Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

|Laurel| Crossed Paths |Mystery|

Hot and sticky.... That's all Lancer could describe the night as he pulled a sweat soaked shirt from his torso. Moist skin glistened under the heavy light of a new moon just over its horizon. He couldn't help a breath of contentment. "finally..." he breathed as the realization of his life echoed to the forefront of his mind.

"I am free....well for now at least."

Lancer had been running from his father's status for quite some time. The crime of debt stuck to his family for as long as he could remember. Unlike most people, his father didn't have enough sense to quit gambling and instead sold him off when he was only 15. For years, Lancer had been running or attempting to. Now, he was finally somewhat free. With a change of looks and a different location surely it would take those assholes a while to find him. However, when you had money and the resources to back you up anything was possible. Truthfully, only time would tell when they would show up at his doorstep.

"Well, the least I can do is enjoy the scenery." Ten stories high, the hustle and bustle of nightlife echoed all around him. The smell of distant oceans wafted among the fumes of cars and heavy machinery. The city of Eos was far bigger than his hometown. It was home to hundreds of thousands people... probably millions. Located at the bottom of the region it was the border into the next area making it the prime spot for tourism, crime, and immigrants.

His building was 15 floors high with every apartment on his side of the building privileged to have a its own balcony. The ones beside one another were separated by a four foot gap which you could jump if you was desperate enough. With a cigarette between soft lips, he marveled at the sky.

Lancer originally had blonde hair but now he dawned dark brown. His bangs were cut in a way to obscure his left eye and the rest of his hair cascaded down the center of his back in a neat plait. His back was loitered with old scars that obscured a large black dragon upon his back. It was a sign that the Vitaly family owned him and that he was their property. He was slender in appearance but, his body was toned indicating he was in some sort of shape.

Tossing a half smoked cigarette over the balcony he moved to return inside. To his surprise however, when he went to enter his home the door was locked. He sighed heavily... Having been on the run for most of his life he had the habit of locking doors behind him no matter where he was. It was handy when in a pinch but right now it was rather annoying. Glancing over to the apartment beside his he noticed a light on in the living area. Great.... Hopefully his neighbor would be nice enough to let him inside.

The 4 foot gap was nothing for the brunette to scale. Within minutes he was over his balcony and onto the other without so much as a sound. He'd hopped greater jumps in the past but, was still pleased with himself that he made the leap without any mishaps. If he had fallen he would have surely died. 15 floors... Yea, he definitely wouldn't have survived to fall. Without hesitance, Lancer knocked on the glass doors to his neighbor's balcony hoping they would hear him.

Last edited:
Inside a simple apartment, a large muscled man with red hair and beard sitting in his chair next to a electric fireplace reading his book with the only sound of a ticking clock in the background. With his size and height, he looked like the kind of guy you didn't want to mess with on a bad day. However he soon got distracted by a slight tapping on the glass screen door. Getting up from his chair, he walked over to see who was getting his attention as he was half dressed with a tank top and simple slacks as he was sort of prepared to go to bed soon.

He walked over to the screen door opening to find a simple man standing there assuming he must of doing a prank for his friends as he wasn't too keen of having unexpected visitors this late night. "I don't know who you are now but better tell me why you are here." He said this unexpected visitor as his old ways from his former career was still in him despite he was retired from it a year ago. However he wasn't afraid of what this frail person could do to him as he could stop him with just one punch around than using a knife or gun on him and not wanting to make a mess in his home.

"Sorry to bother you but, I kinda locked myself out of my apartment. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind letting me through yours so that I may return to mine." His voice was nonchalantly sweet, as he shrugged at how hopeless he was. He didn't always speak so proper but, first impressions were everything. If he seemed like nothing but a common thug, the larfer male would definitely shrug him off without much concern. "I live next door..." he said pointing towards the balcony he'd hopped. Lancer didn't find the other very intimidating. He had been on the run for so long nothing scared him more than the thought of returning to the Vitaly family. However, the other seemed on guard--which was reasonable so he took a couple of steps back ready to get out of dodge if things turned south. "ah..my name is Lancer...by the way." his voice trailed off in a bit of embarrassment as he stuck his hand out to shake.

His name.. it almost sounded unfamiliar as he hadn't used it in quite some time. The redhead didn't appear to be from the Vitaly family as far as he could tell. They usually bore their crest on their left arm.

Back
Top Bottom