you’ll step aside Il-’

She held up an arm, gesturing for him to stop while stepping between Conrad and the door. His head canted to one side as he looked on curiously, but when she stepped into a single kick that took the door off its hinges with an loud crack as the frame split, the lock and hinges both giving way, his blue-gray eyes widened with surprise.

‘You’re stronger than you look,’ he muttered in tones of frank astonishment though his rugged features also showed a certain resentment.

‘And you appear to be less idiotic than you look,’ she intoned with a smirk. ‘But as we’re looking for the same person if you really are less useless than you appear I might let you accompany me.’

‘Yes, well-’ he strode into the armoury stepping over the broken door, and smiled at the sight of several firearms arrayed atop a table. ‘That business back there-’ he waved a hand dismissively In the direction of his room, ‘none of that really counts,’

As he spoke Conrad strapped two belts to his waist, and slid an ornate repeating pistol of evidently superb quality into the holsters fixed to each, and slung a cartridge-belt over his shoulder before grasping two longer weapons; a repeating handgun, and a Hotchland long-rifle, both of exquisite make, which he carried back to his mount and holstered on either side of the saddle. Conrad then turned away and took off his hat, dusting it off on his breeches before he put it on once more and turned to face the armoured young woman.

‘Surely you recognise me now,’ he said, ‘Or-’ his brow lined thoughtfully, ‘oh, yes, I forget we are rather a long way from Wissenland. Well, I happen to be the famous killer of the dead; known as the Griffin Feather, none other than Conrad Reichsfreiherr von Sperrle, and for saving my life I hold myself at your disposal until I return the favour, is your horse far? I shall lead you on mine if it pleases you,’

‘I don’t mind walking. Also your feather appears to be broken.’ she spoke flatly referring to his hat, ‘and my name is Felicia de Arcaneau.’

‘It‘s supposed to be broken,’ he cut back defensively, taking off the befeathered accoutrement and inspecting the broken feather with a forlorn expression that belied his protestation before he hung it over the butt of the rifle holstered by his saddle like a nomad’s bow. ‘but lead on madmoseille Arcaneau, chevalier sans peur et sans reproche, before more guards arrive,’ he spoke with an affected but well-schooled Brettonian accent.

‘There aren‘t anymore.’ she responded as they made their way out of the stables.

Conrad looked at her sidelong even as he hauled himself up into the saddle. ‘You killed them?’

‘Of course,’ she said as he urged the animal after her with his heels.

‘But there were at least a dozen of-’

‘Fourteen actually,’ she spoke over him. ‘I think they were drunk, but it was fun while it lasted,’

‘I see,’ he responded. ‘Fun, you call it,’ he was beginning to wonder if he now owed his life to a mad person.

'You're not really famous, anywhere, are you?' she asked then.

Conrad smiled at this, 'I am a little bit- well no,’ he confessed, ‘not yet, at any rate.'

This game has a strong focus on adventure and is largely driven by external conflict and character motivation, not to mention plenty of tension and conflict between the two leads. There is potential for romance and erotica but the plot and story should remain central in the event that things lean this way. Of course there are other possibilities for the leading lady than my initial suggestion so feel free to invent someone or something else. She simply needs to save the male leads life at the outset and either be a vampire hunter or be willing to join him to that end. In all the plot represents a fairly straight-forward quest for revenge, Their adventures should see them crossing the breadth of entire Empire and following leads as far as Kislev and the Border Princes in their pursuit. However there are numerous possibilities for raising the stakes depending on the exact nature of the female lead and her reasons for becoming involved.

8Iz5vnJ.png

Blinking repeatedly Erik looked behind him on either side through bleary, blood-shot eyes. His arms were chained to a wall, and he wasn’t sure where he was. Certainly not the Reikland tavern where he’d met the pretty serving wench last night. No. It smelled much worse here and it, sadly, seemed like no-one was about to bring him a drink. He pulled experimentally against the fetters binding his wrists to the wall behind him. Even through the cloying fog of a thick hangover the huge Norscan mercenary knew something was wrong. He had enemies of course but they all wanted him dead. This was different.

‘You.’ the massive Norscan barked even as he kicked one of the many prone figures in the squalid basement. ’Empire-man, why aren’t I in bed?’

The rag swaddled figure cringed from the blow of the heavy hobnailed boot and sat up as though in a daze before shaking his head. The other figures, some chained to the wall like Erik, began to move as well. Presumably stirred to wakefulness by the northerner’s deep voice. A troubled expression played over his harshly chiselled features as Erik shook his long blonde hair from his eyes and looked around. Everything but the clothes on his back had been taken.

‘Where’s my sword?’ he demanded, ‘don’t think I can’t kill you all without it.’ he glowered at the other prisoners who were too preoccupied to respond.

For a man of Erik’s towering height standing was quite a process, but he managed it despite his manacled wrists. Presumably ignoring the muttered protestations of the cringing figure he had kicked as it whined about its ignorance his blue-grey eyes scanned the basement. One thing was readily apparent. Of the other prisoners several were obviously mutants possessed of all manner of misshapen deformities that were all too visible in spite of any attempts at concealment.

A piercing scream from somewhere above them saw the imprisoned figures all stare upwards, but for Erik. Instead the pale-skinned northerner shook his long flaxen hair free of his eyes and grunted, straining through clenched teeth, as he pulled against his bonds. The chains were pulled taut and offered no give, but even as the iron manacles began to cut into his wrists Erik proceeded to rip one of the bolted anchor-plates he was chained too clear off the wall with a loud crack. The second followed a moment later.

‘HAH!’ Erik intoned loudly, 'worthless, that wouldn’t have held a Skealing child.’

Immediately the other captives started. Some yelling, pleading, all asking Erik to help them escape. Of the others chained to the walls some tried to follow his example, but their bonds held strong. Of the rest some were bound hand-and-foot, but others with merely their wrists tied behind their backs managed to find their feet. Erik ignored them all and strode purposefully to the heavy oak door at the top of a short flight of steps on the left side of their prison, which appeared to be some kind of cellar. With one large hand brushing back his pale hair the Norscan’s gaze was fixed for a moment on the heavy lock, and then scanned the door-frame. It seemed all too sturdy.

‘I can get it open.’ one of the other captives volunteered.

More screams filtered down from above as the northerner turned to regard the man who had made this claim. He was wrapped in a heavy cloak of ragged un-dyed wool, mud-stained and torn about the hem, but from what could be seen of him the man’s appearance was shockingly cadaverous. Erik leapt over the side of the staircase to land heavily on the stone-tiled floor, and strode over to the bound figure. The others continued to beseech him for assistance but one of them at least had worked his wrists free, and had set about helping his fellow prisoners.

‘Ready?’ Erik grasped the chains, one in each hand, and planted his boot on the wall between the anchor plates.

The cadaverous figure flinched visible as iron plates were torn free with a rattling snap.

‘Go.’ the tall Northerner grunted even as he yanked the slightly-built man to his feet.

‘Wait,’ he said, while pulling free of Erik’s hand and gestured for him to stop, 'We should free the others first, we may need their help.'

Erik growled something about not needing their help, but seeing the man he had freed was now busying himself untying the ropes binding one of his fellows, and having nothing better to do he walked to one of the other chained figures and tore his fetters free of the wall as well. By the time he had freed the second chained prisoner the others were largely untied. Although two of them remained behind to help the last bound captives Erik now hurried the emaciated mutant along.

‘Now.’ he spoke tersely, following as he urged the figure across the cellar and up the stairs.

The cadaverous young man halted in front of the door, crouching over, and paused was still for a time, as though concentrating. Then with an unpleasant retching sound he proceeded to vomit over the lock. Erik leaned away, and raised an arm against the reek, but the fluid seemed unnaturally corrosive. It hissed as it ate into the iron lock and even the wood steamed under the bubbling bile. Seeing this Erik thrust the crouching figure aside and wrenched open the door, striding out of the cellar with a number of the former prisoners following in his wake. Some moved with a cringing reticence, skulking along the walls, while others seemed ready to confront whoever had imprisoned them. They were given the chance right away as the room at the top of the stairs, with its high vaulted ceiling and polished floor-boards, was empty but for a narrow table stacked with personal effects and two hooded figures slumped, seemingly unconscious, in chairs set either side of a door on the far side of the room. They had presumably been guarding the cellar, but evidently they had taken this charge lightly. A feint smoke hung in the air along with a narcotic fume, the smell of mandrake, and one of them had dropped a smouldering pipe from a limply-hanging arm as he slouched unconsciously.

The erstwhile prisoners set upon them in an instant even as the two guards tried to rouse themselves. Erik ignored the affray and made straight for the table. He did not turn aside over the cry as one of the mutants seized a dagger from the sheath at his victims waist and plunged it into his chest, or the gurgling death-rattle as the second guard had his throat cut. He was too busy rifling through the personal effects upon the table. Upon it he found a thick, hooded white fur mantle which he seized immediately, and pulled on over his broad shoulders, but this was evidently not the only thing he had been relieved of and his frustrated gaze swept the table again before he angrily hauled it over. Its contents clattered noisily to the floor as the northerner stormed over to the door blocking his exit. The tall Norscan reared back and kicked it off its hinges with a contemptuous snarl before he stepped through and found himself standing in an expansive foyer. Its size and décor suggestive of a noble manor-home, yet curiously deserted but for the sound of chanting voices coming from upstairs.

A piercing scream rose above the sonorous chant, and faltered with an unpleasant gurgling.

An affray ensued almost immediately about the large double-doors which led outside. Trying to flee, some of the former captives had run up against two guards. Sober and able men clad in the livery of some Reikland noble. They drove the escapees back inside, and left one bleeding to death on the steps outside the door, but within the open space of the expansive foyer they were easily surrounded. As three mutants wrestled one of them to the floor Erik seized the wrist of the other before he could bring his sword down on another of the escapees. He snatched a knife from the man’s own belt in the same instant, and savagely jammed it into the back of the guards neck. Taking his sword as the guard slumped to his knees and fell, face-first, like a hewn tree to lie amid a widening puddle of his own blood Erik watched as the second guard fell, stabbed repeatedly.

The other captives seemed uncertain of where to go next. Some spoke, trying to formulate a plan, while others took in their surroundings in an effort to find their bearings. Erik ignored them and headed upstairs toward the source of the chanting. No more screams could be heard from above as he alighted at the top of the broad staircase and it was clear now where the sound was coming from however two figures stood in front of the ornate double doors that hid its source. They were cloaked and hooded like the two downstairs, but seemed quite sober and it was only when they came closer, drawing daggers from their belts that he recognised the face of the serving girl from the night before. This did not stop him cutting them down though and Erik was soon stepping over her corpse with its neck almost cleaved through. Her white-faced companion clutching at the bleeding stump where his arm had been sheared off below the shoulder, while Erik paused only to glance at the bloodied edge of the sword he had taken from the guard downstairs. As he reached the door they had been guarding however the one-armed figure, rolling his its stomach, grasped desperately at his ankle.

‘No-’ he drew a laboured, shuddering breath. ‘the ritual, it can’t-’ with an almost casual gesture Erik silenced him, jabbing the tip of his blade into the back of the prone man’s neck.

The_Sign_of_the_Old_Dark_%28Sword_Ode%29.png

Tearing himself free of the dead man’s grasping hand Erik pushed the large double doors apart to form a crack through which he saw that the dimly lit space beyond was given over to a long, narrow high-ceilinged room on whose walls were shelved a vast collection of books and manuscripts. Such details drew scant attention however compared to what was occurring inside: the walls lined with robed and hooded figures, while a dozen more formed a circle of twelve. Six blue robed and hooded acolytes on one side and six with purple robes on the other; the source of the chanting. All somewhat indistinct in the flickering rosier glow of firelight burning in the bronze bowls set between them. The floor at their feet was traced with an intricate magical circle formed of complex signs and sigils, and painted in blood. While the heaped bodies of a half-dozen mutants lying in a tangled, bloody mess within this circle - their nakedness revealing their every deformity - suggested its source. The true focus and centrepiece of this gathering though was a cloth-draped alter where an unconscious, pale-skinned female figure lay amid a ring of black candles that lined the alters edges, her body draped with fine silks. At its base was a larger brazier of bronze, and even as Erik came upon the scene a cloaked figure lifted a branding-iron from the flames - one of thirteen - and handed it to the elaborately garbed magus standing behind the alter itself. His face concealed behind a featureless silver mask polished to a mirror shine.

Njawrr lzimbarr Tzeentch!’ he cried, holding the branding iron above his head.

Njawrr lzimbarr Tzeentch!’ the figures lining the walls answered, while the circle continued their chanting.

Njawrr lzimbarr Slaanesh!’ the Magus continued.

Erik noticed that set upon the alter beside the woman alongside thirteen silver chalices was a long, two-handed sword. His eyes lit up with recognition, and his jaw set like a trap.

‘That sword is mine.’ the Norscan stated coldly as he strode into the room, and though he did not speak loudly his deep voice carried far.

The chanting faltered briefly before the acolyte who had handed their magus the brand gestured frantically at the others.

‘Do not halt the ritual!’ he demanded. 'Kill him-' the figure thrust a hand in Erik's direction, 'the circle must not be broken!'

The magus meanwhile turned the branding iron over in his hands and pressed its tip to the unconscious young woman’s forearm with an audible hiss. Her skin already sported eleven such brands. If he even realized that Erik was there he did not care. However the cultists who were not participating did notice, and crowded towards him. Too many to fight.

Hakkaa päälle!’ the roared Skealing war-cry echoed loudly in the narrow library as Erik cut down an approaching cultist.

He was made for the circle, since that was what they were trying to prevent, and was too close for the others to intercept him. Cutting down one of the chanting acolytes in purple robes, and kicking over the brazier beside him Erik charged into the circle itself. An unnaturally cold wind blew out of nowhere and the braziers flickered as though about to die, while the candles burning on the alter flared into columns of blinding incandescence that were gone in an instant, leaving behind pools of boiling wax. One of the acolytes nearest to Erik collapsed, and bit off his own tongue as his body was wracked by spasms that snapped his spine. Others fell to their knees bleeding from their eyes, or vomiting blood as the burning contents of the braziers burst in a massive shower of sparks one after the other to set the room ablaze. Erik strode through this chaos as though traversing the eye of some terrible storm, and made for the alter. Behind it the Magus had reeled backwards as though struck, but raising his hand defiantly he seemed to rally himself. A voice spoke from behind the silver mask, but it spoke no mortal tongue and the words echoed strangely as he placed a hand on the hilt of Erik’s sword. The pale-haired Skealing growled at this and broke into a run, but even as he reached the alter the magus vanished in a blinding flash. The sword was gone.

Screaming a wordless, rage-filled imprecation Erik turned, ready to fight, but the room was ablaze, and the air was thickening with smoke as the rapidly spreading flames climbed the walls, consuming their books-lined shelves. Of the cultists - abandoned now by their magus - those who had not been engulfed in some way by the broken ritual had either fled or were fleeing. Erik started after the nearest, sword in hand, but halted before his first step had been taken to glance back at the unconscious woman lying on the alter. She would certainly burn if he left her. On the other hand it seemed to Erik his best chance to retrieve his sword would be in catching one of the cultists and for a moment he stood near the alter as though uncertain of what to do. Then he looked at her again and noticed the runes branded onto the skin of her upper arm, and he wondered if she might be of any assistance. After all she could have been a member of the cult herself and if not there was a chance they might try to recapture her. He did not dwell on it further though as the room was quickly filling with smoke, and Erik swept her up off the alter quickly, one arm under her back and the other under her knees, while he rather awkwardly kept hold of the sword he had taken earlier.

The tall Norscan was soon pounding down the stairs, his icey blue eyes bloodshot from the smoke-filled air as he fled the burning manor. Outside, beyond the large double doors, he found himself in an empty, walled courtyard whose wrought iron gates had been thrown open. He noticed a couch house and made straight for it. Inside the coach itself was gone but one of the four stables was not empty.

Outside, beyond the imposing wall surrounding it, there were a number of wealthy looking onlookers staring at the burning manor, while others gossiped and commented on the outlandish figures they had seen fleeing it. The street itself was paved and lined by other large manors and town-houses. It seemed to be a wealthy district. The sun was setting but the street lamps were unlit, and shadows obscured a group of watchmen who were jogging down the broad street towards the source of the disturbance, but before they arrived a horse shot out through the open wrought iron gate. Erik was riding it, and held the girl in the saddle in front of him as he gripped the reigns and spurred the animal on, racing down the street. The district was unfamiliar to him but he assumed it was part of the city of Bergsberg where he and the axe company had halted to spend their coin after being paid to hunt Beastmen in the Drakwald. He made for the nearest gate.

Erik looked up at the setting sun and urged his stolen mount on faster, its iron-shod hooves clattering loudly on the stone-paved streets as he raced through the city, holding the unconscious young woman between his arms. The cities gates would close when the lamplighters started to do their rounds, and that would not be far off now, but first the fleeing mercenary had to make a decision about his heading. While he, and some of his fellows had retired to Bergsberg to spend their profits at least half of their company had continued north towards the villages of Wannsingen and Hovelhoff to take on work killing trolls in the foothills of the middle mountains, but he was on the wrong side of the river to head after them. As he raced towards one of the main thoroughfares of the city Erik had to either turn left and cross the river, to take the north-east gate, and seek out his comrades in arms or turn right, taking the north west gate, and make for the Old Forest road, and - perhaps eventually - the city of Middenheim. In the end his pride won out, and the Skaeling sell-sword resolved to head away from his comrades. He would not return to them without his sword, let alone ask them for help. That was the road to failure and mockery.

So Erik urged his mount to the right as they charged out onto the wider cobbled street which led to the Löwentor, Bergsberg’s lion-gate, and he was soon guiding the stolen horse along at speed while swerving and veering through the coaches, carts and foot traffic that would otherwise have slowed their progress intolerably. One thing was certain. Erik would not willingly spend another night in Bergsberg. It had not escaped his attention that all of the cults captives had appeared to be mutants, and it suggested that they knew he was too, despite it not being readily obvious. Were that so then if they wished revenge for his part in the failed ritual they would not even need to hunt him down themselves. A few carefully chosen remarks about corruption in a foreign mercenary company staying in the city would have the raving fanatics of Sigmar after them all. The tall Skealing stood up in his stirrups in an attempt to see the gate as they followed the road up a noticeable incline, but it was as yet too far, the hill between them too steep. Though past the cities walls, to the north, he noted dark clouds brooding over the Middle Mountains. Settling back into the saddle he felt a small hand grasp his forearm and knew the girl was awake, but for the time being he was content to focus on riding so long as she said nothing.

It did not take long for them to crest the hill, and as the road sloped back down before them it presented an unobstructed view of the city gates. Though they were wide-open the twinkle and flash of storm lanterns carried by the night-guards on the walls above suggested they would not long remain that way. Erik shook his head, and his long hair streamed behind him in the wind of their speed as he urged the mount to a flat-out gallop and raced down the hill. His pale blue eyes flickered downward when the girl let down her grey-streaked hair as he noticed the elaborate piece of jewellery she had just removed. The sum of Erik’s worldly assets had been his sword, his armour, and a purse of silver - the remains of the coin he had earned fighting beastmen in the Drakwald - and all of it was now gone. Taken by the cult, though the horse he had stolen redressed this somewhat. Yet even as he wondered whether the object belonged to her, and if so why it hadn’t been taken his attention shifted back to the girl herself when she leaned into his forearm to glance back at him. Erik met her dark-eyed gaze and saw no trace of fear. Which was curious, but he did not think on it long as his attention soon shifted to the road ahead. The way ahead was clear.

The guards, more interested in traffic heading into the city than anyone trying to leave, were unaware of them until it was too late. As they streaked through the open gate, and the girl sang in a language he did not recognize both her voice, and the tune were spoiled somewhat by the sound of shouting behind them and orders for them to stop, but Erik did not look back. Beyond the city the road was no longer paved but formed of cleared and beaten earth and it plunged almost immediately into thick forest, the likes of which covered so much of the Empire. They followed it, and as they drew further from the city he seemed content for the horse to find its own pace as it carried them under the shadows of the trees. They had not gone far when his passenger demanded to know where they were going, and Erik reigned in the horse after he glanced back and felt satisfied they were not being pursued.

‘Erik.’ he cut back as the animal’s pace slowed, ‘of Olricsaad-Heorot, and I am Skaeling. I wished to be out of the city before the gates closed, but as for where we travel, for the time being, anywhere but there will do.’

The horse slowed to a walk, and turned as if to cross the road as Erik glanced around. The trees were not so dense here in the eaves of the forest and it was no doubt safer to halt here than to risk doing so later.

‘What do you remember of the cult, the ritual?’ he asked, ‘I know nothing, but I woke in their cellar with others. I think we were to be sacrifices. We escaped, but they had taken something of mine and I went back for it. Their ritual went badly wrong, many of them died. The place was burning, so I took you out.’

Erik leaned forward slightly as he spoke, his broad chest pressing into the girl’s back, to peer over one of her slender shoulders and get a better look at her when it struck him that she was no mere girl. He also noticed the gem hanging from her neck.

‘Satisfied?’ he asked of his terse explanation.

Holding the reins with one hand as the horse walked slowly, giving her a chance to respond, the Skaeling mercenary brushed back his long hair, while his gelid eyes were fixed ahead of them. He had travelled the Old Forest road, and the way to Middenheim before. Indeed Erik knew the city itself well. The City of the White Wolf, of Ulric, and site of the winter God’s highest temple. Of all the deities worshiped in the Empire he was the only one who did not seem strange to Erik, and, in the guise of Ulric Bloodhand, he was the only one worshiped in Norsca. Erik had come to the Ulricsberg, and Middenheim from Marianburg where he had worked as a bodyguard after leaving Olricsaad-Heorot on the southern coast of Norsca. It was in that great northern city where he had joined the axe company, a group of Norscan expatriates working as mercenaries. He had taken this same road when they had come to Hochland and Bergsberg from the north. At that time there had been a coaching inn not far from the city where coaches halted for the night if they arrived after the cities gates had closed.

The focus of this game is story-telling and adventure. Although it can include romantic or erotic scenes these should not get in the way of the plot. The essential conflict centres around our characters being hunted by a powerful, nefarious organisation. It should include plenty of action, tension and even a little horror. We can discuss the exact in-game effect the ritual brands have on your character, but some possibilities might include an ability to hear the daemon’s voice and converse with it, a heightened sensitivity to magic, interacting with the daemon in her dreams, and more or indeed less - including anything you wish to suggest. As for the leading lady herself, and the reason the daemon finds her suitable there are numerous possibilities. She could be a spell-caster, possess a mutation, or be the heir of a powerful noble. She might belong to a more magically attuned race, have a familial connection to another daemonic host, or her family themselves may have promised her to the daemon for an assortment of reasons. Other possibilities exist, and I’d love to hear any suggestions you have as well.

Back
Top Bottom