Anjeru's hangout~

*gives her a slice*

Yeah, I figured it was. Was just hoping for a brief explination. Of course if it's too hard, just ignore me. ^^;

Easiest way to put it: think of it like a slot machine. I need 3 of the same picture. Each picture also gets a number.
In order to level up, I have to get 3 of the same picture and 3 7's.

*blinks* That's... so stupid. -_-; *huggles more* You need the huggles with this system.

It is a little stupid, also because the Limit Breaks/Summons are activated in a similar way.

The game is still one of my favorites though.
*huggles*
I have 60 hours invested on my file and am still only level 64. My mission-completion percentage is at 65%, and all the missions I've not done are labeled very hard, so sometimes they kick my ass royally.
I need to level, damnit.
Just am not very lucky.

Let me guess... you are a completionist and you enjoy a challenge of a game. When you play DDR (I think I saw you and Zal talking about it yesterday) you go for combos and high letter ranks, instead of showing off, like freestyling?

<.<;;
How did you know?

And I'm not well-balanced, there's no way in hell I could freestyle on DDR.
Though I have pulled off a few basic stunts.

Because you're just like I am. When I played 3-4 times a week along with multi-hour long sessions on the weekends I would play the exact same way (In the Navy '99 (XXL Diaster Remix) by Captain Jack from 3rd Mix soundtrack is on my iPod right now as proof of my love of DDR ^^). Two of my good friends are freestylers, and while I can understand the appeal (it can look really really good), I prefer to push myself as hard as I can and go for the highest achievements. The style difference shows in other games... like Rock Band. I'll play the drums, going for the big challenges (find a video of The Perfect Drug on drums for Rock Band on YouTube), while they either play Bass (least challenging of the different key based instruments normally) or Vocals, where they can show off and dance around instead of needing to pay attention to every last detail.

*hugs*

Left this out (got distracted by naming the song on my iPod), but when I stopped playing as much (never found another DDR machine close by...), I was in the 8 or 9 footers regularly. Maybe not AAing them, but I would average a B or an A on them and occasionally full combo them.

Haha, I'm exactly the same way. Last I played DDR, I could still pull off 8 step songs with an average of B's, sometimes A's. With Rockband and Guitar Hero, I play the guitar most of the time. My tv is at the foot of my bed in my entertainment center, on the left side there's my closet and dvd bookshelf, on the right is my manga bookshelf and Alyx's crib. There's enough space to get out and move around, but not enough room to set up the drums for the game in the line of vision for the tv.

I only play the drums if we play in the livingroom or I'm at someone else's house.
Vocals...eh, don't touch often because I have the firm belief that my singing sucks.
XD

*hugs*

The guitar comes in a close second for challenge compared to the drums, the only part that makes the drums a bit more difficult is the foot pedal. Otherwise the challenge is the same. It's that joy and thrill of overcoming dozens of notes. :-D You know exactly where I'm coming from on this. ^_~

And vocals... um... *attempts to sing* o/~ *glass shatters* Uh... yeah. XD

But we're birds of a feather for gaming! <3

Woo! Triple post!

Anyway, I have to go. *gives hugs to Anj and Zal* See you two tomorrow! ^^/

Mmm.... Grilled Cheese... o.o <3
Also, my DDR pad keeps popping. I think I need a new one. o_O;

Back
Top Bottom