Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~ Cost of Immortality ~ {DarkRiffs}

Dreama did not chime in that most days, she was surprised she had survived too. The more she read through his texts, the more she got the idea of his skill and power. She had always known her mentor was powerful, he had shown her on a daily basis, many times using her body as an example but the magnitude of knowledge had never really sank in. Then if she had known she might never have turned against him realizing how impossible the task was.
Nodding at his question she finished her glass of wine. “One of the servants can show you the way.” Looking down the table at the king, he was clearly other wise occupied.
Eyes sweeping over Caelan quickly, giving him a small smile. “If you will excuse me, I am going to make my escape before he actually decides he has something to say. It seems he has grown bolder today. I would hate for him to push his luck.” Her eyes flicking over the man before her. Letting any other comments go, she stood and headed for the door. Only after it clicked behind her did she realize she had been holding her breath. She had expected the king to stop her for one last conversation. That was the last thing she needed, a second show in less than an hour.

Back
Top Bottom