Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dinner and a Pet (LustfulSins&Mutt)

Duncan would never admit it, but this was the most peaceful and restful sleep he'd had in years. He was happy to find himself alone in the bed. He briefly considered rolling over and going back to sleep, but his grumbling stomach was not having any of it. With a groan, he sat up and went to the bathroom to relieve himself and to wash his face. He spent an extra minute or two just running his hands through his hair, marveling at how soft it had gotten from just the one wash. He really ought to cut it, though, it was getting way too long. He took off his old clothes, discarding them in the corner of the room as he was unsure of what to do with them. Putting on the new clothes, he noticed the note on the door. Taking a deep breath he left the room and headed down to the room the smell of food was coming from.

He sat down at the table before glancing about the small feast in front of him. His stomach growled in protest of his procrastination but he didn't really trust anything the vampire had touched. With a grunt he reached for one of the slices of toast, nibbling on the edge just to be sure.

Sinclair smiles when Duncan comes into the kitchen. The clothing picked for him hangs off the skinny man's frame, making them seem huge on him. But Duncan looks much better already, having gotten a good night's sleep. Probably for the first time in a while. That smile changes to a smirk when the vampire sees Duncan's hesitancy.

He walks around the table to stand behind Duncan, threading his fingers through the man's long red hair as he slowly pulls it from the braid. "Eat, Duncan. It isn't poisoned. I need you healthy, not sick. Sick blood affects vampires that drink it just as much as the person that blood comes from." Sinclair lets this info slip willingly. To feed from a poisoned person is to poison oneself, so vampires are always cautious to keep their pets in peak health. More than once, there have been reports of rivals poisoning pets, then among them up on steroids to hide the poisoned effect, so the pet's owner would still feed from them and be poisoned themselves.

Duncan couldn't stop himself from choking on the next piece of bread at the vampires' words. Coughing, he dropped the slice on his plate before turning to face the vampire standing behind him. He bared his teeth in anger, wishing his teeth were sharp enough to do any amount of damage, though the vampire would more likely laugh in his face than fear any kind of attack. The collar around his throat felt all the more restricting, an ever-present reminder of the gravity of his situation.

"I won't eat a damn thing! I'd rather starve than be your perfect snack!" He snarled, pushing himself out of the chair, away from Sinclair and the table.

Sinclair sighs at Duncan's outburst. He had thought giving the man more information would put him at ease, but that's clearly not the case. So he switches tactics, folding his arms over his chest. "You want to go back to your family, yes? Yet, I will not allow that in your current condition. So here's the deal. You get healthy, and you'll get to see your family sooner. Also, I would rather not have to Compel you to eat. Either you eat of your own free will, or you eat under Compulsion."

Compulsion is the vampire's hypnotic command, activated with eye contact and a change of voice, and maintained with the vampire's proximity. It's so very rare that someone is immune to Compulsion, nearly unheard of, that it's generally enough of a threat to get pets to behave. However, despite being so rare, there are a handful of known pets immune to it.

Gritting his teeth, Duncan weighed his options. He'd only be allowed to see his pack under the conditions he'd be a semi-willing walking dinner and that his pack members get some sort of mark. He was unsure if he wanted that fate for them, afraid to make an answer for them, and if he wanted to reveal their secure location in case he could escape. There was also the issue of being paraded around like a prized animal. His eyes briefly glanced at the window nearest to him, the thought of breaking it and making a run for it was slightly appealing but he didn't want to test the needles in the collar. He didn't know what he'd be waking up to.

Taking in a deep breath, Duncan met Sinclair in the eyes, his mouth in a hard line. "No."

Sinclair clenches his jaw. He hates using Compulsion, but Duncan needs to eat, and Sinclair is not in the mood for a waiting game. His crimson eyes glow brightly, and there's a rumble in his suddenly much deeper voice. "Duncan. You will sit down and eat the food I've given you." Generally, Compulsion makes the target's mind focus only on the command given, and it often feels like a numbness.

Sinclair waits for Duncan to do as he's told, folding his arms over his chest. He's never had a pet that can resist Compulsion before, so he's fully expecting the werewolf to obey.

Duncan was just about to jump, not willing to wait much longer for the vampire to make his move. When Sinclair's eyes glowed he tried to turn his gaze away, but he felt locked looking at the piercing glow. His voice didn't sound like it came in from his ears but it felt like it resonated from deep within his being. He could feel a cloud go over his being like he was falling asleep but still awake. He fought against the fog trying to disobey the order that repeated and twirled around in his head but his legs carried him regardless of any internal commands.

He couldn't speak as he sat down in his previously empty chair and sat picking up his utensils, eating the food in front of him almost robotically.

Sinclair sighs again, relaxing. Once a Compulsion command is given, focus is no longer needed. The target would simply carry out the command to completion. The vampire walks over to stand behind Duncan, fingers taking out the braid he had made in the man's hair the night before. "I do apologize, Duncan. But you need energy to regain your health. And food to regain your energy. You made me do this. If you simply be a good boy and obey, I wouldn't have to Compel you."

While Duncan eats, Sinclair uses his fingers to comb through the man's hair. Then he braids it again, as it seems the best way to keep it contained and prevent tangling. Sinclair presses his lips to the top of Duncan's head. When you're done eating, you may explore the house as you wish. There's books if you want to read, the TV if you prefer that. Or you can visit me in the study. I'll be there for a couple hours if you're looking for me. Don't try to leave the house." Sinclair steps away, leaving Duncan to eat alone.

Duncan kept eating, his thoughts muddy and incoherent sentences that even he couldn't understand. The food was tasteless in his mouth, everything tasting bland and almost textureless. He could feel his hair being played with but he couldn't get a positive or negative thought about it. He could hear the vampires' words clearly as if he had an earpiece in. He'd have something to say about that later. Though he may be a wolf he abhorred being treated like a common house dog. There would be no way that kind of attitude would continue if he had his say.

The second-order sounded less deafening in his head as the food was just about finished on his plate. He could think a lot clearer now and his limbs began to obey his commands. He listened to the footsteps retreating farther into the house. He set his silverware on this plate and sat in the chair just a bit longer, contemplating what he wanted to do. He still felt tired but he didn't want to return to sleep for a while. He would've liked to at least sit outside but he was afraid of the collar getting set off. He would have to face the vampire again, as he had some words to spew, but he couldn't stomach that for a while.

With a sigh, he pushed away from the table before setting off to find the television. It had been a while since he'd be able to enjoy watching it. Reclining, he picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels to find something interesting to watch.

Sinclair is settled upstairs in the study by the time he hears the TV turn on. With a small shake of his head, still wishing Compulsion hadn't been necessary, he turns on his laptop and works on going through his emails. This takes roughly half an hour. Next, he uses his backdoor login to his company's network. Sinclair's company, Blackburn Industries, isn't huge, but it's enough to be well known. It had been rebranded six months ago in honor of Sinclair's late business partner Jonah Blackburn, who was killed by a pack of raging panther shifters who had somehow managed to infiltrate the city. Jonah had been one of the vampires to offer his assistance in taking out the panther shifters.

Blackburn Industries specializes in the type of pet collars Duncan is wearing. Made to render the wearer unconscious, rather than inflicting pain until the pet learns not to cross the boundaries. Most vampires still opt for collars that use powerful electric shocks to punish pets for going out of bounds, so the company that makes those is bigger than Blackburn Industries. But many vampires share Sinclair's views that pets deserve the opportunity to earn their Master's trust.

It took nearly an hour for Duncan to give up on the tv, as most of the programs were no longer pre-fall and mostly catered to vampires. He grew disgusted at listening to the news, sneering as the broadcasters complained and warned its "citizens" about rogue werewolves in the area and "feral" humans that were starting to infest buildings and living in their attics. It was almost amusing, in a way, they worded it as if everyone else was a nuisance and not the vampires themselves.

Deciding it was time to take it up to the vampire, he got up from the couch and began to go exploring for the study.

The study is on the second floor, door open as an invitation for Funcan to come in. It almost looks like a home office, but it's far more cozy. Not huge, with a large central desk set up with a tower computer and comfortable leather chair, a bay window with a window seat behind the desk and looking out at the back yard. There's a lounge chaise in the corner against the wall shared by the door, a gas fireplace that's never been lit against the perpendicular wall. The opposite wall is full of bookshelves, filled with all sorts of books. Sinclair looks up from the computer as Duncan comes in.

Sinclair smiles, tapping a button on screen to mute his microphone. He's currently sitting in on a meeting regarding a new design of collar, but he's happy to let his design team talk. There's a small Bluetooth earbud in his left ear so that he can the meeting, but Duncan wouldn't be able to. "Duncan, come in. Did you get bored with the TV? You're welcome to read any of the books here. Surely there's something to suit your fancy. Or are you looking for me?"

Duncan was in mid-motion to knock on the door, but the vampire's words caused him to simply open the closed door instead. He ignored Sinclair for a few minutes as he glanced around the room, taking in its simple but rather inviting decoration. He might check out the book titles later, hoping the literature wasn't vampire-centered. He couldn't help but stare a tiny bit too long at the computer sitting on the desk, it seemed like a lifetime ago that he was casually browsing the internet to stave off boredom. He glanced briefly out the window, but his eyes didn't linger long, as it only brought longing and a tinge of sadness.

He finally fixed his eyes upon the vampire, staring at his face but avoiding his eyes. "You." He stated blandly, his anxiety starting to spike as he was unsure if he wanted to go on with his intended plan. He hadn't seen any kind of anger, but he did not want to end up in another compulsion. That had to stop. He squared his shoulders and steeled his reserve. "Don't you ever use those...vampire powers on me again." He almost felt like a puppet, his strings being moved by something invisible while his mind was in an unwelcomed fog. "I won't be your blood bag, either. You may force me here, but I know you vampires have some kind of blood center, you go there, not here." Duncan had something else he wanted to say, but his anxiety had peaked and he didn't want to say more.

He could already feel a nervous tick starting as his hands moved to the collar around his throat, toying with the material.

Sinclair places his elbows on the desk, folds his hands together, and sets his chin on them. He listens to Duncan speak, saying nothing. He can see the man getting more and more anxious. But he says nothing until Duncan has finished.

"Are you done?" When Duncan says nothing else, Sinclair taps his keyboard to exit the meeting. His staff is never worried whenever he abruptly leaves, he trusts them to figure things out. Standing, Sinclair moves around the desk and crosses the room. One hand closes the door, the other hand lifts to grip Duncan's braided hair at the base of his skull.

"I'll make you a deal." Sinclair pulls Duncan's hair, using it to back him up against the wall. He also steps in close, their chests barely an inch apart. "Don't fight me on matters concerning your health, and I won't use Compulsion in you. Also, I don't like having to feed on someone that has had twenty plus pairs of fangs in their skin. However, until you're healthy, I will make do." Sinclair pauses, tilting his head. "Which brings us back to my first point. Behave where your health is concerned, and I won't Compel you. Do I make myself clear?"

Duncan's eyes followed the vampire as he pressed something on his keyboard and stood up. He could feel his heart beating faster as the door shut and he couldn't help the yelp as his hair was gripped and pulled backward. His fear spiked as his back hit the wall and the vampire so close to his face. He wanted to run. He wanted to hide. But with no other choice, he did his best to wrangle in his emotions.

He figured one point of the deal was fine, he couldn't fight or escape if he was malnourished but he would not budge on being used as a living snack. Letting out a ragged breath he looked at the vampire in the eyses. "I won't fight you on matters that concern my wellbeing. However..." He paused, taking in another breath. "I will fight you if you try to stick your fangs in me again. I will not be dinner."

Sinclair listens, narrowing his eyes. At least Duncan has agreed to let him care for his health. But saying he will fight being fed from does not make Sinclair the least bit happy. His hand tightens in Duncan's hair. "We shall see."

Sinclair releases Duncan's hair a heartbeat later, walking back to his computer. He signs out of his company's back door, then out of the computer itself. Then he moves to the door and pulls it open. He pauses briefly, glancing at Duncan, then steps out.

Halfway down the stairs, Sinclair stops again. He half turns, looking back up toward the werewolf. "What was something you enjoyed doing to pass the time? Before things changed."

Duncan stood still after his hair was released and the vampire moved away from him. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back against the wall, willing his pulse to go back to a normal pace. He kept his eyes closed as he listened to the vampire move about the room and the door open. He was relieved when Sinclair left the room without further incident and the wolf was able to open his eyes once again. He needed to get out of here, his heart was young but it couldn't take much more spiking. He was a predator and not prey.

He gave a startled look at the vampire, his eyebrows raising. Why did it matter? Blowing out a breath, he left the office and closed the door behind him, standing at the top of the stairs and looking down. "I spent more time as a wolf than as a human. Those who are born wolves don't typically prefer to remain in human skin for very long." He paused, tilting his head. "I had an interest in gadgets when I spent long periods in the city." It wouldn't hurt to share some of himself. "I don't suppose you'll let me spend a majority of my time as a wolf, huh?"

Sinclair hums, nodding. Then he smiles when asked about Duncan spending time as a wolf. "Not until I can trust you, Duncan." Sinclair turns and moves the rest of the way down the stairs. He pauses at the hall table, picking up his wallet and keys.

"I'm going out for a while. Remember, stay in the house unless you want me to find you unconscious on the lawn." Sinclair turns and promptly leaves the house, locking the door. There's a quiet veep as a security system is set. A moment later, a car can be heard pulling out of the garage.

Duncan said nothing as he watched the vampire leave. The talk about trust...there would be none between the two of them, he already knew. He'd fight every step of the way to gain his freedom. He was tempted to walk outside to test the collar's radius and see the potency of the tranquilizers inside of it. Fingering the collar again, he turned to look back at the unlocked office. Perhaps he could find a key or snoop around on the computer to see if he could glean any kind of new information. With a plan in mind, he turned back to the closed door and helped himself inside.

He took some time to browse the bookshelves, finding a few things he wouldn't mind reading later. He moved on to the desk, rummaging through the drawers to see if anything of importance lay in them. When all he came up with was blank stationery, he moved to turn on the computer and to sit in the seat. If this proved to show no information, he'd take a small walk outside.

The computer itself is not password protected, only the back door access to his company. None of the files stored on the computer are protected either. They range from things like photos, to documents, programs for games, and a shortcut to a rotating list of names of the pets kept at public feeding centers. One folder sits on the desktop apart from the others, labeled simply, Memories. Clicking into it would bring up multiple saved video recordings.

Most of the videos are of three brunet men, a blond woman, and a black haired woman. All are in good health, and all wear hand-woven leather cord collars, each with a different colored gemstone pendant. Different videos reveal the five of them to be werewolf shifters. In each video, they're happy, laughing, playing. Even dancing around in a backyard, or in a forest. Several of the videos even have the five of them playing like pups in wolf form. Almost every video, they're calling out to the person behind the camera, who just laughs, but rarely talks. What few words are said sound like Sinclair's voice.

One folder withing the Memories folder is labeled The End. In it, six videos are stored. Each one is of each individual shifter in their own separate rooms, coughing, crying, smoke obscuring the camera's vision. The angles hint at overhead security cameras. Each audio has some form of fearful goodbye to someone before the video cuts. The sixth video is silent, but looks out from the porch of a burning house to a white haired man on his knees with a pained expression and a silent scream.

Duncan watched. And he watched. And he watched.

Unable to look away from the various videos he found as he clicked through the various folders found on the desktop. He was conflicted, his emotions all over the place, unable to single one out. Anger at the fact his fellow weres were comfortable being warm dinner. His heart almost breaking at their deaths and of the vampires' suffering. Unhappy that he may have to make a decision for his family. They may be happy, sure, but they all still would be captives unsure if they'd have any kind of freedoms. Perhaps there would be rules, perhaps not. The collars were still an issue no matter how nice they looked or how soft that might feel upon the skin.

He pushed away from the desk, feeling number and confused. His mind blank, all he could think of was needing fresh air to clear his mind and to think. He opened the front door to took a step out on the front lawn only to feel a few pricks in his neck. He welcomed the darkness as his body fell limp just a few feet from the front door.

Sinclair arrives home a little more than half an hour after Duncan has stepped outside and beyond the boundary. He had visited the public feeding center, then gone shopping. First, for clothing that would fit Duncan better than his own does, then some fresh blankets and use pillows, for Duncan to make a nest of in the spare bedroom. Finally, he had gone and found various kits, some old metal and screw Mechano sets, some more advanced gadget sets, to keep Duncan occupied. As an after thought, he had purchased the latest gaming console.

When Sinclair pulls into the driveway and spots Duncan unconscious on the front lawn, he simply sighs. Leaving everything in the car, he gets out and walks over to pick up the prone werewolf. Back inside he takes him, upstairs to his bedroom to let Duncan sleep off the tranquilizer. He takes a moment to make sure the man is comfortable before returning downstairs to bring his purchases inside.

The clothing goes into the empty dresser drawer, which Sinclair makes a.point of labeling with Duncan's name. The gadget sets he piles on an empty shelf in the living room, and then he sets up the gaming console on the TV stand. Then Sinclair decides to occupy himself with work in the study. However, he finds the Memories folder open, and outs two and two together. He's not particularly happy that Duncan went through his treasured videos of his previous family of wolves, but he can't be angry with the redhead. It's his own fault for not putting a password on them. Rather than working, Sinclair spends the next while watching and reliving the happy days, tears in his eyes and on his cheeks, and sadness heavy in his unbeating heart.

When he woke up, he was aware of the softness underneath him and a thin sheet over his body. He couldn't quite remember what happened but the slight pain in his neck gave him an idea. He had a thoughtless "nap" the dark oblivion blocking his emotions for just a bit longer. He laid in the bed, unwilling and unwanting to move or get up. He couldn't digest the information, everything he knew about vampires was wrong. Well, only slightly. The fact that they were capable of feelings was something new to him, he always thought of them as selfish creatures who lived on their own and kept their own interests at heart. Duncan could believe that Sinclair saw himself as a savior, saving starving or near dead weres off the streets. Duncan may have been starving and awful skinny, but he didn't need or want saving.

Perhaps he should confront the vampire again to discuss all that he saw and all that had happened, but he couldn't bear to hear the words that he didn't want to hear. Instead, he curled up and buried himself in his bed. Wishing for the warmth and comfort of his pack.

Eventually, Sinclair pulls himself away from his computer, wiping his face with his hands. With a heavy sigh, he walks downstairs and sets to preparing a light meal for Duncan. Nothing fancy, some vegetables, cheese, and sliced meats on a plate. Them he wraps it cling wrap.amd returns it to the fridge.

Going back upstairs, Sinclair moves into the bedroom to find Duncan still curled up in the bed. He can tell the man isn't sleeping anymore by his breathing pattern. Sinclair stops by the bedside, setting his hand on Duncan's shoulder. "There's vegetables, meats, and cheese prepared for you in the fridge. You should eat."

Sinclair walks away then, into the ensuite bathroom. The shower can be heard, along with the whisper of clothing falling to the floor. Sinclair is showering to chase away the evidence of his tears. While a vampire's heart doesn't beat, many bodily functions still work just fine, such as tears and sexual fluids. Tears can also still create irritation and puffiness around the eyes, though the skin doesn't become reddened.

Even though Duncan agreed to place his health in the vampire's hands, he didn't budge when he was alerted to the fact that food waited below in the kitchen. He didn't feel like eating, his stomach still tied up in knots. He was unsure if it was from the tranquilizers or from the knowledge he just learned. Instead, he listened to the shower start and focused on calming himself, he felt another conversation needed to be had. He thinks he understood the vampire's intentions and Duncan didn't think he fill into his critea.

With a sigh, he sat up in bed and quietly waited for the shower to end and his captor to exit.

Back
Top Bottom