Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Chance based Role Play?

Lady Irony

Banned
Banished
I played an RP once that involved a sadistic game show where criminals had the chance to spin a wheel of misfortune and whatever option it landed on, they could submit to and have time taken off their sentence or even released (if they survived).

We came up with a number of "misfortunes" and then I (being the GM) allocated a number to each one but didn't tell my partner what they corresponded to. So when played and her character(s) spun the wheel she would say at the end of her post what number it landed on and I would match it up on my master list. So all chance based.

Using dice would be a more common option as well for some RP's.

So I was wondering if anyone else had used some kind of chance system to play a RP or create random possibilities?

A partner introduced me to a really elaborate plot-advancing system with a complicated system of determining chance of something happening, then rolling from a list and getting things like "an evil sibling shows up unexpectedly". I would have much preferred a simple list and rolling like roulette, but eh. It worked.

I have tried using rolls for simple determinations on RP combat and even sexual pairings. Partners didn't stick around long enough to see how it worked out. I've also theorized about a sort of game show with challenges that would be determined OOC by rolls.

I've tried RP's using tabletop RPG rules, either as intended or houseruled a little to allow for more lewd situations. They didn't particularly work well, and I wouldn't try it again beyond using a rule system to create a character because all parties involved found it fun to do so.

I do have an idea to try and facilitate those lovely but annoying RP's where there's so many ideas blasting about during the planning stages that it's difficult to know where to start. Simplify the brewing plots or kinks down to a sentence or so, assign each a number and then roll to randomly decide which to start with. At an agreed point roll again and so on. It could easily be expanded like in examples above but I personally would worry about the effort massively outweighing the gain from it. Not to say I wouldn't give it a try like the sad little nerd I am.

I've tried RP's using tabletop RPG rules, either as intended or houseruled a little to allow for more lewd situations. They didn't particularly work well, and I wouldn't try it again beyond using a rule system to create a character because all parties involved found it fun to do so.
If it's a system game like D&D or WoD, I often at least loosely use stats and rules and rolls. But for sex... well, someone actually made a D&D guide for sexual encounters. Everything from flirting to satisfaction of performance to pregnancy. It was redic elaborate, and I read it more as a joke than anything. But it exists. The rolling I do for smut stuff is more like who 'wins' and tops the other or something like that. I would not enjoy making rolls to see if MC could get their partner off or if it ends in awkwardly getting redressed and never talking about it again.

If it's a system game like D&D or WoD, I often at least loosely use stats and rules and rolls. But for sex... well, someone actually made a D&D guide for sexual encounters. Everything from flirting to satisfaction of performance to pregnancy. It was redic elaborate, and I read it more as a joke than anything. But it exists. The rolling I do for smut stuff is more like who 'wins' and tops the other or something like that. I would not enjoy making rolls to see if MC could get their partner off or if it ends in awkwardly getting redressed and never talking about it again.
The book of erotic fantasy? I never got beyond giving it a skim but I can imagine a read of it would be entertaining. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of it again.

I can see how a simple couple of rolls like one round of WoD combat could work, and frankly given the right partner I'd give it a go.

The book of erotic fantasy? I never got beyond giving it a skim but I can imagine a read of it would be entertaining. I'll see if I can get my hands on a copy of it again.

I can see how a simple couple of rolls like one round of WoD combat could work, and frankly given the right partner I'd give it a go.
A Rolls Flirt: 5sux
B Rolls Resist: 2sux
*B gets banged*

Back
Top Bottom