Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[WB] Survey questions to help me develop my world

Assume that an average of one paranormal event happens in the United States each day. There is a telephone hotline for reporting such events. Roughly how many calls would that hotline receive each day?

ETA: Assume that 100 people witness the actual event and/or its direct consequences.

I would think it would depend on the sort of event. With only one event a day it would really vary based on how many witnessed it, how big was, etc.

I would say around 30 to 40 % of the people who saw it/witnessed it would call in.

Dozens more would also probably call that number either to troll or to report made-up events that they'd 'witnessed' while drunk or high or because they're crazy or seek fame.

How accepted is the "Paranormal" in this world? If it is accepted as being real than you could imagine almost all the 100 people who witnessed it reporting the incident. If it isn't than the number would be much lower. Given there is a hotline you would think that the authorities would be at least somewhat accepting that these events really are happening.

Also how long has the hotline existed, is it trusted, do they take details, trace calls etc. It all comes into play in the end.

Back
Top Bottom